[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time: Islands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 564
Thread images: 92

File: tumblr_ohxqbfLTRi1vpyx1go1_1280.jpg (238KB, 750x1095px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohxqbfLTRi1vpyx1go1_1280.jpg
238KB, 750x1095px
Holy shit
>>
File: tumblr_ohtojtrEN61uwb31io1_1280.jpg (252KB, 1056x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohtojtrEN61uwb31io1_1280.jpg
252KB, 1056x1500px
Hopefully, they'll put more effort into promoting this than they did the finale.
>>
>>88296869
dat Susan
>>
>>88296869
Yeah, is this a "Holy Shit, they're promoting Islands!", or "Holy Shit, new intro"?
>>
>>88296952
more susan is always good, especially for more art
>>
Is Islands their new mini-series? I haven't really kept up since Stakes.
>>
>>88296976
Possibly the first one. Stakes has its own intro too.

>>88297095
Yep, it's kicking off Season 8.
>>
and the light cloud?
>>
>>88296542
god dammit what happened to fins arm this time?

is it worth watching the new seasons just to find out?
>>
>>88297257
not really, it just happened in the latest episode. Spoilers it pops off when his grass thorn forms into a weird grass guy thing, we've yet to see anything past that. he gets a robo arm some time after that.

depending on when you bailed I think it's worth watching the new seasons because they're pretty aight, depending.
>>
>>88296542
I assume that's Finn's new sword.
>>
>>88297987
Damn, I didn't even notice it was a different sword in the title!
>>
>>88296542

>it's another "Fins's hand and sword gets changed"

How many fucking times did they do this
>>
Is this just a season theme like Regular Show in Space

Except it's not the final season
>>
>>88297160
That will probably be part of Islands.

>>88298115
It's another mini series like Stakes.
>>
>>88296869
>>88296542
I thought Finn had gotten his arm back?
>>
>>88298182
Yes and no. It was the Grass Sword the whole time. At the very end of Reboot, it apparently decides "fuck this sparing-people's-lives shit," pops itself off, absorbs the Finn Sword, and becomes some sort of grass-monster-doppelganger thing.
>>
>>88296542
Oh look its fucking nothing
>>
>>88296869
''Rebecca Sugar spit'' shots fired!
>>
>>88298182
Turns out he did not, and it was implied from the moment his new hand appeared

it was basically a plant parasite with a mind of its own, and in the season 7 finale it betrays Finn
>>
>>88296542
>The actual protagonist finally is gonna get actual focus.

Took them long enough.
>>
>>88298239
>>88298436
well shit

I haven't watched adventure time in almost two years.
i need to get back to it
>>
>>88298467

>The actual protagonist finally is gonna get actual adventure focus

The love struck fin arc was trash
>>
File: IMG_4116.png (13KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4116.png
13KB, 226x223px
>>88296542
>>88296869
Why would anyone mutilate the protagonist of a kid's show?
>>
File: 1476307530492.jpg (19KB, 692x473px) Image search: [Google]
1476307530492.jpg
19KB, 692x473px
>>88298650
>Implying people treat kid's shows as kid's shows
If there's an unusual object in a whimsical land you gotta blow it out of proportion.
>>
>>88296542
>susan with hat

meh

>>88296869
>susan without hat

YES
>>
>>88298467
>implying Susan isn't gonna be the focus as she says good bye to Finn and live out her life in some dumb island far away.
>>
>>88297257
Yes. AT has always been good. only a few bad episodes in season 5.
>>88297291
There has been an ongoing sub-plot about his arm during the whole season, though.
>>
>>88296542
WHEN DOES IT AIR?
>>
>>88298090
He change swords since season 1.
It's the second time he lose his hand.
>>
So Jake was just being dramatic after being crushed by that anchor I guess.
>>
File: kosher.jpg (24KB, 291x298px) Image search: [Google]
kosher.jpg
24KB, 291x298px
So how long until his arm grows back this time?
>>
>>88298933
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>88298933
Never. Cyborg Finn is here to stay.
>>
>>88298956
Expectations like that is exactly how AT fucks you to death man.

I'm happy about the arm but stay guarded, what's been done in the past can repeat and storyboards from future episodes didn't seem to portray him with the robo arm. It's still possible they're revert it again in some way.
>>
File: 1481012495999.png (2MB, 1366x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1481012495999.png
2MB, 1366x1536px
>>88298933
I give it until the end of this series of specials
Then they'll just have the Queen show up again, and fuck his arm again, and render an actually unique piece of character development irrelevant again and he'l go back to trying to fuck Bubblegum again
And if they don't I'll actually have respect for the show...again
>>
>>88298933
>>88299073
His arms never grew back in the first place. It was always a plant-prosthetic all along.
>>
File: tumblr_n4ngec21k01ruyuz7o1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4ngec21k01ruyuz7o1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1856px
>>88296542
>>88296869
While I'm happy about the arm they did it soooo damn late man, would have been way more hype had this happened like a year ago.

And just having a standard robo arm is pretty generic. Would have been cool if they went outside the box with it and had a plant prosthetic or something like that.
>>
>>88298994
see>>88299145
It's impressive the amount of buthurt that has stopped people to enjoy the show for reasons that were never valid in the first place.
>>
>>88299145
>>88299164
But his arm DID grow back, who gives a shit about technicalities that don't factor in very often. It wasn't the same arm but it might as well have been.
>>
>>88299182
>But his arm DID grow back, who gives a shit about technicalities that don't factor in very often.
So, are you saying that if Finn had got a robot arms instead of the plant arm he had for two seasons, people would have bitched just as much?
>>
>>88299206
No because that's not a technicality, even if it's just a coat of paint on his arm that's a change that would be featured in every episode Finn is in, unlike the thorn which was in like 8 out of 100 or something.

Just any amount of change would have been something. People probably still would have complained but there would have been a whooole lot less of it.
>>
>>88299231
>No because that's not a technicality
How?

Plant prosthetic or robot prosthetic, that's the exact same thing. One is as much a technicality as the other.
>>
>>88299267
No because plant prosthetic looks the exact same aside from the thorn that rarely showed up anyway. If he had a robo one then it would be a physical change.

Unless they were sneaky and just made the robo limb look exactly like his old arm or something, which would have been equally as bullshit.
>>
>>88296542
Motherfucker hes got a robot arm now? fucking spoilers
>>
>>88299296
>No because plant prosthetic looks the exact same aside from the thorn that rarely showed up anyway. If he had a robo one then it would be a physical change.
But it's as much a physical change.

>Unless they were sneaky and just made the robo limb look exactly like his old arm or something
I would only be half surprised if the showrunner ended up giving him a "luke hand" with Princess Bubblegum saying "here, I managed to make it look just like your real arm" just to troll the fans.

I mean, it's not like the technology isn't available in Ooo in the ifrst place.
>>
>>88299353
>But it's as much a physical change.
Yeah, but it's not as satisfying as if something actually changed in the way it looked. That's what pissed people off, the way they handled it made it seem like everything was back to square one.

And since Ooo is so full of magic bullshit they could always magic stuff away, but that usually doesn't make for very interesting storytelling, like when Jake's kids were suddenly old enough to become regular side characters. AT writers have to have enough willpower to not jut use the setting to shove anything they don't want to deal with to the side.
>>
>>88299426
>Yeah, but it's not as satisfying as if something actually changed in the way it looked. That's what pissed people off, the way they handled it made it seem like everything was back to square one.
But this is false. It's literally complaining about the look. I can guarantee you that most of the bawling was about "the team back-pedalling to status-quo and not giving Finn a real loss". and again, a plant prosthetic is the same as a robot prosthetic. It' sthe same damn result.

If what people are really bitching about is simply superficial look, then, it's deeeply moronic and pointles and 100% unjustified.

Superficial look is NEVER a valid point to complain about how a show is doing wrong.

Plant arm and Robot arm: the same.
>>
WHEN DOES IT AIR!
>>
>>88299517
>Plant arm and Robot arm: the same.
Dude, they are not because robo arm looks different, plant looks the same. This is not a hard thing to grasp.

When he immediately got his arm back and it looked exactly the same people were bitching because there was no change; if there had been a permanent change, then Finn would have constantly been reminded of his shitty dad and stuff. I don't care about the whole permanent loss aspect or any of that shit, but this is why I think it was bullshit at least.

Superficial look is important in not pissing off the audience when the show looks like no significant changes stay and matter.
>>
>>88299426
>. That's what pissed people off, the way they handled it made it seem like everything was back to square one.
But that's false.
From the very start they indicated that the arm had something else. It was very clear there was still something ongoing with the arm and you had to be in denial to not see it.

You know all in all, it's very ironic. The showrunners, took a risk, they went in a different direction as the audience expected, they avoided the shortest path and went for a more complex overarching plot, with many step back and for, actually gave density to one of the most important plot point of the show, gave an actual story on which many other could be build. and for that, they were called cowards.
>>
>>88299618
There was no guarantee that anything was gonna result from it. Finn had a thorn that only appeared like 2 times 6 months after he got it, it was possible that the arm plot was just wrapped up and the thorn was occasionally gonna show up to remind the audience that it existed.

It was more like AT did the thing it usually does where something big happens but then they revert 90% of it back to square one. The show writers took the path of least resistance and did what was easiest for them to do, that shouldn't be something to commend just because it was a subversion of expectations.
>>
Ugh, why is this show still on the air? Just let it fucking die.
>>
>>88299583
>Dude, they are not because robo arm looks different, plant looks the same. This is not a hard thing to grasp.
This is impossible to grap because no one should go with that logic.

Plant arm or Robot arm, it's the exact same thing. there objectively no more reason to complain about one over the other.

>When he immediately got his arm back and it looked exactly the same people were bitching because there was no change
There was as much change as if he would have received a robot arm.
>if there had been a permanent change
But IT WAS a permanent change. The Thorn was a clear indication that his arm was different, now.
>then Finn would have constantly been reminded of his shitty dad and stuff.
He didn't need his arm for that.
> I don't care about the whole permanent loss aspect or any of that shit, but this is why I think it was bullshit at least.
But it's not. His relationship with his dad wasn't resolved with that. the whole season he worked it out. The arm being a plant didn't make that plot less important.
>Superficial look is important in not pissing off the audience when the show looks like no significant changes stay and matter.
Anyone actually paying attention would actually realize that there was significant change. Fuck season 6 is when you actually see Finn mature the most.
>>
>>88299686
Back to /sug/ please.
>>
>>88299686
Only 2 more seasons, then it finally be over
>>
>>88299665
>There was no guarantee that anything was gonna result from it.
There was 100% guarantee of it. Anyone who had been following the show this far Knew that Thorn was going to lead to consequence. You had to be in denial to not acknowledge that.
>Finn had a thorn that only appeared like 2 times 6 months after he got it
And? No need to be heavyhanded about that. You don't want Peter Griffin guest-starring in AT going "remember when you had that thorn in your hand" every episode.
> it was possible that the arm plot was just wrapped up and the thorn was occasionally gonna show up to remind the audience that it existed.
Only an idiot would have believed that. The arm plot had been build up for years, to think it was just given up like that would have been moronic. Anyone following the hsow this far should have known more was coming from that.

>It was more like AT did the thing it usually does where something big happens but then they revert 90% of it back to square one.
The 10% always have a great impact.

>The show writers took the path of least resistance and did what was easiest for them to do
But that's wrong. the easiest thing would have been to just Go with Finn losing his arm forver. The additional steps they took actually was the hard way. And it was not for nothing as it got interesting pay-off.
>that shouldn't be something to commend just because it was a subversion of expectations.
It's something to commend because they didn't take the easy way. And made something worthwhile out of it.
>>
>>88299686
BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING GOOD SHOW!
>>
>>88299311
We all knew he was getting a robot arm, its like 15-25% of talk. "Blah, Finn always loses arm, blah buff adult Finn has robot arm in his vision of self. Pillow robot arm."
>>
>>88299835
There was nothing saying the arm would be important man. It was just as likely that his arm was back to normal and the thorn would pop out once in a blue moon, maybe form his grass sword again in times of trouble, but up until it started being featured more that was the most that seemed to be on the horizon.

And doing what they did was definitely the easiest thing, it let them ignore all the consequences of the season 6 opener and just get around to furthering the plot whenever they felt like it. Making his arm look different, or having the thorn instead of being something that popped in when they felt like it always be present, would have been much more work. I have no idea how you think what they did isn't the easiest way.
>>
>>88296542
Oh shit a pirate sword? Nice
>>
>>88299946
>There was nothing saying the arm would be important man.
Did you even watch the show? The was 5 previous seasons of foreshadowing.
>was just as likely that his arm was back to normal and the thorn would pop out once in a blue moon
No, it was very unlikely. assuming that is just silly.
>And doing what they did was definitely the easiest thing,
No, the easiest thing would have been to simply give him a robot arm. The extra sotry-building they did actually required more build-up and extra thinking. Actually getting there in a more complex way, require more work and fore-thinking instead of being just done with it.

>it let them ignore all the consequences of the season 6 opener
They never ignored the consequence of the the Season 6 openers. it had impact througout all the season.
> Making his arm look different, or having the thorn instead of being something that popped in when they felt like it always be present, would have been much more work.
That is solely superficial look and would have got zero impact on the plot.

>I have no idea how you think what they did isn't the easiest way.
Because just giving him the robot arm and be done with that mean it was the end of it. instead, they went firther withthis arc and added more seed from which more story can grow. Doing what they did required extra writing and forethinking. Which is much more work than jus making a superficial change.

They build on the arm plot but didn't go the straight way with it. and that's to be commended.
>>
>>88300102
I'm still not seeing how they didn't shit on the foreshadowing. It was easily possible that they did the part they had to do by having Finn lose his arm, but then wiggled around it by giving him an identical looking one. So that was possible.

And actually you are right about giving him the robo arm would be the end of it, so point taken, but they basically are doing the same thing in the present story line but only drawing it out by years and years. Whatever the green thing is at the end of Reboot doesn't seem very important given that it's not featured in the promotional material for Islands at all, so in the end he'll still just end up with some sort of arm, only they decided to push that date off as far as possible by giving him an arm that looks exactly the same.

So unless they really do something crazy with it, which is possible, I still think they sort of went the easy way out.
>>
>>88300387
Damn, that gif's a real eyesore
>>
File: IMG_9525.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9525.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>88296542
>>88296869
>status quo change
>>
>>88300416
>>88300466
lel
>>
File: 2917569100583.jpg (298KB, 918x603px) Image search: [Google]
2917569100583.jpg
298KB, 918x603px
I like the robo arm but I can't really see it lasting.

It reminds me of when Marceline got turned from a vampire to a mortal in Stakes, but ended up becoming a vampire again at the end of the miniseries anyway. I think it's likely that Finn's arm will work the same way; just a tool to be used during the miniseries to move the plot along or whatever then fixed by the end of it so the normal show can get back to goofing around.

Of course I will be quite pleased if they prove me wrong.
>>
>>88299686
Found the sufag
>>
>>88299543
The DVD is released in January, so I assume that's when.
>>
>>88300512
>No Marceline telling Finn about having a neglecting dad episode
WASTED. POTENTIAL. Just like their dynamic back in season 2.
>>
File: bestgirl.png (417KB, 650x921px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.png
417KB, 650x921px
so will finn finally get with best girl
>>
>>88296542
i cant wait for the pink lesbian and the vampire to do all sorth of lesbian shit together
also i want the little boy to fuck some older girls yeah
>>
>>88304276
it's reassuring knowing that no matter what happens in my life these posts with that same picture will always be in Adventure Time threads. just helps you realize that this to will pass and all that.
>>
>>88304276
never. even us fubblefags admit the future looks bleak.

Time to pack it up bro

>>88304307
fuck you m8
>>
File: 1402022165642.png (131KB, 1305x755px) Image search: [Google]
1402022165642.png
131KB, 1305x755px
>>88304356
I'm the same anon who's been posting the same post/picture all these years
>>
>>88304408
i know friend. you also like posting those gifs of big destiny staring at the nuke explosion and Finn and Jake driving out the window as a car from what i recall. we've all been here far too long.
>>
File: 1368914120131.jpg (38KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
1368914120131.jpg
38KB, 800x453px
>>88304384
>>88304384
>the future looks bleak.
>>
File: 1372129278490.gif (747KB, 477x367px) Image search: [Google]
1372129278490.gif
747KB, 477x367px
>>88304438
I love that fucking gif
>>
>>88304384
what happenned tumblr? cant handle the truth? cant handdle a little mirror showing your true face?
>>
>>88304516
>fubblefag/finncelinefags
>tumblr
>>
File: we'll go to very, distant lands.jpg (183KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
we'll go to very, distant lands.jpg
183KB, 900x700px
Real talk, show isn't as good as it once was but it's still great and I'll always enjoy it.

I wish Islands was happening at the end of the show though, it seems very awkward for it to just happen then have the show run for another two-ish seasons. This seems like a real final episode deal with Finn meeting and maybe even staying with his own kind.

