[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REGULAR SHOW DESERVES TO LIVE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 960.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
What's the point of canceling this show? It's still great. It still gets high ratings. SpongeBob still exists and it's been terrible for over 12 years. Adventure Time still exists and it's been terrible forever. Of all the still-being-made cartoons, Regular Show is one of maybe 2 or 3 that actually deserves to still be made.

If they're having trouble selling merch or something, maybe they should just hire a new marketing director.

If Stuart Snyder were still around I'll bet this wouldn't be happening.
>>
It's ending, not cancelled.
Pops will probably start the big bang or something.
>>
>>88266296
Isn't it ending because it was canceled?
>>
>>88266177
Because CN would rather kill off all its other shows so it can play YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW on a loop all day every day. Hell, they had a 3-day marathon of it Thanksgiving weekend, and played a whole day's worth of it the following Saturday.

>>88266383
You are correct. They were canceled, so they had to end it on their terms rather than a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.
>>
Wikipedia says RS is the only Cartoon Network show ever besides AT to get an 8th season.

This just reeks of stubbornness. RS is still pulling in ratings comparable to Clarence, Gumball, and AT. Why not cut the budget and keep going? Good cartoons are hard to come by and while Regular Show has its mediocre episodes, it's one of the few cartoons (kid or adult) that has actually been consistently above average in terms of quality.

I hope it gets picked up by another network
>>
>>88267480
I'd still would've liked RS to be moved to Adult Swim to have less restrictions, as long as they didn't go full Ren and Stimpy I think the show could've improved.
>>
>>88267525
I'd rather that than them cancel it, just to see how it would be, but I think Adult Swim turns everything it touches to shit. Sometimes restrictions are good, it forces them to be more clever and creative instead of taking the easy way out which is what most [AS] seem to do.

For example "how the H are we going to fix this S" is a lot more memorable and amusing than "how the hell are we going to fix this [beep]" which is what you'd get on Adult Swim. Or worse.

Even on shows where they're clever regardless of the lack of restrictions, sometimes it's refreshing to watch a good cartoon that's not vulgar.
>>
>>88266177
>Adventure Time still exists and it's been better than Regular Show forever.
>>
>>88269654
Stop with the jokes anon, April fool's day isn't for another couple months
>>
>>88266177
maybe they are ending it because spongebob should have been ended 12 years ago is what you're not getting it.

maybe they're just letting this decent show end before it ferments into fucking dog shit.
>>
>>88270894
That would be a good argument if it showed signs of being like SpongeBob, but it really hasn't. There are the glory seasons but it's always been good.

The one big difference is Quintel is still involved in RS. Once Hillenburg left that was the end of it.
>>
>>88266383
Technically it just wasn't renewed so it's ending.

Canceling a show means stopping production effective immediately.
>>
>>88266177
Because it was greenlit under the old regime. Now that Snyder's replacement has fully settled in, she is going after the golden children he left behind.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.