[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camp Camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

What did /co/ think of Camp Camp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4c6JUBauBg
>>
It feels like a normal cartoon, but with swearing added in.
>>
Most of it was pretty good. Reigny Day was fucking fantastic. But i like Nazi puns so, I'm biased.
>>
>>88310807
I enjoyed it unironically, and liked nearly all of the characters, David especially after the finale. It pretty much showed that Miles Luna is pretty much a slow burn writer. Give him time and a plan and he works really well, all things considered. I think though with Camp Camp it needs two viewings, if you really want to enjoy it. The first, you are blind. The second, knowing what you know, a lot more things click and it's great.
>>
>>88310807
one of the few webcartoons worth it
>>
>>88310807
Surprisingly really enjoyed it
>>
>>88310807
It's ok. I wanna do unclean things to Nikki
>>
I really, really didn't like it.

It was incredibly derivative & one dimension. Everyone outside the main cast were walking stereotypes defined by their 1 attribute. "Hitler" kid. "Magic" kid. "Space" kid. The setting wasn't anything new or original. The MC suffered from "webcomic character" syndrome where they're like the author's insert who's the only person that can see through the cartoonishness of their surroundings. It's an incredibly obnoxious way to write a 'straight man' character.

The art-style doesn't blend with the comedic tone they're going for. It's incredibly bright and round whereas the humor is crass and meta. Even if their intention was to juxtapose the cutesy style with the 'dirty' humor they didn't do a particularly good job of making that juxtaposition work towards that purpose and add to the comedic effect. When I think of something like this done right I think of that episode of Billy & Mandy where Puddin' wishes for a Bunny who has a relentless drive to kill him. The bunny being cute is in direct opposition to the cruel humor. Whereas this doesn't utilize that contrast to amplify any of the comedy, it was just a bad design choice.

I could say more, but I think this show was made by people with little experience or training and it shows.
>>
>>88310807
The green haired girl is cute.
>>
If I wanted to watch a shitty cartoon made by some idiots I would just watch RWBY.
>>
>>88310807
I enjoyed it. What are the chances for a season 2?
>>
>>88311013
yeah that sums it up.
>>88311592
Pretty good analysis.
>>
Ive not watched it since the second episode, but i do want to catch up on it. Plus i had a spot for david.
>>
>>88311661
my bro is a huge roosterteeth fan and he said that they had already confirmed S2 in a podcast

honestly I loved it, nice characters, great style, amazing voices, decent/meh at times writing
>>
>>88311623

Nikki is amazing.
>>
>>88310807
Good cartoon.

Would work well on Adult Swim.
>>
>>88310807
want to fuck the main shota
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.