[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerpuff Girls 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 38

File: IMG_2099.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2099.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
What went so awfully wrong?
>>
It existed.
>>
A genuine lack of understanding what people loved about the original show.
>>
>>88098043
Are they using some weird CGI? Why does the animation look so weird? It's like...cheap plastic.
>>
They hardly do any of the super hero shit they did from the original series. The new villains are shit and those from the old series are under used, or complete jokes of their real self.
>>
>>88098937
This
They took a superhero cartoon and turned it into TTG without any of the quirkiness.

Even if they made it the most generic magical girl cartoon ever on television, it would still have some semblance of being PPG. These bodysnatchers have stolen the likeness, but none of what made them good or fun.
>>
>>88098113
That is the result of the modern era of computer animation.

Now, when someone wants to animate something, they drop the model into a computer program that simulates a real person drawing it by hand. They bend and pull it like play-doh and the computer animation program promptly draws it like play-doh because it has no basis on what PPG should look for 'feel' like.

It's actually kind of sad when you consider that PPG looked cheap for its time. It was made with lots of characters consisting of very easy-to-draw shapes designed specifically because of the shoestring budget they had to operate on. It's just now, 'shoestring budget' means 'hires at least one person who can operate a computer'.
>>
>>88099777
>>88098113
The OP's pic is ugly looking fan art
>>
>>88099804
Either ways, nuPPG looks like ass.
>>
People are starting to get tired of unnecessary sequels and/or reboots. It's just a blatant cash grab.
>>
>>88098043
Lack of coherent intent.
Tried to appeal to both newcomers and older fans, but ended up annoying both.
>>
they got rid of bellum
>>
>Mostly new cast and crew
>Old show given to recent CalArts grads
>Trying to insert current day tween culture and references
>Terrible animation combined with too many animation and art errors for a modern day cartoon
>Getting rid of a Miss Bellum because they think she is a bad woman role or some SJW reason.
>lolsorandom faces and reactions

Just some of the reasons why it sucks.
>>
>>88099804
The real deal isn't much better.
>>
Honestly, the meta-show for nuPPG is probably even worse than the show itself.
Between things like removing Bellum and claiming Horn, Sweet Horn was about transgenders, it reeks of SJW-ravaging.
>>
>>88100377
is surprise me that they episode was so bad that the SJW started to bash them too, they don't anyone to cater anymore, not even the kids are liking this thing
>>
>>88099777
I want to ______ Powered Blossom.
>>
File: IMG_6964.png (555KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6964.png
555KB, 1280x720px
Everything went wrong. Terrible writing, replacing voice actors for no reason, butchering the original art style, adding memes thatll be outdated in 7+ years, removing ms. Bellum, and worst of all the shitty animation most likely done by amateurs
>>
>>88100791
Guess that's why it's getting a second season.
>>
File: tumblr_m1ewiqUc8J1qjj2ado1_500.png (274KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1ewiqUc8J1qjj2ado1_500.png
274KB, 500x379px
>>88098111
And to illustrate what that was:
>Understanding how to use limited designs compositionally. Even the what they were designed have thought process to it. They do stylistic 8 shapes when they cross their arms. Their floating pose with the one knee up is very iconic to them.
>Good colors used to make the overall limited animation show look like an illustration. Almost like a children's book, very "Mary Blair"-esque. Rarely were characters just thrown onto a background, the background was built around the characters to make them pop.
>The contrast between three little girls kicking ass in the most violent manner possible. It was funny and entertaining.
>The contrast between three hardcore crime-fighters with amazing powers still having little kid troubles. Being afraid of the dark, unable to fight without your blanky, missing your toy, icky germs, school bullying, being embarrassed at school, etc.
>Three characters with strong dynamics who could bounce off of each other in dialogue and gags. It was basically a game of rock, paper, scissors with them and they practically wrote themselves. Bubbles was too sweet for Buttercup who was too rebellious against leader Blossom who was too impatient for Bubbles constant silliness and sweet ideas. The characters were often so simple to understand you could easily gravitate to whichever was your favorite.
>Seeing these what could be understood as one-note characters being thrown into scenarios that added depth. Bubbles didn't JUST want to be cute. Blossom wants to be a loved leader, not a feared one. Buttercup being too embarrassed to reveal her soft side because what will people say? They EXPECT her to be hardcore at this point.
>Solid supporting characters. The evil cat, the boogeyman, the next door neighbor who wanted to be a villain. None of them could just be boiled down to "quirky". What the fuck did Donny the Unicorn add?

My post is hitting it's limit. These are just a few things.
>>
>>88100791
There has to be some context to this.
>>
>>88100813
>getting another season means its good

It means it's filler. The toys still sell, but none of the new toys are on the same level as the old toys.

