[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /co/ feel about pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

how does /co/ feel about pic related?
>>
A very well-constructed movie, if a little formulaic.

Songs were weak tho.
>>
>>88110921
French manlet and KANGZ the musical.
>>
>>88110921
it's decent, but not great.

villain was awesome but criminally underused
>>
>>88110921
Entertaining. Great villain, even if he was underused. I like the soundtrack, but then I like all the American-born forms of music they bounced between. Dixieland Jazz, a little Cab Calloway, Gospel, some Zydeco...
>>
>>88110946
>this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g00kEcGh4j8
>weak
>>
>black princess
>turn her green for most of the movie
What was even the point?
>>
>>88110921
Hopefully it shows up in Kingdom hearts just for the villain.
>>
>>88110986
It is. The melody stinks, the lyrics are uninspired, and it's broken up by way too many talking interludes. Keith David is the one thing carrying it.
>>
>>88110921
>set up as a young black woman's struggles in a society that favours white men

>proceeds to have wacky frog hijinks for the rest of the movie

I know I should expect this from Disney, but I'm still kind of disappointed
>>
The Princess and the Wasted Potential.

Good setting, characters, and scenarios that are ripe for exploring, but, sadly, nothing much happens.
>>
>>88110971
Pretty much. Facilier was the best part.
>>
>>88111022
kingdom hearts is shit though
>>
They had one chance to make 2D popular again.

And then they made the protag black.
>>
>>88110946
>Songs were weak tho.

This. Randy Newman was a poor choice. Based Menken would raise the film profile.
>>
>>88110921

>>88111079
>>88110971
>>88110985

greatest disney villain death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTqHbiE0vl8
>>
>>88110921
Heard it has a great villain but nothing else.

Wondering if it's worth finally giving a shot.
>>
>>88110921
Objectively worst princess.
>>
>>88111230
That would be Ariel
>>
>>88111230
>>88111281
*Belle
>>
Blonde girl was best part of the movie
>>
>>88110921
it was bretty gud.
>old school 2-d animation
>great villain
>decent songs

7/10
>>
>>88111301
Belle didn't abandon her family and friends and risk the destruction of the seas because she wanted to ride on a cock
>>
>>88111362

Belle was an elitist prick who thought reading a few books made her an intellectual and better than everyone else her in town.

She's the poster child for 20-something pretentiousness.
>>
>>88110971
Keith-fucking-David voicing a voodoo witchdoctor Baron Samedi and we barely see him or really understand his plan besides YUM YUM SOULS FOR MY BOSS SOMEHOW

How do you fuck up this bad?
>>
>nigger princess
Dropped.
>>
>>88110921
I love this movie.
>>
>>88111947
More like frog princess
>>
I loved Facilier's design and music.
>>
name a more useless disney side character than that fucking aligator
you can't
>>
>>88110971
>villain was awesome but criminally underused

This. They could have scrapped the scene with the redneck frog hunters and had a scene with more of Dr. Facilier's backstory instead. It would have made him seem more fleshed out and more threatening as a villain.
>>
It was pretty good, but not "Disney Renaissance" good, which is what I think everyone was hoping for.
>>
>>88110921
Loved the princess and loved the villian. Too bad everything else was mediocre.
>>
>>88111070
It felt like Disney was so afraid of offending anyone that they ended with a safe mediocre story with really nice animation.
>>
>>88112405
That's why it's hard to do non-white characters

Reminds me of how Disney had to pull the Maui costume because it was basically a brown bodysuit with his tattoos on it and IT'S MY CULTURE NOT A COSTUME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Why PATF is racist.jpg (247KB, 916x529px) Image search: [Google]
Why PATF is racist.jpg
247KB, 916x529px
>>
>>88112433
well what the fuck were they thinking when making that bodysuit in he first place
>>
I love Keith David and cheesy Hollywood voodoo, so the villain is 10/10.
Unfortunately I'm not crazy about the wacky animal bits which is the meat of the movie so oops.
hes got the best death though. It's the perfect end for an excellent character. I really wish he'd been used more.
>>
>>88111316
It was nice to see a wealthy female character who wasn't a total bitch. She was spoiled rotten and oblivious at times, but she seemed to genuinely care about Tiana.
>>
It's good up until she turns into a frog.
>>
Great but some bits were shocking.
I just remember the redneck dying and his funeral just felt like it wasn't supposed to be there.
>>
>>88112526
That half Maui's costume design is his tattoos, probably
>>
>>88110921
fuck that stupid frog twist. I think it might be the bayou setting that hurt the appeal of the goofy animal characters.
>>
>>88112526