I hope it will be good but as I'm actually satisfied with modern AT's quality I see no reason it won't be.
>>
File: donutwitch.png (120KB, 310x542px) Image search: [Google]
donutwitch.png
120KB, 310x542px
What is your favorite episode-only character?
>>
File: pbwaggle.gif (606KB, 1159x1404px) Image search: [Google]
pbwaggle.gif
606KB, 1159x1404px
I'm really looking forward to it!
>>
File: mia-lomberts-9t2btqfaybe.jpg (300KB, 1185x2000px) Image search: [Google]
mia-lomberts-9t2btqfaybe.jpg
300KB, 1185x2000px
>>88304872
That's a tough one. Maybe the Hotdog Knights? They technically showed up a few times but really only had one breakout role, and they were fucking hilarious.

Tart Toter is also very good.
>>
>>88296869
Wait, there was a finale?
>>
>>88304911
that's scandalous dabs

>>88304994
for season 7, aired a few weeks ago. Preboot and Reboot.
>>
File: hiddenSmile.jpg (40KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
hiddenSmile.jpg
40KB, 691x597px
>>88304911
Damn.
>>
>>88304276
that's not Susan though
>>
>>88297021
It was nice seeing people draw their own promo art for the finale.
>>
>>88305344
from the thumbnail i always thought the artist just drew her with giant ankles
>>
>>88299946
Did you not see the episode where the penguin turned into Cthulu?
>>
>>88297257
recap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVaziA2K-5o
>>
>>88304276
could be by the way Olivia tells it
https://twitter.com/oliveolson/status/806284013807636480
>>
>>88307565
Was hoping that's what that video would be. Fine meme.
>>
>>88304911
Nice!
>>
File: 1462802723568.jpg (43KB, 161x321px) Image search: [Google]
1462802723568.jpg
43KB, 161x321px
>>88307565
Thats pretty good.
>>
>>88298933
I'd like to believe that this is permanent since there are only two seasons left, but we'll see.
>>
>>88299311
It would be hard to promote the mini series without giving away that he has a robot arm. Besides, it may get the attention of some people that had stopped watching.
>>
Isn't it funny how people still hold a grudge against AT for the exact things Steven Universe is praised for?
>>
>>88310572
Lesbians?
>>
File: 9sxHPBx.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
9sxHPBx.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>88310610
>>
>>88296869
>>88296542
ROBOT ARM!
ROBOT AAAAAARRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM
>>
>>88300512
While I think it would've been interesting to see Marceline as a mortal for a while longer (just like I wish PB didn't get turned back into an adult right away), I don't think it would've been a good permanent change, at least not until the show was close to its end.
>>
>>88296542
no fuck i hate susan
>>
>>88304307
>little boy
Isn't Finn supposed to be like 16 now or something.
>>
>>88311162
Only thing that changed was his voice.
>>
The only good thing to come out of AT in years is that one fan game
>>
>>88311133
FINN WHY HATE SUSAN?!
>>
>>88311204
Also he said he was 16 at the end of season 6, which would make him 17 by now
>>
File: 1469582525862.png (136KB, 326x314px) Image search: [Google]
1469582525862.png
136KB, 326x314px
>>88298245
>nothing
>an entire miniseries is coming out
>Finn finally gets the prosthetic limb the internet's been crying over for the past 2 years
0/10
>>
>>88298793
Jeremy stated at a Q&A in the Florida Supercon regarding the future mini-series that it will "actually involve Finn" this time. Despite the fact that Finn was a major character the first. This probably means Finn is a major part of the plot.
>>
>>88298892
>implying this is the following scene after Jake got crushed
I guess that Finn just picks up a mechanical arm, and walks passed the grass being, gets on PB's boat with everyone and sets sail.
idiot
>>
File: latest.png (173KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
173KB, 576x432px
>>88298933
His arm never grew back in the first place.

>>88298994
>Gambler's fallacy
>referring to the High Strangeness storyboard panel.
You'd have to be very incompetent to not figure out that this is either a surreal episode, or some imagination scene. I mean, just look at it.

>>88299073
It's like you guys try to piss yourselves off, refusing to enjoy something, and perform mental gymnastics to figure the worst possible situation based on nothing but assumption lacking reasonable evidence and then proudly declare it as a reasonable possibility. Kill yourself.

>>88299182
>his arm grew back
His "arm" has always been the grass sword. That's been pretty clear, episodes such as The Comet and Crossover, your arm doesn't magically transform into grass and then shape back. Even in Flute Spell Finn mentions his "arm" plays the flute, ergo he doesn't control it entirely, proving it wasn't his
>might as well have been
Then it's a perfect prosthetic, you want 5 episodes of Finn struggling looking for a new arm? He didn't immediatety get the grass arm.

>>88299231
Read my above comment, you're refusing to pay attention. There is change, there are occurences when Finn talks to his arm telling it to calm down.

>>88299296
You guys are pissed because the prosthetic Finn received wasn't a mechanical one.
>>
>>88300214
>nothing but assumptions lacking reasonable evidence
Highschool?
>>
>>88300466
Irrelevant, what defines something on-time? Completely arbitrary based solely on preference.
>>
>>88300512
You guys dont even attempt at giving the benefit of the doubt, or utilize Ockham's Razor. How is Finn going to get his real arm back? He never did in the first place. He has a prosthetic now, and on top of that ADMIRES robotic appendages. So how would you ever come to the notion that he would want his real arm back, when he has something he has always wanted?
>>
>>88304872
>she just pops out of anywhere shouting THIEVES
>>
>>88307594
They're recording season 9 right now
>>
>>88311408
http://ask.fm/MrMuto/answers/141531406024
>>
>>88307594
I could see how you'd come to that conclusion; Finn is in a tough battle, Marceline is trying to sound worried. But then Olivia writes:
>#outofcharacter
This implies that Marceline caring and being worried over Finn is not how she normally acts. If the two were dating, the former traits should be present, no?
Sorry Finnceline-fags, say it with me.
TWO MORE SEASONS OF LESBIANS
>>
File: 1471416172521.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1471416172521.gif
1MB, 320x213px
You guys aren't falling for this yet again are you? Do you not remember stakes?
>>
>>88311940
We're not falling for it because we recognize a gambler's fallacy when it presents itself.
>>
File: latest-1.png (61KB, 271x557px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
61KB, 271x557px
>>88311821
forgot pick
>>
>>88311940
>Do you not remember stakes?
I do, it was good. What's your point?
>>
>>88296542
Can Finn finally age now? He's supposed to be 18 but he apparently stopped aging.
>>
>>88304872
>>88311982
In the Ooo guide, iti s stated witches are a category of their own.
>>
>>88311992
http://ask.fm/MrMuto/answers/141531406024
He's still 16. I imagine he'll be taller, but this is AT it isn't as if the animation will provide stuble and muscles. His appearance is due to the noodle-tube body, independent of his age.
>>
>>88312011
They're still both individual characters, with their own modelsheets.
>>
Is this a Berserk reference?
>>
>>88296542
This mini-series will be 88 minutes long, the same length as Stakes. I just hope it doesn't all leak within day 1 like it had last year.
>>
>>88312112
>I just hope it doesn't all leak within day 1 like it had last year.
It didn't... ? I remember having to wait for each episodes before being able to watch them.
>>
>>88304276
You mean
>>
>>88312133
But it did.
http://desuarchive.org/co/search/text/adventure%20time%20stakes/type/op/
>ctrl+f "leak"
>>
File: 1469683273907.jpg (5KB, 251x233px) Image search: [Google]
1469683273907.jpg
5KB, 251x233px
>Stakes aired 13 months ago
Time sure does fly by
>>
>>88312184
Actually, I thought it was a longer time ago, like 2 years. So, it being only 1 year ago is odd tome.
>>
>>88311940
No lesbians this time.
>>
>>88307594
Both voice actors already said that they find Finn and Marceline being in a relationship to be "gross".
>>
>>88304307
>i cant wait for the pink lesbian and the vampire to do all sort of lesbian shit together
Same here, Fubble tears are sustaining me
>>
File: tumblr_nzs01haTKc1t7z2vao1_1280.png (157KB, 594x674px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzs01haTKc1t7z2vao1_1280.png
157KB, 594x674px
>>88312152
Sorry, wrong girl
>>
>yfw SuperProBarneyATFag brought his Bubblinefag friends
>>
https://youtu.be/X5YfvMCrASw
What time is it?
>>
File: 1463241397370.png (2MB, 1200x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1463241397370.png
2MB, 1200x1403px
>>88313159
I can hardly contain myself for all the inevitable bubbline shipping fuel from season 8.
>>
>>88313119
Oh yeah, Canyon was a thing.
That was her name right?
>>
>>88313221
dead waifu of the month
>>
File: secondary finn waifus.png (952KB, 2423x2337px) Image search: [Google]
secondary finn waifus.png
952KB, 2423x2337px
>>88305344
>>88312152
>>88313119
>>
>>88298650
>Why would anyone mutilate the protagonist of a kid's show?
HTTYD made mutilation cool.
>>
>>88310572
Bubbline is shit. Steven Universe has all the lesbian stuff written in to begin with. People hate it because of the awful pacing/writing because of CN and tumblr.
>>
>>88313119

Yes, best girl indeed.
>>
>>88313260
Actually, the pacing and plotting is exactly what I was talking about. The fandom on /co/ was up in arms because AT didn't deliver on their (admittedly presumptuous and overzealous) expectations. SU does the same thing but the majority of the fandom here still eats it up.
>>
File: 1477146884339.jpg (77KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1477146884339.jpg
77KB, 640x628px
>>88313246
DELET THIS
>>
>>88313361
This, mostly the lore-fags. I remember when everyone was praising SU, and after so much filler episodes the hype has died down.
>>
>>88313398
I was an AT lore fag.

ironically quit the show after watching one of the pre-mushroom episodes, Betty.
>>
>>88313361
What overzealous expectations did people spout out back then?
>>
>>88313422
The episode Betty took place after the Mushroom War. Unless you're calling me Betty. You quit watch about 2-3 years ago but still come in adventure time threads to bitch?
>>
>>88313457
Whining because the story didn't fold out the way they would've wanted it
>>
>>88296542
So did Finn finally get the robotic arm?
>>
>>88313492
Not like their expectations weren't better than the final product.

>>88313605
Yes. People are speculating how long before they give him another real arm again.
>>
>>88313630
>better
Subjective and subject to bias at that, ergo ass-blasted their theories didn't go as planned.
>>
>>88313630
Retards aren't people, anon.
>>
>>88313472
Nah, I came to this thread because the OP image attracted my attention.

Also when I meant pre mushroom eps I meant once that touch upon the pre-mushroom lore, basically the first christmas special and then Betty.
>>
>>88313741
I think you're the one ass blasted people aren't worshiping the show ITT just as much as they are

>>88313755
>With all the plot twists and subversion for the sake of subversion anon still hasn't realized why many people are skeptical and dropped the show
>>
>>88313794
Makes sense. Holly Jolly Secrets and Betty are seasons apart though. Why you quit because of either of those episodes is beyond me.
>>
>>88313799
>im ass-blasted
I don't see anything touching upon the point I've made about subjectivity. I don't mind criticism, but if I can show why your criticism doesn't make sense you should probably omit sharing it.

>subverting plots
List examples, you're telling instead of showing. Now plot twists are bad? Who cares? Subversion for the sake of? That would imply you have figured out the writers intentions, so, tell me, how is it working on the AT Team?
>>
>>88313630
>Not like their expectations weren't better than the final product.
They really weren't.
>>
>>88313833
Oh no, I meant that Holly gave me my Lorefaggotry.

Betty, despite being part of Simon's lore, made me quit because of some reason I forgot, I think it was because the pacing and that Betty surviving cheapened Simon's suffering.
>>
>>88313869
> I don't mind criticism
Yes you do.

>but if I can show why your criticism doesn't make sense you should probably omit sharing it.
You've done nothing of the sort. All you do is attempt to go on the offensive which really, really changes nobody's opinion in then grand scheme of things, then shout out "SUBJECTIVE!!11" when it doesn't fit your mold.

>how is it working on the AT Team
Absolutely horribly. Everyone knows what really killed AT in the long run. No bonded narrative (or a loosely bonded one) being loosely held together by teams of 2 writers not corroborating each others part of the story.

>>88313893
Nobody's listing said "bad expectations"
>>
>>88314012
>pacing what was wrong with it?

>Betty survived
She will always have survived, Simon never seeing Betty again is due to her leaving him for a future Simon. Time loop. Simon's suffering was more on knowing he needed to protect Marcy, ut doing so would result in him losing his sanity.
>>
>>88314186
>Nobody's listing said "bad expectations"
Not the anon you are talking to, but while my expectation weren't bad, things turned out better than I expected.
>>
It goes like this:

>"I don't like how the Arm/Breakup/Betty arcs were carried out"

>"SUBJECTIIIIIVE! Also, those were 2 years ago quit whining and conform to my standards. That's your opinion, so shut up about your opinion mines is obviously better.:
>>
>>88314341
Well that's just among other things. The status quo thing kinda bummed me out but I suppose it's a CN ten minute cartoon for kids above all else.
>>
>>88311991
Stakes was fucking AWFUL
>>
>>88314383
I think absolutely everyone agree, with no exception, that Fire and Ice and Red Throne are awful episodes, though.

Personally, those are also the only two episode I actually don't like from AT (have liked everything else so far). but there is an unanimity for those two.
>>
>>88314186
>Yes you do.
Even I criticize, but if I can show why your criticism doesn't make any sense you should probably stop repeating it. But I do, criticisms such as "Finn is useless" or "Finn is a cuck" I constany deal with. "Our lesbians just popped out of nowhere." These are critisms I constantly explain why you have no reason to be upset.

>doesn't fit you mold
define. I say subjective as a response to someone claiming something is terrible, distasteful, or is undeserving of praise, due to something based solely on taste. Someone saying AT is a bad show, and explaing why because "they couldn't get into it" is an insufficient criticism, because its limited to taste only.

>hasty generalization
>>
>>88314436
wtf?

Stakes was great.
>>
>>88314383
>better opinions
Not an oxymoron, but paradox

Also, see here >>88314467
>>
>>88314436
What was so awful about it?
>>
>>88314466
>I think absolutely everyone agree, with no exception, that Fire and Ice and Red Throne are awful episodes, though.
There is some mutual grounding then. Though I don't think of him as a cuckold, I still think the whole "breakup and chasing after PB then losing his arm and regrowing it" was very much unnecessary and made him very much despised for a period of time devaluing his character.

I think, when it comes to Finn, they dropped the ball somewhat. When it comes to him chasing after PB that shit shoulda stopped after WWM, yo this is coming from someone who ships it.
>>
>>88314186
Completely read over the third point. It was a rhetorical question, don't play dumb, the point being that that is the only way to rightfully claim their intentions. You don't know otherwise why they wrote stories the way they did. Pendleton Ward shared how episode stories are made. All the writers come together and discuss ideas for episodes, allegedly there is a list of all the things they are keeping track of. I need to find a source for the latter statement. Storyboaders don't make the ideas of the episodes, which would be the problem if there were continuity errors, storyboarders determine the camera angles and the specifics of a conversation.
>>
>>88314957
>Though I don't think of him as a cuckold
He is not. People throw this word without knowing what it means.
>>
>>88314957
>then losing his arm and regrowing it" was very much unnecessary
Those part were actually necessary and lead to some actual development.
>>
>>88315035
The distaste for Finn's grass arm comes along with the fact that it isn't blatant that it's a prosthetic composed of grass everytime it's seen. This is the only reason.
>muh robo arm wah
Glad he finally has it so this subject can finally be moved on from.
>>
File: 1468681727788.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468681727788.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>88298794
>AT has always been good
>Only a few bad episodes in season 5
>>
I could see the robot arm staying this time, since it's subtle enough that it doesn't really affect his character design much. Most other incarnations of it have been bulky enough to call attention to themselves, but this one is roughly the same size as his normal arm.
>>
>>88315035
I disagree wholeheartedly. Just like someone can have bad experience at a job there can be bad "positive" development. The entire Martin/Orgalorg arc was a waste and I think I think the Islands Miniseries will do more for Finn than all his development from 4-7 combined

>>88315106
I'm glad he has a robo arm so we dont have to deal with the shitty grass human looking arm that did absolutely nothing outside a few episodes
>>
>>88315114
Problem? Are you arguing episodic episodes with quality being independent and uninfluenced by other episodes somehow ruin the season as a whole? Generally season 5 wasn't bad, but it does contain episodes detested
>>
>>88315189
>grass arm did not do enough
As opposed to an artificial prosthetic? What would that have accomplished other than its intended purpose?
>>
>>88315114
Yes.

Honestly, People got so much butthurt, there were unable to enjoy tons of great episodes. In season 6 alone:
Wake Up
Escape from the Citadel
James II
The Tower
Something Big
Nemesis
Joshua and Margaret Investigations
Everything's Jake
Jake The Brick
The Cooler
The Pajama War
Evergreen
Astral Plane
Gold Stars
The Visitor
The Mountain
Friends Forever
Jermaine
Graybles 1000+
Hoots
You Forgot Your Floaties
Hot Diggity Doom
The Comet
>>
>>88315189
>. The entire Martin/Orgalorg arc was a waste and I think I think the Islands Miniseries will do more for Finn than all his development from 4-7 combined
His relationship exploration with martin was fundamental in his maturity and development.
>>
>>88315288
I forgot "Is that You", who was my personal favourite of season 6.
>>
>>88315288
I disagree with Astral Plane, because this is the episode along with only two others that instigated the notion the entire series is philosophical bullshit. I too dislike the philosophical execution in that episode. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
>>88315288
>Something Big
>The Comet
>Friends Forever
>You Forgot Your Floaties
Ehhhh meh.