By your logic, Johnny Test must be the best show on Cartoon Network.
>>
>>88100879
I just looked up the episode, turns out it was intentional
>>
>>88100813
>>88100906
Actually the second season was green lighted before the show even started, they really thought this was going to be a sucess, but why?
>>
>>88101003
Because name recognition
Didn't they do the same with TTG?
>>
>>88100906
We know this was made to be cash grab, but when we can know if they toys are selling, because if this thing sell toys then the crapshow could go on for 5 seasons
>>
>>88101111
I don't think PPG toys ever stopped selling. They were selling just as good when the movie came out as when nuPPG was first announced.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-06-22h58m29s116.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-06-22h58m29s116.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Because a man is no longer in charge.

I met one of the head writers, she's nice but not someone I'd let handle my cartoons
>>
>>88098043
>watching episode 35
>DID they just let the baby drop from a height after they turn it back to normal!?
>MY FACE
>>
>>88102225
>I met one of the head writers

Tell us more.
>>
>>88100791
>outdated in 7 years
memes get outdated in 7 months
>>
>>88098043
A fair amount of things, namely this >>88098111 and a clear focus on profit and being "hip with the kids" than just being a good show
>>
>>88100059
I'm so glad nobody tried to defend that.

Like I'm sure a couple people did but like 98% of people were like "what the actual fuck"
>>
File: Bubbles.jpg (45KB, 501x533px) Image search: [Google]
Bubbles.jpg
45KB, 501x533px
Where did the Professor go wrong as a parent?
>>
>>88098043
Liberty Bell came back?

What happened in that episode? Did Harmony Bunny and Mange appear too?
>>
>>88103142
Adult Swim has a yearly boat ride for NYCC, A few famous people hang out. The VA's for PPG were there and I talked to them for a bit she was kinda smashed but really nice if I wasn't so poor at the time I probably could have gone with them to an after party.
>>
>>88098043
There's something up with that outfit, is that supposed to be fucking Major Glory?

Are they gonna throw Dexter's shit into this as well?
>>
>>88098043
First, you gotta ask the question.

"Was there really a demand for this?"
>>
>>88098043
They put no effort into making it good.
>>
>>88100859
reaching this hard... It was just a show about little girls fighting monsters.
>>
Where's our love, Dick?
>>
>>88104685
No, it's Liberty Bell. She was in an episode of the original. All three girls had alter egos. Buttercup was an edgy Spawn clone named Spore or Scab or something. Bubbles was a cute bunny.
>>
>>88105135
It's thoughts like that that give you Powerpuff Girls 2016.
>>
>>88103586
To start he was trying to make little girls in secret in his basement.
>>
>>88105470
With a monkey to help him I might add.
>>
>>88098043
Liberalism.
>>
>>88098043
The creators deleted Ms. Bellum but then took the effort to animate little girls twirking.

IE,. Successful mature business women bad, softcore pedophilia okay.

This series is a joke.
>>
>>88103104
WHAT?
>>
>>88098043
The two biggest cancers of the internet

Nostalgia and social justice
>>
>>88102225
only men should be allowed to do animation
>>
>>88098043
mere excuse to push more toys.
>>
>>88105135
CN intern spotted
>>
basically cartoon network didn't want a show so much as new commercials for new ppg merch
>>
what really angered me about removing Miss Bellum was that she was the personification of the old statement "i could do my boss's job better then they could."
>>
File: IMG_2100.gif (369KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2100.gif
369KB, 400x330px
>>88099804
ay fuck you, it looks cute.
>>88100059
nobody gave any fuck about bellum until they got rid of her. Was there any explanation about why did they do it?
>>88100136
>Trying to insert current tween culture and references
THIS. Why are cartoons so obsessed with including millenial shit? It's fucking annoying and cringe worthy.
>>88103294
>hip with the kids
It didn't work for Hillary, when will they learn?
>>88106251
It's not just social justice, I'm surprised nobody in this thread mentioned the blatant attempt to force ideals of feminism in this show. The girls' likeable personality have gone to shit and being replaced by the new writer's feminist beliefs. Other points some people already mentioned but I'm too lazy to quote.
>Memorable old villains such as HIM were replaced by tumblr-tier villains like MANBOY and Bianca Bikini and her gorilla.
>Fights are barely part of the show anymore.
> Buttercup speaks like a nigger
> Blossom is useless
> Bubbles is a gamer gurl and knows to program because fuck you.
> The professor is beyond useless.
> Muh diversity.
> Muh dank memes.
Even CN commercials about the "we got the power" song based on the show displays little girls holding up signs with "strong" "smart" "brave" while the boys have "caring" "creative" "cuck", etc. I'm probably looking too much into it but I can't he the only one who noticed.
>>
>>88105135
and this is why you will never be a careered story teller. you don't respect the form. having it explained to you has overwhelmed your senses and you probably didn't finish reading what was written because of your limited attention span. congratulations. they made PPG 2016 for you.
>>
>>88103264
>Pepe
>>
I only started watching the original show a few weeks ago, and even I couldn't even sit through a whole episode of this trash reboot
>>
>>88107490
A show becomes stupid when you remove its Sarah Bellum.
>>
>>88107564
>MANBOY

