[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show considered good? Is it worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: Opening_Avatar_logo.png (98KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Opening_Avatar_logo.png
98KB, 333x250px
Is this show considered good? Is it worth watching?
>>
>>88326041
No. It's shit
>>
Yes. It's the best
>>
>>>/global/rules/16
All requests and recommendations belong on >>>/wsr/
>>
It's good but not the masterpiece a lot of the internet likes to treat it as.
>>
>>88326041
No one likes this show. In fact, it doesn't even exist. Did you make that image yourself? Take your OC shit and shove it.
>>
>>88326041
better than most anime
>>
>>88326580
You literally added a word to the rule there though.
>>
>>88326783
this

be wary, OP

my favorite thing about it is that it has Uncle Aku
>>
>>88326783

Some people will call it as a masterpiece and some people won't. Apparently neither is right or wrong duo to this crazy thing called "opinions".
>>
>>88326041
It is pretty good anon. Not perfect but it is one of the best western animations you will see. Avoid the sequel at all costs though.
>>
>>88326041
It's very very good, but you will be disappointed if you hype it up into the stratosphere, but that's true of most shows.

Probably my all time favorite western animated show.
>>
>>88327142
Opinions can be wrong.
>>
>>88326041
It's the only thing of above average quality that Nickelodeon ever made
prove me wrong.
>>
>>88326041
its goat
>>
>>88326580
kys
>>
>>88326580
>>>/global/rules/7

>Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

:^)
>>
>>88329432
Beliefs can be wrong. Opinions can't.
>>
File: ross.jpg (12KB, 328x248px) Image search: [Google]
ross.jpg
12KB, 328x248px
>>88330989
>>
>>88326783
THIS

I heard lots of praise for years on the damn thing and when I finally saw it I was incredibly underwhelmed.
>>
>>88330989
You're forgetting most of their Nicktoons they made from 1991 to 1997.
>>
>>88335505
Your expectations were too high.

It's really very good, but it's not the best thing ever. Also Book 3 is a disappointment. Someone who marathons it now won't be able to savor Book 1 and especially Book 2 before Book 3 lets them down.
>>
>>88330989
I think Invader Zim and early Spongebob are better tbqh

I also like TLH more
>>
A:TLA is god tier.

Korra is okay at best, but if you don't at least watch it, it means you didn't like A:TLA enough to want that kind of punishment. So you've gotta have a few screws loose.
>>
>>88335572
I liked Book 3. The pacing was weird in spots, but it also has some of the highlights of the series - Avatar and the Firelord, The Puppetmaster, Firebending masters, Southern Raiders and Sozin's Comet etc. What were your main problems with it?
>>
>>88335920
The first half dragged and was unnecessarily episodic at a moment when the show should have been focusing on the end goal.

The second half suffered from "everyone goes on a personal field trip with Zuko", which was uninspired writing.

And the finale had the biggest flaws of all:

>Sozin's Comet lasts only a few minutes; why is it such a big deal?
>Aang chose the worst possible moment to confront Ozai
>Lionturtle deus ex machina
>Chiropractic rock
>Ozai himself was very weakly developed, compared to Azula
>>
>>88336116

Not really an excuse, but Ozai was just an asshole. Any more "development" would have just been him, continuing to be an asshole. Azula satisfied the needs of the "I like watching shitty people do shitty things" crowd, especially at the end when all of her shitty behavior can be chalked up to bipolar shit or whatever.
>>
>>88326041
Yes, but the sequel series is shit
>>
>>88336116
>>Sozin's Comet lasts only a few minutes; why is it such a big deal?
It was just as much about what the comet did than how long it lasted. Firebenders' power were increased by a lot, which could make their soldiers really effective. They wanted to take advantage of that, probably (it has been a really long time since I watched the show, I'm realizing).
>>
>>88336116
>The first half dragged and was unnecessarily episodic at a moment when the show should have been focusing on the end goal.

The problem is they have 21 episodes to fill. In a 3 act structure, the second act is almost always the longest, which is why the second season has by far the best pacing and build up of the 3 seasons. I would probably care more about this, if I didn't like the episodes that were in the first half. But Sokka's Master, The Beach, Avatar and the Firelord, The Runaway, The Puppet master were all really solid.

>The second half suffered from "everyone goes on a personal field trip with Zuko", which was uninspired writing.

Yeah, this was a weird choice, but I only have a problem with Boiling Rock for this. The Firebending masters and Southern Raiders are both justified in being Aang/Zuko and Katara/Zuko episodes respectively. There was no need for a two parter Sokka/Zuko episode, but once again, I find it hard to mad about because all these episodes were executed well.

What? Pretty sure that isn't right. It's implied that it lasts for about a day.

>Aang chose the worst possible moment to confront Ozai.

Yeah, I guess. But what other choice did he have?

>Lionturtle deus ex machina

Yeah, that was fucking terrible writing.

>Chiropractic rock

Also, dumb, but I get it. If Aang could tap into the Avatar state all of season 3, he would OP.

True, but this isn't a problem. He was the perfect villain for Aang to overcome, and that's all he needed to be. Similar to the Joker with Batman.
>>
>>88329171
Why do people have a problem with Legend of Korra?
>>
>>88338271
Because it was bad.
>>
>>88336116

You're thinking of the solar eclipse. Sozin's Comet buff lasted significantly longer, the eclipse was only eight minutes or so.
>>
>>88336200

It was all a front for Azula. She was just like Zuko but was the result of if Zuko had the potential Ozai wanted.
>>
>>88326041
It's for plebs.
>>
watch Korra instead
>>
Avatar - The Last Airbender - North and South Part 1 (2016) (digital) (mv-DCP)
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/oL5scBL1/file.html
>>
>>88326041
It's a bit overhyped by the fans especially as a reaction to Korra being such a turd.

It's a pretty great series, not without shortcomings. Most glaring problem IMO is it's a bit slow.
>>
>>88341606
Yoohoo! Moooods!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.