>>88315319
Fundamental, of course given the plot, but was it good. No. Not IMO.
>>
>>88315288
>Friends Forever
One of my favorites from season 6. Hilarious episode, and watching his furniture explain to him why he is alone struck me. It showed how Simon lost his ability to reason.
>>
>>88315497
>not good
You were one of those anons that thought the first 8 episodes would be about Finn and his father , no? Despite episode synopsis being leaked disproving this? I don't understand why so many disapprove of the lack of father-son moments. Finn did not like his father, and only sought after explanations. Remember in "Billy's Bucket List" when Billy told Finn his father is alive, and Finn says Joshua? How does that not break your heart? He sees his adoptive father as his real one. Finn shouldn't have a reason to want to spend time with his dad; he left him to die.
>>
>>88315497
>Fundamental, of course given the plot, but was it good.
It was good, for me. and led to good stories.
>>
>>88315619
>I don't understand why so many disapprove of the lack of father-son moments.
I'm not saying that, I just find Martin entirely dull and not a strong character whatsoever. The Tower was a great episode though.
>>
>>88315714
>Martin was dull
He was an asshole, I wouldn't say a character without any influence. So what?
He was charming in some cases, when the situation allowed. His ability to persuade others seen in "Escape From the Citadel" and "On The Lam" was interesting.
>>
>>88315821
Sorry, I just see him as King of Ooo lite.

nto the trash he goes.
>>
>>88315821
>>88315865
I have this headcanon that the reason Martin was in Jail was because he managed to con a wish Master out of two wishes.
>>
>>88315865
but King of Ooo was an idiot

Martin knew when to quit
>>
>>88315497
Dude Floaties was great, I hated Betty but that episode actually put her in an interesting direction.

It was trippy as hell and full of Jesse's deep shit but this time it actually worked very well and made a great ep.
>>
>>88315288
I didn't think season 6 was bad (it's on the lower end of best seasons for me though) but some episodes you listed are sort of bad.

James 2 was out of place and not funny at all, Something Big was a flaccid disappointing mess, The Cooler made FP seem like a complete idiot (but it was good beside that) and Friends Forever and Hoots were okay at best.

Of course you are right that most of these other episodes are either good or amazing. Escape from the Citadel was an unequivocal 10/10, episodes like The Tower, Evergreen, The Mountain, and Jermaine were awesome, and Graybles 1000+ and The Mountain were both phenomenal episodes that I consider underrated. You didn't even list Is That You, which is also awesome and I'm pretty sure included on IMdB's top 10 AT episodes (not that that counts for much but still).

Season had lots of good in it like every AT season has, but it also had some bad to it as well, and I don't think the longer arcs meshed together very well. The comet shit that came out of nowhere in the middle of the season and then was anticlimactically dealt with at the end of the season was lame as shit.

So it's not bad but it's probably one of the less good seasons the show has had. Glad 7 was a considerable step up.
>>
>>88311940
>>88314436
Stakes was gr8 desu~
>>
>>88316418
It was alright enough imo desu senpai
>>
File: gooby.png (84KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
gooby.png
84KB, 299x288px
>>88296542
>Robot arm
>Susan Strong
>Seeing lands outside of Ooo possibly

I want to be excited about this, but I've been burned so many times before.

also... will it take them them seven years to get off the boat?
>>
>>88316481
Heh
there was just a Berserk thread last night too. I should find a way to start reading it.
>>
>>88298650
his arm has been gone since his dad showed up. They just gave him a replacement arm for a few seasons while they wrote up a story for his mechanical arm.
>>
>>88298933
probably never. They might paint his arm skin-colored.
>>
File: Titlecard_S3E17_thankyou.jpg (486KB, 1024x572px) Image search: [Google]
Titlecard_S3E17_thankyou.jpg
486KB, 1024x572px
what's the most kino Adventure Time episode and why is it Thank You?
>>
>>88316692
Jake the Brick is pure kino.
Thank you is great to though desu senpai
>>
>>88316372
>James 2 was out of place and not funny at all
It was hilarious as fuck. It's an episode that embrae the sillyness of the banana guard and I love it for that.
>>
>>88316692
>>88317075
Is kino codeword for trying too hard? then the real answer is Astral plane.
>>
>>88317568
Astral Plane certainly fits that one but kino is more like top level cinema by my understanding.

I guess something like I Remember You would fit better because of the issues it shows and how it presents them. I can't really think of basically any AT episode that has strong cinematography and imagery or anything else of that sort. Lemonhope is probably the closest one but even then that was pretty up its own ass too.
>>
>>88317515
The banana guards are such lazy comedy. Generic useless idiot henchmen that don't bring anything new to the table. The only thing I remember them doing in James 2 that was actually funny was the one of them bringing in pies while everyone's falling down just because that was going the full mile with the gag but that's it.
>>
>>88304276
It's a shame a lot of the drawfags lost interest in AT over time.
>>
Taking Ep 38/39 as the start of this new special, it's already the best it's been in... years? ever? There were actually funny jokes. I actually LOL'd. Even the 'LOLSORANDUM' stuff that there was was kept to interjections.

Finn, as 'the last human', fighting trans/post-humanism, is a great concept for a special event.
>>
>>88313246
finish it!
>>
>>88311940
I do, that is why I em looking forward to it
>>
>>88318899
Alas, I'm merely the chartmaker, not the drawfag.
>>
>>88315189
>The entire Martin/Orgalorg arc was a waste
Martin was absolutely a waste because of how softly they handled it.

Orgalog should have been much more than it was, they probably should have saved it for the series finale, with Finn making a surprisingly-in-character decision to reunite with the comet ("... sure! that sounds pretty neat!"). They could have wrapped up a whole ton of plot threads around that event, ice king redemption/cure for starters.
>>
>>88311567
2 years 2 late might I add.
Also they didn't give an air date or anything so this announcement is still nothing.
Checmate atheist.
>>
>>88319175
We know it's sometime in January which is just around the corner, so it's not like how they announced the movie eons ago but nothing's really been confirmed yet. This is coming right soon.
>>
>>88304706
>Real talk, show isn't as good as it once was but it's still great and I'll always enjoy it.

I feel the same way.
>>
hope they kill off cinnamon bun hate what they did to his character
>>
>>88304872
There have been so many, but out of the ones I remember, I think Sir Slicer's my favourite.
>>
File: 51396318_p0_master1200.jpg (297KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
51396318_p0_master1200.jpg
297KB, 423x600px
Sad that at this point Finn's whole "last human" aspect has completely diminished, but I'm glad they're finally doing something with it now and not just having there be like 5 or so other legit humans in the show that just aren't acknowledged.
>>
>>88298794
The significance of the arm might go beyond finn, he imagined having a replacement arm since long before he lost his and it was revealed that his past life lost an arm similarly.
>>
>>88296542
Can this show just END, it used to be enjoyable some time ago but now it just ain't worth it to keep around. It's really worn out it's welcome.
>>
File: Pandemonium.jpg (181KB, 1600x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Pandemonium.jpg
181KB, 1600x1106px
Daily reminder that Cuber collects graybles in order to study BMO's rise to galactic dominance.
>>
>>88321630
>, it used to be enjoyable some time ago but now it just ain't worth it to keep around.
That's the wrongest thing ever. Last two seasons brought tons of good episodes.
>>
>>88311133
Why's that?
>>
File: image.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
307KB, 815x608px
>Y-y-you see! Finn's arm was totally leading up to something! The writers are complete geniuses, and totally not talentless hacks who just do whatever the fuck they want by just playing the "otherworldly magic" whenever they need to add or remove something from the story.
>>
>>88322901
>>Y-y-you see! Finn's arm was totally leading up to something!
It did. It was clear form the moment we saw that thorn. You'd have to have been a moron to think that it was over with that.
>he writers are complete geniuses, and totally not talentless hacks who just do whatever the fuck they want by just playing the "otherworldly magic" whenever they need to add or remove something from the story.
They are not genius, but they aren't hack either. And yes, the universe of AT allow for a lot of freedom, it would be a waste to not use it.

In the end, they provided many great episodes, sot there'll be no complain from me.
>>
>>88311940
Stakes had its flaws, but I enjoyed most of it.
>>
File: at_library.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
at_library.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Finn's Mom's name is Minerva Campbell
>>
File: 1457543183092s.jpg (3KB, 124x122px) Image search: [Google]
1457543183092s.jpg
3KB, 124x122px
>>88323157
>It did. It was clear form the moment we saw that thorn. You'd have to have been a moron to think that it was over with that.
Yes, it lead to a plot device after 5 seasons that wasn't even visible expect when the writters wanted, and rendered a clever way to portrait Finn's daddy issues pointless by making it look exactly the same as his old arm did. They obviously didn't have thought it through.

>They are not genius, but they aren't hack either. And yes, the universe of AT allow for a lot of freedom, it would be a waste to not use it.
>What is Fixed his Crown, Betty, Breezy. every single poor-pacing-plot-dropping choice in the series, irrelevant characters introduced just because, etc

>In the end, they provided many great episodes, sot there'll be no complain from me.
The Simpsons did that too. Would you say the new seasons are clear of all charges because of the early episodes that were made 20 years ago?
>>
>>88317075
Jake the Brick is kino as fuck and I love it for that.
>>
Does anyone have the mega link with all the AT comics archived? I've always wanted to read them. I know there was one floating around awhile ago, but I lost the address.
>>
File: pokemon_jessie_xy.png (377KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_jessie_xy.png
377KB, 500x665px
>When you feel like Adventure Time really returned to form in season 7 and have really been enjoying it again but the majority of /co/ continues to shit on it.
>>
I watched the first season of AT and then kind of dropped it halfway through season 2. Should I just pick up where I left off, or what?

When does it get really plot-y and lore-intensive?
>>
>Finn has a robot arm now

What the hell has happened since the last time I watched, which was the pillow universe waifu episode
>>
>>88324683
Did you like what you were watching? If so then keep going and I think you'll gradually start to enjoy it more.

The thing with the lore and plot and stuff is that it appears little by little, so just going after that stuff is annoying, plus it requires context of the other more regular episodes to fully appreciate it.

Personally I think the early seasons are fun enough just on the backbone of the wacky adventures, but even then you were getting near the season 2 finale which is where things start to ramp up.
>>
File: 1481348750461.jpg (276KB, 1163x494px) Image search: [Google]
1481348750461.jpg
276KB, 1163x494px
>>88324754
>Did you like what you were watching? If so then keep going and I think you'll gradually start to enjoy it more.
This doesn't really apply to him since he just saw only season 1 and half of 2. Season 1 might as well be an entirely different show when compared to the rest of the bloody series.
>>
File: 2398761711.jpg (444KB, 805x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2398761711.jpg
444KB, 805x1920px
>>88324579
That's something you just gotsta come to terms with man. I can see why people are so bitter but even with the flaws its made show's still great and I like it lots. People have a right to be annoyed at it but it's always silly when you see someone bitching about it and it's clear they haven't watched the show in years.

Season 7 was swell, I'd say it's probably equal to season 4 imo. Flute Spell was rad and helped this pretty fanart get made too which is a nice bonus.
>>
>>88324810
He said he was in 2 though, which is a lot more in line with the rest of the show since it's much more toned down and less fantastically wacky than S1.

Not to say 1 was bad, had a charm all on its own. Sometimes I still miss the lovely atmosphere of "Two bros against the crazy magic world" the early episodes had.
>>
>>88296542
Nope, too late.
>>
>>88324707
You're like 3 years out of date man.

Lots has happened but if you want a quick crash course for what's going on right now, legitimate spoilers Finn met his human dude who was a scoundrel and his arm got ripped off. Oh and before that he got a grass sword which attached to his arm for all eternity and was part of the reason he lost it. Soon after that he got his arm "back" but in reality it was still plant matter in the shape of a human limb. At this point some stuff happened with Susan Strong (remember her?) and now an island colony of humans supposedly exists, and the gang is going to find them. Finn lost his arm again and it turned into some weird looking fat green man who will apparently be dealt with in the next episodes, and after losing the grass arm it looks like Finn finally fulfills his destiny and gets that robo part.
>>
>>88296869
Finally hagaren time!!!!
>>
>>88324967
Better late than never. We still have two more seasons left anyway.
>>
>>88314466
For me, Fire and Ice was where the show started to drop in quality. I still enjoy it, but most of the episodes I didn't like came after that.
>>
>>88296542
Who's the buff not-finn human? Is that finn's mom?
>>
>>88326358
Are you being retarded on purpose, or have you not watched the show at all?
>>
>>88326358
Nah Susan Strong man, she's been in the show since season 2.
>>
File: Hi Daryl.jpg (144KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
Hi Daryl.jpg
144KB, 500x517px
>>88324683
I'd say so yeah, it's very fun. Even the episodes that don't progress plots and stuff are enjoyable.
The lore comes in more around end of S2 and S3 so it's not far away, but if you're only looking for deepest lore or plot development that occurs pretty sparingly in the show.
>>
File: yes!.jpg (18KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
yes!.jpg
18KB, 300x265px
>>88324815
That drawing sure is neat.
>>
>>88315288
I liked most of those, but found a few of them underwhelming.
>>
File: schway.png (270KB, 416x636px) Image search: [Google]
schway.png
270KB, 416x636px
>>88324815
Flute Spell is honestly one of the best episodes of the entire show. I didn't think they could have Huntress Wizard live up to the expectations of the people who pushed for her to play a part in the show but they went above and beyond.

Before it I was just someone who thought her design was cool, now I really want another episode with her in it.
>>
File: tumblr_oecqii61Un1ujszppo1_1280.png (680KB, 1280x1557px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oecqii61Un1ujszppo1_1280.png
680KB, 1280x1557px
>>88329777
I'd love for her to come back but I'm thinking that since the most likely way they would develop her is actually working on her and Finn's relationship (that was what her first ep was all about after all) and I don't think the staff knows how to proceed with that. They didn't handle Flame Princess the best so I'm not sure they can do HW any better.

Love to see her more but I get the feeling the show's afraid to commit on the character. Hope she shows up at least one more time though, she's cool and her relationship with Finn was pretty cool.
>>
>>88330163
The answer to their relationship is simple and totally within her character.

Rough primal fuck buddies.
>>
>>88330236
HW is a weirdo and thinks that boy semen will make her a cripple or something like that, she would have to go through some kinda journey to become down with the funky stuff.
Maybe losing her wizard-ness because that's where all the madness/sadness stuff comes from but that shit's really important to her.
>>
File: sadface.png (195KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sadface.png
195KB, 500x375px
>257 posts in
>No one brings up a Beserk reference
>>
>>88330447
check it Tito >>88316481
>>
>>88330447
Good going turbofag
>>
>>88330447
>>
>>88330316
For real though I don't think their relationship is an issue. If an episode brings them together to fight a common enemy or to complete a shared objective it doesn't need to get romantic.

They did a good job at the end of the Flute Spell showing that Finn has matured to a point where he can how shallow childish crushes can be. And Huntress Wizard even said she doesn't want to eat any hard meant. They should be cool together.
>>
>>88330643
Yeah that would be nice. Just having them build more on a friendship or something via interacting would be nice, let them get to know each other better without immediately having to bang right afterward. She would be one of the best possible adventuring partners for Finn.
>>
File: not my fault.png (127KB, 414x304px) Image search: [Google]
not my fault.png
127KB, 414x304px
>>88330536
I'm only a mortal being like you and anyone else, anon, I make mistakes
>>
>>88330750
Finn building more close friendships with all the prominent AT girls would be nice.
>>
>>88330750
Plus having a wizard friend who isn't Ice King might bring us to Wizard City more often. And those are always good episodes.
>>
>>88330772
i forgive you friendo
>>
Susan sucks big time. I miss Finn and Jake
>>
Old King Finn is best Finn
>>
>>88332159
I don't actually like Susan all that much either. She was pretty awesome as a plot point being possibly human and possibly related to Finn, but now that she's here as more of a person she's sort of just whatever.

She and Finn didn't even have all that many cute moments in Preboot/Reboot and that was the best thing about the gal.
>>
File: 1450242963079.png (790KB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1450242963079.png
790KB, 1000x3000px
>>88304276
In another timeline maybe. This future is a lost cause.
But I can still dream. ;-;
>>
Human invasion of Ooo when?

Second Great Mushroom War when?