That's the short dude, right? I still think he'd be fine in the original with some tweaking.
>>
>>88100136
>Getting read of Miss Bellum
What? Bullshit!
>>
>>88098043
There agenda was to strong. Half the episodes were shameless framed around modern "issues" and they tried using the show as a teaching tool about them.
Not the smartest move since they didn't understand that half of those "issues" are loaded guns that make people unhappy no matter how you address it.
TTG at least ribs at life in general rather then trying to teach some broken lesson in the most boring way possible.
>>
>>88105135
And Hamlet is just a story about a guy whose father is killed and looks for revenge.
You can make anything sound dull or simplistic if you talk like that.
>>
File: Maylyn.png (157KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Maylyn.png
157KB, 750x1000px
>>88108851
I think every character added to nuPPG could have been made into a decent to great character, if Craig McCracken was behind everything to make sure it wasn't shit. Starting with the designs, for one.

>>88105135
Congrats, (You) get a reply solely for being a dipshit that never watched the show at all and still thinks it's a girl's show because it has girls in it.
>>
>>88099777

Its less like play-doh and more like they make paper dolls which they move around, instead of drawing the gestures and movements. Looks cheap regardless.
>>
>>88100183
It's not like the original looked any better either.
>>
>>88109746
It did look better since it had competent directors and supervisors that actually did their jobs properly.

Don't even try the nostalgia argument, I literally just finished watching the first few episodes of season 1 for the first time.
>>
>>88109785
Nah, it always looked like shit. And that's what's so sad about NuPuffs-- the bar was so offensively LOW, and they still couldn't even clear it.
>>
>>88100859

Its much simpler than that. Original PPG used to be like golden era Simpsons, only the gags and jokes were better hidden behind a superhero theme. Why PPG was successful was pretty much the same reason why Dexter's Lab was successful. It was inventive, it was actually funny without using some stupid fucking internet memes, and the general themes of each episode circled around something that kids thought to be cool, like mechas, giant monsters, superheroes etc. And there was a generally better mixup of episodes, from outright joke episodes to new "villain of the week" episode, to occasional weird and even little bit scary episodes.

For a good example, an episode where its a rainy day and the girls have nothing to do, and its still a million times more interesting episode than anything the reboot shat out:

https://youtu.be/1mZXmnkTYOM
The new show turned into a social commentary with internet memes and boring shit nobody likes.
>>
File: cupsfollowing.png (779KB, 1368x711px) Image search: [Google]
cupsfollowing.png
779KB, 1368x711px
>>88109798
>It's another "not muh animu style" episode
I hope you die of cancer, cancer.
>>
>>88098111

Pretty much this. Like a lot of nostalgic cash-grabs, PPG'16 assumed it could ride on the name alone. That reliance on "brand value", however, came at the expense of making a show that stayed true to the original's spirit.

Take the Miss Bellum situation. In the original show, she was one of the few non-PPG female characters, a positive influence on the PPG themselves, and a well-written character in her own right. She was a character who was essential to the show, whose absence would've made the show that much worse. But apparently her being drawn with an hourglass figure is all the new PPG team saw in her, because they straight-up WROTE HER OUT OF THE SHOW as soon as they could.

That alone was enough to make me watch PPG - the original series, that is.
>>
File: 1472295940484.jpg (524KB, 886x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1472295940484.jpg
524KB, 886x1002px
>>88108824
You got me bro
>>
>>88108824

10/10, TOP KEK
>>
>>88109809
>>88100859
I enjoy over-analyzing why shit is good or bad in cartoons and I wish we could have more threads about it but I know starting a thread like that in /co/ would just die with one or two posts.

It just fascinates me being able to understand why something like Beavis and Butthead is great while all people comment on for Johnny Test is "shit animation".
>>
>>88108888
He dosen't know
>>
>>88110094

Johnny Test was shit because it was generic bullshit shovelled onto an unwitting populace and rerun at TTG levels for months and months despite no one liking it. It had shoddy animation, shitty storylines, terrible voice acting, and everything else you'd find in an otherwise forgettable show. If it had come and gone like CN Real, nobody would have even cared about it.
>>
>>88099777
>It's just now, 'shoestring budget' means 'hires at least one person who can operate a computer'.
PPG 2016 is animated in South Korea by Sunmin Image Pictures, and the credits suggest there is much more staff than what should be necessary (and who knows how many people were employed in Korea).
>>
creativity is dead
>>
>>88110313

No, it's not. It's just taken a backseat to business concerns. TV and movie studios don't want to take huge risks any more - especially not with billions of dollars at stake in a given fiscal year - so they fall back on nostalgia and "formula" output to make their money. That approach works well for some companies (hi, Marvel Studios!), but it isn't a guarantee of success (hi, studio that greenlit and released the RoboCop remake!).

