[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantagraphics launches Superhero Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

All-Time Comics

>Today, Fantagraphics announced that it will publish a line of superhero books dubbed All Time Comics – a project spearheaded by alternative cartoonist and writer Josh Bayer. Created alongside his brother Samuel Bayer (a longtime director behind music videos including Nirvana’s classic “Smells Like Teen Spirit”), the All Time line will consist of six individual but interconnected superhero stories featuring both veteran mainstream artists and some genre-bending cartoonists behind modern indie favorites. The series launches this March with “Crime Destroyer” #1, featuring the last art of longtime “Hulk” artist Herb Trimpe who passed away suddenly last year. That comic will also feature contributions from prolific “Night Business” creator Ben Marra and covers by “Street Angel’s” Jim Rugg and “Prison Pit’s” Johnny Ryan. From there, Bayer will write comics including “Bullwhip,” “Atlas” and “Blind Justice” for artists past and present.
http://www.cbr.com/fantagraphics-launches-superhero-universe/

These are the end times.
>>
>>88265077
Makes sense. Tons of dudes in the comics fringe are doing superhero tribute stuff so capitalizing on that and giving it a space might work out.
>>
>>88265077
Wish rugg was going more than just covers but it seems like street angel is the only comic he draws these days which makese sense I guess given its his pet project. I also wanna see what older artists they get for this
>>
>>88265077
But will it be the usual cape shit, or parody/deconstruction, i..e a real comic?
>>
>>88265197
Bayer is clearly a fan of old Marvel stuff so I can see real sincerity being possible especially with Trimpe drawing stuff, I can't imagine the Marra ones being like that though
>>
File: FILE1840.jpg (20KB, 290x228px) Image search: [Google]
FILE1840.jpg
20KB, 290x228px
>Fantagraphics launches Superhero Universe
>>
>>88265547
Remember when they wanted tumblr money by publishing cheap webcomics?
>>
>>88265547
They've always been pro superhero just not pro modern superhero, amazing heroes was one of the biggest superhero magazines this also has more to do with them letting Bayer do whatever he wants
>>
>>88265627
And yet The Comics Journal loved to bash on the Big Two.
>>
Man, I thought Herb Trimpe was dead.
>>
>>88265952
>featuring the last art of longtime “Hulk” artist Herb Trimpe who passed away suddenly last year.
He is.
>>
>chrome ab armor with pauldrons made of fists the size of his head
>the rest of the outfit is just riot gear and brass knuckles
>curbstomping some poor purple bastard with a melty head
I have no idea what this is, but holy shit, sign me the FUCK up.
>>
Reminds me of a lot of Alan Moore's work in ABC, especially Tomorrow Stories. Though I can see it having the same style of humor as 1963 with direct jabs at the publishing side of Silver Age comics

Still seeing Ben Marra work with Milgrom and the late great Trimpe will be great
>>
>>88265077
Will it have enough waifus, though?
>>
>>88265077
Sounds like fun, will definitely be checking this out. Fantagraphics does too many OGNs these days, I miss the days when they had regular ongoing series to follow, this should remedy that.
>>
>>88265197
The cover literally has a guy with shoulder guards shaped like giant fists so I'm guessing it will be at least somewhat tongue in cheek.
>>
File: hip-hop-family-tree-afrika.jpg (2MB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
hip-hop-family-tree-afrika.jpg
2MB, 1200x600px
>>88266630

Check out Hip Hop Family Tree if you haven't. It is excellent.
>>
>>88265564
?
>>
>>88266777

I think he means Meg, Mogg and Owl.
>>
>>88266826
Yep.
>>
>>88266552
Look at her anon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.