Human science and rationality must bring order to that mad, sick land of diverse elemental and thematic peoples and strange magic.
>>
File: sweaty.png (29KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty.png
29KB, 768x768px
>>88332767
Honestly some kind of international tribunal should be called to investigate the experiments that Bubblegum carries out on her citizens.
>>
File: tumblr_o046slIvqo1s0y3bto2_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1593px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o046slIvqo1s0y3bto2_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1593px
>>88332281
>giving up hope
You dare call yourself a shipper? You're supposed to stubbornly hold on to the bitter end kicking and screaming the whole way long past the point of reason, that's what any shipper worth their salt does/
>>
File: cheeseblade finn and pb.png (654KB, 1245x1920px) Image search: [Google]
cheeseblade finn and pb.png
654KB, 1245x1920px
>>88334141
Finncelinefag knows whats up. Ship until you yourself have been destroyed in the shelling and hellfire
>>
File: tumblr_np12nvsXcb1sk9bnro1_1280.png (345KB, 973x1220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np12nvsXcb1sk9bnro1_1280.png
345KB, 973x1220px
>>88334269
You know it homie. Go hard or go home.
>>
>>88334457
>>
>>88315519
I remember how worked up some people got over that one scene with the lamp.
>>
>>88326358
Have you not watched the recent episode or just havent watched it since season 2
>>
>>88336790
Last episode I watched was the one where finn pretend-fucked LSP because the writer was projecting their life story about rebounds onto finn
also there was a bee or some shit
>>
File: 1479516467881.png (303KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1479516467881.png
303KB, 500x513px
Hey so I only just watched ep 38/39 just now

It reminded me I got into a pretty long argument like way back about whether finns post-grass arm was his own, -regenerated- arm with the grass thing being inside it somehow or a separate entity completely, merely latched onto his stump

So yea anyway I was wrong, you're probably not in this thread but I figured I should own up to this regardless.
>>
>>88317663
It may be lazy, but it still makes me laugh at times.
>>
>>88324533
https://mega.nz/#F!g8RA3a4J!ONkaQn9da6X3k4VwzSKoWQ
>>
>>88332159
You make it sound like all the focus is going to be on her.
>>
So has what we're in the thread for even been posted yet?
>>
>>88340375
If you're referring to the special intro, it's supposed to come sometime next week.
>>
>>88324390
>Yes, it lead to a plot device after 5 seasons that wasn't even visible expect when the writters wanted,
So you admit it as visible
>expect when the writters wanted,
Whic his exactly how every written story ever work.
>and rendered a clever way to portrait Finn's daddy issues pointless by making it look exactly the same as his old arm did.
That's superficial look. And just wasn't needed to showcase Finn's issue with his dad.
>They obviously didn't have thought it through.
It's obvious they thought it through and decided to not be blatant about it. and reley on the sotry telling rather than going with blatnat visual effect. subtlety is good, sometimes.
>The Simpsons did that too. Would you say the new seasons are clear of all charges because of the early episodes that were made 20 years ago?
I fail to see the logic you are using, For a starter, AT is still doing great episodes nowadays, who actually stem from how they handed Finn's arm.
>>
>>88336901
Ah, Breezy. I think that episode helped kill a lot of people's interest in the show. Hard to believe it's been two and a half years since it aired.
>>
>>88341279
Breezy was awful, what the fuck were the writers and whoever approved that script thinking? Also didn't help that it aired between Sad Face and Food Chain.
>>
I've only seen the first two seasons, and thought it was O.K.
Is the show worth watching more of?
>>
>>88341345
Breezy was good. It's the episode that step into Finn becoming more mature and dealing with his issues better. Also, he score tons of princess in it.
>>
>>88341416
Yes.
>>
>>88341416
I say give it a chance. It changes a bit from season three onward, but you might still enjoy it.
>>
>>88341345
Food Chain was excellent though.
>>
>>88341499
Yeah, but Breezy is stuck between two episodes that are usually considered as great, doesn't really it's case.
>>88341471
I like the idea of Finn maturing and moving on, but I didn't like the whole "go kiss princesses" and the thing with LSP was really weird. Ok, it's a joke and all, but damn. Poor Finn can't catch a break.
>>
>>88341571
Sad Face is considered great? I thought people hated that episode.
>>
>>88341584
Maybe it's just me then.
>>
>>88341584
>>88341604
While I don't hate Sad Face, I can't really say I liked it either. I did enjoy Food Chain, though.

>>88341571
Didn't Jesse say that Finn's behaviour in Breezy was inspired by an unpleasant experience of his own? Or was that something someone here made up?
>>
File: I saw Finn naked huntress1.png (188KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
I saw Finn naked huntress1.png
188KB, 1000x1000px
>>88330163
>>88324815
>>88312152

This was to be.

But now Finn lost his cursed-grassy aspect. I think it was important in context.

Still I wouldn't mind this as endgame. Credits roll, huntress wizard sits there listening to Finn playing a flute. Night comes.
>>
File: tumblr_o6svov0ZG41ugkzlio2_1280.jpg (129KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6svov0ZG41ugkzlio2_1280.jpg
129KB, 1280x768px
>>88339562
Holy shit, fucking nice.
>>
>>88341697
>Didn't Jesse say that Finn's behaviour in Breezy was inspired by an unpleasant experience of his own?
Yes. I don't consider it wrong, though. Using your personal experience for your writing is a good thing.
>>
>>88342027
True. To be honest, Breezy didn't bother me all that much, but I can see why others disliked it. For me, it was just another forgettable episode.
>>
>>88341584
The talkback thread mostly ignored it, we didn't hate it, we were just shocked that such a meaningless episode could air, it had nothing that fans enjoy about AT. But, for some reason fans still defended it, probably ironically.
>>
File: 1481418100788.jpg (17KB, 483x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481418100788.jpg
17KB, 483x480px
>>88341499
>Food Chain
>excellent
>literally lol so random XD: the episode
>>
>>88341416
The only thing that's going to make you want to stop watching is the sheer fact that you have about 150-200 episodes to go through. I rewatched the entire series, and don't watch an episode if you're tired, it takes away from the episode. Later seasons aren't nearly as unwatchable as so much of /co/ makes it seem to be. Give it a shot.
>>
File: 1446398576921.png (105KB, 446x409px) Image search: [Google]
1446398576921.png
105KB, 446x409px
>>88343234
>lol so random XD: the episode
It's literally focused on one subject.
>>
>>88341345
>>88341471
Breezy is hated because of Finn getting an arm that wasn't bionic. Personally, I don't like Breezy so much because of how it tries to get a philosophical message across, but it doesn't registar well. They do accomplish this in "Friends Forever" though, and it's one of my favorite of season 6.
>>
There needs to be a dragon ball super cross over
>>
File: 1469683809875.gif (176KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1469683809875.gif
176KB, 267x199px
>>88343284
That's not what "lol so random xD" means. It's random in execution, don't play retard. It's the same way with King Worm.
>>
>>88343355
Except yes, it's exacxtly what it means.

You are throwing the term around like it is meaningless.
>>
>>88343355
>It's the same way with King Worm.
King Worm was awesome. and it was not lol random but played around the chaotic nature of dreams.
>>
>>88343355
>That's not what "lol so random xD" means
Except yeah, that's what it means. When a show has stuff happen in a non sequitur pace just to have things happened [random]ly, and there isn't a reason behind it beyond "we're trying to easily entertain kids", that's when something's "lol so random".
>It's random in execution
Except no, because it's focused on one thing and stays on that course.
Episode is food chain, it goes through the food chain. Sure,it gets silly with it, but If you think it's "lol so random" then you must've hated show when the series started, because it was no more silly or "random" than the usual AT.
>>
>>88343392
What was the one specific subject that Food Chain had? "LOL so random" means no order, no structure, no coherent plot. Food Chain doesn't have this. They even break out into a fucking musical dancing around on a stage that was never introduced. Finn just magically transitions from being kill to a new organism, and immediately into singing about the Food Chain. The first scene was at a day care talking about the Food Chain, and all of that is dismissed as they go through the Food Chain. For all intents and purposes, how can Food Chain not be considered "lol so random XD?"
>>
>>88343404
Surrealism to be specific. I'm not calling King Worm lol so random, I'm talking about the chaotic nature. King Word has an explanation for why things were the way they were, Food Chain doesn't.

>>88343424
see here >>88343454
What you're describing is Food Chain.
>>
>>88343454
>What was the one specific subject that Food Chain had? "LOL so random" means no order, no structure, no coherent plot
And food chain had all of it.
>Food Chain doesn't have this.
You are a moron if you couldn't see it.
>For all intents and purposes, how can Food Chain not be considered "lol so random XD?"
Because there is a reason given for the sudden jumps (magic man) and it all follow the thematic and guideline of the food chain.
>>
File: 1481418640434.jpg (268KB, 596x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1481418640434.jpg
268KB, 596x1055px
>>88343518
>Food Chain had all of it
How so?

>I'm a moron because you can't explain to me what it is.

All Magic Man explains is turning Finn into birds, everything else that happens afterwards is ambiguous. The hallucinations and surreal nature of King Worm is due to Finn being hypnotized by the worm, and he has to break out of the curse inside to get free.
>>
>>88343454
>What was the one specific subject that Food Chain had
The Food Chain
>"LOL so random" means no order, no structure, no coherent plot. Food Chain doesn't have this.
The Food Chain is literally about order and structure.
>They even break out into a fucking musical dancing around on a stage that was never introduced.
Sure that can be "random", but it's still centered around the food chain, and it's Adventure Time. Sometimes people break out into songs, and sometimes strange shit just happens.
>Finn just magically transitions from being kill to a new organism, and immediately into singing about the Food Chain.
As mentioned, it gets silly, but there's literally a character named "Magic Man" that explains everything.
>For all intents and purposes, how can Food Chain not be considered "lol so random XD?"
Because it starts with teaching about the Food Chain, proceeds in teaching/experiencing the Food Chain, and ends in teaching/singing about the Food Chain.
>>
>>88343555
>All Magic Man explains is turning Finn into birds, everything else that happens afterwards is ambiguous
Ambiguous isn't random. And they are clearly being projected in the life of the next kind of animal being eaten.
>>
>>88343555
By everything else I mean the sudden transition of setting, into birds then a musical of Finn and Jake chirping Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen in a scene transition that is delibrately arnarchic.
>>
>>88343599
>that is delibrately arnarchic.
No, it's deliberately meant to project finn in the next step of the food chain.
>>
>>88343577
You've clearly presented your position and blown the other guy out anon. But he's just going to deny deny deny to try and get you to continually repeat your points so it looks like there's still an argument going on when there isn't so he doesn't need to except he was wrong. Classic circular argument stuff. Don't rise to it.
>>
>>88343626
*accept
>>
>>88341416
You should watch it, The show peaks around season 5 imo. Season 6 is alright, not as bad as /co/ would lead you to believe.
>>
File: 1481418925090.png (157KB, 372x288px) Image search: [Google]
1481418925090.png
157KB, 372x288px
>>88343577
>ambiguity fallacy
>composition division fallacy
>hasty generalization
The food chain is about the transition of energy to the next trophic level, but "Food Chain" is filled with randomness.

>we break into songs randomly
False equivalency fallacy; the entire scene doesn't transition into a setting that has never been discussed or introduced.

See here >>88343555

You're telling me about the synopsis, as if it excuses everything, Magic Mab transforms Finn and Jake into birds and they just fly off singing. https://youtu.be/J9AHuM300fY
How the scenes transition is also a factor that you continue to ignore. It seems as if you haven't seen the episodm
>>
>>88343615
Any done so in an anarchic manner.

>>88343626
Meanwhile I just tore apart his argument >>88343692
>I'm going to say you're right without explaining why

>>88343594
And the setting is forgotten. Don't act like scene transitions aren't a factor.
>>
>>88343738
>Any done so in an anarchic manner.
Not really. It follow a sturcture.
>And the setting is forgotten.
It is not. Magic man give vision to finn at the museum and we are back at the museum at the end. As for the hallucination itself, it remain in the setting of nature.

>How the scenes transition is also a factor that you continue to ignore. It seems as if you haven't seen the episodm
The scene transition outright give an explanation of what is going on. and it connect with the thematic that was previously established. This is why it is not random.

It's not a "Lol random" episode.
>Meanwhile I just tore apart his argument
You fail completely.
>The food chain is about the transition of energy to the next trophic level, but "Food Chain" is filled with randomness.
It's not, it follow a clear story structure
>>
>>88343818
You keep spout structure as if its definition is not completely lacking any order all. The only structure is magic flash of light, it doesn't explain their location. It doesn't explain scene transitions. It doesn't explain the random musical. The starting and ending points of the episode aren't the only ones. There is no clear story structure, not evidenced by but coincidentally you guys have yet to explain the structure other than a magic flash of light. What the episode is about, does not cover how it flows.
>>
Behold, I present to you the order and structured episode that is Food Chain.
https://youtu.be/VQFhd3X8p6g
>>
>>88343642
I had the luxury of binging through season 6 when I first watched it, which I believe contributed to my enjoyment. I can imagine not liking it if I watched it as it aired over the course of an entire year, but watching it all at once made me appreciate for what it was, and not hate it for what it wasn't.
>>
>>88343873
You keep spouting structure as if its defintion is not being complete anarchy
A better way to word that
>>
>>88343912
Well, there you go. The stage comes from the light from Finn's eyes which comes from Finn's realization of the Food Chain. All of which is influenced from Magic Man's magic.
Completely logical.
>>
>>88343873
>You keep spout structure as if its definition is not completely lacking any order all.
It is.
>The only structure is magic flash of light
Wrong. It is has the museum to establish the thee of the story, it has the nature and the cycle of food chain that clearly lays out each step of the episode and a final that come back to the museum as well as an ongoing arc of finn Learning about rule of nature.
> It doesn't explain scene transitions.
The scene transition are clearly explained by the food chain, you have to be a dense obvious one to not see that.
>It doesn't explain the random musical.
IT's a musical bacause it's a show on TV, basically any show can do that.
>There is no clear story structure
Yes there is, the story structure is the following of each step of the food chain.
>you guys have yet to explain the structure other than a magic flash of light. What the episode is about, does not cover how it flows.
But the flow is actually laid out by how the food chain cycle actually work.
>>
>>88343952
The last part is an assumption, you explanations are pretty much "because god"
>>
>>88298650
Maybe so kids with disabilities can relate to a cartoon character? My kid lost his arm because my piece of shit ex wife refused to take him to the hospital when he broke his arm. It got infected and needed to be amputated. I was overseas and couldent do anything. My son loves fin. I come here to read up on cartoons and comics so i know what he is talking about when I get to see him.

Im glad this character exists because it gives my son someone to relate to in a completly positive way.
>>
>>88343968
>The last part is an assumption
There is zero assumption, we actually see Magic Man putting an hex on Finn.
>>
>>88343692
Jesus Christ dude, it's a surreal episode of adventure time that takes place in a hallucination. God forbid all the scene transitions don't make perfect logical sense.
>>
>>88304872
I want to have sloppy sex with her voice.
Razzamafoo I let your weewee in my woowoo
>>
>>88343961
That's not how we use the word "structured." When something is refered to as having structure, you should be able to explain what is structuring it.

Nothing of this is explaining the transitions, and even if it did, you have yet to explain how so. No, the transitions are based on the food chain, it isn't completely arbitrary -- the transitions. That's not what transitions are. The fact that any TV show can include a musical in the manner they'd like does not mean it is structured. That isn't what story structure is, that's the theme. Not transition, based on.
>>
>>88343992
And the following the locations and the transition to the musical all go without explanation. You're assuming it was due to Magic Man, it may be a sound assumption, but if it were clear why each thing is the way it is, there wouldn't be ambiguity. There's ambiguity because it isn't obvious as to why the characters are the way they are, it is only given that Magic Man turned Finn and Jake into different organisms
>>
>>88344004
That fact that is lacks that is why I considered "lol so random Xd"
>>
Whatever happened to the Lich Baby?
>>
>>88344056
>That's not how we use the word "structured." When something is refered to as having structure, you should be able to explain what is structuring it.
And I have. The show is a multi part story and each part represent a step in the food chain. This is how this epsiode is structured. The final is a conclusion and understanding of each of those steps.

>Nothing of this is explaining the transitions
Yes it does. Each transition is a step of the food chain inn is hallucinating about.
>you have yet to explain how so.
But it is explained several people have explained it to you. at this point I have to assume you are either stupid or trolling.
>The fact that any TV show can include a musical in the manner they'd like does not mean it is structured.
Possible, but in this case, it is.
>That isn't what story structure is, that's the theme. Not transition, based on.
So you admit there is a structure and that therefore you were wrong about calling it "lol random". and Transition is caused by death, meaning to the next ladder of the food chain.
>>
>>88344101
Magic Man is only a plot device to set the episode in motion. It doesn't make perfect sense, and it doesn't need to. In fact, the episode is more effective that way in telling its story. You have made a weird connection between something being ambiguous and being flawed, which is not inherently true.
>>
>>88344101
>And the following the locations and the transition to the musical all go without explanation.
Wrong. The following location is explained by it beng the next step of the food chain. The musical is the final and any show can have a musical to wrap things up if they want. People bursting into song in show doesn't need a justification.
>You're assuming it was due to Magic Man, it may be a sound assumption, but if it were clear why each thing is the way it is, there wouldn't be ambiguity.
But there is zero ambiguity. It's 100% sure it's caused by Magic Man.
>There's ambiguity because it isn't obvious as to why the characters are the way they are, it is only given that Magic Man turned Finn and Jake into different organisms
It is very obvious and anyone in this thread but you seems to have got it.
>>
>>88344142
But the choices aren't "lol so random xD". The scene transitions (while ambiguous and unexplained), are done in a meaningful and purposeful way. Just because it is ambiguous, does not mean it lacks a story structure. In fact, the story structure in 'Food Chain' has possibly the tightest and simplest story structure in all of Adventure Time.
>>
>>88296542
>robot arm
Why and how? I know he lost his arm but I thought it grew back.
>>
>>88344156
Yes and you're using it incorrectly. "Food Chain" attributes 4 sections of the story to a food chain the reaches the tertiary trophic level, or 2nd Order Consumers. Ergo, not the entire episode is structured exactly as the food chain, and even then the food chain is just a flow of energy. The transitions lack explanation, yes 4 sections are based on a food chain, but the transitions go without explanation. The execution is intentionally random.
>people have explained it
No you haven't, explain how the food chain covers transitioning to a musical. You literally can't.

