[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We come up with ideas for new Hanna-Barbera Beyond omic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 012.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
ITT: We come up with ideas for new Hanna-Barbera Beyond omic series.

>The Jetsons
Set in a dystopian future, it shows their daily life under the oppression of an Orwellian regime. George Jetson is part of a clandestine group that wants to take down the regime.

>Yogi Bear
Yogi and Boo-boo are bears that escaped from a scientific research facility, they have the ability to talk due to the experiments and their ties are actually identification collars. Instead of stealing food from humans, they attack and kill them to eat them.
Ranger Smith is in charge of their hunt with explicit order of killing them.
>>
>>88234839
>Set in a dystopian future, it shows their daily life under the oppression of an Orwellian regime. George Jetson is part of a clandestine group that wants to take down the regime.

I'm still hoping they confirm the Jetsons/Flintstones theories, where both are set in the same time period, one in the ground and one in the high cities
>>
>>88234839
No fuck you with your edgy shit. What part of "Modern stone age family" don't you get
In the original TV series deal with 60's stuff (which was current back then) and now in the comic they dial with current stuff
>>
File: 001.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88235741
If you think the only difference between the comics and the original shows is the decade they're parodying, you're just showing you ahven't read them.
And if you think the Flintstones comicd aren't edgy enough, just check Wacky Races or Scooby Doo.
>>
>>88236106
Future Quest isn't edgy.
>>
>>88236136
Point taken, 25% of the current series aren't edgy.
>>
>>88234839
>Quick Draw McGraw
Quick Draw finds himself as the sheriff of a town where his power is limited in protecting the townsfolk. Outlaws rape and pillage his town, only ceasing if the sheriff pays up. Realizing local law enforcement and cowboys won't come to his aid, Quick Draw becomes the vigilante El Kabong, killing outlaws and returning resources to his people. He must also, however, accept his limited position as a helpless sheriff in the eyes of his community.
>>
>>88235129
Can't happen. At least one of the Flintstones comics had a flash forward to the present showing a thing from the story as an exhibit in a museum.
>>
File: Super_Friends.jpg (44KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Friends.jpg
44KB, 333x250px
make it comedy.
>>
>Meddling Kids
The Chan Clan. The Neptunes. Speed Buggy. Goober and the Ghost Chasers. The Teen Angels.

All the other meddling kids groups from Hanna Barbera going about their daily lives, solving mysteries, navigating teen drama, and building relationships on the social media site Meddlr.

A rotating cast with an underlying conspiracy that ties them all together.
>>
A noir Top Cat in the style of Stray bullets or pulp fiction, showing the lives of cats from the gang.
>>
>>88234839
>"Here's my idea:"
>"It's a gritty, dark reboot of-"
>>
File: missed-the-point.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
missed-the-point.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>88238575
>>
>>88236170
Flintstones is not "edgy" in the 4chan sense. It makes raunchy jokes and has some light-hearted dark humor but it's not grimdark and it doesn't take itself very seriously.
>>
>>88236495
>Can't happen.

Can happen if the Jetsons were a forgotten super advanced race lost to time. They're the Atlanteans or something.
>>
The Flintstones is very refreshing though. Why dilute it and try to recapture that magic too early? Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
I like the idea of the Jetsons being set as a light-hearted dystopia.

Something like they're society is completely under the control of a Skynet-like A.I., only that's it's surprisingly lazy and is actually really bad at it's job. So instead it secretly puts George Jetson in charge of running society for it while its busy running 6 billion separate gameof Farmville or something.
>>
>>88235741
Among other things, it talks about gay acceptance with a lot more subtlety and respect than comics actively trying to do so. Even with a literal Adam and Steve.

It also brought the world Rumpspringa and Powergoat.
>>
>>88234839
>Wacky Raceland again but this time it doesn't suck
>>
>>88236777
This could work.

Use the Future Quest setting, that already has high tech and some magic and superheroes. Charlie Chan is an operative of Inter-Nation coverly training his kids, Speed Buggy is an AI powered car, Goober is an actual ghost, Captain Caveman is an unfrozen shaman who made his club based on Mightors club. The Neptunes live in a series of secret underwater nations created by a group of scientists and must be careful on meddlr to not reveal too much about their location and Jabberjaws is an experimental mutant like Scooby.

There is a Scooby Gang running around (not the Apocalypse one) but they don't appear directly in the comics, they are only mentioned by the others, as the first group of teens/young adults to do this work and possibly the best of all of them. They only appear for the finale.

Meddlr could be a lot more important to the story instead of just being a riff on social sites, maybe it has an app so they can post weird riddles, ask for some info they need, even post photos of clues, and then other teams can help with info. Like
>"Hey, can anyone read hyerogliphs? My translation says a lot of werid nonsense"
>"I can, but your translation is right, it's just random words"
>"Maybe it's a cypher"
>"LOL nevermind, it was just a fake, the guy who wrote it doesn't know hyerogliphs"

Or maybe it's part of the conspiracy and useful to keep tabs on all the meddling kids
>>
>>88238640
>the Jetsons accidentally built all the pyramids all across the earth
>>
>>88234839
>Set in a dystopian future, it shows their daily life under the oppression of an Orwellian regime. George Jetson is part of a clandestine group that wants to take down the regime.

Naaah, the Jetsons should be a commentary on consumerism and decadence.
>>
>>88240710
That's what The Flintstones already is.
>>
>>88234839
>Yogi and Boo-boo are bears that escaped from a scientific research facility, they have the ability to talk due to the experiments and their ties are actually identification collars
I actually like this. Sounds like it could be a good comedy.
>>
You guys do know DC announced a Jetsons book by Palmiotti and Conner right?

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2016/09/06/dcs-hanna-barbera-line-expands-with-two-new-titles-dastardly-muttley-and-the-jetsons/
>>
>>88242003
I knew that. And I still want to fuck that Rosie.
>>
>>88242003
Yeah, too bad.
>>
>>88234839
Can we give Ranger Smith super speed and make him murder Boo-Boo with his bare hand in the first issue?
>>
An X-Files style show with Funky Phantom.

Or possibly Fangface.
>>
>>88234839
Birdman but he's a lawyer taking cases for other Hanna-Barbera properties.
>>
A spaghetti western with El Kabong, seems easy enough.
>>
Hong Kong Phooy.

Noir

Blacksad+The Question
>>
How about...the works of Lovecraft...with Jabberjaw?
>>
>>88235129
Wasn't that kinda confirmed?

I thought Jim Lee said all the redheads in the books were related or something.

Or did /co/ just make shit up again and I fell for it?
>>
>>88241131
Then the Jetsons should be a commentary on popsci regurgitators, since they think they're so advanced but most don't understand their technology.
>>
Jetsons would be a lot like Berlin I think.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.