Incidentally, this is why mid-range movies are slowly disappearing from the Hollywood landscape - studios either want big returns on small investments (e.g., Deadpool) or bigger returns on big investments (e.g., Civil War).
>>
>>88110370
Business is always a concern due to the cost of producing movies and television shows.

One of the reasons why you see so many weird, varied and niche things being made in Japan is because they are so effective at business. In the West that's always demonized because this is art and we can't have commerce polluting it.
>>
>>88110697

It's not so much the idea of "commerce polluting art" that people object to, so much as it is the idea of "commerce controlling what kind of art gets made and by whom it gets made". Think of the PPG reboot: Most people probably wouldn't have complained about the show before it had even aired if the show's creator had been involved. But CN decided "fuck you, we can do this on our own" was the right thing to do because it wanted nostalgiabux, and now it has a critical (and possibly financial) bomb on its hands for at least one more season.
>>
>>88110769
Commerce is behind the wheel in Japan too. They are just much better at driving.
>>
File: Bubbleshospital.jpg (16KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Bubbleshospital.jpg
16KB, 512x384px
>>88103586
kids need a mother and a father
>>
>>88111061
Bets on Who's the father?
>>
>>88098043
It felt more like a self parody of the original cartoon than a reboot.
>>
>>88111084
Buttercup
>>
>>88107564
>tumblr-tier villains
I am fairly sure even Tumblr is angry about them (and the show in general) at this point.
>>
File: tiny titans2.gif (17KB, 650x548px) Image search: [Google]
tiny titans2.gif
17KB, 650x548px
PPG did feature cuteness and comedy, but it was still a superhero action show and the girls would become bad ass warriors when needed. The new ones lack any superhero edge.
>>
>>88111084
Probably him.
>>
Cartoon Network only rebooted PPG because they need something to fall back on if Warner Bros decides to stop making TTG.

But they don't have any understanding of why people like TTG.
>>
Just imagine how mad will the LGBT community get if HIM made more appearances!
>>
>>88111699
So they're no using Him because they think he's problematic? He appears in the Tiara episode but for like 1min, i thought the lgbt comunity at least the adult one love Him, my gay friends love Him
>>
>>88111674
I thought CN rebooted PPG because they were the only network that didn't have at least one cartoon on their station with a girl as their main protagonist? At the time Nickelodeon had Ladybug + all their live action shit. Disney at least had Star VS. CN didn't even meet the demographic requirement of "at least one".
>>
>>88108972
Remember Gamer Gator!?

Yeah they backed off on that one.
>>
>>88111810
Was it even real or just a hoax?
>>
>>88111754
Apparently the drag community loves him (Him).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lm86NZnR8s
>>
>>88111836
We'll probably never know
>>
>>88111836
Probably real but they backpeddle like crazy after the unicorn episode.
>>
>>88111886
What's not love about Him, he's a villian in drag, but he's not a joke villian is the most competent one and every other villian give him the respect he deserves, the LGBT comunity should love him
>>
>>88099777

They Need to hire more black men and pay them more than inferior whites.
>>
File: tumblr_odeihgQ6kv1ssxg2yo1_500.gif (435KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odeihgQ6kv1ssxg2yo1_500.gif
435KB, 500x281px
>>88100859
This is actually a nice analysis. Would read a whole post somewhere from you, since it seems like you knew how to put whatever I disliked about the reboot into words.
>>
>>88098111
Pretty much this, it took the name Powerpuff and that's about it.
>>
>>88103264
They'll be outdated in 7 months and completely incomprehensible in 7 years.
>>
>>88098043
They try WAY to hard to be modern and follow all the bad trends. The animation also sucks ass
>>
>>88112388
Responding to my post with a gif of my friend's animation.

Now that's just creepy.
>>
>>88107564
>while the boys have "caring" "creative" "cuck", etc.
Did it really say cuck?
>>
File: HIM.gif (85KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
HIM.gif
85KB, 500x385px
>>88111409
Oh no
>>
>>88110370
>No, it's not. It's just taken a backseat to business concerns. TV and movie studios don't want to take huge risks any more - especially not with billions of dollars at stake in a given fiscal year - so they fall back on nostalgia and "formula" output to make their money. That approach works well for some companies (hi, Marvel Studios!), but it isn't a guarantee of success (hi, studio that greenlit and released the RoboCop remake!).

It was as bad 30 years ago. Do you even realize what the movie landscape in the 80s looked liked?

