[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to read this What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: portrait_incredible.jpg (19KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_incredible.jpg
19KB, 216x324px
About to read this
What am I in for?
>>
>>88170517
Typical highschool teen superhero story.
>>
A swell time. Be adviced though. After the world ends it turns a bit lamer.
>>
>>88170517
a fun little teen superhero story with maybe one or two preachy moments for the first several issues

later gets utterly ruined with events and blatant in-your-face SJW propaganda
>>
>>88170517
>at the start
A book that is trying way too hard to come off as a lighter toned Runaways. You might like that.

>post-Secret Wars relaunch
Garbage due to Marvel trying to push her as one of the premiere characters in the MU and getting caught up in events and trying to be political. The character herself is written even worse outside of her book, especially in Champions where she's a bitchy, demanding twat.

In other words, read the first volume and pretend that was all that was ever published with the character.
>>
Events ruining everything as always
>>
>>88170517

A nice superhero comic that leans more on the personal life and decisions of its fairly sympathetic and affable main character (and family) and less on insane full-packed action.

That said, the action there is there is good and impressive, but more... humorous, happy-go luck, less... kung fu and explosions and bullets.

Like battling giant chickens created by fairly humorous villains (with one or tow who are kinda creepy).

The personal and dramatic moments are REALLY good. The author knows how to do these very well.

Her knowledge of the culture and religion (which are part of the background) are very good too and a little window into a world not often seen: different, but not alien to many people at USA, A semi-realistic approach to a mildly-religious Pakistani-American family with lot of things even the most remote person from those circumstances can recognize and empathize with.
>>
>begins with an emphasis on her incompetence, her uncertainty, and the necessity of balancing her identity and her duty with her home and family life
>never really commits to it and in just a few issues she's hanging out with the Inhumans and later gets put on lots of teams and shit
>>
>>88170719
>>post-Secret Wars relaunch
>Garbage due to Marvel trying to push her as one of the premiere characters in the MU and getting caught up in events and trying to be political. The character herself is written even worse outside of her book, especially in Champions where she's a bitchy, demanding twat.
>In other words, read the first volume and pretend that was all that was ever published with the character.

I wouldn't said that: for the me the book certainly holds even in the midst of the Civil War event (thanks to being mostly self-contained to a localized problem). It suffers a little, but it doesn't diminish the other good moments it has.

I'm eager to see what will come after Civil War and I hope Marvel keeps G. Willow Wilson as its main author for many, many years.

But yeah, Champions (and before that, All-New All-Different Avengers) wasn't that enjoyable sans some funny moments between her, Spider-man (Miles) and Nova (Sam). That can be attributed to the different author (Mark Waid) and the fact that is often more difficult to tell a good consistent team story than a solo one.
>>
>>88170922
This is correct, except that "wasn't that enjoyable" is an enormous understatement.
>>
>>88170922
The Civil War arc is dumb on the basis that one of the big examples of why what they were doing was bad involved a guy who fucking stole a military vehicle. The only good thing to come out of the second volume is Fashy Becky from that arc.

The election issue (almost a month late) is abhorrently bad.
>>
>>88170517
a strong start that sort of falls apart due to events and being pushed as an A-List character
>>
>>88170719
>read the first volume and pretend that was all that was ever published with the character.
Luckily, Last Days of Ms. Marvel actually does make for a pretty decent ending.
>>
>>88170944
She had some good moments in ANAD Avengers. Champions is a fucking train wreck though.
>>
Your brand new daughteru. You will ultimately want to protect her and save for her college fund.
>>
>>88170549

Pretty much this.
>>
Boring brown girl being quirky and pushing social justice
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.