[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Sequel Slated For 2019

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: Spider-Man.jpg (47KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man.jpg
47KB, 620x470px
>Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have announced that the sequel to SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING will be relased on July 5, 2019, kicking off Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tom Holland is confirmed to return as Peter Parker / Spider-Man.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/marvel-sony-set-a-release-date-for-the-spider-man-homecoming-sequel-a147441
>>
>>88319323
>first movie of Phase 4 isn't Thunderbolts

baka desu senpai
>>
Getting very slight ASM Sony fears but then again, they already announced Guardians 3 a longass time ago so meh
>>
>>88319323
It'll be cancelled after the backalash from Homecoming and we'll get a new spider-man reboot in 3 years
>>
File: venom vs spidey.jpg (182KB, 800x559px)
venom vs spidey.jpg
182KB, 800x559px
My dream:
>Avengers Infinity War part 2 or whatever it's called has Spider-man get the symbiote as an upgrade to help him fight Thanos
>His second movie has him start out already in the black suit
>The movie is mostly about Venom, but they might team up to fight a greater threat at the end, and make a truce
>Venom movie

Though hearing about Sony wanting to do Venom by themselves separately doesn't give me much hope.
>>
>>88319951
>backalash from Homecoming
It's a MCU movie, it isn't going to get any kind of backlash that is actually going to affect it in anyway.
>>
>>88320006
I said what I said
>>
>>88319876
>they already announced Guardians 3 a longass time ago so meh

They actually haven't. Not officially, at least. But it's still a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>88319951
What do you think Marvel is, Sony?

By themselves?
>>
>>88320170
Sony has control of solo movies
>>
>>88320390
no
>>
>>88322352
yes
>>
>>88322377
Feige is still behind everything content-related and is also a major executive-producer. Sony is just dealing with marketing and silly stuff like that
>>
>>88320000
checked
I'm sure Marvel Studios would intervene once the project actually gets off the ground, for better or worse. So far the Venom movie's just a bunch of talk.
>>
>>88319528
Don't forget, Spidey endorsed the Thunderbolts back when they first showed up, and even helped them out fighting a villain.
>>
>>88320000
quads of truth, praise him.
>>
>>88319323
Hopefully Tom Holland does a nude scene in it.
>>
Mysterio please
Its been long enough
>>
>>88319528
So who would be in MCU's Thunderbolts?

Off the top of my head, I can only remember Zemo and the Abomination surviving their movies. There's the Leader as well and it'd be cool to see him come back. Is there anyone else, really?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-13-14-27-37.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-13-14-27-37.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>88324057
If Karla is featured in Captain Marvel we could get her as Meteorite
>>
>>88324057
Maybe one of Spider-Man's villains - how about Shocker?
>>
>>88324057
>>88325271
imo, Thunderbolts only works as "villains creating new identities to pretend to be heroes." Otherwise, it's just a Suicide Squad ripoff.

Honestly, just do an Avengers movie with the Masters of Evil, introduce Screaming Mimi, Beetle, Goliath, Moonstone and Fixer in that movie, then follow it up with them as the Thunderbolts.
>>
>>88320000
In that scenario I'd honestly rather keep Venom until the third movie and just have the second be Spider-Man slowly changing and then ending on throwing the suit away.
Could even end it on a mind battle against the black suit like in Spectacular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9tzrouhLk

Or have Phase 4 build up to Secret War
>>
>>88319323
Do people even care about Spider-Twat anymore?
>>
>>88319323
But will there be an Aunt May stand alone?
>>
>>88320000

Fuck no. We finally have a spidey done right that they can milk for years. Venom shouldn't appear until Spidey 3 at the earliest, but more like movie 4 or 5.
>>
>>88331545

This. And also the villain in the next movie should be Kraven. Then Green Goblin. Then Doc Ock. Then Venom. Then Sinister Six.
>>
>>88331589
I don't think Kraven can carry a movie by himself
>>
Sequel should lead with Mysterio and have Rhino as the secondary villain. This is the only right answer
>>
>>88334992
>hasn't read Kraven's Last Hunt: the post

Why do you not just hang out on /v/?
>>
>>88319876
Movie can be shit but the fact that it's a MCU movie and RDJ is in it will guarantee this movie gets dosh.
>>
File: 1481008284082.png (234KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481008284082.png
234KB, 500x400px
>>88334992
Kraven's an amazing antagonist, above the usual rest of the comic book badguy crowd. I'd kill for a movie revolving around him.
>>
File: 564475-kraven_wos31.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
564475-kraven_wos31.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
>>88334992

Nigga, is you serious?
>>
Absolutely no idea why Marvle made this deal with Sony

Now they are literally forced to have a Spider-Man sequel on the slate EVERY 2 years for the forseeable future just to prevent retarded Sony execs from wanting their shitty Venom standalone, Sinister Six spinoff, Aunt May spy movie, etc. in production and IN THE MCU

Feige really fucked up
>>
>>88320000
First quads I've seen in a while and I happen to completly agree with the bastard.
>>
Will we ever see spider-man comic scenes remade in the Marvel movies or do we have to get by with the ones from sony
>>
>>88325548
I know, but I just really want Venom.

And you have to consider that some of the villains have already been done before.