>Halloween VI
>Star Trek V
>Poltergeist III
>Friday the 13th XVII

Summer blockbusters are always innately conservative and rarely take risks or experiment.
>>
File: 1459981128589.gif (3MB, 979x545px) Image search: [Google]
1459981128589.gif
3MB, 979x545px
Can anything in season 2 top this?
>>
>>88113532
Not that anon but tell your friend I've watched that one short on repeat hundreds of times, that thing is hypnotic.
>>
>>88114721

>Summer blockbusters are always innately conservative and rarely take risks or experiment.

Combined with competition from streaming services, TV, video gaming, and all the other various distractions and minutae of modern living, theaters aren't going to want movies that won't make them money. That's why studios keep trying to make new franchise tentpoles (hi, Mummy remake!), expand blockbusters out of the summer window (hi, Doctor Strange!), and rely on nostalgia or franchise recognition to ensure at least some form of income, if not profit.
>>
>>88107564
>THIS. Why are cartoons so obsessed with including millenial shit? It's fucking annoying and cringe worthy.
Because autistic cartoon staff in their 20s and 30s who think every fucking show needs to include Reddit memes from three years ago.
>>
>>88115031
>expand blockbusters out of the summer window
>Thinking this hasn't been the case since Titanic
>>
>>88115031
Relying on nostalgia is stupid because it's condescending to fans of the franchise they're rebooting, and also some franchises are based on dated concepts that do not work 30 years later.
>>
The way to stop nostalgia pandering and reboots is to clip copyright terms at 35 years. That way shit from the 80s or whatever is PD now and they'd be forced to make new franchises instead of shit like Feminist Ghostbusters.
>>
File: him4.gif (352KB, 496x368px) Image search: [Google]
him4.gif
352KB, 496x368px
>>88114527
Him was kind of sexy tbqh
>>
>>88115152

Good luck ever getting that to happen, though. Disney might just have you killed for daring to suggest it.
>>
>>88115194
But then, who really cares what Disney thinks anyway?
>>
>>88115239

The lawyers they pay to fight copyright and trademark cases in court, the lobbyists they pay to make sure copyright stays strongly in favor of corporations...
>>
>>88115272
I'm talking actual humans, not lawyers and lobbyists.
>>
>>88115290

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
>>
>>88115290
Ok, gotcha. Let's all hope Trump puts some restrictions on lobbying as he claims.
>>
>>88115343

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>88115362
And your hero Shrillary was going to do anything about lobbyists now?
>>
>>88115390

We'll never know now because Trump will be President.

Bitch about Hillary all you want, but you'll never change the fact that you voted for a con man who never wanted the job he was trying to get.
>>
>>88115431
>who never wanted the job he was trying to get.
Nigga, you don't get this far "not" wanting something. He had numerous avenues to quit while he's ahead.
>>
>>88100136
>Getting rid of a Miss Bellum because they think she is a bad woman role or some SJW reason.
I haven't watched PPG in years, but wasn't she one of the most competent characters on the show?
>>
Cash-grab
>>
>>88115499
Yes. Fuck, her name is a pun on Cerebellum, a part of the brain.
>>
>>88115475

He wanted the cheers of the crowd and the ability to say "I won".
>>
>>88115499
She was the power behind the throne, a sensible women the girls admired and looked up to.
>>
>>88115499
She isn't a 300lb land whale with a cyberpunk hairstyle, so she had to go.
>>
>>88115615

That's no way to talk about your mother, man.
>>
>>88115669
Bazingo! Ya totes got him, dude! *dabs*
>>
>>88115685

You're functionally retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>88098111
>original is girls fighting monsters
>reboot is girls fighting monsters
>>
>>88119003
Ghostbusters
>original is busting ghosts
>sequel is busting ghosts
>>
>>88119003
Lotta CN interns in this thread.
>>
File: epic meme bro.png (74KB, 414x300px) Image search: [Google]
epic meme bro.png
74KB, 414x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8wOE7J8G1U

NO ME GUSTA
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 250x82px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 250x82px
>>88114899
No prob.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>88119003
Where?
>>
>>88115031
But wasnt doctor strange good
>>
>>88119003
Where the fuck are the fight scenes then?
>>
>>88098043
It was written by women
>>
>>88122014
Women write things in Japan all the time and it isn't any problem.
>>
File: 1480292782390.jpg (29KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1480292782390.jpg
29KB, 320x287px
>>88098043
I-Is the nightmare finally over?
>>
File: pew.gif (2MB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
pew.gif
2MB, 400x229px
>>88108824
Good god
>>
>>88098043
A show about superheroes that ironically were girls turned into a show about girl superheroes.
>>
>>88122076
japan hasnt produced any good media ever
>>
>>88123568
In that case neither has anyone else.
>>
File: Good Job.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Good Job.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>88108824
>>
>>88119143
a self aware meme is cancer incarnate
>>
File: it's time to stop.webm (551KB, 626x480px) Image search: [Google]
it's time to stop.webm
551KB, 626x480px
>>88119143
>>
>>88098043
American millennial scum. And I say that as someone in his 20s.

