[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he actually mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4197.jpg (14KB, 324x156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4197.jpg
14KB, 324x156px
What did he actually mean by this?
>>
>>88201018
It's another way of saying he can control the Hulk at any time.
>>
>>88201018
He's always angry
>>
>>88201018
He's just an angry dude.

he just wants to buttfuck some pussy
>>
>>88201018
It's like...you're constantly horny, but you don't always pop a full boner.
>>
>>88201052
But he can't. He couldn't do it earlier in the movie and could barely do it in Ultron.
>>
>>88201018
What do you mean, what did he mean by that?
Don't you live in a constant seething rage, constantly having to take a deep breath before any reply.?

Always imagining what it would feel like to leap across the table and choke the shit out of that smug fucker, Mike.

Trembling from holding yourself back from kicking your nephew in the gut and then just beating him in the face until your mangled fists meet the floor.
>>
>>88201018
nothing
the movie wasn't very good

are we done with these "what did he mean by this"

that is the answer to every question.
>>
>>88201018
He posts on /r9k/
>>
>>88201018
He's a slow simmer with a lid ontop. Even if he seems calm and happy, he's got that heat bubbling beneath, and at any moment he can crank it up to a full boil over and Hulk out. Most likely his life has lead him to have a lot of anger issues, which he has learned to control and contain, but never get rid of.
>>
>>88201018
He doesn't need to soak his almonds, they're already activated.
>>
>>88201018
He's a /co/ poster
>>
>>88201018
He's an informed voter.
>>
Constant prostate stimulation with no release
>>
>>88201018
As someone who does not have the ability to actually feel any emotion, I'd like to think I have an answer.

I can pretend to have a lot of emotions, to the point where people assume that I am actually having the emotion. I'm very good at controlling this act of mine.

However this doesn't change the emptiness inside of me. I don't feel anything, even when I tell myself I should. When I receive a gift I tell myself to feel joy, I smile and say Thank You, but there is no joy to be had. When a close friend dies, I tell myself to feel despair and sadness. I cry, and I mourn, but inside I feel nothing. For all emotions, this is how it applies; I can put on a good act, and keep people from seeing how empty I really am, however it doesn't change the fact I don't have any feeling whatsoever.

For Banner, I think it's similar. Just substitute emptiness with Anger.
>>
>>88201444
Dude I think you need a psych exam
>>
>>88201138
He was also being manipulated mentally in both of those cases.
>>
"Any story where I can't immediately Hulk out whenever I want is garbage."
>>
>>88201444
You sound like a Naruto character.
>>
>>88201444
>As someone who does not have the ability to actually feel any emotion
You're also asexual right.

Come back when you're 18.
>>
>>88201444
You'll never get your Keyblade acting like that.
>>
>>88201018

Plot convenience. Having him lose control 90% of the movie and then suddenly go Hulk when he wants to is the easy way out.
>>
>>88201444
If you didn't have the ability to feel emotion you wouldn't be on this website. In fact you would probably have died by now.
>>
>>88201018
He can direct his anger. Although the Hulk is angry that he never works on shading.
>>
>>88201018
Watch The Incredible Hulk.
>>
You noticed how he was kind of jumpy and nervous the whole time and got even more flustered when Stark egged him on?

Banner is basically right at the threshold of hulking out all the time. He's barely keeping himself right at that level so he can hulk out generally when he wants to, but it comes at the cost of the littlest things being enough to shake his focus. The end of The Incredible Hulk showed he was training himself to gain and maintain that kind of control, though it isn't perfect.
>>
>>88201018
He means that the secret to controlling your anger issues is to accept and embrace your emotions, he's not hulking out uncontrollably because he now knows how to cope with and control the feeling of being angry without being overwhelmed by the emotions.
The Hulk is him really really angry, you don't get to that point unless you're unprepared for something and become overwhelmed like when Loki got him to Hulk out on the carrier, or repress all your anger like he used to and it just builds up and builds up until there's a final straw.
"I'm always angry." means that he has accepted his emotions and chooses to feel them before they get out of control.
>>
File: 1474597071098.png (163KB, 540x693px) Image search: [Google]
1474597071098.png
163KB, 540x693px
>>88201613
I've had them before, they are what helped me perfect the act.
>>88201926
Yeah sorry.
>>88201950
Not at all, I'm very good at faking joy when it comes to those matters for the sake of the partner.
>>88201952
Yeah? Well I'll start my own Keyblade Academy with Blackjack and Hookers. In fact, forget the Keyblade Academy.
>>88202087
Stoics, Sociopaths and psychopaths are apparently nonexistent.
In all reality I suffer from Depersonalization Disorder, or essentially "Ego Decay". This has stemmed from multiple things, bad things seen as a teen, worse things as an adult. It is in the opinion of my support that this is comorbid to Chronic Depression and Anxiety. It hasn't lead to Sociopathy or Psychopathy simply because I rely on some totem of strong empathy, which we all agree is the core emotion I can really call upon. If I didn't have that, I'd be quite a terrible person...well, I guess I wouldn't really be a person. Not that I am much of one now.
>>
>>88205183
gtfo with your reasonable answers, this is a memes only zone
>>
>>88201018
His Jimmies are a rustlin
>>
>>88205605
So because you've actually had feelings you know what it's like to be in someone else's position even if hearing a sob story does absolutely nothing for you?
That's...fucking weird.
>>
>>88201018

