[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wish Dragon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

So a Chinese fx studio, one that helped with movies like Star Wars: The force awakens, wants to venture into the chinese animation market. Their first film is a re-telling of the Aladdin story but set in Modern China with a dragon instead of a genie. They say they want to have Western quality animation.

Here are some concept art.
>>
>>
Are you all interested? It won't be out until a future date.
>>
>>88221112
>2
So close.
>>
>>88221080
Doesn't really look like starving poverty to me. Is the little girl the monkey equivalent?
>>
>>88221112
I'm amused by the idea of "Aladdin, but in China" because Aladdin was supposed to take place in China in the original story, but was always depicted as Arab because the early artists illustrating retellings didn't have any idea what China looked like.

Also, does China have a good Robin Williams type to do the voice of the dragon?
>>
>>88221159
Pretty sure China won't allow a depiction of starving poverty in fiction while still giving financial bonuses for the purpose of supporting their own industry.

They barely, and I do mean BARELY tolerated it for historical dramas where mass starvation during medieval warfare is a constant driving force of the story.
>>
>>88221190
>because the early artists
no, the writers also had no idea what china was like, and/or didn't care. China was just this exotic, far-off place nobody knew anything about, so it didn't matter. They wrote it sounding exactly like an arab country (with a sultan, djinn, etc) for the same reason 4kids used to try to make anime look like it took place in america.
>>
>>88221159
>>88221190

Guys, I'm pretty sure it's not trying to be a 1 to 1 copy of Disney's Aladdin. The original myth had a lot more to it than Robin Williams genie's and monkeys in vests.
>>
China is trying real hard to have next Hollywood.
I wouldn't be surprised if by 20 years half of all top grossing films are in Chinese.

Shit we already have films trying to pander to them.
>>
>>88222670
China wants movies that do well in their own backyard but they also want broad appeal and an investment stake in Hollywood, because that's how you make money.

They don't want a Bollywood situation where they just end up making films for themselves that the rest of the world think look too fucking weird and gaudy.
>>
>>88222670
>In 20 years China will be outsourcing their animation to the west

wew
>>
>>88221052
This is a little off topic but why does the west outsource manual jobs like manufacturing to china but outsources animation to south korea and sometimes japan and never china?
>>
>>88223729
because bootlegging?
>>88222670
you know it's a bubble, right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.