I go to a very famous, very prestigious university. I'm theoretically supposed to be around the best and the brightest, right?

And yet the shit people say is beyond belief. It's not even that they're wrong, people are wrong all the time and it's generally not infuriating.

But it's that there's not a shred of self-awareness in what they say. I can even understand them not being open to different opinions because, leaving memes about SJWs aside, that's exactly what conservatives are like too - "I'm right and I know it". But it's more than that, it's an aura of omnipresent arrogance and smugness, always projecting the feeling of "I'm better than you on every conceivable level due to my stances, and I refuse to acknowledge that other people might have reasons for thinking the way they do". It's borderline solipsistic. And as an actual liberal and an actual progressive, I hate them much more than /pol/ does because they're doing their level best to discredit everything I believe in and turn ideas that people have died for into a joke.

And you see this with the media those people produce - it's smug, it panders to them, the characters are mouthpieces for their ideas even when it makes no sense given the setting or the target demographic (elementary school kids don't give a shit about feminism, they want cool/cute/funny stuff).

PPG 2016 failed because these people don't realize you can't create media based on your biases and expect general audiences to like it. Placing "your message" ahead of competent characterization, a decent story, memorable villains, etc. is a sure way to get a shit show, and inundating it with contemporary references is a sure way to make sure everyone will cringe 5 years from now if they watch it.

PPG was successful in part because it was timeless - there were references to everything, from Rocky and Bullwinkle to the Beatles, not just turn of the millennium stuff.
>>
>>88114835
sooner or later, anon.
>>
>>88124115
this

millennials are fucking cancer
>>
>>88098043
Is this still on the air or was it cancelled? I honestly have no idea.
>>
>>88124166
God, why can't the activists today be like the activists in the 60s?

You had all sorts of groups and movements, from free love Age of Aquarius hippies to mainstream anti-war protestors to peaceful civil rights activists to radical armed guerillas to weird sci-fi cults. Not all of it was good but at least there was intellectual diversity, most of the movements were very inclusive regardless of who you are, and you could find a niche for yourself somewhere, no matter what you believed in.

Now it's just "I'll share this Facebook post making fun of [x figure who disagrees with me even tangentially] and end with an unfunny hashtag". I can't imagine this slacktivist generation ever pulling a Baader-Meinhof or a Weather Underground, everyone just wants to sit on their asses and mock the opposition.

I honestly respect BLM because at least they're out there fighting for what they believe in and not posting biased infographics on Facebook and pretending they're doing actual work.
>>
>>88124409
None of the groups you mentioned achieved more things (good or bad) than modern activists.
>>
>>88124462
I didn't say anything about outcomes (though that's debatable), but about the intellectual openness and diversity of activism in years past.

Right now it's idiotically monolithic, and half the time activists are engaged in internecine conflicts because group a decided group b isn't doing it "the right way" (the whole "how to be a good ally" thing).
>>
>>88103264

O RLY?
>>
>>88124115
God you are a pretentious annoying little fuck.
>>
>>88124763
>triggered by random anon stating he doesn't like your attitude
proving him right to be honest
>>
>>88098043
They gave creative control to people who never watched the show and don't care, who proceeded to follow Teen Titan's Go's lead and pander to the preteen internet culture.
>>
>>88124891
Nah, it was the vocabulary, length, and whiny tone of the post that triggered me.
>>
>>88125127
Are you complaining that someone is using big words instead of slurs? Are you saying that /co/ is anything BUT complaining about shit we don't like?

You're either new or /pol/
>>
>>88122127
No, we still have another season of this awful shit.
>>
>>88125175
We whine about cartoons. Not political activism. And we do so with short to-the-point statements using everyday vocabulary. So go take your shit to tumbler.
>>
>>88119003
Bitch where?
>>
>>88125377
Aside from 'solipsism', and potentially 'infuriating', nothing else is outside of everyday vocabulary.

And I disagree with short and to the point, there's multiple posts by other anons ITT that are as long or longer

Not my fault you get triggered by someone trying to present a coherent (not even particularly impressive) argument
>>
>>88125377
>/co/ doesn't whine about political activism
you must have missed the last four or so years with Tumblr/SJW being boogeymen in every thread dealing with race or identity issues
>>
>>88125553
Longer post are acceptable if green text is properly utilized, the post is informative, or there is a worthy image attached.
>>
File: 1466934381997.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466934381997.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>88109746
>>
>>88111699
literally only "allies" could get mad about HIM. I and many other fags fucking love HIM.
>>
File: 1465411276684.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465411276684.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>88125850
>when you run out of your animation budget two episodes into your season
>>
>>88125724
You say that as if there are rules to posting that must be followed.