>in this case it is
How so?

It is random, lol random doesn't mean lacking a subject, I am referring to the execution and have always referred to the execution. Death itself isn't subject to the food chain only. The fact that our heros die and onto the next species should just show how autistically put together this "story" is. Notice how others that have quit defending this episode as structured and orderly have dropped out. Really makes you think.
>>
>>88344269
See >>88297291 >>88298239.
>>
>>88344194
Except Magic Man only explains Finn and Jake transitioning from new species. It doesn't justify the random tone, as that is present throughout the entirety of the episode. Independent of Magic Man's influence.
>>
>>88344269
It never grew back, it was just his grass sword being shapped like his arm. In the last episode, the Grass sword had enough of his host, because Finn didn't want to kill a brainwashed friend, and quit Finn entirely, attaching itself to the Finn Sword, a Finn made out of a time clone of Finn that had been recently damaged, which hurt Finn quite a lot.
>>
>>88344254
story structure isn't the only thing to consider whether an episode is lol so random though. The structure on being solely about Finn and Jake transitioning into new trophic organisms is aboloshed by the inclusion of a musical, beacause there is no musical a food chain.
>>
>>88344200
There is no location in a food chain. Only organisms. There doesn't need to be an explanation to make an episode, if it was obligatory, Food Chain wouldn't be the mess that is. There is ambiguity, because the only thing explained by magic man is the transitions to new species. Magic man doesn't explain everything, because even outside of Magic Man's influence the wacky nature is still present.
>>
>>88344279
>Ergo, not the entire episode is structured exactly as the food chain, and even then the food chain is just a flow of energy. The transitions lack explanation, yes 4 sections are based on a food chain, but the transitions go without explanation
the transition is outright shwon, we see the consumption by the next step of the food chain and therefore follow it. It's 100% clear.
>No you haven't, explain how the food chain covers transitioning to a musical. You literally can't.
I can and I have. It's TV show and it can conclude into a musical if the writer want to, it doesn't need explanation.

>It is random, lol random doesn't mean lacking a subject. I am referring to the execution and have always referred to the execution.
And the execution was not random, it followed a clear structure and flowed natrurally in the story-telling.
>Death itself isn't subject to the food chain only
Death only isn't, but death is the transition, you asked what cause the transistion and what cause it is death, what cause it is the passage to the next step of the food chain.
>The fact that our heros die and onto the next species should just show how autistically put together this "story" is.
It only show how autistic you are, because anyone else get it that the reason they get to the next species is because they are the next step of the food chain and the story of the previous species is already told.
>Notice how others that have quit defending this episode as structured and orderly have dropped out. Really makes you think.
It only means most assume you are only trolling and you don't actually care about getting an answer you have got several times already.
>>
>>88344369
>There is no location in a food chain. Only organisms.
But for a story, a location can be set and the location chosen was the nature in which the food chain take place.
>Food Chain wouldn't be the mess that is.
Except it's not a mess. everything follow a logic and each transition make sense.
>There is ambiguity, because the only thing explained by magic man is the transitions to new species.
And this all the explanation you need to have everything make sense.
>because even outside of Magic Man's influence the wacky nature is still present.
Wacky and silly doesn't mean random nor does it make it bad. in case of food chain the whole composition is actually quite good.
>>
>>88344303
Really?

I thought Magic Man's influence of the entire hallucination was VERY implicit.

>>88344337
If that's how you want to define 'lol so random' then fine, but it seems a very shallow definition to me.

>The structure on being solely about Finn and Jake transitioning into new trophic organisms is aboloshed by the inclusion of a musical, beacause there is no musical a food chain.

Honestly man, you're thinking about this way too hard. Your original comment (>>88343234) implies that because it doesn't make perfect sense, it can't be good, which is simply not true. I couldn't care less about the semantics of whether the episode qualifies as 'lol so random' if it tells it story effectively. It doesn't have to make sense to be good.
>>
>>88344337
>. The structure on being solely about Finn and Jake transitioning into new trophic organisms is aboloshed by the inclusion of a musical, beacause there is no musical a food chain.
Do you mean "abolished"? And no, this is a wrong statement. a Musical at the end doesn't invalid anything whatsoever.
>>
File: 1481418482704.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1481418482704.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>88344371
The transition of location and the following subject. We already covered how those four sections are based on the food chain. The transition fron walking down a hallway at the Candy Kingdon to straight flying to a desert land goes without explanation. How Finn projects the musical from his eyes, but somehow is dancing in front of it simultaneously goes without explanation. Will you seriously tell Uncle Grandpa isn't lol so random? Just because a TV show can put whatever they desire into an episode does not make it an episode that isn't "lol so random." If that were true, no "lol so random XD" anything on TV would exist. The execution is delbrately random, literally watch the first video I posted. It's intentionally wacky. We have covered the 4 sections, the rest goes without explanation. You guys keep ignoring other reasons I consider it "lol so random." You keep ignoring how the setting just goes to a new one. Magic Man only explains them going into new species. The transitions of everything else goes without explanation.

>im trolling
>>
>>88344486
It does, because there is no musical in a food chain, so you can't say the entire episode is governed by it.
>he doesn't know what typos are
>low level banter
How's middle school?
>>
>>88344450
Well you're wrong, because all Magic Man explains is the transition and transformation of new species. How Finn and Jake's setting from the Candy Kingdok to a desert goes without explanation. How they break into a musical goes without explanation. My orginal comment expresses distaste due to being random. It's just a preference, I never argued that it wasn't good, just defending that it is random.
>>
>>88344521
>The transition fron walking down a hallway at the Candy Kingdon to straight flying to a desert land goes without explanation.
YES IT DOES.

Spelled to you several time, but you keep ignoring it because you are too butthurt to admit to have been wrong. The transition is explained by Magic Man giving the this vision.
>How Finn projects the musical from his eyes, but somehow is dancing in front of it simultaneously goes without explanation.
Again, magic Man shenanigan. Zero ambiguity about it.
>Will you seriously tell Uncle Grandpa isn't lol so random?
Yes, he is. But food Chain isn't.
>Just because a TV show can put whatever they desire into an episode does not make it an episode that isn't "lol so random."
But that does not make it an episode that is "lol so random." EITHER. Having a musical conclusion isn't proof that it's "lol so random."
> The execution is delbrately random, literally watch the first video I posted.
I watched it and it is not random. it follow a perfectly understandable narrative. Finn complain about how he doesn't get the Food Chain stuff and Magic Man, hearing that, decide to give Finn a lesson. It conclude with Finn understanding everything. There is nothing random about it.
> It's intentionally wacky.
wacky doesn't make it "lol so random".
>We have covered the 4 sections, the rest goes without explanation.
Yes, we have covered it and you have been explanined several time that those section have structure AND transition, therefore, it is not "lol so random".
>You guys keep ignoring other reasons I consider it "lol so random.
All the reasons you have given have been addressed and you have been proved wrong.
>The transitions of everything else goes without explanation.
It is given an explanation. the transition is cause by the death of a species, thus going to the next step of the food chain.

>im trolling
It's either that, or you being to butthurt to admit you are wrong.
>>
>>88344547
>It does, because there is no musical in a food chain
And?
>, so you can't say the entire episode is governed by it.
And?
None of that prove any of your point.
>>low level banter
It wasn't banter, it was me asking what you meant.
>>
>>88344412
Yes and the location of going from the Candy Kingdom to a desert goes without explanation. There is no explanation to the sudden musical transition. Iymt's random. Wacky and silly is why I consider it lol so random because thats how the episode is without justification.
>>
>>88344152
He's still in Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig's care, and the Lich is still inside him.
>>
>>88344681
>And (2nd)
So saying that the food chain organized the episode is an inaccurate statement, the food chain only organizes 4 sections. This also doesn't cover the overall mood.
You asked that question for literary effect; you do know I meant abolished
>>
>>88344684
>Yes and the location of going from the Candy Kingdom to a desert goes without explanation.
It is explained. It was explained to you. several time.

the explanation of how they goes there is that they were talking about the food chain and Magic man decided to give them a vision of a place where the foodchain they were talking about take place.

>There is no explanation to the sudden musical transition.
It's a wrap up. this is neither the first nor the last time a story is concluded by a musical and there is nothing wrog with that.
That the show end up with a musical does in no way means it is "lol so random"

>Wacky and silly is why I consider it lol so random because thats how the episode is without justification.
And your point fail because everything has a justification. and wacky and silly doesn't mean random.
>>
>>88344601
> It's just a preference, I never argued that it wasn't good, just defending that it is random.

Oh yeah, it's very random, I was just defending it as a 'deliberate randomness' as opposed to 'randomness for randomness' sake' if that makes any sense. I enjoyed it, but I can't argue with you on personal preferences.
>>
>>88344721
>So saying that the food chain organized the episode is an inaccurate statement
It is a perfectly accurate statement and pointing out that the story end with a musical (who actually is a wrap up of everything Finn has learned) does not invalid this point.
>the food chain only organizes 4 sections
And MAgic man and the museum organize the rest.
>You asked that question for literary effect; you do know I meant abolished
I didn't and I wans't sure. hence why i asked.
>>
>>88344601
Just as a last point, I thought all of that was easily explained by Magic Man's hallucination spell. The episode shouldn't have to spell it out for you so literally.
>>
>>88344669
https://youtu.be/J9AHuM300fY
Magic Man only transformed them into organism. There is no vision, that's the epsod intended to be.

>Magic man shenadigans
Assumption, nothing suggest it was Magic Man

>Uncle Grandpa is lol so random
>Food Chain isn't
0/10. UG has coherent storylines though...

That's not what makes it lol so random, that wasn't what I was arguing. I was arguing the song is random because theres no introduction to it, and its sheer surrealism. I don't care about the synposis, I care about the execution.

>wacky doesn't make it lol so random
It is when it's for the sake of.

I've already expaind how Magic Man only transitions them to new organisms, he doesn't set up the song, he doesn't transfer them to a desert, he only turns them to new species. Enough of this slothful deduction.

>You've proved ny other statements wrong
What? So that autistic frameshifts and animation are ordered and consistent? They aren't.

The transition from desert and to musical is w/out explanation.
>>
>>88296542
Teen Titans Go did it.
>>
>>88344722
There was no vision, THAT IS THE EPISODE.

>false equivalency
>hasty generalization
The food chain doesn't structure the episode as a whole, because there is no musicals in a food chain. Due to this, the inclusion of the musical is random, and the character's behavior and actions are random for the sake of. The entire episode is wacky and silly without reason, this is why I consider it "lol so random"
>>
>>88344804
The entire episode has this feel regardless of Magic Man's infuence. Regardles Magic Man made that episode random.
>>
>>88344759
It invalidates the point because there is an exception that hasn't been justified.
>>
>>88344956
>There was no vision, THAT IS THE EPISODE.
>the character's behavior and actions are random for the sake of. The entire episode is wacky and silly without reason

Holy shit, it's like talking to a brick wall.

There is no reasoning with people like you.
>>
>>88344804
There was no hallucination, that is the episode being the episode.
>>
>>88344759
Magic man doesn't organize the song or the transitions other than the 4 sections.
>>
>>88344889
>Magic Man only transformed them into organism. There is no vision, that's the epsod intended to be.
It's let ambiguous on whether or not it was a vision or real, though Finn looking like it was at the museum all along seems to indicat that it was,but that does not make the episode bad or random. And like I saidn there is zero ambiguity that magic Man is responsible of it either ways.
>Assumption, nothing suggest it was Magic Man
Zero assumption, it's not just suggested, it's showed plainly that Magic Man is behind it.

> I was arguing the song is random because theres no introduction to it, and its sheer surrealism.
A Muscal wrapping up an ending is a classic way to write a show, there is no need to warn it in advance, furthermore, AT is a show that is actually used to have a song in an episode once in a while. Therefore the execution fit perfectly with other AT episode and that doesn't qualify it to be "lol so random".

>It is when it's for the sake of.
But it's for more than that. If it in the narrative perfectly.

>I've already expaind how Magic Man only transitions them to new organisms
and I have explanied to you several time how you are wrong about that. Magic man explain how we transition from the museum to nature and how we transition from nature to back to the museum.

>he doesn't set up the song,
And?
>he doesn't transfer them to a desert,
Yes, he does.
>he only turns them to new species.
Wrong, he does more than that.
>Enough of this slothful deduction.
I'd wish it was enough but you have decided to set your brain on stupid and deny fact and obviousness just so you could find inexistant reason to complain about an episode.

>What? So that autistic frameshifts and animation are ordered and consistent? They aren't.
they aren't autistic, and they are ordered and consistent.
>>
File: 1480651938546.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1480651938546.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>88345012
not an argument
>>
>>88344889
>The transition from desert and to musical is w/out explanation.
the transition to desert is 100% certain done by Magic man and the musical doesn't need explanation. It's jsut how they wrap up the episode, which is a perfectly legit way to do so and fit perfectly with the AT habit to have a song in a episode once in a while.
>>
File: 1452119253555.gif (144KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1452119253555.gif
144KB, 180x180px
This is the most discussion I've seen in a while.
>>
>>88345077
Nothing that happens in the episode is random for the sake of being random. It's randomness is deliberate to tell its story. Magic Man somehow gets them to experience the food chain. Whether this is by a hallucination spell or other magic is not important. You need to stop taking everything in the episode so damn literally.
>>
>>88344956
>There was no vision, THAT IS THE EPISODE.
That's your interpretation, not a fact.
>>false equivalency
wrong
>>hasty generalization
wrong
>The food chain doesn't structure the episode as a whole, because there is no musicals in a food chain.
There is plenty of story structure whose basic don't have musical, that doesn't forbid a musical, as wrapping up with a musical is a legit story structure that can be set for a story that is in no way mutually exclusive with most kind of story structure.

Wrapping up with a musically doesn't invalidate the structure of given by the food chain.

>Due to this, the inclusion of the musical is random
It is not random but a classic story-telling tool.
>and the character's behavior and actions are random for the sake of.
They are not random, they follow the logic of the food chain
>The entire episode is wacky and silly without reason
It's wacky and silly because Magic man is at the gist of it.
> this is why I consider it "lol so random"
And all the reason you use for it have been proven invalid.
>>
>>88344984
>The entire episode has this feel regardless of Magic Man's infuence.
No, this feel is directly caused by Magic man.>>88345002
>It invalidates the point because there is an exception that hasn't been justified.
It doesn't because Musical ending doesn't require justification in the first place. especially as AT as established that from time to time there will be a musical part.
>>
File: finn accepts idpol.png (366KB, 1280x730px) Image search: [Google]
finn accepts idpol.png
366KB, 1280x730px
>>88345154
I don't know anon. Birds, worms, and germs seems pretty whacky and random to me.
>>
>>88345048
>Magic man doesn't organize the song or the transitions other than the 4 sections.
Magic man is directly responsible of the transition from museum to the desert and the musical don't need justification, it's a legit way to conclude an episode, regardless of the sotry.
>>
>>88345205
They are not in this episode, as their introduction in the story is established by the setting of the food chain.
>>
>>88345075
>its let on ambiguous
If it was orderly and structured there wouldn't be any ambiguity. It wasn't that he was at the museum all along, there were just put there. It also doesn't explain where it began, because they left the museum then became birds. The didn't go from being the the hallway to back at the museum.

>false equivalency fallacy
The characters don't project lights out of their eyes and coexist dancing in front of it, the setting is always the same.

>shown plainly it was Magic Man
How so?

>implying the montage frameshifts weren't delibrate and had nothing to do with the plot.

>Magic Man transitions from the museum and to it
How do you figure?

>And?
Nothing sets it up, it's completely random filler

>Magic Man does more
How do you figure?