Green Goblin's been done twice, and while he looked awful both times, Dafoe acted the hell out of the role. It's gonna be hard to top that IMO.

Spider-man 2 is still remembered by most to be the best Spider-man movie, and Doc Ock was done well, but I could see them trying to do him again.

Venom's only been in half a movie and he was terrible, so I can see Marvel (and Sony) wanting to use him as one of their first big villains for Spidey.
>>
>>88338721

If they do venom again they have to play up the rivalry angle between Peter and Brock or the betrayal thing that Spectacular pushed.

Venom needs a whole movie.
>>
>>88319323
If Homecoming bombs, can we just get a netflix show instead?
>>
>>88338005
When has the MCU ever adapted comic scenes?
>>
>>88340291
Iron Man and Captain America clash in Civil War. Though I'm not even sure if that actually happened in the comic; I think it was just a cover but that's something I guess
>>
>>88340276
NO, NOT UNTIL WE GET A GHOST RIDER SHOW.

Then after, sure, what the fuck ever.
>>
When is our live action Carnage, Sinister Six, or Kraven?
>>
>>88341239
Carnage is not PG enough.

>We'll never have R rated spidey movie where Carnage goes nuts.
>>
>>88324057
In the movies Zemo, Leader, Abomination, Batroc, Mordo and Klaw are alive (also Machete but he was literally a background goon extra).
In one shots and shows there's a bunch more.

I'd say having the original team would work best. Would be cool to set it up by having (some of) the members first show up as minor villains in other movies (Batroc/Crossbones/Korath level or smaller, like the Kronan in Thor 2), like Moonstone in Cap. Marvel, Goliath in Ant-Man and the Wasp, etc.

Would Marvel even have Beetle, though? Didn't he first appear fighting the Human Torch or something?
>>
>phase 4

Spidey finding the symbiote in Infinity War is a nice nod, but I honestly think I want off the mcu ride after Thanos does his thing.
>>
>>88319323
Question about the trailer, was the Iron Man suit shown the same one from CA3: CW? It looks like an earlier mark to me like Mark 6 or is Mark 46? a throwback looking model?
>>
Sony would be pushing Spider-Man every 2 years. They need that baby to keep them alive.
Granted, I'm wondering if this would conflict with Avenger films.
>>
>>88325452
This. I mean, hell, how about have cold openings with the various villains as throw away? I'm so sick of people acting that the Thunderbolts must be made up of currently alive villains in the MCU.
>>
>>88331545
No, for christ's sake. We don't need to draw everything out even fucking more.

Spider-Man Hom3coming won't be out till 2021 and 4omecoming would be like 2023. Remember when we thought the Raimi movies were gonna go on forever, too? You know the reason we're getting fucking Lizard and Vulture in our Spidey origin movies now is because they've been going down a list since Spider-Man 3, right? ASM2 obviously wanted to be a Night Gwen Stacy Died movie and had Electro shoved in pointlessly.

So if you're gonna do Venom, just fucking do Venom in the next movie. Don't waste my goddamn time with Louis CK as Chameleon or Tom Cruise as the Beetle or Joaquin Phoenix as Hydro-Man or whatever the fuck.

Homecoming 2 will be the seventh christing Spider-Man movie, I think everyone is sick of buildup and just wants to see the shit we've been waiting more than ten years for.
>>
>>88334992
Literally the single best Spider-Man comic of all time was more about Kraven than Spider-Man.
>>
>>88336938
Its Spider-Man. Spider-Man is always in demand. If they took their time, Tom Holland would grow up way too fast. Do you want him to be 30 and still in High School? The only conflict of interest would be wanting Spider-Man film and an Avengers film the same year, but Infinity Wars is already filming, so they're okay on that front.

Man, Holland is going to be exhausted.
>>
>>88325548
>>88338721
>>88339525
You know what I think will happen? Venom will get his own spinoff franchise. They'll do a Venom in a Spider-Man film, then make Venom with his three films. It would be the natural progression of things and there really aren't any other Spider-Man characters who can sustain their own spinoffs.
>>
>>88341329
Why do we need an R-Rating for Carnage? So him leap at the camera, cut away. Show him slice and dice, and you see shadows. So blood hit the wall. Jurassic World did all this in a PG-13 rating.
>>
>>88343203
Agreed with this post. It's like how Homecoming is more about Peter and Tony's team up more than it is a Spider-Man film. We know the Spider-Man origins, and they just need a low ball film to set up Spider-Man's status quo. Therefore, Vulture and Shocker as the villains. Both are very tame Spider-Man villains who are there for action beats, but the focus is more on Spider-Man's status quo's set up.
The Second Film will require a shakeup in some way. Granted, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Venom are the three big Spider-Man villains, it still makes me wonder if they would go to them yet. Spider-Man Homecoming 2 would probably merge more small villains, like Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter. I mean, have Mysterio do the illusions so Kraven can take advantage of Pete.
>>
>>88343219
You know, why do people like that story so much? Spider-Man doesn't even do anything in it. He gets shot, buried alive, trips balls, gets out, and then the problem pretty much solves itself. Why do people love that story so much?
>>
>>88340328
Have you tried actually reading comics?
>>
>>88343203
I'd take Tom Cruise as Beetle over Venom
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.