Without the tattoos, his costume is basically just a grass skirt.
>>
>>88110986
That one is the best in the movie, the rest are so bad I can barely remember them, the fireflies did a shitty song and so did the old woman

the main character sung a bland song but at least the visuals were cool in that part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lkyqLhLXQ4

this is fucking awful
>>
>>88112600

Some of the backgrounds of the city of New Orleans and Lotte's mansion were beautiful. It's too bad that they didn't spend more time in those settings instead of a generic swamp.
>>
this is a post
>>
>>88112751

Go on...
>>
It's a movie that would be extremely benefitted by a remake, but it's too soon to do one. Maybe in about a decade when normies dont remember it in the slightest, redo it with the 3D studio and keep us out of the damn swamp.

Or just make a new movie set in New Orleans with a voodoo with doctor and older black culture. It's too good of a concept to scrap and it's rarely explored by media in general.
>>
File: adorable.jpg (7KB, 251x219px) Image search: [Google]
adorable.jpg
7KB, 251x219px
>>88113036

remakes and sequels are going to be the next thing at disney, your wish will come true!
>>
>>88110921
I liked that her friend didn't grow up and betray her or some shit like I was kind of expecting.
>>
>>88110921
Amazing villain, decent plot, forgettable songs. Solid 7/10
>>
Movie was average.
Tiana however is best princess and absolutely underrated.
>>
>>88110946
>Don't you disrespect me little man!
>>
File: 1473168181908.gif (115KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1473168181908.gif
115KB, 512x512px
>>88110921
final nail in america's faith in 2d animations coffin. We had to wait for another spongebob movie before we could see another american 2d movie on the big screen again.
>>
Villain didn't get enough screen time
The firefly was annoying

Other than that it was pretty good
>>
>>88115705

barney next year. doubt it's gonna be good.
>>
Lost interest half-way through.
>>
>>88112526

The character is supposed to be builtfat. It's not any different from other superhero or strongmen bodysuits that have muscles in the costume.
>>
>>88112751
I won't believe your lies!
>>
>>88110921
I watched it right after re-watching the Little Mermaid. Seeing the parallels and contrasts was interesting. Princess and the Frog has twice the number of songs and the plot is twice as complex.

It reminded my about an article I read about how plots in tv and film, especially children entertainment is becoming more complex. It argued that kids are becoming smarter and people are evolving as an audience.
>>
At least shewas a frog for most of the movie.
>>
If the movie hadn't had the animals and had instead stayed in the city to focus on tiana and falceir, (and sure the prince can stick around, let's not go too far). But would a movie about a girl fighting a witch doctor be better?
>>
File: Trump Level Bait.jpg (24KB, 600x600px)
Trump Level Bait.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>88110948
this is the very poorly constructed bait, seriously it's very shallow how ''muh edgy'' you're trying to be
>>
>>88118942
Eight.
>>
>>88111204
when you think about how he is going to spend the rest of his life this is actually kinda horriying
>>
>>88111230
actually no, ariel or aurora are objectively worse

ariel because her actions made her a dumb chad chasing cunt and aroura because she literally didn't do anything other than turn 16 and fall asleep.

my choice for worst would be Ariel because at least aurora wasn't a dumb chad chasing cunt >>88111281 this anon knows what he's taking about, >>88111230 this anon probably doesn't like black people or was just trolling. either way he is very wrong.
>>
I still need to watch it which is a little weird because I've lived in New Orleans my entire life and I'm making a supernatural comedy cartoon set there.

What year does this movie take place in?
>>
>>88119224
I'd say during the 1920s, maybe a few years before the Wall Street Crash fucked everybody's shit up. I think it's the First World War that Tiana's father joined to fight in the prologue.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.