[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zip a dee doo dah zip a dee ay....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Zaddd02.jpg (16KB, 319x193px) Image search: [Google]
Zaddd02.jpg
16KB, 319x193px
Zip a dee doo dah zip a dee ay....
>>
>>88315232
it was a different time.
>>
Negroes are inferior in every way.

Whites are much cleaner, that's what I say.
>>
>>88315232
https://youtu.be/6nXRC5f5B1M?t=18m49s
>>
>>88315232
My oh my, what wonderful day!
>>
>saw the film as a child
>Thought Uncle Remus was a bro and hated the whiny kids
Maybe it's nostalgia talking but this film really isn't that bad for the era, I don't know why it's singled out as "Racism: The Movie"
>>
>>88315232
>Disney will never do anything with Brer Rabbit ever again.
>>
>>88315232
Dammit, should have requested this movie on the Mega thread
>>
This still airs on UK television, just not on any channels owned by Disney.
>>
>>88315488
Because it depicted happy slaves.
>>
>>88315480

Now tell me.... Do you like getting drunk?
>>
>>88315596
iirc, wasn't it set after slavery was outlawed?
>>
>>88315351
Too many syllables
>>
>>88315596
>>88318067
Yeah, it's set during Reconstruction, so those are Happy Sharecroppers, not Happy Slaves.
>>
>>88315351

I love that cartoon.
>>
>>88318196
not that the average American would posses the brain capacity to comprehend that
>>
shouldn't it be... impressive that they wanted to work with black people? Same goes for the crows in Dumbo that got voiced by black people or Coal Black and de sebben dwarfs
It won't be okay to do this shit today, but it literally is a product of it's time and hiding it from the public won't make things any better
>>
>>88318290
for that, Americans would have to understand how history works
>>
>tfw sharecropper
>might never own my own land to pass down to future generations
>resentment and violent racism all around, don't know if my family is safe or not at any given point
>Barely making enough to break even, still feel like a slave sometimes
>Well shit
>Always a good idea to sing when I need brightening up

>....Well now they think I'm happy all the time.
>>
>>88318610
so basically the life a fair chunk of Europeans lived back then
>>
>>88318290
When Speedy Gonzales cartoons were first released, they were considered progressive and got awards for being multicultural. But in the early 2000s, episodes were banned from television for being racially offensive.

How many years from now will shows from the 90s like Fresh Prince of Bel Air be considered racially insensitive for it's "stereotypical portrayal of a young black male".

For that matter, how long before shows like Will and Grace be considered offensive to the gay community?
>>
>>88318884
Song of the South was considered racist when it first open. In fact Disney had screened it with civil rights activists when it was still in production and even then they told him it was racist and offensive. He ignored them.
>>
>>88315488
>saw the film as a child
>Thought Uncle Remus was a bro
Absolutely. I think it's a really nice film in that it depicts friendship between people of different races. That's probably why salty identity politics shitters hate it so much.

>>88315596
I'm beginning to think there's a decent argument for just not teaching the next generation history at all. It just leads to resentment because of how your ancestors were treated by other people's ancestors rather than how you yourself are treated. Kids would never develop these complexes if we just never told them that stuff happened. I think it's probably the only way to actually create equality.
>>
>>88318212
where Scar is a lawyer for Disney?
>>
>>88319038

It's literally because people no longer have historical literacy that this shit is a problem. People are unable to place events in context and they think about everything in present tense and present standards. You're just doing more safe space shit when you say "let's not teach people history."
>>
File: 1477615263870.jpg (24KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1477615263870.jpg
24KB, 500x378px
>>88318884
>Mfw they ban Speedy Gonzales for being a stereotypical depiction
>Mfw the Hispanic community sees him as a hero and fought to bring him back

People need to realize that minorities aren't as full of butthurt libcucks as the media likes to portray them as.
>>
>>88319330
Heres a source for it btw

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/speedy-gonzales-hispanic_n_4039787.html
>>
>>88318951
I take shit that never happened for 20$
>>
>>88315232
>Zip a dee doo dah zip a dee ay....
I know that OP is totally gay!
>>
>>88319038
All that bad stuff should just be shoved down the memory hole. We've always been at war with eastasia.
>>
>>88319484
kek
>>
File: song of the south reference.png (258KB, 276x422px) Image search: [Google]
song of the south reference.png
258KB, 276x422px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI

interesting, dont you think?
>>
>>88315232
Reminder that James Baskett was not allowed to attend the film's premiere in Atlanta, Georgia nor the Academy Awards where "Song of the South" was a nominee.
>>
>>88319896
That's pretty shitty.
>>
>>88319896

That makes me sad.
>>
>>88319057

Yup.

"Jim Henson?!?"
"He wouldn't sell! HE WOULDN'T SELL!"
>>
>>88318290
The main crow in Dumbo was named "Jim Crow".
>>
>>88315450
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>88315270
Yeah depicting a black person as happy, what were they thinking?
>>
>>88315488
Because there is a black man in it, the only way to not be racist is to only have whites in it.
>>
>>88319330
Speedy Gonzales was not a racist character but every other mouse he'd interact with sure as hell was. Strange how people would single out Speedy.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.