[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Danny Rand is no White Saviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (328KB, 1233x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328KB, 1233x1920px
First full length interview with the Iron Fist EP.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/features/danny-rand-is-no-white-saviour-says-marvels-iron-fist-showrunner-1634910

I guess the changes made in Luke Cage should steel you for Iron Fist. I think it will be "Six feet under" in tone.
>>
Funny how much of a twat the interviewer managed to make themselves look with just that one question.
>>
>>88242564
Senpai, it dominated every Iron Fist convo, before Buck was even confirmed at the helm. They got asked this at NYCC, and Finn knows. Every time new Iron Fist info drops, it pops up again. This is just a taster.
>>
I wonder how mystical it will be.

This promo tour is certain to be interesting...
>>
>>88242402
>HURR IN DA COMIX HE'S PRETTY MUCH A WHITE SAVIOUR
Who writes this shit?
>>
>>88242402
>Until now, all other Marvel shows have had grounded heroes. How are you balancing the mythological aspects with Iron Fist?
>Buck: To me when I first encountered the character, it seemed these were like not the greatest superpowers. All he can do is punch really hard. That’s sort of what appealed to me about it – he has this one gift, you can use it in some ways but in rest of his life, it’s not really all that significant. His greatest gift is his martial arts skills, and that’s something he suffered and worked for.
>All he can do is punch really hard.
Oh fuck this show is doomed isn't it
>>
>>88243201
Since when is Danny Rand the archetypical "White Saviour TM"? Sounds like typical Internet hearsay.
>>
>>88243324
that's exactly what it is
>>
>>88243205
They had previously claimed they wanted to keep his show grounded, and they were going to change his origin around so it fits with the netflix universe.
>>
>>88243413
Wolves are out, Plane crashes are in.
>>
Damn, Colleen is a qtp2t.
>>
>>88243471
but they can do both
>>
>>88243471
Him strangling a dragon with his bare hands is definitely out.
>>
>>88243505
I know, but Finn said he lost his parents in a plane crash, and we see monks standing over him in the trailer. It's assumed he's the only survivor.
>>
>>88243492
A lot younger than I imagined Colleen to be.
>>
>>88243471
i remember in the letters page of marvel premiere or wherever it was that he first appeared there was someone writing to complain that wolves don't savagely attack humans
>>
>>88243693
wasnt there a big stink from wolf lovers about The Grey too?
>>
>>88243693
But, what if they were really fucking hungry?!
>>
>>88243722
m-muh wolves are noble creatures!!! They would never do something like that!!
>>
>>88243743

But would they actually attack humans if they were hungry? Is there any actually, statical proof of this instead "well duh they're wolves!" ?
>>
>>88243887
Who cares?
>>
>>88243205
>called iron fist
>hands made of skin, bone, and muscles
Oh fuck this show is doomed isn't it
>>
>>88243958
It shows an immediate misunderstanding of something as basic as how his abilities work, dumb shit.
>>
>>88243940

I care that's I asked you dumb dumb. If people make a claim that wolves wouldn't behave in such a manner, what's wrong with wanting a discussion on said claim? It's better than making a dismissive comment like you did.

Why even come here if you don't wanna discuss silly shit like wolves attacking people in a dragon killing kung-fu master's backstory?
>>
I have yet to actually enjoy any of Netflix Marvel because of how grounded they insist on making everything. Why the hell is "realistic" and "grounded" so popular? When can we have the absolute reverse happen. When can we take a grounded character and make then super fun and imaginative. I dont think thats ever been done. Wake me up when the war of fun is over.
>>
>>88243205
>this Buck guy
>not reading immortal iron fist

im worried
>>
Iron Fist will be the fist Marvelix show shot in High Dynamic Range.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/technology/netflix-iron-first-hdr/index.html

Hopefully, this means I won't have to squint to watch the darn show.
>>
>>88244272

The Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider films are fun. The 69 Batman stuff is fun too.
>>
>>88244359
The same Iron Fist writer, that's now joined The Runaways writers room saw someone say how much they loved IIF/How if was one if their faves, and she retweeted. Don't worry.

Bride was captured at 0:59.

As well as Danny and Colleen getting intimate.
>>
>>88244272
The MCU is doing that and are shitted on by DC fans for doing it.

FF did it in their first films and those sucked.
>>
>>88244422
I pray that this will be good. I liked the trailers. I liked the other netflix stuff to varying degrees.
But let's hope this outdoes them all.

Is The Runaways netflix or... the other type of marvel show?
>>
>>88244549
Hulu.
>>
>>88244272
When Luke and Danny officially team up.
>>
>>88243351
It's what the majority (now) believe, though.
>>
It's a white dude instead of an Asian guy. Why can't mystical monks ever teach some of their own dudes their secret magicks. Seriously, just cast some Asians every now and then in these stories. This is some Last Samurai bullshit right here.
>>
>>88246912
GTFO of /Co/ troll.
>>
I just remembered I still haven't finished luke cage. I sort of don't even want to

>I AM YO NIGGA, BROVAH
>>
>>88246912
Shang Chi, motherfucker.
>>
>>88247649
He needs his own property. He's a good enough character, with his own lore and supporting characters. They could explore The Mandarin as his father, too.
>>
>>88247382
Pray season 2 is less dull.
>>
>>88244272
People can relate to the characters more, and thus have a better time watching. It isn't had to figure out.
>>
>>88243205
>>88244359

That was just his first impression.
>>
>>88249219

Shhh, you can't bring common sense into this
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.