[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't it canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4196.jpg (21KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4196.jpg
21KB, 300x168px
Why isn't it canon?
>>
>>88143993
Why would it matter?
>>
>>88144013
Because it's a waste of space.
>>
Because its consistently bad.

Wet garbage in a flaming dumpster bad.
>>
Because people can't ingest more than one medium.
>>
It IS canon, regardless of what any creative influences say.

If there are no -significant- contradictions, then it is canon. This also means that the two Ghost Rider movies are now canon to the MCU until contradicted.

Blade is likely canon as well, though this has a high chance of being overwritten by Netflix.
>>
>>88143993

It is. But no one cares.

I've finally gave up, I was suckered into getting into it because of the whedonfag circlejerks that happen here and on /r/shield when an episode is on.

What was the show that started the whedon circlejerk discuss while you watch meme? Where was the site that people did this? And more importantly why?

My first exposure to whedon was the shooting script of Alien Resurrection and that was beyond awful, MUH WEED, MUH BASKETBALL. Then I hung out with people who were friends of buffyheads but I never watched it. So the first actual thing I watched was Avengers, and the first 30 minutes of that were absolutely terrible. It only grew into a good movie because of the set pieces and action.

So explain why this guy who writes every character as having the same personality, with the same lame dad jokes, has the same lame plot twists, and purposely hires bad low rent actors that he somehow sees something in became this overhyped genius?

The Russo Brothers (and their writing team) and James Gunn are million times better.

And yes I know that Jed and his wife are the showrunners, but whedon created the show, and read the scripts for all the first and maybe some of the second season and sweetened them.
>>
>>88143993
>Why isn't it canon?

Because the people who make the MCU don't care about the show or what it tries to do. They do what they want with no heed or concern of whatever the people who make the TVshows try to do to make it fit.
>>
>>88144291
Please tell me this is a pasta. If it's not we need to make it one.
>>
>>88143993
Wasn't AoS referenced in one of the Netflix shows, which was in turn referenced by Doctor Strange? Something about a hospital?
So it is canon. We're just not going to see any major reference to or incorporation of it in the movies because the one place it would have been easily understandable by normies (the end of Age of Ultron) wasn't used for it.
>Coulson is on the helicarrier with the Agents cameoing in the background
>TONY: Coulson? I thought you died.
>COULSON: It's a long story.
>>
File: Daredevil-12.jpg (65KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-12.jpg
65KB, 665x374px
>>88143993
Why isn't this canon?
>>
>>88144564
It's too good for the MCU.
>>
>>88144436

So you are apparently a whedonhead that cant handle being mocked so you think my post is satire? You are so fucking lame. All of you losers are. You are worse than DCU fans.

You do know their used to be hardcore Kevin Smith and M Night fans that thought the exact same way you do, and now where are they?

Whedon's a hack. Get over yourself.
>>
>>88144033
Looks like someone missed season 3.
>>
>>88144236
How on earth are the two Ghost Rider movies canon?
>>
Because only good stuff like Thor 2 can be canon
>>
>>88144707

They're not. He's shitposting.
>>
>>88144707
Not him they showed the previous host of the spirit of vengeance to be Johnny Blaze before Robbie Reyes. They've acknowledged his existence but not outright the events of the movies. I like to think the first ghost rider movie is still canon, it wasn't a very good movie but it had some cool shit.
>>
>>88143993
But it is
>>
>>88144618
And 2 and 4.
>>
>>88144291
>What was the show that started the whedon circlejerk discuss while you watch meme?

Is this supposed to be English?
>>
>>88144031
But why would that matter if people enjoy it?
>>
How is AoS not canon?
>>
>>88144962

The movies do nothing to acknowledge the show's existence, despite the fact that a lot of the shit that goes down in it is worth the attention of the Avengers. The movies don't acknowledge them because Marvel Studios doesn't care about the show.
>>
>>88145211
Does it really matter if it is canon though?
>>
>>88145326

That depends on the person. If you're a person who'd like more beyond the movies, it would (and that matters depends on if they think those added materials are good or bad). If you're content with the just the movies, it aught not to. But ofttimes, you have the former bugging the latter, inadvertently making the latter care if only by extension of being pissed off.
>>
movies take a year or 2 to make while tv takes a year to a couple of episodes to make; i think that it is mostly a problem of having movies have more trouble coincide with the tv than the other way around i.e. first season of agents of sheild
>>
>>88145211
I'd prefer this show declared non canon, because some of the shit happening it should really be more important to the MCU. For instance, Hydra's ultimate purpose being to find a wierd squid inhuman? I feel like that would have some up at some point in a Captain America film. Or inhumans at all? Someone should acknowledge that. The continued existence of Coulson? There is no good reason not to bring that to the avengers attention, they liked him.

So yeah, seems like some bullshit that is better wiped of existence.
>>
>>88143993
It is canon, but its best to think of it the way people think about Star Wars.

The most immediate and unquestionable canon are the movies. Then the TV shows, then the books and comics. Until the movies contradict the other material, its still canon.

Same goes for the MCU. It goes the movies, then the Netflix shows, then AoS. Until the movies directly contradict the shows, it's all kosher.
>>
This not being canon is like saying that the current X-Men and Ironman comics aren't canon because they're never mentioned in spider-man or other comics.
>>
>>88144584
Season 1, maybe
>>
>>88146788

Except people don't think that way about Star Wars. Lucasfilm has an entire department dedicated to making sure everything, hence forth, is cohesive and unquestionably on the same level as the films.

Marvel Studios, it's MCU, and the TV shows are a complete different story. Marvel Studios maked the movies, and that's it. If you want to compare it to Star Wars, then it's like George Lucas and his complete disregard for the Expanded Universe.
>>
>>88143993
Because it's shit. Skye is unbearable. Coulsen is boring and who gives a shit about the others?
>>
>>88147159
>Skye
Should have watched more than the first episode tbqh famalam.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.