[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey do you guys still read comics? What do you guys think of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 3098859-ya_logo_1.jpg (851KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
3098859-ya_logo_1.jpg
851KB, 3300x2550px
Hey do you guys still read comics? What do you guys think of Young Animal? I am enjoying it for the most part.
>>
>>88099619
Not a bad book in the punch. Pulling all of them.
>>
I read Doom Patrol. It's like someone took six different comics, disassembled them and randomly tossed pages from them into a single book.

It's like an acid trip as seen by a person with ADD.
>>
>>88099619
>do you guys still read comics?

Fuck no. Comics are for nerds.
>>
>>88103658
F-fuck you Chad
>>
File: dp6.jpg (198KB, 588x892px) Image search: [Google]
dp6.jpg
198KB, 588x892px
Doom Patrol > Shade > Cave Carson > Mother Panic

Saying that I've only read the first issues of CC and MP, need to pick up the newest ones. But DP gets me excited like no other comic on the shelves does, and every issue so far has been stunning (and I say that as someone with zero familiarity with the team)
>>
File: 1432342482533.jpg (70KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432342482533.jpg
70KB, 480x480px
>>88103822
Shade > Mother Panic > Doom Patrol > Cave Carson

Cave Carson just doesn't work for me, largely due to the loathsome art. Scioli backup is great though.

I've liked Doom Patrol so far, but reading it you can see the sweat on Way's brow as he struggles to make it as weird as possible.
>>
>>88101727
This.
>>
>>88099619
Don't give a shit about Mother Panic, and sorry Gerard, I only pull Cave Carson for muh nigga Tom Scioli's three pages per issue.

Shade and Doom Patrol are neat. Fully invested in those.
Shade's pencils have grown on me. Those facial expressions are so alien and pained, it's occasionally unsettling.
Too bad they really skimp on the whole "Madness" bit, more often then no going for a plateau on "eclectic".
>>
>>88105451
>Cave Carson just doesn't work for me, largely due to the loathsome art.
Oeming is odd, but capable of good work.
I blame the colorist.
>>
art is excellent all over. tho im not much into oeming

to me its looking like shade>mp>dp>cave
>>
>>88105555
>Too bad they really skimp on the whole "Madness" bit, more often then no going for a plateau on "eclectic".
m8
>>
File: shade and mother panic cosplay.jpg (456KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
shade and mother panic cosplay.jpg
456KB, 1536x2048px
>>88105671
mein negro

I'm surprised how much I've liked both Shade and Mother Panic, as those were the two I wasn't very interested in beforehand. Shade especially has been amazing.
>>
Maybe I'm too casual but I'm enjoying Cave Carson's story more than whatever the fuck is happening in Shade.
>>
They're all good so far. People are gonna get contrarian especially with the kinda Hipster-Vertigo territory these comics are in but it's 4/4 right now.

Shade is the best of them, just feels very competently and cleverly executed not obtuse in the intro but with a lot of depth potentially sitting there. I feel like Shade is the one where the whole product art + writing comes together from the word go.

I wasn't initially sold on Doom Patrol but I feel like from issue 3 it really kicked into high gear and I can see the arc of the comic and like where it's going now. It is aping Morrison a bit for sure but that's no bad thing for a DP comic, and it's not just copying him in content or style so I don't mind.

Mother Panic is my least favourite. Mother Panic has gorgeous art but plotwise it is a little too Batwoman for me overall. Ofc this is still first issue and if you just give it up to the 2/3 issues the others have that might be enough to turn me on it. I suppose I feel that while Shade or DP are establishing themselves as different enough from the previous Shade or DP run(s), Mother Panic is very Elegy Batwoman from the intro.

I'm not completely sold on Cave Carson at the moment. I don't have a problem with the art as others seem too here, and I like how the comic itself is comfortable shifting from conventional scenes to absolute gross-out gore scenarios like decapitating some body horror monster with a fucking drill. The art is only a letdown in that it doesn't give those scenes some gore movie magnificence. As a book having that tipping point between Carson's mundane depression and feelings of pointlessness/powerless and the horror lurking below the surface works well with the whole spelunker history and even the choice of Wild Dog as a supporting character, who essentially embodies that kinda thing as well. So IDK, I'm interested but waiting for the issue where I know I'm reading it for the duration.
>>
>>88105810
If you're familiar with Milligan's Shade what's going on in this one is probably easier to grasp at the moment. And Milligan's Shade is a great comic so well worth reading. At the same time I'm not a fan of not encouraging really reading a comic and everything Shade is doing it has shown on the page, so maybe you re too casual.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.