[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did this movie get right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Lorax_and_Once-Ler.png (545KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lorax_and_Once-Ler.png
545KB, 853x480px
So what did this movie get right?
>>
Once-ler the fuckboi
>>
The truffula trees and the Lorax's mustache

And that's about it.
>>
File: 1476218539988.jpg (95KB, 460x638px) Image search: [Google]
1476218539988.jpg
95KB, 460x638px
They had 1 good voice.
>>
A song that wasn't even in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw
>>
>>88204375
Tbqh the movie's main sin was make the Once-ler a sudden douche via a 2 min song. If they were just going to screw up his development they might as well just have made him greedy from the beginning like the 70's short.
>>
File: lorax.jpg (112KB, 874x1205px) Image search: [Google]
lorax.jpg
112KB, 874x1205px
>>88203658
Nothing.
>>
>>88204375
This could've been a 5 minute short and it would have still been the best things the Minions people have ever released.
Why the fuck did they go with the "How ba a a a ad can I be?" song over this.
>>
>>88204375
Oh shit that was a really good song with was some badass visuals. Is this fan-made or something they didn't use? If it's something they didn't use what the FUCK is wrong with them??
>>
>>88203658
Making the ending a happy one bu showing what happens after the events of the book, instead of stopping at the downright depressing place they did.

And that's it.
>>
>>88204782
I never understood why people complained about this. Even the original short ended in triumphant, optimistic music.
>>
Adding in a villain and a love interest, stretching the story out more than it needed to be.

What a great looking, colorful movie, though.
>>
>>88204678
The visuals were fan-made from a song that was recorded for the movie and unused, but included on the soundtrack.
>>
>>88204837
It was hopefully optimistic.
It didn't really end with
>OMG GUYS THE TREES ARE BACK LOL XD
Like the newer one did.
Takes away a lot of the punch.
>>
>>88204882
I thought the smoking scene was out of place for PG.
Still 10 times better than the movie though.
>>
>>88204929
I think people didn't understand that the movie version felt more like a self-contained story than a fable like the short and the book.

I mean, I'm not saying it was good, but the original short felt more like a story meant to teach me a lesson, where as the movie felt like it was teaching the characters in itself a lesson, idk if I'm making sense here.
>>
>>88204629
It actually seems like both songs were originally supposed to be in the movie. There are some lyrical call backs to the other song in the deleted one
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.