[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mystique origin and impacts of a retcon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: is nightcrawler human.jpg (40KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
is nightcrawler human.jpg
40KB, 600x401px
So yesterday there was a thread speculating that Mystique's origin might get retconned from a mutant to a Skrull/Kree, just to fuck with FOX.

If that's the case where does that leave Kurt (and to a lesser extent Graydon)? Because if his mother is not of human descent but rather extra-terrestrial, then the question in this panel stops being an irrational statement of hatred and starts being a legimate point.
>>
>>88190888
He is literally a demon spawn, Thanks you Austen
>>
Fucking Marvel.
I wonder if there will ever be anything new from Marvel that won't disappoint me.
>>
>>88190957
Give Ultimates & Vision a try.
>>
I want to return to the original proposed idea that Mystique isn't Nightcrawler's mother. She's his father.
>>
>>88191179
No. I'm not interested in the Ultimates, for one. I don't care and I don't want to know.
Vision is good, the little I read of it. Good only in comparison ofcourse, to all the other crap that Marvel puts out. Because if you actually compare it to good comics anyway, it's just mediocre.
But Vision is an exception or at least, should be. When I read superhero comics, I want to read superhero comics, not the Vision's family life. Pure, unadulterated superhero vs. supervillain action, just like the good old times.
>>
File: cm 7-16.png (2MB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
cm 7-16.png
2MB, 994x1528px
>>88190888
Didn't see no such thread. This was because of Carol's movie, right?
I'm pretty sure rights don't work that way. Maybe for Squirrel Girl, not for such an established character. Besides Captain Marvel already has a villainous blue-skinned femme fatal (who as of her latest appearance can shapeshift) so they could easily do everything Mystqiue's ever done in a Carol comic and simply change the name to Minerva.
>>
>>88191215
I support this. Make Chris' dram canon.
>>
>>88191256
>I'm not interested in the Ultimates, for one. I don't care and I don't want to know.
Why?
>if you actually compare it to good comics
Like?
>>
>>88191296
>Why?
I don't care about these characters.
I hate Carol Danvers. Don't care about the rest.
Black Panther's good, but I don't like him affiliated with space and cosmic adventures. He doesn't inspire me for it.

>Like?
Nothing Marvel ever did in the past 20 years.
Hmm... 300, Blacksad, Maus, Sandman, Watchmen, Sin City heck even the Walking Dead. Or, well, ok, maybe not the Walking Dead.
If I don't want to read about superheroes, there are plenty of others.
>>
>>88165887
This is the thread, right?
>>
>>88191518
-Fair enough. I figured you just didn't like Cosmic.
-I've read most of those too and won't disagree that they're better. But they're all-time greats, anything would look mediocre. It's the "in comparison" trap all over again. I thought you meant current ongoings.
>>
>>88191655
>It's the "in comparison" trap all over again.
Yeah and why not? There are plenty of great publishers that don't do superhero comics and are worth reading.
You go to Marvel for the Superheroes and they used to be very best at it. But not anymore.
If Vision is the best thing they got to show for now, then that's a sad state they're in.
>>
>>88191752
>Yeah and why not?
Because some people take enjoyment from brand new publications instead of just re-reading Watchmen over and over again?
Vision hardly counts as a superhero comic, that's irrelevant to its storytelling quality. I gave a lot of Image & indie titles a try whilst Vision was coming out and none were as well written or atmospheric. The only current comic you cited you then quickly retracted, if there are so many others in the industry right now that make Vision look medicore surely you can name a few.
>>
>>88190888
Why should an absolutely random, baseless speculation on /co/ be taken into consideration?
Why did you make a new thread just because you didn't get a reply to your fanfiction?
We can speculate all you want but there's really no point to it.
>>
>>88191263
>>88191640
>>
File: RCO006_1469324248.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO006_1469324248.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88192703
He's not the OP from yesterday, I am.
And it's not entirely baseless.
>>
File: ydctth.png (242KB, 580x390px) Image search: [Google]
ydctth.png
242KB, 580x390px
>>88190888
>>
>>88193831
Hey, he's more of a man then you'll ever be, jerk.
>>
>>88190888
>So yesterday there was a thread speculating that Mystique's origin might get retconned from a mutant to a Skrull/Kree

is this just /co/ having fun or did something happen
>>
File: mystique tells carol to have fun.jpg (839KB, 1236x1920px) Image search: [Google]
mystique tells carol to have fun.jpg
839KB, 1236x1920px
>>88193735
A couple of questions:

1. Does the machine detect general mutant presence or an exact number of mutants?
2. If she is in fact a Kree/Skrull, why didn't it notice that?
3. Let's for a moment assume this page is indeed evidence that she is in fact a Kree/Skrull, wouldn't there be even more evidence elsewhere?

Just a question here regarding the potential alien origin (if it indeed turns out to be the case), would she simply have been unaware she was an alien the entire time or was she just pretending to be a mutant extremist just to troll everyone?
>>
File: kree skrull.jpg (407KB, 712x1636px) Image search: [Google]
kree skrull.jpg
407KB, 712x1636px
She looks it at least. Blue skin and shapeshifting would make sense too.
>>
>>88193984

If anything it's something to do with the Dire Wraith plot going on in the books.

also it's not anything, it's just Forge making a joke and freaking out Mystique
>>
>>88194100
So would she be like 50/50 or 75/25?
>>
>>88190888
This is just stupid speculation why is it even being considered?
>>
That was implied to be Mystique's origin back when she first appeared. Current Marvel truly is just digging for abandoned old ideas if they go through with this.
>>
File: Chris 11.gif (1MB, 1194x1246px) Image search: [Google]
Chris 11.gif
1MB, 1194x1246px
>>88193984
>1. Does the machine detect general mutant presence or an exact number of mutants?
It's based on Rom's energy analyzer but scans an area, I'm guessing it detects an exact number.
>2. If she is in fact a Kree/Skrull, why didn't it notice that?
Because it was pinged for mutants?
>3. Let's for a moment assume this page is indeed evidence that she is in fact a Kree/Skrull, wouldn't there be even more evidence elsewhere?
Only other thing I got was her first appearance in Ms. Marvel where she was talking with an unknown "lord/master". During that time the Supreme Intelligence faked his death and almost no Kree knew he was alive.

Not that any of those things matter now, just a bunch of dropped plotlines.
>>
Hmm, just a Kree or Skrull seems a little weak, and would clash with Secret Invasion. Unless she's the actual Skrull queen and Norman killed a fake.

Being an Inhuman of some sort or some new race all together seems the kind of petty change to expect.
>>
>>88194379
Hard to tell, don't know if the Knights of the Infinite are all 50/50 or not.
>>
>>88194933
>>
File: RCO019.jpg (1001KB, 1280x1951px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019.jpg
1001KB, 1280x1951px
>>88194620
The following page
>>
>>88194786
Not Kree OR Skrull. AND. A bit of both. Like Hulkling.
>>
>>88194190
Clearly that's how it was written, but that's not how retcons work. A new writer could make something up and twist old stories as "evidence" and make the original intent irrelevant. See: the constant changes to quicksilver and Scarlet witch
>>
>>88195490

>See: the constant changes to quicksilver and Scarlet witch

oh like how quicksilver and mags have the same hair color
>>
>>88195519
or how Norman and sandman are related because of their hair
>>
>>88190888
Why not just make Mystique an Inhuman?
>>
>>88197690

She's blue and can shapeshift. Her being a skrull/kree hybrid makes sense on the surface.
>>
>>88190933
Nah, those demons were just mutants or... extra dimensional mutants or something, no?
>>
>>88199288
Mutants banished to another dimension.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.