[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: infinity-gauntlet-5.jpg (17KB, 229x300px) Image search: [Google]
infinity-gauntlet-5.jpg
17KB, 229x300px
Should the MCU do the farmer Thanos ending?

How would you feel if they did? Would it even work?
>>
I really hope not. You can't have the villain kill half the Universe and then get off scott free by getting to live on a farm.

One thing that's good about casual movie viewers is that they don't easily accept nonsensical shit like that.
>>
>>88296317
>they don't easily accept nonsensical shit like that.
their mentality is literally its ok if marvel does it
>>
its kinda too late to do anything deep with the mcu thanos character. he's just a generic big bad there.
>>
>>88296317
I don't think they'll use him for anything else after IW.
>>
File: Thanos.jpg (276KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos.jpg
276KB, 1024x683px
>feels cosmic man

mite b cul
>>
>>88296317
It worked in the comics because Starlin gave us a lot of insight into his character. Infinite Gauntlet wasn't the first time we were introduced to Thanos.
>>
>>88297802
>too late
He's had two lines of dialogue.
>>
thanos is a darkseid ripoff.
>>
>>88297826
They wouldn't have to, Thanos didn't have to come back in the comics either for it to be a meaningful ending.
>>
>>88296376
Farmer Thanos is about a million times better written than Thanos at any other point in that comic though. I mean, to be honest, I finally got around to reading that event and it's actually dogshit. It's really fucking bad. Nobody who makes fun of Civil War or Civil War 2 or Secret Wars 2 should be a fan of Infinity War.

Infinity War is fucking bad. There are no stakes, it's blatantly mashing action figures together, the heroes' "plan" is completely nonsensical and designed only to give Adam Warlock a reach-around, it indulges in shock value for impact and Thanos is written as a petty whiny manchild for 90% of the event.
>>
Considering there are people who can't comprehend the sweetness of Maguire's Parker in SM2, and call him a weak pussy. Or those same people wanted Megan Fox as Wonder Woman "because she's hot" (I've met such people), I know this ending will have them call Thanos a weaklinkg for years to come, but I don't give a shit.

I want it.
>>
>>88298190
This is correct, but through much of the period leading up to the Infinity Gauntlet storyline Darkseid was kind of a lame villain, not written well or even used very often.
It took the Great Darkness Saga and Legends to bring him back up to his epic badass threat level.
>>
>>88298137
>not remembering Guardians of the Galaxy
he's as generic as it gets
>>
File: Video_ (127).webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Video_ (127).webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>88299693
i agree.
>>
>>88296376
You can actually. There's no rule written that says a villain has to die or be put under arrest at the end of an story. The fact movie goers wouldn't accept an ending like that even if it's done really well, goes to prove the really low IQ they have an expect from their capeshit.
>>
>>88299431
I only keep the book on my shelve because of George Perez art and it isn't even part of his greatest work.
>>
>>88299825
You can always add to generic, not sure what makes you think otherwise.
>>
>>88299948
It's not a fact, it's anon's speculation.
This "everyone is stupid except me" attitude isn't healthy.
>>
>>88296317
I like it for Infinity Gauntlet, not so much for this. It worked because it came at the end of a long period of Thanos trying and failing to do one thing, and coming to a realization about himself. We're only going to get 2 movies of full-on Thanos, so it would feel out of left field.
>>
>>88300601
it's not just speculation it has some basis in the way the MCU has been handled. See how Guardians of the Galaxy is just comedy for retards instead of an space epic with a bit of humor.
>>
>>88296317
> He goes to live on Hawkeye's farm.
>>
>>88297856
Brolin looks so awesome in that set pic.
>>
>>88296317
I WILL BATHE THE STARWAYS IN FERTILIZER TO GROW NEW PLANTS!
>>
>>88301882
How fucking great would that actually be though? Like Marvel does a whole movie that is just Thanos and Hawkeye's kids hanging out? I would watch that. I would read that.
>>
>>88301936
This is also an unironically great idea.
>>
How do people want the fight of Avengers vs Thanos to go down?
>>
>>88296317
They won't. He'll either die explosively, or mysteriously vanish. You know, like nearly every single fucking mcu villain to date.
>>
>>88299431
Honestly, I think the whole 'mashing action figures together' thing is a big reason why it could make for a cool movie.
>>
>>88301798
Oh my god you are such a fucking retard
>>
>>88302244
It needs to have a bit more impact and weight behind it than it does in the comic, then.
>>
>>88302282
Why, because he's absolutely right?
>>
I'd love a mini series of Thanos and Surfer riding the cosmos and navel-gazing, Easy Rider style.
>>
>>88296376
No need to preserve him as alive as most of the principles will be old men by then so it's time for a reboot anyway.

Investments of that kind of money want as much bang for the buck and that means the villain gets it in the end. Heath Ledger's Joker was the anomaly rather than the rule.
>>
>>88296376
Who says he's going to kill half the universe?
>>
>>88302239
Hey, it's better to leave your villains alive so they can keep coming back for revenge and in the process kill more people.
>>
>>88296317
If it was me, I'd go with the ending to the Cosmic Cube story line they did in the Ultimate Fantastic Four comics, wherein Reed disabled the Cube's fail-safes and it picked up on Thanos' desire for Death and so he essentially killed himself.

I could see them conceivably doing something similar with the Gauntlet, especially if Vision's consciousness is still present in the Mind Stone, though it'd probably be Cap or Tony that gets him to pull the trigger, so to speak.
>>
>>88302239
and setup the next boss, Annihilus
>>
>>88299431
It really does feel like a simple story Starlin wanted to do to tie up his 70's work that got blown up to be a big company wide thing. I mean remove every hero except Silver Surfer and Warlock and you don't change much
>>
>>88302319
He's absolutely wrong
>>
>>88299431
>Farmer Thanos is about a million times better written than Thanos at any other point in that comic though.
That's just, like, your opinion man.

>I finally got around to reading that event and it's actually dogshit
Oh, nevermind. You just have dog shit taste.
>>
>>88296317
i hope so and it can work if done like this. have him actually killing the avengers in the finale. then you show him to have ruled as GOD for millions of years. he becomes bored realizing that it is no fun ruling as god without any real challenges. it was more fun to become a god with real challenges. so he goes back in time to the final battle with the avengers and loses on purpose. warlock or somebody recovers the gauntlet then undoes all thanos created. The movies final scene is a conversation between warlock and thanos on the farm where thanos confesses why he gave up being all powerful. cementing thanos as the greatest villain in a cbm. warlock disperses the gems to other dimensions or some thing. the end of pure capekino.
>>
>>88302178
>My Friend Thanos
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.