>consistent
In what way? They transition from camera angles such as the round floor when walking down the hall, and zooming into mouths entering a new scene.
>>
File: 1480232626592.png (536KB, 712x715px) Image search: [Google]
1480232626592.png
536KB, 712x715px
>>88344369
>>88344412
>>88344684
>>88344722
>>88344956
>>88345012
>>88345077
>>88345154
>Overanalyzing what is essentially a non-canonical episode where another artist from outside the studio was hired to do as a Guest Artist

>Overanalyzing Food Chain and neglecting to bring up the other non-canonical semi-random episodes
>Glitch is a Glitch
>Water Prank Park
>Bad Jubies
>and the one made by the creators of Baman and Piderman; Beyond the Grotto

The only point of the episodes was to branch out and throw in some flavor and fresh new styles.
>>
>>88345205
It IS random in a loose sense, but so is the entire show. The point is you make it seem like it's random for the sake of it, which is not an opinion, it's categorically false.
>>
>>88345099
>desert transition is done by Magic Magic
How do you figure? Magic Man is present at the Candy Kingdom, his magic is only seen trasnforming them into birds, not sending them from a hallway into a desert while no desert exist near the Candy Kingdom that close.

>false equivalency
I'm not arguing inclusions of musicals are random, I'm arguing how it is set up and transitioned to is random.
>>
>>88343234
Wow... pearls before swine. Masaaki Yuasa has never made anything less than incredible, Food Chain included. Please educate yourself.
>>
>>88345154
So you agree it is random, regardless of any of those it doesn't make it ordered and structured
>>
>>88345270
>If it was orderly and structured there wouldn't be any ambiguity
Wrong. an ordered and structured story can have ambiguity. As a matter of fact, most good one will have.
> It wasn't that he was at the museum all along, there were just put there.
That's your interpretation.
> It also doesn't explain where it began, because they left the museum then became birds. The didn't go from being the the hallway to back at the museum.
They explain it: Magic man did it. It's obvious for everyone here but you.
>The characters don't project lights out of their eyes and coexist dancing in front of it, the setting is always the same.
One, that has nothing to do with false equivallency.
2. It actually is a good hint that everything we saw in the episode was a vision. That you actually chose to interpret that all of it really happened just so you can be fristrated that your personal interpretation doesn't make sense is beyond me.

>How so?
Look at your own video, we see them talking in the hall and we litterally see MAgic man putting an hex on them.

>implying the montage frameshifts weren't delibrate and had nothing to do with the plot.
It was set to establish the weirdness and that Magic Man was clearly at play.

>How do you figure?
Because we literally see him doing it.

>In what way? They transition from camera angles such as the round floor when walking down the hall, and zooming into mouths entering a new scene.
All of it cause by MAgic man. what is the problem?
>>
>>88345325
>How do you figure?
with basic cognitive functions
>Magic Man is present at the Candy Kingdom, his magic is only seen trasnforming them into birds, not sending them from a hallway into a desert while no desert exist near the Candy Kingdom that close.
Because we literally see him launching a spell at them.
>I'm not arguing inclusions of musicals are random, I'm arguing how it is set up and transitioned to is random.
Again, it has nothign to do with false equivalency and again, thre is nothing random with concluding with a musical. it's a classic story telling technique and doesn't require justification.
>>
>>88343912
Damn, I forgot how great that sequence was.
>>
>>88345365
>PB tries to teach kids about the food chain.
>Finn and Jake find it boring and walk to the snack bar.
>On their way, Magic Man uses MAAAGGIICCCC to get them to experience the different stages of the food chain.
>The episode concludes with a musical number summarrising everything they have learned about the food chain, having newfound appreciation for it.

What the fuck is complicated about it?
>>
>>88345169
>interpretation not fact
My interpretation is based on facts, if you want to be like that it being a hallucination is an interpretation is also an interpretation, an inconisistent one at that. Their hallucination would start at the transformation of birds, however it ends at being inside the museum, where it should at the hallway. It doesn't follow.

>wrong
>not explaining why your statement isn't a logical fallacy

I'm not arguing over the inclusion of the musical, I'm pointing out how it included. Typically when a musical occurs the setting stays the same, and characters don't exist in two places at the same time. It's wacky and silly regardless of Magic Man's influence. If his magic ends back at the museum, then Finn would be a deity for no reason. It isn't a hallucination, it's an episode with sloppy transition and random execution.

>proven invalid
How so?
>>
>>88345201
But there exist wackiness prior to Magic Man even affecting the episode. Musicals
completely changing the setting and having the character exist in two places at the same time doesn't make it random how?
>>
>>88345226
>magic man is responsible for transitioning from museum to desert
Evidenced by what?

>musicals don't need justification
Not my argument

The song didn't conclude the episode, Finn resembling a hinfu deity did.
>>
>>88345284
>listing the othe different animation episode
All of those have clear transitions and a cohert storyline. ESPECIALLY Bad Jubies
>>
>>88345474
>My interpretation is based on facts
It really isn't and is contradicted by what we see at theend of the episode, where it look most of what we see in the episode was a vision Finn was having symbolised as a movie projector.
> if you want to be like that it being a hallucination is an interpretation is also an interpretation, an inconisistent one at that.
It's actually more consistent than your take.
>Their hallucination would start at the transformation of birds, however it ends at being inside the museum
Which would mean they were there all along.
>where it should at the hallway. It doesn't follow.
It follow, they are still at the museum, Finn walking around a bit while hallucinating isn't in contradiction with anything.

>>not explaining why your statement isn't a logical fallacy
I don't even see where there is a logical fallacy in the first place.

>I'm not arguing over the inclusion of the musical, I'm pointing out how it included.
aNd there is nothing wrong with it. It's legit way to wrap up a story.

>Typically when a musical occurs the setting stays the same, and characters don't exist in two places at the same time.
that's one of the wrongest thing you have said so far. Musical are usually used to explore what if and would be and going more abstract with the intend and action of the protagonists.
>It's wacky and silly regardless of Magic Man's influence.
But it is in no way random as it is a conclusion of the thing Finn has learned.

>If his magic ends back at the museum, then Finn would be a deity for no reason. It isn't a hallucination, it's an episode with sloppy transition and random execution.
Fin being a "deity" is a representation of his new enlightenment and how he has learned.

>How so?
Because none hold against the argument i have given.
>>
>>88345554
>Evidenced by what?

Why must everything be spelled out for you so literally? Would you not be satisfied unless Magic Man said something like "I am going to make you hallucinate that you are in a desert" ?
>>
>>88345508
>But there exist wackiness prior to Magic Man even affecting the episode. Musicals
Musical is at the end.
>completely changing the setting and having the character exist in two places at the same time doesn't make it random how?
Finn goes back where it come from. it's not random, it make sense he would come back there. And there is no instence of a characters existing at the same time in two different times.
>>
>>88345554
>Evidenced by what?
By the fact we literally see him pu a spell on Finn.

>Not my argument
Your argument, is that including a musical make it "lol so random". My point is that whether or not a story has a musical doesn't make it less or more random.

>The song didn't conclude the episode, Finn resembling a hinfu deity did.
And?
>>
>>88345575
And so does Food Chain.
>>
>>88345382
>wrong how so

>that's your interpretation
That's a description from the episode itself.

>Magic man did it
The argument here is that is is a hallucination. Magic Man gave them a hallucination. That doesn't follow because their "hallucination" didn't end where it started. That's the episode being

>isn't false equivalency
It is when you're trying to justify the musical by explaining we have had concluding musicals before. You're ignoring the situations, pretending they stand equal.

>continues to tell me my interpretation is incorrect without telling me why his is correct using a band wagon fallacy.

>we see MM set a hex on them
What we don't see is him putting them in the desert; they are still at the hallway when their transformation begins.

>weirdness was due to MM
The weirdness was present before he even had shown up

>we saw him
What did you see?

>problem
Those things occured prior to Magic Man's influence.
>>
>>88345412
>ignoring the fact they are still in the hallway after the spell

>isn't false equivalency
Other musicals are consistent with the setting.
>>
>>88345447
How it is done, why I considered it "lol so random xD"
>>
>>88345607
Because they are still in the hallway even after the spell occurs
>>
>>88345625
>Musical is at the end
It's towards it, while a music near the end of something is common, my it has problems others do not. It isn't similar, and is ony similar if you deduct the differences, also known as false equivalency. Finn projects the light out from his eyes, and then proceeds to dance in front of the light. Finn is existing at two places simultaneously.
>>
>>88345773
That's because your interpretation is so literal it beggars belief.
>>
>>88345666
Except that they both are in the hallway even after the spell is placed.

No my argument is how the song was inserted makes in random, not the insertion of a song

>And?
So your point that the song concluded the epsiode is incorrect.
>>
>>88345680
False Equivalency, Food Chain has way more differences story wise than the others. Execution is drasitcally different as well
>>
>>88345709
>That's a description from the episode itself.
source
>Magic Man gave them a hallucination. That doesn't follow because their "hallucination" didn't end where it started.
But they did end up where they started, they are back at the museum.
>It is when you're trying to justify the musical by explaining we have had concluding musicals before. You're ignoring the situations, pretending they stand equal.
Except that's not my argument, my argument is that wrapping up with a musical is a legit story telling technique and that nothing in the episode forbid the use of it. I am not ignoring the situation, I am saying that it apply to the situation and that having a musical or not doesn't render it less or more random.
>>continues to tell me my interpretation is incorrect without telling me why his is correct using a band wagon fallacy.
I don't see any band wagon fallacy, and I have actually told you why I think my interpretation is correct as the food chain experience Finn has ended up as if it was a movie in his head th whole time. a good indication that all of this was a vision.

>What we don't see is him putting them in the desert; they are still at the hallway when their transformation begins.
Once again, you chose an interpretation (not a vision) to frustrate you, instead of going with the interpretation (a vision) that adress your point flawlessly. this i a bewildering behaviour.

Not to mention, they aren't transformed when they are walking in the hall, just moving their arms up and down. then we switch from their point of view where they are in the nature as birds.

Or, if you insist all of this really happened, they get transported there the moment they get changed. But once again, you auto inflict frustration by deciding that while the magic is responsible of their change, it's not responsible of the change of location, whereas there is nothing to go again this explanation.
>>
>>88345799
Well there you have it. He'll still claim otherwise ofc
>>
>>88345884
How so?
>>
>>88345709
>The weirdness was present before he even had shown up
No? the weirdness start when MM launch his spell.
>What did you see?
Him launching a spell on Finn and Jake.

>Those things occured prior to Magic Man's influence.
Wrong.
>>
>>88345757
>>ignoring the fact they are still in the hallway after the spell
You are the one ignoring that they were still walking. as long as they stay in the vicinity ofthe museum, there is no contradiction.

>Other musicals are consistent with the setting.
This musical is also consistent with the setting as it' them is directly based on what Finn has experienced.
>>
>>88345941
They aren't actually turned into birds.
They never actually go to the desert.
The entire thing is a vision seen from Finn and Jake's perspective, as evidenced by the hallway scene.
>>
>>88345855
>It isn't similar, and is ony similar if you deduct the differences, also known as false equivalency.
I didn't deduct any difference. hence why it isn't a false equivalency.
>Finn projects the light out from his eyes, and then proceeds to dance in front of the light. Finn is existing at two places simultaneously.
Again there is no contradiction if Finn is only imagining it. Also, Musical usually allow those kind of abstraction and character imagining themselves doing stuff, which is an other justification for relying on musical.

Also, if you are still insisting that none of that is a vision, you can still see MM at the end in the background laughing at what he has done. a clear indication he is behind the weird stuff.
>>
>>88314492
>wtf?
Kill yourself newfag
>>
>>88345893
>Except that they both are in the hallway even after the spell is placed.
and?

>No my argument is how the song was inserted makes in random, not the insertion of a song

and my argument is that an insertion of a song in itself doesn't make something random.
>So your point that the song concluded the epsiode is incorrect.
I use concluding as in "giving a conclusion", not "finishing it".
>>
>>88345919
>False Equivalency, Food Chain has way more differences story wise than the others.
What others, I didn't use any other. What I mentioned is a Story telling technique. And it's execution here is perfectly legit.
>>
File: 1479806095293.jpg (819KB, 2039x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1479806095293.jpg
819KB, 2039x2048px
>>88343692
>falacies
What is with all these spooky people on /co/
>>
>>88346081
I am here since 2007.

And stake is good.
>>
File: wat.png (403KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
403KB, 640x480px
>>88345773
Alright, your definition and conception of the "lol so random xD" meme is just wrong. The phrase only applies to situations where characters, events, or the environment say or do something that is completely without warrant or context. The Food chain episode provides an ample in universe explanation as to why they are turning into a variety of plants and animals. All actions while obviously crazy and whacky all root themselves to a central theme. Regardless of how insane or random the action in the show seems to be it can at the same time be random (defined as an event without any explanation or precedent to occur) and not be "lol so random XD" (defined as an event without any explanation or precedent to occur (normally played for laughs) that doesn't progress the plot or have pay off either within the story or after it finishes.) Thus you can claim, "In my opinion the episode was random", but you can't state "It was "lol so random XD", as that is an incorrect usage of the meme and no longer an opinion but factually wrong.
>>
>>88346148
>being this cancerous
>having taste this shit
I sincerely hope you're lying, friend.
>>
>>88346176
I am not.
>>
>>88346163
Thank you for cutting to the heart of it.
>>
>>88345923
>source
Adventure Time, Season 6, Episode 7

>they are back at the museum
You'd might as well argue thet are back on Ooo, the point is they are not back where they started.

>that is not my argument
>proceed to repeat his argument
I am not arguing about the inclusion of a musical, and the musicals you are referingare included it's always consistent with the setting.

>the song was a vision
It's a band wagon fallacy because you proceed to tell me others agree as if it meant anything. I explained the inconsistencies, if Magic Man caused the vision, the vision would end, and the characters would be where they started. The projector animation was an effect to parallel a movie being shown, not to indicate it was a vision. The song ends by flying down Finn's throat and him resembling a Hindu deity.

>incorrectly describing what occurs
There transformation wasn't instantaneous, it was gradual and began with Magic Man's spell. They didn't swtich point of view or camera angle in this scene. They flew in the air and their setting immediately went from Candy Kingdom to desert. Therefore Magic Man didn't send them there, it's inconsistent
>>
Any thoughts on how the ice king/simon petrikov arc is being handled?
>>
>>88345948
The weirdness is referring to the camera angles, which are present before MM appears.

So MM didn't start the musical scene

>wrong
watch the episode
>>
>>88346328
That's because of the guest animator???
>>
>>88298650

It was supposed to be a sign of character growth. or something like that.

Now it just seems like "here you go, now stop asking about the mechanical arm!" fanservice at this point.
>>
>>88345982
>special pleading
Why the museun specially, and not where the vision began? You could argue they're still on Ooo with this logic.

So the musical's setting is inconsistent then. It follow Finn and Jake's experiences. And all other scenes follow the progression of a food chain, a musical is not apart of a food chain.
>>
>>88346302
I fucking hate pre-war story lines. They took something subtle and fun and ruined it. Worse than that they removed it from the context of the show. At least islands is making the effort of letting pre-war stuff be shown through the zany left-overs lense of current era Ooo.
Finally, while a handful of heavy pre-war stories avoid this, most are hackneyed attempts to 'pull at the heart strings'. Such ham fisted stuff was okay once perhaps but to have this sort of thing be recurring cheapens not only the initial gimmick but hampers the development of the shows ongoing tone.
In short I hate them. They're like guest episodes, not canon and focusing on irrelevant characters but completely unimaginative and lacking in artistic direction.
>>
>>88346030
Where does the vision end? More importantly how do you know? What shows it's a vision? Regardless, a vision can in turn be lol so random.
>>
>>88346055
Yes you did, consistency with the setting.

>musicals usually allow for inconsistencies
Which is why in this case it is lol so random

>Assumption
How do you know that?
>>
>>88346382
>a musical is not apart of a food chain.

The point of the musical is to demonstrate Finn's newfound knowledge on the foodchain. Whether it is part of the vision or not is irrelevant because either way it is not 'lol so random xDDDD' It serves a clear a functional purpose within the story and makes sense in the context of the episode.
>>
>>88346123
Because of the execution of how. You know it's a technique because of all the other examples. I never argued against using a concluding musical, how it is presented is random and isn't coveres by the trope.
>>
>>88346419
Magic Man putting a spell on people is 'lol so random'? Seems pretty consistent with his character to me.
>>
>>88346281
>Adventure Time, Season 6, Episode 7
That's not a source for a description.

>You'd might as well argue thet are back on Ooo, the point is they are not back where they started.
They are back to where they started within a walking distance. And walking was what they were doing before we saw the transition to the desert.

>I am not arguing about the inclusion of a musical, and the musicals you are referingare included it's always consistent with the setting.
I am not comparing to an other specific musical but talking about musical in general.

And the musical in food Chain IS consistent with the setting too.

>It's a band wagon fallacy because you proceed to tell me others agree as if it meant anything.
Rereading the post you quoted about the bandwagon, I actually didn't do that.
>I explained the inconsistencies, if Magic Man caused the vision, the vision would end, and the characters would be where they started.
And I explained to you why it isn't an incositency because only being in a ballpark of where they started is enough to not be a contradiction. Especially as we see they are still walking while they are having those visions. Because we see they are still walking, anything that is within a walking distance is fairgame.

>The projector animation was an effect to parallel a movie being shown, not to indicate it was a vision.
One doens't forbid the other.
>The song ends by flying down Finn's throat and him resembling a Hindu deity.
And MAgic man being seen laughing in the background a clear indication that he is behind this.

