[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Lion King

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: LION-KING-INTRO.jpg (42KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
LION-KING-INTRO.jpg
42KB, 660x350px
what do you think about this movie?
(not fandom, not fanart, but what do you think about the movie itself)
>>
Peak disney
>>
It's well-crafted, well-written, and has good musical numbers (mostly).

What most people don't realize is that they used animals as a way to explore African aesthetic/musical themes without showing black people, which would have lost them ticket sales. See: Princess and the Frog bombing.
>>
File: IMG_2431.png (232KB, 331x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2431.png
232KB, 331x320px
>>88265846
>>
>>88265909
>>
>>88265932
Frog bombed because of avatar
>>
It's Hamlet: The Musical, with lions.

Kind of hard to dislike Hamlet: the Musical, with lions.
>>
It's resolution was subpar compared to the rest of the movie. The rest of the movie being 10/10.
>>
kimba the white lion ripoff, made the VA of simba confused when he noticed that.
>>
The art/designs/animation was all fucking fantastic, but I'm one of those assholes who remain convinced that Disney liberally curbed notes and themes from Kimba the White Lion/Jungle Emporer Leo to make this film. It came off as rather blatant after seeing the comparisons, but I also concede that it's borderline rip-off/ inspiration territory now more than I used to.
>>
>>88266096

apparently this movie had 11 rewrites, i guess they writers were tired as fuck and said "fuck it, let's borrow stuff from japan, no one will notice"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOHjktwvqdE
>>
Pumbaa has a fuckable ass.
>>
>>88265909
This.

I was thinking about Moana and how formulaic it felt. I kept thinking about the "hero's journey" and all of the archetypes it touched upon. I blamed my boredom on being able to dissect it so easily, but was wrong about it.

The Lion King too follows the "hero's journey" and has similar archetypes used in the story-telling of Moana, but here's the kicker:

It wasn't shallow.

Maybe I'm just old, cynical, and need to take of my nostalgia frames, but The Lion King felt as though I was there. Suspension of disbelief was very strong.

Moana clearly drew inspiration from old Disney movies, but it felt devoid of any life. The greatest emotion I experienced while watching it was during the "We Know the Way" scene because it involved more than just two characters having modern popular jargon banters with one another between non-threatening conflicts.

The Lion King takes you across an entire emotional range of childish joy and wonder, to fear, to sorrow and mourning, rebellion, hope, love, triumph.

Many Disney movies (including those that came before) don't really give me any of those sensations even though they make an attempt to illicit them.

Also, I like lions.
>>
>>88266229
His farts are potent enough to disintegrate your genitals. If that's how you want to die...
>>
>>88266207
>le lion king is a ripoff
can this meme die please
>>
>>88265846
NANTS
>>
>>88266861
INGONYAMA
>>
>>88266944
BAGITHI
>>
>hyenas have african-american and hispanic accents or speak gibberish
>lions have white-american and british accents
>scar, the darkest lion, takes over and decrees the lions and hyenas will live together in peace
>everything goes to shit
>simba returns and kicks out the hyenas and restores the land

This movie couldn't be made today...
>>
>>88268814
>hispanic accents

You're full of shit.
>>
>>88269120
The voice actor for that hyena is mexican, so yeah, hispanic.
>>
>>88266207
>embedding a corporate buzzfeed like shit.
>>
>>88265932
I remember reading something about kimba the white lion series being racist because of having the only black people being savages.

>>88266207
Didn't Disney train the animators for kimba on how to do colored animation? Or am I completely wrong on that?
>>
"To Die For" is still pretty much the first music that comes to mind for "shit is about to go down" moment.
>>
>>88268814
Also
>Scar looks Arabic
>>
>>88272143
That's because his animator is the same guy that drew jafaar in aladdin
>>
File: avatar.jpg (113KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
113KB, 630x1200px
>>88265932
>without showing black people, which would have lost them ticket sales. See: Princess and the Frog bombing.
Oh yeah, that's TOTALLY the reason why it bombed.

I'm also sure Winnie the Pooh bombing while released the same weekend as Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows was just a coincidence right?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.