I don't know whether to call you autistic or sad for going on about something so inconsequential.
>>
File: hunter.jpg (62KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
62KB, 850x400px
>>88124115
>I hate them much more than /pol/ does because they're doing their level best to discredit everything I believe in and turn ideas that people have died for into a joke.
>>
>>88123964

I want to be as comfy as the Professor.
>>
>>88122076
Because Nip women aren't as shit as White women. Don't believe me? Just look at porn, nips can actually sound believable when they act.
>>
File: 1463608060753.jpg (120KB, 905x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1463608060753.jpg
120KB, 905x1448px
Now I gotta ask, do you still want it?
>>
>>88127376
Yes, because Genndy's still running it, and Adult Swim let directors run wild as shit.
>>
>>88124115
autism
>>
File: CysdB9PXEAAjvqK.jpg_large.jpg (139KB, 1336x750px) Image search: [Google]
CysdB9PXEAAjvqK.jpg_large.jpg
139KB, 1336x750px
>>88098043
Don't worry /co/, Da Demon is going to tear this show a new one
>>
File: 1457763461627.gif (369KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457763461627.gif
369KB, 267x200px
>>88124115
>PPG was successful in part because it was timeless - there were references to everything, from Rocky and Bullwinkle to the Beatles, not just turn of the millennium stuff.
Thank you. This was what I was waiting for.
People today don't understand "subtlety", they grew up on the Internet telling them everything there is to know, everyone and everything is possible to talk to and know about their everyday life compared to back in the 90s and before, and now, everything is liked when "hurr durr I know what you know, we relate! :D" when in the past you DIDN'T know everything and had to ask your momma what x was or daddy what y is. Social media was been a breakthrough in information and connection, but was the biggest mistake when it comes to how humanity handles it, it grew too fast and wasn't stable enough for people to utilize properly.
>>
>>88127859
>Social media was been a breakthrough in information and connection, but was the biggest mistake when it comes to how humanity handles it, it grew too fast and wasn't stable enough for people to utilize properly.

Kojima wins again.
https://youtu.be/eKl6WjfDqYA?t=1m5s
>>
File: 1457825533207.png (115KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
1457825533207.png
115KB, 500x216px
>>88128003
Wtf I love Kojima now.
>>
>>88109809
>The new show turned into a social commentary with internet memes and boring shit nobody likes.
You didn't watch the old one as an adult / teen, did you?

>Equal Fights
>On feminism, rebuking man-hating feminism while still making points about how shitty women have it

>The entire fucking show
>rearranging gender roles and having Professor Utonium always do traditionally female things like cleaning and housework, and wearing an apron
>crossdressing everywhere whenever appropriate
>Him
>READ WHAT CRAIG MCCRACKEN SAID ABOUT SARA BELLUM IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF
>Always shown from the neck down (except in the 10th anniversary special) because her brain was her best asset but people only saw her for her looks
>Being more capable than the mayor but for some reason only being her secretary

Craig McCracken seems fully onboard with social commentary, and he definitely married someone who is. Go watch My Little Pony or Wander Over Yonder if you want to see what they've done with social commentary since. The feminism is still there in full force.
>>
>>88129154
>The new show turned into a social commentary with internet memes and boring shit nobody likes
Reading comphreension nigga.
>>
>>88129203
"Turned into" implies the old one was not a social commentary. Old one thankfully didn't have internet memes and was only boring maybe in seasons 5, 6, and the movie.
>>
>>88098043
Craig wasn't involved. And hell, if he still worked at CN, he probably would've prevented it from even happening, as he believes PPG ran its course.
>>
>>88111810
>>88111836
The script and production notes exist.

Whether they completed the episode or not is a mystery.
>>
>>88127376
do i ever
>>
File: Listening_to_disguised_Mojo.jpg (99KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Listening_to_disguised_Mojo.jpg
99KB, 400x300px
do you guys remember this episode with the Diversity Squad? all these kids got hooked on counterfeit chemical X and when they started withdrawing MJJ convinced them to fight the PPG for drugs. I wonder how this episode would fare today.
>>
>>88124512

This stagnation of ideas that you're talking about isn't something that we can fix. It's the indefinite state of the world from the internet onward. This isn't something we have to try to avoid like a pothole or an iceberg-- this is perpetual reality, intellectual Ouroboros. This is the apocalypse and it isn't glamorous or entertaining, it's a goddamned rerun. Forever.

