[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some comics that feel silent hill esque? Less so on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

What are some comics that feel silent hill esque? Less so on the spooks, moreso on the comfy lonely atmosphere that dips into hardcore industrial horror and is mostly implicational in the story.

And yed, I'm aware of the comics based on the shitty western games.
>>
File: LPS05-cvrA.jpg (637KB, 1186x1800px) Image search: [Google]
LPS05-cvrA.jpg
637KB, 1186x1800px
Check out IDW's Littlest Pet Shop
>>
Read House of Leaves. Not a comic, but it has much of what you asked for. Though it is not industrial.

For comics, try Stray Toasters. Not really horror either, but it has a certain feel of dreamlike anxiety that is great. Plus, it is a very good comic.

Another good surreal comic is Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron.
>>
Also, Downpour was a good attempt. It wasn't as good as the orignal trilogy, but it was better than The Room and Homecoming.
>>
the comic Fell always felt like it was set in a town a hairs breadth away from becoming silent hill
>>
>>88128633
Shattered memories was the best post team silent
>>
>>88128765

Yes, that was good. For some reason I thought that was not western though. But I looked it up and it was a british team.

So, Shattered Memories and Downpour both had their good points in my mind. Never played Origin.

Book of Memories was really not a SH at all, but the joke ending was great.
>>
>>88128633
Homecoming would have been pretty good if they'd spent more time polishing it up

The endings were total shit but the general story and most of the settings weren't bad
>>
>>88128578
Was not expecting that
>>
If you want some weak industrial surrealism try gunnerkrigg court. It's a lower age group but it's pretty comfy
>>
>>88127771
try Colder
>>
>>88128883
Downpour was saved for me by imagining the town as a really frustrated GM who'd set up all this personal shit for the prisoners it was going to be playing with only to have most of them die right out of the gate.
>>
Triangle Girl is best waifu
>>
File: alcolumbiaunfinishedprojectpage.jpg (97KB, 790x549px) Image search: [Google]
alcolumbiaunfinishedprojectpage.jpg
97KB, 790x549px
>>88127771
Anything post-Big Numbers by Al Columbia, really. Pim & Francie: Golden Bear Days has (or is soon) getting a reprint, it's a fucking palimpsest-masterpiece, pretty traumatising, less so "comfy".
>>
File: alcolumbiakramers.jpg (631KB, 1961x2560px) Image search: [Google]
alcolumbiakramers.jpg
631KB, 1961x2560px
>>88128625
Wicked recs anon. Although I'm not sure even Sienkiewicz knows what's going on in Stray Toasters! Velvet Glove is classic earlyish Clowes. Nice one Anon.
>>88133455
Al Columbia's page from the latest Kramers Ergot
>>
>>88128633
>as the orignal trilogy

*as the original trilogy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.