[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was this a good adaptation of the classic Christmas story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: A_Christmas_Carol.jpg (126KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
A_Christmas_Carol.jpg
126KB, 509x755px
So was this a good adaptation of the classic Christmas story?
>>
I personally liked it.
Having Jim Carrey voice not just Scrooge but all the ghost to be a reflection of Scrooge was a neat idea.
>>
I just can't do the motion capture

Plus the action sequences and setpieces designed for 3D looked like a rail shooter game
>>
>>88278551
2/10 regret seeing it
>>
The motion capture suffers a lot of the same problems as Polar Express did. However, there's some amazing landscape and scenery shots. Voice acting was solid 8/10 and it's one of the only adaptions that covers the darker parts of the book. I think it's worth watching.
>>
Haven't seen it, but it's gonna be hard to beat the Muppet's version.

Also, this movie is apparently from ImageMovers (The Polar Express, Beowulf, and Mars Needs Moms) so that makes me cautious.

>>88278612
I will agree though, having Jim play all those characters is interesting.
>>
>>88278551
Pretty sure that Ghost of Christmas Present part gave children nightmares.
>>
>>88278881
Well I would say this and Polar Express are the only good things ImageMovers made.
>>
>>88278936
Polar Express was "Eh" to me.

Not terrible, but I can't say I'd go out of my way to watch it.

It's been a while though so maybe I'm wrong. It's possibly leagues better than Beowulf if that means anything.
>>
>>88278551
It's a full on 8/10.

Certainly a classic but there are many better Christmas films there, this is still a great film, though.

>>88278723
I think Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV did motion capture very well.
>>
>>88278986
Maybe "good" wasn't the right word. I can watch that and Christmas Carol and enjoy it for what it is, but it's an absolute chore to try and sit through Beowulf and Mars.
>>
>>88278881
>>88278936

Beowulf was GOAT.
>>
>>88279062
The only way I can see myself watching Beowulf and not contemplate suicide afterwards, is by watching the Rifftrax version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjkN4feMuJQ
>>
>>88278551
It was shit, This is the best adaptation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUZfW1W_CMM
>>
7/10

thing is, if you've read the book, or already enjoy one of the other adaptations, this will pale in comparison

also; the muppets version is great

also, also; Bill Murray's 'Scrooged'
>>
I just stumbled on this fun "400 versions across different mediums" supercut version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF_rKE3nIoI

There's another one from a few years ago that's more focused on utilizing about ten versions to do it as true to text as possible, but I'm having trouble finding it again.
>>
>>88278551
8/10, the stupid Christmas Future chase harmed it. Otherwise fantastic, great soundtrack.

Scrooge 1951 is still the best Christmas Carol adaptation.
>>
I just don't get the point of motion capturing Jim Carrey and then animating him. It's like having Cee Lo Green guest star in your cartoon and then you run all of his singing through an autotuner.
>>
>>88279246
>Best animated adaptation
Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
>Best live action adaptation
Scrooge (1951)
>Best comedic adaptation
Scrooged
>Best theme adaptation
Muppet Christmas Carol

Honorable Mentions:
A Christmas Carol (Disney), The Flintstones Christmas Carol, Epic Rap Battles of History Christmas Carol
>>
>>88279196
That is certainly well animated and well performed, but it cuts a few things that remain in other versions that I kinda miss, like Fred's game of What Is It? But this gets bonus points for the Ghost of Christmas Present part where they actually visit poor people like miners and sailors all singing the carol. I don't see many versions that really make you feel the point of the title like that scene does. And more points for including Want and Ignorance.
>>
>>88278551
I liked it. It had a bit too much slapstick for my liking but it did enough new to make it memorable as a Christmas Carol adaption.
>>
>>88278551
Very good.
>>
Scrooge was a good boy
>>
>>88278551
Of the ones I've seen:
George C. Scott one
Muppet one
Scrooge McDuck one
Patrick Stewart one
Alastair Sim one
Bill Murray one
Any other one
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-06-18-55-23.png (741KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-06-18-55-23.png
741KB, 1920x1080px
Damn this was a good one
>>
File: 03.jpg (479KB, 1024x1575px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
479KB, 1024x1575px
>>88285409
That one's my personal favorite, though it's condensed. Scrooge as Scrooge is who I think of through any reading.

Here's another great bastardization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlLMriJ1J8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXrIxxzQeI
>>
File: patton.jpg (34KB, 685x360px) Image search: [Google]
patton.jpg
34KB, 685x360px
>>88280724
>No George C Scott version.

Is taste this bad physically painful for you?
>>
>>88278551
Yes
>>
So no one has the webms of the ghosts?
>>
>No mention of Scrooge: the Musical with Albert Finney

Yes, there is a Scrooge: the Musical.

Yes, it is EXACTLY as corny and enjoyable as you'd think it is.

Yes, you should watch it immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DopWfOB2XX8
>>
File: Muppet-Christmas-Carol-poster.jpg (408KB, 1078x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Muppet-Christmas-Carol-poster.jpg
408KB, 1078x1500px
>>88278551
The best
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.