H means that Joss Whedon is a shit writer who will sacrifice rules for crappy one liners
>>
In the deleted scene, when he falls down to the greenhouse, he is asked by the security guard;

>Are you a big guy that gets all little, or a little guy that sometimes blows up large,”

Banner at the first half of the film was anxious, he was constantly agitated and is working so hard not to let the Hulk out because he is surrounded by people he doesnt trust, he was in a shield helicarrier and he never believed that they got him specifically for his skills.

So when he fell down and is asked that question, he realizes that it wasnt the time for fear, that he can actually make peace with the Hulk, channel his rage on a common enemy.

it was him saying "I've been repressing it for so long, fuck it, lets have some fun"
>>
File: Char_12821.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Char_12821.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>88205792
That's one way of saying it I guess.
Believe or not I was a very emotional kid, I actually felt emotions. Like Joy felt like Joy, Sadness felt like Sadness. In those years I came to understand viewpoints, but never really thought too much into it since I was a kid.

Then some bad things happened for about four years straight and I had to learn that expressing my emotions was a bad thing in the places I was in. So I repressed them and put on an act to get out of those places.

Then as an adult, things changed; not expressing your emotions is a good trait for certain fields, and I excelled in that. The only thing, my fear of those places kept me from speaking when I truly needed assistance, and that fear led to a great defeat.

In that defeat I thought Death would be welcome, however the attempt failed, and the experience still haunts me to this day.

So, with going on ten years of supressing my emotions, I turned to Logic and thought. I began wondering about viewpoints, and I applied my remaining totem of Empathy to that mindset.

In my current time I keep on depersonalizing from Identity and Ego, somewhat out of fear from being placed in those places again, but mostly out of belief that if I am able to clean myself of Ego and Identity, I'll be able to finally die.

What a fucking weird mess these past seventeen years out of twenty seven have been.
>>
>>88206015
I guess a /co/ related summary.

I'm Bad Ending Riley, with a few Core Memories keeping me sane enough to function in society.
>>
>>88201018

Exactly what he said - he's always angry.

When Banner goes green, it happens in one of two ways: He loses control of his emotions, or he unleashes them. In the former situation, Hulk goes apeshit on anything in his path without rhyme or reason. In the latter, Banner "aims" the Big Green Wrecking Machine in a general "direction", which keeps Hulk grounded in a sense of humanity in spite of Big Green's violent tendencies.

On the Helicarrier, Banner lost control, so Hulk went sickhouse on Thor and SHIELD. In NYC, Banner willingly unleashed his emotions, and Hulk whipped alien ass - and only alien ass - as a result.
>>
>>88201018

The MCU, actually, is pure and utter shit?
>>
File: I am not a Char.jpg (68KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
I am not a Char.jpg
68KB, 900x600px
>>88206015
That is not a Char.
>>
File: linkin_duck.jpg (35KB, 440x310px) Image search: [Google]
linkin_duck.jpg
35KB, 440x310px
>>88201444
>>
>>88201018
He's perpetually upset
>>
>>88201018
According to some of the comics his "Hulk" mind existed before he was blasted by radiation.

Like he beat his abusive father to death and then forgot about it immediately after calming down.
>>
>>88201018
He goes on 4chan bait threads to unleash the Hulk.
>>
File: 1481013980827.jpg (433KB, 1000x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1481013980827.jpg
433KB, 1000x1166px
>>88201018
they had previously thought making him angry was a plot point

he revealed it had never actually mattered and the previous view of events that had unfolded was not correct but merely coincidental with the true state of things and also that OP sucks a million dicks
>>
>>88201018
That's how he stays calm, he said so himself. What's there not to understand?
>>
>>88201018
>>88201052
No, it means he can turn into the Hulk at any time. That's different from being able to control him.

