[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: robot jones.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
robot jones.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
It's pretty rare that I see this show mentioned on /co/. I just finished it and thought it was pretty entertaining. I thought that the pilot was much better than the rest of the series, especially in terms of animation style, but even so the series was pretty solid and worth the watch. What do you guys think?
>>
I remember liking it as a kid when it was airing, but I haven't seen it in forever
>>
what's the best quality download for it? I liked it. It was drawn on cel during the digital era of things and it really gave to it's look.
>>
also Cartoon Network fucked it and the creator over
>>
Has there ever been a show with a more fitting name?

And yeah, I thought it was alright. Very reminiscent of Schoolhouse Rock, and one of the better CN proposed pilots. From what I understand, low ratings and the threat of legal action from Apple (the specific synthesized voice they were using turned out to be copy-written) caused multiple re-tools and the show just sort of got lost in the shuffle.
>>
I remember hearing that they ended up changing his voice actor for some reason, and that nobody was able to find those early versions since nobody recorded them. Is that still the case?
>>
>>88258894
How so?

>>88258907
Some of the early versions are still available, though the quality is shit. Just search around on Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. I definitely prefer the speech synthesis to the real voice acting
>>
>>88258959
If I had more free time I'd try stripping the audio and inserting the track onto a decent quality one. It's nice to know that they're not totally gone forever.
>>
>>88258895
Hard to tell what actually happened, since people on the internet made up a bunch of bullshit about it
>>
>>88258959
Didn't they still use the synth voice for other characters? I remember an episode where Robot goes into the basement to visit his Grandpa (an old room-sized supercomputer) and he had a deep synth voice.
>>
The title is so damn appropriate for what happened to the show.
>>
>>88259511
Yea, it's even hard to find info on the show for the most part.
>>
>>88259511
>>88261380
>One of the biggest ironic cases in history is so strong no one can even remember it's one of the biggest ironic cases in history
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.