>There transformation wasn't instantaneous, it was gradual and began with Magic Man's spell.
And, a trnasition to an hallucination can be transitional. and if it isn't a vision, there is no reason to assume the change of setting isn't caused by MM too.
>Therefore Magic Man didn't send them there, it's inconsistent
That the change is transitional is in no way a logical proof that MM isn't behind it.
>>
File: >2014.jpg (277KB, 714x644px) Image search: [Google]
>2014.jpg
277KB, 714x644px
>>88346302
Daily reminder that Simon is an evil human being. Instead of accepting death like billions of other people he decides that he is going long shot an attempt at immortality. Even though it means that he will constantly be an existential threat to everyone around him and not be aware of it. He basically acts as a walking corpse that haunts (ironic considering the fact that she is a vampire) Marceline, and remains as a constant reminder that she is so close yet so far from her greatest friend.
So desperate for immorality that he literally ignores death's advice, and dooms himself to becoming a flying ice bat monster.
Also he is pretty rude to his penguins.
>>
>>88346328
>The weirdness is referring to the camera angles, which are present before MM appears.
camera angles doesn't affect the events in the story.
>So MM didn't start the musical scene
There is no logical reason to assume that weird camera angle existing from the start forbid MM to be responsible of the weirdness of the musical.
>>
>>88346382
>Why the museun specially, and not where the vision began?
WTF? The vision BEGAN at the museum.
>You could argue they're still on Ooo with this logic.
Anywhere within walking distance.
>It follow Finn and Jake's experiences. And all other scenes follow the progression of a food chain, a musical is not apart of a food chain.
Again, watf? the musical was specifically about the food Chain, this is what he sing about.
>>
File: IMG_0412.png (625KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0412.png
625KB, 1334x750px
>>88346553
That's a grimdark but highly arousing interpretation
>>
>>88346163
>without warrant or context
So this episode.

The Food Chain episode only follows the structure of a food chain for 4 sections.

>Wacky crazy actions root into a theme
Such as?

I wasn't arguing the entire episode is random, but that I consider it "lol so random XD." "Lol so random XD" is a meme expressing enjoyment for things that are random for the sake of. So if I can argue that something is random, which you agree to, then "lol so random XD" works. "LOL so random XD," is a meme, like "pics or it didnt happen" and "tits or gtfo." You can't define it like a word, you express why it is used. So your definition for "LOL so random XD" is wrong.
>>
>>88346302
I think bringing Betty back was a mistake. Obviously we'll have to see how it plays out first, but I'd prefer to have left her as Ice King's tragically lost love. I will not be happy if they end up back together.
>>
>>88346350
Having a guest animator doesn't make it structured and orderly in execution. Due to the guest animator story boarding the episode the way they had, I referred to it as "LOL so random XD"
>>
>>88346514
The fact that Magic Man just shows up to place curses is random in a general sense.
>>
>>88346469
>Yes you did, consistency with the setting.
No, I actually pointed out there is no inconsistency in the setting. And whether there is a musical or not, that there is inconsistency or not is unrelated.
>>musicals usually allow for inconsistencies
welp, strawman fallacy, while we are at it. Not what I said, I said Musical allowed more abstraction. I didn't say it allowed inconsistency. Not the same thing.

>How do you know that?
I do not know that, but the simplest explanation to address a matter is the one to go by up until proven false.

Not everything being outright explained isn't inconsistency, for inconsistency, you need outright contradiction. Which there isn't.
>>
>>88346631
No, you just don't understand the meme. If you can't see the difference between Food Chain's 'randomness' and say, Uncle Grandpa, then you're an idiot.
>>
>>88346479
It's random because of its execution, not whether or not it served a purpose
>>
File: have a snickers.jpg (258KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
have a snickers.jpg
258KB, 1280x1600px
>>88346631
You are beyond saving friendo.
>>
File: IMG_1854.png (597KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1854.png
597KB, 1334x750px
What did /co/ think of Broke his Crown? All I gathered is that cyber crown AI Simon is gonna get head from floating head Betty
>>
>>88346631
>he Food Chain episode only follows the structure of a food chain for 4 sections
And the intro and the outro set things up for those 4 sections. Which make them consitent too.

>"Lol so random XD" is a meme expressing enjoyment for things that are random for the sake of.
Something this episode isn't, as it follow a clear story structure.
>>
>>88346644
Giving Betty's VA's voice a job is a joke. She should be in prison.
>>
>>88346796
Should adult be condemned for things they did as minor?
>>
>>88346759
Oh it's own it's only sort of 'neat', but it really lends itself to needing a follow-up episode, or something to show that a version of Betty being in his head has changed him, somewhat.
Seeing past crown users was interesting, and I guess there was some Bubbline shipbait, for those that like that.
>>
>>88346738
The problem is I make a distinction between randomness for the sake of it, randomness with a purpose, and you don't.

Therefore, this argument is pointless.
>>
>>88346528
That's the source retard. I am describing to you what happened, since you can't be arsed to watch it yourself.

So they weren't where they started. How far is walking distace?

>consistent with the setting
how so?

>if they are between an arbitrary distance I made up for my special pleading fallacy to work they are within walking distance
Top kek

>one doesn't forbid the other
The sound effect of a movie reel rolling seems pretty blatant
>slothful deduction
>Magic man behind it all
How do you know he is laughing? What suggest his magic is why Finn resembles a Hindu deity? Where is the effective transition. Can you begin to see why this episode is "lol so random"

>they began to hallucinate
Regardless begins with Magic Man's spell.
>its starts effecivetly at my arbitrary cut off
Now then I can say that they didn't begin hallucinating until their predator instincts took over.

>I don't know MM isn't not behind it
Burden of Proof fallacy
>>
>>88346577
>camera angle don't affect the story
Irrelevant, camera angles can be attributed to randomness.

>Magic Man has always been behind it
Doesn't excuse the episode not being random then. Magic Man simply made a random episode.
You need proof. Now you're arguing MM isn't the reasom for the weirdness, if it began at the start. So much is now wrong.
>>
File: 1481418575151.jpg (17KB, 206x255px) Image search: [Google]
1481418575151.jpg
17KB, 206x255px
>>88346616
No, it began in the hallway at the museum. So it should have ended there.

>within walking distance
Define.

Musicals are not included in the food chain, where as the previous 4 scenes were.
>>
>>88346972
>Irrelevant, camera angles can be attributed to randomness.

Okay, I'm officially done.
>>
File: 1481419711170.png (4KB, 194x145px) Image search: [Google]
1481419711170.png
4KB, 194x145px
>>88346737
>>88346744
Not an argument

>>88346794
How so?
How so?
>>
File: 1481417658315.png (75KB, 968x647px) Image search: [Google]
1481417658315.png
75KB, 968x647px
>>88346872
Too bad you could argue literally anything has a purpose, so it's a moot point.
>>
>>88346553
To be fair his favorite penguin is a cosmic horror.
>>
>>88347049
How the episode is storyboarded in general
>>
>>88347119
What I mean to say, is not all randomness is "lol so random xD" because you don't know how to correctly use the meme.
>>
>>88346817
That's a problem with the Simon centric episodes, they need a follow up. "Betty" suffered in its pacing thanks to not being a two parter.
>>
>>88346904
>That's the source retard. I am describing to you what happened, since you can't be arsed to watch it yourself.
The episode itself isn't the source of an official description you are using as a proof of it not being a vision. especially if it was written by a CN intern.

>So they weren't where they started. How far is walking distace?
What matter is that they didn't exceed it. If they are still in the museum, they are still within walking distance.

>how so?
There is no contradictions and what might appear as contradiction have easy and obvious explanations.
>>if they are between an arbitrary distance I made up for my special pleading fallacy to work they are within walking distance
There is no special pleading fallacy. aNd i didn't made it up, we see them walking before the Magic take place. the distance is not arbitrary but established with what is seen in the episode. You have to explain why this reasoning wouldn't hold.
>The sound effect of a movie reel rolling seems pretty blatant
Blatant to what? what is your point?
>How do you know he is laughing?
we see him doing so.
>What suggest his magic is why Finn resembles a Hindu deity?
It's the simplest explanation. especially as he is behind the whole thing.
>Where is the effective transition.
when they are back at the museum.
>Can you begin to see why this episode is "lol so random"
because you can bring yourself to answer simple question with obvious solution? No, I don't see your point.
>Now then I can say that they didn't begin hallucinating until their predator instincts took over.
Never say that. And it's not arbitrary, it clealry start when they change into birds.
>Burden of Proof fallacy
You are the one making claim and acting like there is no other conclusion possible. You say that it is a fact that MM is not behind it. This is not a fallacy, there.
>>
File: 1481418390194.png (160KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481418390194.png
160KB, 450x450px
>>88347159
>arguing "Food Chain" isn't lol so fucking random XD"
Meme fits like a glove
https://youtu.be/VQFhd3X8p6g
Just fucking look at this shit
>>
>>88346972
>Irrelevant, camera angles can be attributed to randomness.
Camera angle doesn't make it "lol random".

You are saying it's "lol random" because there is a few transition you can't bring yourself to accept explanation that are obvious because they weren't spelled out ofr oyou. that doesn't make it "lol random".
>>88347072
>How so?
the intro set up the theme of the episode at the museum, establishing it is about food Chain and showcase Magic man as the cause of the transition to the next sections of the episode.
>How so?
Because basically every event follow a narrative logic and everything we see is fitting in the narrative.
>>
>>88347211
It's not lol random, it fit with the episode.
>>
>>88347211
This is all just silly semantics at this point. Is it just random, or is 'lol random xD'?

Obviously this style of episode is not your cup of tea, and I happened to enjoy it. Let's just leave it at that.
>>
Why are you fags still bitching about Magic Man and Food Chain, it's just a guest episode and it's plot was started by a psychopathic Martian
>>
>>88347179
>authoritarian fallacy
We don't need CN to describe what is happening.
http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Food_Chain#Plot
Here's the closest thing though, a peer reviewed consensus of what happened.

>walking distance
Define, your decision for this is arbitrary.

The reasoning doesn't hold because it is arbitrary. Where the hallucination began is clear, they were in the hallway. They should return from the hallucination where it began. Why is it walking distance? You have yet to justify this.

>we see him
Fair enough, but you don't know why. Regardless MM is always laughing and smiling.

>back at the Museum
There isn't an effective transition back, I know where they got to, it isn't know how they got there, therefore an ineffective transition.

>when they turned into birds
So then Magic Man didn't send them off to the desert.

I say burden of proof because you can't disprove a negative.
>>
>>88347307
Being relevant doesn't contradict that
>>
>>88347443
Being relevant means it's actually not "lol random".

It's abstract,but not random.
>>
>>88347286
It's lol random due to the execution. The entire episode's transitions, how it is storyboarded is why I referred to it as "lol so random"

>>88347286
>theme
Doesn't make it have a coherent storyline.
>>
>>88347459
Due to being abstract is why I consider it lol so random. When I referred to it as lol so random the episode, I meant that the storyboarder wrote it to be as random and abstract as possible.
>>
>>88343626
Why didn't I heed your warning...
>>
>>88347330
Because some anon shared their opinion >>88343234

Such a silly mistake, how dare he do that here?
>>
>>88347330
Nothing better to do?
>>
>>88347427
>>authoritarian fallacy
>We don't need CN to describe what is happening.
Sorry, I thought you were the one using an official description to prove me wrong.
>Here's the closest thing though, a peer reviewed consensus of what happened.
consensus doesn't mean truth, also, in this case, the creators of the story actually know whether or not it's a vision.

>Define, your decision for this is arbitrary.
It's not arbitray, and if the time they took to get in the hallway is less than the time the vision lasted, while walking at the same speed,then it's within walking distance.

>The reasoning doesn't hold because it is arbitrary. It's not arbitrary, as we actually see them walking while under the influence of the spell and the place they end up is just a few meters away.
>here the hallucination began is clear, they were in the hallway. They should return from the hallucination where it began.
There exist no obligation for that.
> Why is it walking distance?
Because they were walking and there is no implication they used a vehicle.
> You have yet to justify this.
I already have, several time.

>Fair enough, but you don't know why. Regardless MM is always laughing and smiling.
Because he is laughing at what he has done to Finn.

>There isn't an effective transition back, I know where they got to, it isn't know how they got there, therefore an ineffective transition.
There is. the vision fade out just like it fade in in the first place. The transition is effective, because it's done similarrly to how it trnasitionned to the food chain section in the first place.

>So then Magic Man didn't send them off to the desert.
How can you conclude to this?
>I say burden of proof because you can't disprove a negative.
Except I am not asking you to disprove a negative. i am asking you to proof a negative. You say it's impossible Magic Man transported them to the desert. I am asking you how you know this.
>>
>>88347493
But it has a coherent sotryline. hence why it'snot lol random.
>>88347530
But it's not random. everything we see is there for a reason.
>>
>>88296869
wait wait wait
there was a finale?
Adventure Time ENDED?
>>
>>88347798
SEASON finale, you dumbass.
>>
>>88347798
Season 7 finale. Still 2 seasons to go.
>>
>>88347798
season 7 finale you goof, although the series is ending with season 9 in 2018.
>>
>>88347673
Using an official source is only illogical when you claim what they say is true because of their position, and not explaining why they are right.

I never implied truth, but if you'd like a source that's as close as you're getting.

>not arbitrary
>assumtion without evidence
>special pleading

>no obligation
Then how do you know where their hallucination began? Ockam's Razor.

>I have justified walking distance
You haven't, you've only stated that they should be.

The vision never had a fade in. It's just a random episode.

>he's laughing at what he's done to Finn
How do you know? He magically transformed Finn after Finn finished his vision? Or is magic man insider the vision?

Can you see how we cannot agree on what is happening? It due to the ambiguitues and inconsistent way of telling the story. This is why I considered it random.

>>88347673
I'm not saying MM teleporting them to the desert is impossible, I'm saying it's inconsistent with what we see. If the hallucination, which is just the episode being, began at the hallway, he didn't send them to the desert, they flew there. You have nothing suggesting indisputable evidence in whether it was a hallucination or magic man using magic and influencing their experience.
Lol so random XD
>>
>>88343984
jesus christ 4chan is truly shit these days
>>
File: 1469684259834.jpg (5KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1469684259834.jpg
5KB, 225x224px
>>88347699
A moot point, anything could be argued to serve some sort of purpose.
>>
File: 1472092712801.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1472092712801.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>88347852
Might as well make that 2020 with CN shit scheduling
>yfw AT gets to experience its 10th anniversary
>>
>>88347992
The opposite of that is also true.
>>
>>88347824
>>88347839
>>88347852
shame
>>
>>88348045
So what? Your point is still moot.
>>
>>88348109
Your criteria for what is "lol random" is so vague, it ceases to be meaningful in any way. By your definitions, I could easily call every show "lol random." Your entire argument is moot.
>>
>>88347941
>Using an official source is only illogical when you claim what they say is true because of their position, and not explaining why they are right.
The reason they are right is because they are actually the one who know the motivation and intends of their character. They also know what they actually did and didn't. They are the one creating that universe, therefore, they are in better position to know their motivation.
>>assumtion without evidence
There was evidence, we see them still walkign while under the spell.
there is no special pleading.

>Then how do you know where their hallucination began? Ockam's Razor.
Ockam razor dictate that it started when MM flahsed his light at them.

>You haven't, you've only stated that they should be.
Not that they should be, but that we still see them walking after the spell is cast. Nothing forbid that they have kept walking.

>The vision never had a fade in.
But it does. ti start with them walking with their arm moving up and down and then we see them changing and transitioning to the desert. It's a fade in. Or if it is not a vision, it's the spell getting into effect and transitioning to its intended effect.
>How do you know?
i do not know, it's just the simplest explanation Ockam Razor.
> He magically transformed Finn after Finn finished his vision?
Or it could just be part of the vision too. Not ice how nobody seems to care Finn is an hinuu deity. an explanation might be that it's only Finn perceiving himself as such.

>Can you see how we cannot agree on what is happening?
Because you refuse to accept straightforward explantion because you are not 100% sure the story is backing it up? No good story explain everything all the time. sometime, it assume the reader can connect the dots together and avoid being too descriptive, which can be bad.
>>
File: 1459123679961.png (1MB, 1280x1247px) Image search: [Google]
1459123679961.png
1MB, 1280x1247px
How long until we get to see our favorite lesbians?
>>
File: 1481417959743.jpg (104KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1481417959743.jpg
104KB, 872x685px
>>88348190
Vague doesn't mean without criteria.
>>
>>88348235
I don't care either way, but if they're going to do it, they should actually develop it properly. We don't want another Korrasami on our hands.
>>
>>88348274
True. Your criteria is vague as well.
>>
File: ice king escapes the binary .png (549KB, 1280x945px) Image search: [Google]
ice king escapes the binary .png
549KB, 1280x945px
>>88348235
Hopefully never. Their relationship should solely be based on phileo love.
>>
>>88347941
>It due to the ambiguities and inconsistent way of telling the story. This is why I considered it random.
But the fact is, there is no inconsistencies. For it to have an inconsistency, contradiction is required, one that no explanation can provide a satisfying solution. If there is a simple explanation, even if it is not 100% backed with the story, then, it can not be considered an inconsistency.
>I'm not saying MM teleporting them to the desert is impossible, I'm saying it's inconsistent with what we see.
How? there is no contradiction. one doesn't exclude the other. we see nothing showing, or even hinting that MM is only responsible for one of the two things.
> If the hallucination, which is just the episode being, began at the hallway, he didn't send them to the desert, they flew there. Y
If it's an hallucination, they never flew there, they stayed within the museum.
>You have nothing suggesting indisputable evidence in whether it was a hallucination
But I have provided hint that it might be.
>or magic man using magic and influencing their experience.
they are under the spell of Magic man the whole time. This is how they change species along the way.

