[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they still make hand drawn cartoons or is it a dead art form?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: art.jpg (48KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
48KB, 320x320px
Do they still make hand drawn cartoons or is it a dead art form?
>>
Koreans do.
>>
Digital is still hand drawn. Instead needing a new piece of paper when you screw up, you just ctrl+z.
>>
>>88308263
Many Korean Studios do the animation and inking on paper, using the computer to do the coloring and compositing
>>
They died in 2004
>>
>>88308281
>>88308331
Nice. Why do they do it, though? Is it more convenient than digital for them?
>>
File: giphy.gif (868KB, 600x338px)
giphy.gif
868KB, 600x338px
>>88308316
More big studios need to invest in the potential of digital/paperless 2D. There's never been a better time to be a traditional animator.
>>
delet that fucking picture
>>
>>88308263
this picture makes me so sad. fuck calart grads. fuck them all
>>
Why do people assume drawing on a tablet means that an animation took no skill to make?
>>
Speaking of which, will you see it?
https://vimeo.com/126287950/recommended
They recently posted this
https://vimeo.com/194377800
And said they'll give us some updates soon
>>
>>88309051
I don't think anyone who isn't stupid thinks this.
>>
Animation is still the same as it ever was. Only the tools to make it have changed.

It's the same with comic books. People always bitch about computers ruining the business, but that's a falacy.
Sure, there are people who don't know how to use the tools properly, and they produce shit. But someone who is a true craftsman, can take those tools, learn to use them, and produce marvellous works.

Can you imagine what Jack Kirby, or Ditko, or any of the other greats could have produced had Illustrator or Photoshop had been available to them?
It makes me sad they never got to try. I believe Kirby would have produced wonderful works of art.

Don't blame the tools, blame the worker who doesn't learn how to use them.
>>
People seem to think that all because you draw keyframes on tablet, there's an automated process the computer has that creates and animates everything between key frames.
>>
>>88308371
It's much cheaper in the short term to invest in tons of paper rather than drawing tablets that cost thousands of dollars and require a bit of a learning curve.

In the long term however, paperless is less expensive and more efficient.

The only cartoons that have almost gone entirely paperless are those animated using puppet rigs and computerized tweening.
>>
File: DeleteThis.jpg (53KB, 549x469px) Image search: [Google]
DeleteThis.jpg
53KB, 549x469px
>>88308263
>This fucking image
>>
>>88314090

Also all the mediums for coloring is also super expensive. Ink , paints, and good quality color pencils aren't cheap. :)

Then there's all the brushes, airbrushes, &
>>
>>88310388
oh hell yes.
>>
>>88314763
They do all the coloring on the computer as >>88308331 said. The only things done on paper these days are the initial character and object drawings that are then digitally inked and painted in post production and the backgrounds for some shows (many just do them on the computer these days).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.