He can turn into the Hulk at any time because he's always angry. He's always angry because he wants to get away from this shit and live a quiet life where he can't hurt anyone, but trouble always seems to find him. And he's tried killing himself too, but it's literally impossible. He's stuck in hell. That's why he's always angry.
>>
>>88205605
Sociopaths and psychopaths have emotions. Sociopaths suffer from extreme antisocial behaviors and a lack of conscious
Psychopaths suffer from abnormal violent social behavior.

Also Depersonalization Disorder doesn't mean you have no emotions, it means you are detached from your own emotions and thoughts. Like an outside viewer to your own actions.
>>
>>88201018
Angry that he couldnt poo in loo.
>>
>>88201018
He's a Marvel reader
>>
>>88205955
This guy gets it.

In The Incredible Hulk and earlier in the Avengers movie, Banner had been a "little guy" who sometimes blows up large. He acted like an ordinary person who carried the Hulk as a curse, and lived in constant fear of it, fleeing across continents, pushing away loved ones, allowing it to hurt him. What the Hulk did, when it was heroic, had little to with Banner's will, more his instincts.

This was Banner's accepting that he's actually a "big guy," UUUU like the other Avengers: a "big" person here is a morally "big," heroic person. When Banner shrinks back from heroism out of fear, he's someone with the potential of a "big" hero, who makes himself small, insignificant, removed from the action, and cowardly.

The MCU's Hulk has more to do with fear than anger. In Incredible Hulk, he jumps from the helicopter to trigger a fight-or-flight response, and the elevated heart rate & adrenaline that come with it, in order to become the Hulk. This was an act of overcoming fear (typical hero's journey) rather than one of overcoming anger. Either way, no such reaction is necessary in The Avengers' Hulk-out; Banner becomes the Hulk in between steps of a calm stroll toward otherwise certain death.

Overall Banner's realization is the same as the theme running through quite a few MCU films: heroes aren't fascistic or dangerous because they have the potential to be. What they DO matters.

Banner had feared the Hulk, to the point of refusing to use it, because of the harm it could cause to others. Reasonable. It's also a metaphor for his internal aggression, which can be unleashed indiscriminately, with the capability of harming his loved ones, or in a targeted fashion. Whenever it comes time to fight, all heroes tap into aggression; it's about the self-discipline and moral discernment of the right targets. Banner unleashes his inner aggression, and his heroic potential, at the right targets, owning up to the "big guy" he always was.
>>
>>88201444

I'm the same anon. Were you born with it or did a specific event happen to make it happen? Don't care about the specifics, just wondering how it started.

Mine was a specific event. It was, well, as bad as things get...then it far, FAR worse. Then found something that would've made me lose my shit...except nothing happened. All the depression, crying, etc. just switched off. Been 3 years since then. This is an incredibly odd way to live. It's just as you say. I go to movies, celebrate holidays, etc. that I would enjoy and it's like I'm only reacting how I remember I would act when I could feel; but I don't feel ANYTHING. I watched Grave of the Fireflies just to test it. Nothing. I just see the logic in the movie (stupid kid should've stayed with abusive relative and he'd be alive).

Not seeking help. This condition is doing nothing but helping me right now. No depression this holiday season. No stress. Allows me full concentration on fixing my problems. Hell, I don't even have nightmares anymore! It's fucking insane. I mean, I have bad dreams like last night had spiders all over me...but I simply didn't care so dream always just moves on to something else since it's not getting any emotional response. It's funny because I used to have one type of bad dream and mind sticks with it. Now I have a wide variety of scenarios. Works great when working shit retail jobs and people do everything they can to piss you off and they get a poker face in return. Have hot girls be flirty sometimes...move along bitch.

My advice is don't tell anyone about this anon except maybe a councilor. People will always assume your psycho or something. Just because I could technically now crush a kitten under my boot and feel nothing about it doesn't mean I'll do it. This condition doesn't make me stupid or not have a sense of honor. But as you say...you have to keep up an act. And it's hard because putting on an act all the time to make people think your normal is tiring.
>>
>>88209950
That is possibly way more thought than the writers put into it, but I like it.
>>
>>88201018
Mindless garbage marvel quip. Dont try to understand it.
No, i am not a DC fan, i hate all super heroes movies
Except Spider man 2 by Sam Raimi
>>
>>88201018
He's always hungry.
>>
It's like edging. When you're edging you can blow your load at any given time, but you control it. All you have to do is stop controlling it.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.