[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally decided to watch this show. Pretty good but what the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1145.png (425KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1145.png
425KB, 1280x800px
Finally decided to watch this show.

Pretty good but what the fuck is the point of this character? it feels like they don't know what to do with her
>>
>>88304252
the point was to convince you to kill yourself for liking such deplorable garbage.
>>
>>88304515
EPIC! That was epic.
>>
>>88304252

I think that she had a point once, but now she is just sort of around.

Lapis escaping the mirror and fleeing Earth is directly responsible for a bunch of shit that happens after. She is the catalyst for Homeworld being reminded that Earth is a thing, Peridot being sent to check on the cluster, the Hand ship, Jasper coming to Earth, the Earth NOT being destroyed by the cluster... all kinds of shit.

But its true that, ever since Lapis got pulled out of the Malachite fusion, she is just sort of... there. Though I'll admit its kind of fun just watching Lapis and Peridot live in a barn being shitty room mates.

I feel like Lapis is going to come back around and be important again at some point, and is just sort of 'on hold' until then. Which I guess makes sense from a narrative standpoint, considering that Lapis herself doesn't know what she is supposed to do anymore. She hates Earth, but she doesn't have anyplace better to go anymore.
>>
>>88304252
there is not point to anything in SU.
>>
>>88304252
She existed to make Zuke to project her feelings about depression.
>>
Peridot is a leech. Any time Peridot is on-screen, every other character just becomes an accessory to whatever Peridot's doing. Lapis can only develop as a character when Peridot is off-screen, which doesn't happen much because she's Peridot's sidekick now.
>>
Literally Adventure Time with a more annoying MC
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11838884/r
>>
>>88304252
Shoulder blades are my fetish.
>>
File: roy.jpg (88KB, 717x478px) Image search: [Google]
roy.jpg
88KB, 717x478px
>>88305131
She had better be some kind of double agent or something to justify this blandness.
>>
>>88304252
There probably was a purpose to her at one point, but from what I understand, she got railroaded into living and partnering with Peridot, because the crew member Zuke wanted to push a relationship between them. Which doesn't make any sense to me because there's suppose to be enmity between them, certainly Lapis wouldn't have any reason to forgive Peridot, it just happened so they could end up together in the plot, and Zuke could push her agenda.

But then it all went nuclear, and her agenda got shot down when it was realized, so now Lapis doesn't really have a purpose. They'll probably come up with something for her later, but for awhile now you can tell whatever was intended, was scrapped so she's now in plot limbo.
>>
>>88305701
Lapis is boring, she feels like Pearl but without a point, backstory, etc.

Like she acted like a prick towards Earths life, probably killing the shit out of most ocean creatures because the Gems were mean to her... and then she gives Peridot shit for doing the same, not giving a shit about her turning against Yellow Diamond, etc.

Lapis is worse gem by far.
>>
>>88306476
>But then it all went nuclear, and her agenda got shot down when it was realized

When?

How? Is it something that you can tell if you watch the latest episodes?
>>
>>88304252
Her arrival begins the larger lore based plot, and demonstrates the Crystal Gems can be pricks (they knew she was in there), to get Steven asking questions about the war (which he still fucking hasnt which bugs me) and she presents a nonstandard look at toxic relationships, she doesn't "justify" abusive relationships but does show that sometimes abuse can be codepent and even when you seperate the abused form their abuser they may miss their partner. Other than that i don't know what they'll really do with her
>>
>>88306563
We actually don't see her kill any ocean creatures, they seemed fine in that water tower, in reality this would have killed literally all the tings but i think we can give the cartoon some slack
>>
>>88305131
She's there in the current capacity because Zuke cannot separate the fun shit fans do and play around with from what happens in the show. Or understand how it ruins both of those things if you don't keep them separate.

At least as one of her characters. Part of them not knowing what to do with her means that she has like, three different characters that she swaps between depending on who's writing and if they and
>lmao wanna kms tumblr humour
>I'm going to be a cunt and ruin everything for everyone but people still love me because I'm mentally ill, I don't have to treat people with decency
>Peridot's straightman
With not much consistency or ties between them.

There's a reason the only people you see talking about her are waifufags and 'urgh... problematic' tumblr folks. She had no real purpose other than a plot device and no real character beyond her trauma and a few very minor scraps of stuff. This let them project what they wanted her to be onto her.

Now they've reached the point where she actually has to be something and they're a little lost. Not to mention getting more than a little lost in the "mentally ill person doesn't have to treat people like people wow so progressive" schtick.
>>
>>88306581
Not at all, it was about some obsessive creepo anon "found" her super sercert tmblr. But somehow any evidence that could've linked the tmblr blog to her real blog wasn't capped and now it's basically a mosaice screencap of namelesss texts.

The only thing linked it now is vague art done by her live in barely legal lesbo, which is not nearly as hot as it sounds. The thing is Zuke got her the joob on the show, and now she's supposed to have quit, but again, the only confirmation was a cut off billboard showing boarders names and missing hers. That's aper thin too though given that it cuts off the other boarder on each plaque and there could be more to the left of the plaques.

It's all amateur detective work and if you point out how all the pieces so loosely fit together you get called a shill, or a zuke defender or some other innane shit.

I mean, the whole thing could be true, but the turth is we'll have no idea until much later when it doesn't matter, or until her naive gf has a meltdown or she does. This is all permitting any of this even happened and it wasn't jsut some weirdneess from a creeper like that one guy did to the sports mod on /co/.
>>
File: 1479437812673.jpg (536KB, 1280x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1479437812673.jpg
536KB, 1280x1031px
>>88304252
muh abuse allegory basically
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.