The branching streams of media and content created by the internet fostered an infinite number of totally unique worldviews, and, paradoxically exposed the whole lot of us as being totally unremarkable. Everyone is always right all of the time. Their universes begin at their eyes and end at their navels. Mine, yours, every anon here, everyone you love and everyone you hate. Welcome to Armageddon. It's probably a lot more boring than you were hoping.
>>
>>88128003

In this capacity, MGS2 was my favorite. It was a lot less about the silly soap opera of Metal Gear and a lot more about what Metal Gear means as a video game and what video games mean as a medium and what media means as a component in culture and what culture means to humanity. Shit had me rolling in panic attacks as a 7 year old.
>>
>>88124151
Season 2 Predictions
>A 4chan user villain obsessed with changing the PPG named Ted O'fiel
>Gamer Gator shows up after all
>Donald Trump expy as a villain
>Active potshots at the critics
>More shameless copies of classic PPG episodes
>Ms. Keane begins looking more and more androgynous and eventually asks to be called Mr. Keane.
>Episode that uses some form of classic literature/film as a key element because the writers desperately want to prove that they are cultured
>More outdated memes, specifically in the aforementioned episode
>More failed attempts to be like Steven Universe
>Craig an heroes
>Lauren blames the patriarchy
>>
File: fgtyfr.png (135KB, 352x392px) Image search: [Google]
fgtyfr.png
135KB, 352x392px
>>88098043
>watching Poorbucks
>it reminds one of the MLP episodes

Btw, the remake of "Super Zeroes" episode when?
>>
>>88131621
I remember that episode, but I don't think the episode about fighting for taking drugs would be good idea for a modern day cartoon.
>>
>>88127107
I have to disagree here, nost nip porn starlets sound awful.
they're always howling like a cat being beaten to death with another cat, the generic "oh yeah" crap is bad but at least it's a noise thats somewhat comparable that a human should make.
>>
>>88132242
Is it confirmed that it a full blown Season 2 or are they pulling an Uncle Grandpa/Steven Universe and cutting the current season in half and saying said second half is a new season?
>>
>>88132458
Gonna ned to elaborate for the forgetful on those statements.
>>
File: g 5 belle.jpg (157KB, 527x1020px) Image search: [Google]
g 5 belle.jpg
157KB, 527x1020px
Came here for Liberty Belle
>>
>>88133742
The latter.
>>
File: IMG_9252.jpg (112KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9252.jpg
112KB, 720x720px
>>88098043
Only thing I like about the new PPG is that bubbles voice actress is a cute. It practically gave me a new waifu. But I still can't sit through an entire episode.
>>
>>88133700
Agree. Japanese porn women sound like 5 year olds being molested, not gown women having sex. But I guess some people are into that.
>>
>>88134337
*grown
>>
>>88134337
>high pitched voice means it's a kid meme
Go watch actually good hentai you casual scrub
>>
>>88134655
Its not just the high pitched voice, its also the squealing and crying, and looking like they're definitely not liking it. I know not all Japanese porn is like that but that seems like the most common variant.
>>
Ferpo bumpo
>>
>>88098043
> Hire hacks
> They hack
In latter news, water is wet. News at eleven.
>>
>>88129154

Yes, but those themes were secondary to everything else. Not to mention they werent as one-sided in every single social commentary issue, unlike the new show which is full on SJW show. The old show predicted the future by making fun of the victim culture:

https://youtu.be/7lLiVHiNRIE
>>
>>88105135
This is probably bait but

If its just a show about little girls fighting, why not just make a new show that doesnt have any connection to ppg?

If its that simplistic, it should be really easy to create an entirely new show with a premise that is so simple of "little girls fighting crime"

There are people in the world that actually think like you
>>
>>88098043

Feminism
>>
>>88132458
Which one?
>>
>>88107564
>THIS. Why are cartoons so obsessed with including millenial shit? It's fucking annoying and cringe worthy.
The writers probably had the intention of aiming that at younger kids, but their memes are so outdated, I'm not sure how they'd even get any of the references.
>>
>>88103264
Internet ruined jokes. Once you could tell the same joke forever and it was still funny, nowadays this meme thing makes so that after two weeks you get only hate.
>>
>>88137609
Oh, I don't know. Maybe that one from season 6.
>>
>>88138124
Which one?
>>
>>88107564
>mfw we got tumblr tier villains and diversity shoveled down our throats
>mfw not even tumblr likes nuppg
>>
>>88111699
As a fag I love HIM
>>
>>88139032
Me too anon, i think people who call Him problematic are not even gay
>>
>>88132242
>Mr. Keane
nah she'd be a xir because choosing to be a man is misogynistic
>>
>>88126159
I mean at this fucking point it's both.
>>
>>88138242
No Second Chances.
>>
>>88105135
dance on a beartrap, feminazi
>>
>>88100859
you should keep listing and save what you write. that is all accurate gold.
>>
>>88105475
he was a chimp.

chimps are not monkeys
>>
>>88105696
not true. jokes are funny.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.