There is nothing random, there. it follow a pattern and result in a conclusion that relate to their experience.
>>
>>88343984
Well, that being said, he lie in a magical world where a prosthetic can easily be fixed.

But I guess it help to follow the story of an idealized character you can relate to managing to sort out his issues.
>>
>>88348213
>we seem him walking
To where? You're assuming they strolled right back to the them sitting down despite hallucinating.

Okhams Razor dictates there was no hallucination and Magic Man was just interfering with their experiences.

>nothing forbid they'd quit walking
Undergoing a hallucination? Much less walking straight back to where they started.

There is no fade to the desert, there's a scene shift. Ockham's Razor dictates they flew to the desert.

I agree great stories have ambiguities, but it's about intention and purpose. Not how someone got to one place to another.
>>
>>88348314
Without an indisputable and unanimous definition doesn't mean vague either.
>>
Well I missed a huge argument about Food Chain it seems.

Personally I thought it was just fine; the use of Magic Man wasn't very in character with how he usually acts, but that's okay, it's non canon and I think the show proper has used him the same way a few times in the past.

Regardless of that the episode is totally worth it for the animation and coloring, all of which is sweet as hell. There are some moments Finn and Jake are drawn weirdly but that's all the bad in it. The writing was actually pretty funny too at times.

I think it's very solid and easily better than every other guest animated episode aside Glitch. I suppose it certainly was random but I thought it had enough order in it to not be completely ridiculous and unenjoyable.
>>
File: Snu-Snu Time with Finn & Susan.jpg (295KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
Snu-Snu Time with Finn & Susan.jpg
295KB, 720x900px
>>88348235
That can wait. For now, it's Snu-Snu Time.
>>
>>88348338
>there are no inconsistencies
If it's a hallucination, they should have came back to where it stared.

>nothing random
This is an exaggeration to such an extent that you have to go as broad as having a pattern, a beginning middle and end to even consider it not random. THAT is why I consider it lol so random. Look at how broad you need to go.
>>
>>88346759
I remember thinking it was one of the worst of season 7. It was the most stilted and slow that the show's been in quite some time. Even though it had some interesting concepts and I actually liked robo Betty thing the episode on its own is pretty crap.

And I'm still annoyed that they turned the maze Simon was talking about into an actual maze. Like Jesus Christ show, don't be so damn literal with it, you understand what a metaphor is, you've used them before.
>>
>>88348506
What would our nigga Ice King say if he met Susan, she's basically a bara amazon version of Fionna.
>>
>>88348602
Happened in a comic, I believe.
>>
File: 1481418026087.jpg (36KB, 450x386px) Image search: [Google]
1481418026087.jpg
36KB, 450x386px
>>88348506
>that can wait
Like hell, I need more fanart and Fubblefag tears right now
>>
>>88348418
>To where? You're assuming they strolled right back to the them sitting down despite hallucinating.
Well, the end of the episode they ended up where they are seen when we see them back in he museum. My point is, it's in no way impossible and quite easy.

Nothing indicate it's impossible for them to have moved while hallucinating.

>Okhams Razor dictates there was no hallucination and Magic Man was just interfering with their experiences.
Except no, as Hallucination provide much simpler explanation for everything we see.
>interferring
He is behind the whole of it.

>Undergoing a hallucination? Much less walking straight back to where they started.
They have much more time to get back there than it took them to walk away from it in the first place. Even with wobbling right and left, there is plenty enough.

>There is no fade to the desert
Yes there is. they are first walking while moving their arms up and down, then as they transform, the museum scenery slide down and they are in the sky. I never said they used rippling effect, simply that the transition was instantaneous.
> Ockham's Razor dictates they flew to the desert.
No Ockham's Razor dictates they either got magiced to the desert, or started hallucinating, as the museum hallway has a rof and we see them fly into the sky. Meaning that there was either magic or hallucination.

The way Ockham's Razor work is, for all the explanation that are actually able to provide a solution, you take the simplest one as it is the easiest one to work with and disproof. Once an explanation is disproved, you do not state it i impossible but take the next simplest solution up until none work. only then can you say it is impossible.
>>
>>88348622
Did Ice King hit on Susan. Drawfags, where's the porn
>>
>>88348649
don't be such a greedy slut, Bubbline has such an astronomical amount of fanart it's unbelievable. and Fubble nerds are always crying.
>>
>>88348602
>>88348622
Candy Capers #4. Ice King gets Susan to put on a bunny hat and starts calling her Fionna until she gets tired of his shit.
>>
>>88348575
>If it's a hallucination, they should have came back to where it stared.
Why? why is it impossible for them to have wobble back to the food chain expo.
>This is an exaggeration to such an extent that you have to go as broad as having a pattern, a beginning middle and end to even consider it not random. THAT is why I consider it lol so random. Look at how broad you need to go.
I don't need to be board. Everything follow a logic and everything get an explanation or has a working explanation.
>>
>>88348587
I was disappointed by its pacing and with what little saw of Petrikov and Betty. But it was still enjoyable, not as good as the rest of Season 7 though.
>>
>>88347575
Hey sometimes you have to learn these things for yourself. But at least you're a little wiser now.

It's hard to resist getting caught up in these argument cycles. But just remember that the person you're arguing with is just one person. In a place where people can view your exchanges it's best to just clearly lay out your position, so that the other people reading the exchange can judge for themselves. It's much more valuable to convince them. If the other person doesn't know how to accept a loss you'll never get anywhere with them, and you'll both just spam the thread until it hits the bump limit, prematurely killing it off.

It's hard not to have the last say, but there's no value in a shallow post just for the sake of getting the last word in. Any logical spectator can see that and can see who the real winner of an argument is even your opponent can't.
>>
>>88346759
I liked it. The exploration of Simon's madness is always interesting to see.

Seeing all the other wearer of the crown was nice too.
>>
>>88348587
>And I'm still annoyed that they turned the maze Simon was talking about into an actual maze. Like Jesus Christ show, don't be so damn literal with it
You are aware that this is basically the Ice King's mind we see, right?
>>
File: Candy Capers 04 023.jpg (149KB, 599x612px) Image search: [Google]
Candy Capers 04 023.jpg
149KB, 599x612px
>>88348674
Oh yes.
>>
Let's talk about Islands niggas:

I'm sad that it's airing at the beginning of season 8 and not later near the end of the show. If anything I would consider more humans to be season finale potential. Finn's always been the "last human" since the show began, and throughout the series they've quite slowly built up the past of humanity in general and trickled in the fact that other humans or pseudo-humans existed, like Simon, Betty, Moe, Susan, so on. So I think Finn actually finding a whole, huge colony of pure blood humans would be a big deal for him.

So I think there's something lost by not having this be the ending of the show. Not saying I want it to end earlier, but I just wish the order was different. If the show ended with Finn either being content and satisfied with the knowledge that he's not alone in the world, or heck, even deciding to live and stay with his own kind or something, that would probably be a more effective and structured ending than anything else we can get.
What other sorts of endings even are there other than that? Just them defeating the Lich for the fifteenth time? A flash forward to the future or something? There's not much else they could do.

What do you homos think?
>>
>>88348662
>monkey at the type writer theorum
You're going to do a 360 turning around, walk back to where you started, take a seat, and wait for your hallucination to finish? Illogical.

>hallicination provides a more accurate statement
You're only defending this because you know that Magic Man only trasnformed them into organisms, and not the rest if the randomness the episode held.
>he is behind it all
While this may be the case, it doesn't mean that because Magic Man made the episode filled with randomness, it is no longer random. Not in a general sense no. The episode is clearly random, just influenced by MM.

You're mis-using what a fade is. It's just a camera changing an angle. Fades usually involved layering the next scene while being semi-transparent.

The problem is neither case has indisputable evidence. They can both be argued. The hallucination has more problems, working with something being not impossible, therefore is the case
>>
>>88348710
See here >>88348854
>>
>>88348842
Honestly I think adding in a colony of humans now is better then doing it at the end. A lot of people have gotten bored of the show. Having these humans and their problems could give the show new and fresh stuff to work with in its last 2 seasons.
>>
>ctrl+f: (You)
>117 results
Well I'll call this a good day
>>
>>88348842
I guess it depends on what comes after this. If the human tribe's existence is never acknowledged again once the mini series is over, then perhaps it would've been better off being kept for the end. But if Finn visits them again in the future, or if some of them come to Ooo, or if anything else happens that keeps them relevant, I think it's fine. Besides, it seems to be getting the attention of some people that drifted away from the series, so that's good.
>>
>>88348916
I guess, but I honestly think I'd take a good ending over just something to get people interested again.

I'm sure the creators think otherwise though, I don't know exactly how compensation works and if they get more money or benefits if the show is more popular but I'm sure they would be happier if more people tuned in. Probably my lofty position as a fan whose livelihood doesn't depend on the show coloring my opinion there.

>>88348964
I think it's a one time thing man, but I guess Finn could still make the journey again back there at the end of the show.
>>
>>88348854
>You're going to do a 360 turning around, walk back to where you started, take a seat, and wait for your hallucination to finish? Illogical.
There is nothing illogical to end up in walking distance of where your started. and it doesn't need to be a straight line.
Mind you,, but it's a theory, but it's not impossible that each section of the food chain part was triggered by hallucinating Finn oogling at each animal of the food chain exposition.
>You're only defending this because you know that Magic Man only trasnformed them into organisms, and not the rest if the randomness the episode held.
Actually, If it's an hallucination, Magic man never transformed them and only give them vision of it. If it is not a Vision, then he changed them and transported them to the setting established by the Food Chain exposition.
>While this may be the case, it doesn't mean that because Magic Man made the episode filled with randomness, it is no longer random.
But my point is, it didn't fill the episode with randomness. if he had, then I would have agreed with you, it would be "lol random".

But the thing is, from start to finish, it follow the magic spell follow the pattern established by the Food Chain, therefore, it is not random.

>You're mis-using what a fade is. It's just a camera changing an angle. Fades usually involved layering the next scene while being semi-transparent.
I was broadening the term. But if your prefer, let say there was a non-immediate transition. A transition can be allowed to be, well, transitional.

>The hallucination has more problems
The fact is, it actually has less, as most of the complain you raised stop being an issue if this is an hallucination.
>>
>>88348904
see>>88349015
>>
File: 1471447731434.jpg (46KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1471447731434.jpg
46KB, 600x549px
>>88348676
>astromical amount of fanart
I've seen it all

>Fubble is always crying
Not nearly enough anymore

I need more tears to rub bubbline fanart in their faces.
>>
>>88348842
>f anything I would consider more humans to be season finale potential.
I disagree, I want to see the long term consequences of Finn interacting with the humans. it can only be done over the run of several episodes.
>>
>>88349067
Why did I word that so autistically

>I need more bubbline fanart to rub in the tears of fubblefags
much better
>>
>>88349067
>needing a shot glass
there's your problem.
>>
>>88349006
We definitely have enough open plot lines accumulated over the years to deliver a good ending if they can satisfyingly wrap them up in the last two seasons. New humans or no new humans.
>>
>>88349244
This is true, it just really comes down to what direction they take it. There's so many ways the series could possibly end and I really hope they choose a good one.
>>
File: latest.png (1MB, 1227x1019px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 1227x1019px
>>88349277
Who /endgame/?
>>
>>88349319
If PB and Marcie are actually bi and ever got a shot at being together, then it already happened in the past.

They are clear friends. And if an intimate relationship is the source of their long friendship, it has long been finished. and now they are BFF.
>>
>>88349319
Probably true but I care little for it. At this point they are total pussies if they don't confirm it in some way though, not saying a kiss is needed but some level of confirmation. Saying "oh yeah man it's totally canon but censors" is the biggest bitch nigga thing they could do.

Man I freaking hope the ending isn't focused on Bubbline, that would be stupid as hell. Fan pandering at its finest.
>>
>>88349390
>At this point they are total pussies if they don't confirm it in some way thoug
What if they always intended for them to be friend in the first place. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>88349390
>ending on bubbline
I hope not, finale should center on Finn and Jake. My head canon

>ending scene shows Finn and Jake together
>talking about the badass battle they just overcame
>Finn ask Jake what time it is
>Together:ADVENTURE TIME
>>
File: 1481418549822.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481418549822.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>88349533
>just friends
You can only deny for so long
>>
>>88348842
I think they made it this way because they didn't know if they were gonna get the show renewed for a ninth season. So they solved Finn's arc at least in case the show ended abruptly. I feel the AT writers knew the time to cut plug was coming since they came up with the concept for the miniseries Stakes
>>
>>88349533
Then they really screwed up in season 7 by having them be waaaay to close to just be female bros. They were basically queer baiting, which isn't that big of a deal but it shows they're pussies since they imply the lesbos all they want but when push comes to shove they're like "Actually, they're just very close friends!"

Even if that was the original intent I don't think they want to turn all the Bubbline fans rabid. It'll either end with full on lesbo confirmation or no confirmation.

>>88349562
Eh, that's pretty cheesy man. I'd like it to be some shit like Finn moving out or going on a journey by himself or something, a sign that the Finn and Jake dynamic is changing. It would be cool to see as a final confirmation that Finn's an adult now.
>>
>>88349375
They are far closer than any other "friendship" we see though. Especially between a female friendship
>>
>>88349630
As long as the final scene is "Adventure Time" I'm sure one could think of a better set-up
>>
>>88349015
>mental gymnastics to justify it not being random
How does it feel wasting hours of your life?
>>
I hope they don't confirm bubbleline just so I drink all the bubbleline fan tears
>>
>>88349730
>implying
The day approaches closer every second.
>>
>>88349630
>by having them be waaaay to close to just be female bros.
You know they can behave like this, right?
>They were basically queer baiting, which isn't that big of a deal but it shows they're pussies since they imply the lesbos all they want but when push comes to shove they're like "Actually, they're just very close friends!"
Or maybe they are BFF?

>Even if that was the original intent I don't think they want to turn all the Bubbline fans rabid. It'll either end with full on lesbo confirmation or no confirmation.
Well, It doesn't need for them to outright say "yes we are both straight and never fucked", that would ba a bit too forced to say, but I don't consider coward if they don't give no confirmation. They behaved like tow female BFF, it doesn't need to be given justification.
>>
>>88349804
They are clearly BFF, but after Broke His Crown you have to be in denial to think this goes nowhere
>>
>>88349804
They can behave like that but it's certainly not the norm, and I'm pretty sure they pushed it way too far if that was the intention. It's a possibility but I don't think it's likely.

It's kind of the hole they dug themselves, if they didn't want the relationship to be romantic then they should have stopped with the implications after What Was Missing, but instead they quintupled down on them so now they gotta put their money where their mouth is.
>>
>>88349908
this
>>
Very nice AT thread
>>
>>88349908
>>88349906
>but after Broke His Crown you have to be in denial to think this goes nowhere
Honestly, how so? It can as well be seen as a friend being there for her friend.

I am not sure they dug a hole, they made them interact consistently with themselves.

As I pointed out there >>88349375
if there was ever something between them, it's long in the past. They don't act like a couple, they act either as friend, or as an ex couple whose story come to a closure long ago, but still managed to remain in good term.
>>
>>88349277
I think the Lich should emerge again for the final arc of the show.

That would be the most fitting ending for me.
>>
File: THB Marcy & Bonnie.png (459KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
THB Marcy & Bonnie.png
459KB, 1280x720px
>>88350126
>they don't act like a couple
I'm not saying they're romantic, but after Varmints, Checkmate, and Broke His Crown they certainly aren't friends. Especially when we have seen actual female best friends. LSP and Marcy are not as close as PB and Marcy, but are best friends. You're the type of anons I'm going to laugh at when the next bubbline episode airs
>>
>>88350307
>LSP and Marcy are not as close as PB and Marcy, but are best friends.
You can only have one best friend.
>You're the type of anons I'm going to laugh at when the next bubbline episode airs
I don't mind if they end up together, but I am just saying there is no obligation.

Let's also point out that their relationship is unique in the sense that they have know each other for several centuries and that their lemev of intimacy can as well be explained by the fact they are the only one who can really relate to each other as long lasting women than as being lover or ex-lovers.

Fuck, they have probably fought together agaisnt dangerous foes in the past, not just when Finn was around. Being Sister-in-arm is as well an explanation on how they relate to each other.

My point is, it doesn't always have to be a romantic relationship.
Thread posts: 564
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.