[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone in Arrow pronounce Ra's al Ghul differently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ras.jpg (49KB, 655x368px) Image search: [Google]
ras.jpg
49KB, 655x368px
Why does everyone in Arrow pronounce Ra's al Ghul differently? It's about 50% pronouncing it Rahs, 50% pronouncing it Raysh. But I just watched his LoT episode and Sara pronounced it Roysh?
>>
>>88305663
Every time I see it written, I mentally think "RAH-Z" but then I think of the character in TAS and I remember they always called him "RAY-SH" I wish I could make myself skip the first part, but I never could.
>>
>>88305663
Id like to think its a reference to the the common misconception but more likely CW writers are idiots and cant keep it straight. Its canonically pronounced "Raysh" by the way.
>>
>>88305740
This.
>>
>>88305663
I read somewhere that they did it intentionally. Everyone not initiated into the league pronounces it incorrectly.
>>
>>88305663
There is no correct pronunciation.
>>
>>88305740
In The Dark Knight trilogy and CW Arrowverse its Rahs, in the Arkham series and Batman TAS its pronounced Raysh. Really there is no correct way to pronounce it since its a fictional name.
>>
This guy gets a bad rap I kind of liked his calm collected take on the character. Even when he was ordering crazy shit to be done it always came off like it was the most normal thing in the world to him.
>>
>>88306117
Except when the character creator explicitly states that it is pronounced Raysh because of Hebrew.
>>
>>88306130
He did a pretty good job as Ra's al-Ghul.
He just had to deal with being in a crappy show and getting beaten at the end by Oliver for no real reason after he handed GA his ass to him in their first fight with no real effort at all.
>>
>>88305663
Its Rahs
It has always been Rahs
>>
It's "Ray shall cool" not "Ross all ghoul"

fucking get it right boys
>>
>>88306117
It's not a fictional name at all. It's the Arabic name for the constellation of Perseus. The "Demon's Head" is Medusa's, that he holds.
And the Arabs pronounce it Raysh, BTW.
>>
>>88307561
Well, it IS fictional. Only not original to the character, is what I meant.
>>
>>88307579

Everything is "fictional". My name is just as much an idea as Ra's is. Doesn't mean that pronunciations aren't distinguished from each other.
>>
>>88307561
I've heard Arabs say it's closest to RAZ, as in rascal.
>>
>>88305663
This is what happens when you don't have a good character director. All the actors look at the script and come up with their own pronounciations and it's the job of the guy in charge to give a fuck.

A good director wouldn't allow this sort of inconsistancy without reason.
>>
>>88307840
Why would you not allow inconsistencies in the pronunciation of the name, when the same inconsistencies exist in real life?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.