[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New 52 Joker in Gotham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

Happening. Literally why?
>>
I am kind of getting sick of the Joker for some reason, he feels really tryhard and obnoxious to me.
>>
>>88086798
Because Joker must be an edge miser in every modern DC movie incarnation
>>
Those were dark times. 52 had some fun runs, Batman was not one of them.
>>
>>88086798
Because DC's got to legitimize it's shit editorial decisions they've made in this modern era somehow, and shoehorning poorly received characterizations into batman's smalliville is the way to do it.
>>
Just another reason to not watch Gotham
>>
>>88086798
>hey, lets introduce Batman's most overplayed and boring adversary!
>sounds great! He's edgy, kids love that shit.
>yeah, all we have to do is write him like any completely generic psycho serial killer that has been featured in hundreds of thriller movies and tv shows! Its a no brainer!
>>
>>88086848
I love The Joker but I hate the N52 and this kid in Gotham.
>>
I know people who enjoyed this run. Facepeeling is cool to normies
>>
>>88086798
Really? After Court of Owns, you really have to ask?
>>
>>88086798

Looks like some kid just put raw bacon on their face.
>>
Oh man, Mom's gonna freak.
>>
How is this faggot better than Leto again?
>>
>>88087168
By being in the show for more than 10 seconds.
>>
>>88087168
He's not
>>
File: copycats btfo.png (142KB, 268x243px) Image search: [Google]
copycats btfo.png
142KB, 268x243px
>>88087192
More =/= better though.

I don't get people who say that Leto imitated Ledger, because he didn't at all. Monaghan, on the other hand, is a straight up copy of Nolan's Joker. They even dressed him up as a cop, he acts exactly like Ledger did, and even the shaky camera. Come the fuck on.
>>
File: 1418850575674.jpg (18KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1418850575674.jpg
18KB, 180x200px
>>88087168

I didn't like either, then again I never liked Joker that edgy tryhard and always wonder that he has not muh-fags who think their version of edgy garbage is better than others.
>>
>>88086798
>Happening
...they're wrapping his face in bacon?
>>
>>88086798
Why's that dude covered in bacon?
>>
>>88087084
>>88088217
You see, wearing a mask made out of bacon sounds way more Joker-like then ripping off your own face and wearing it as a mask.
>>
>>88088217
>>88088244
Fox special effects.
>>
>>88087245
Idiot, "Joker dresses up as a cop" is a thing from Batman #1.

Monaghan channeled all major Joker performances, mostly Nicholson though.
>>
>>88086798
He was actually pretty decent in his last episode.

With the whole cult of personality that has grown up around him since his death...I hope they really go for it.

Also. with the whole face thing, gives him a chance to get away and become Red Hood No. 1
>>
>>88088264
Joker dressed up as a cop and uses a shaky camera to communicate his plans was in Batman #1 too, right?

The fag is a copycat, just let it go.
>>
>>88087059
Do people not like the Court? Because I thought it was dope as fuck.
>>
I'd like to set this guy on fire for kicks.
>>
>batman show with no batman

Why the fuck do people watch this shit again?

Not even close to the show that was originally pitched.
>>
>>88089291
Kid versions of the Bat's rogue gallery, which doesn't even make sense.
>>
File: 1475540639095.jpg (127KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
1475540639095.jpg
127KB, 500x727px
>>88089321

it works because the series manages to nail the atmosphere of Gotham, unlike Smallville it doesn't try to namedrop characters, it creates legacies, which may or may not be the actual villians in the future, it shows that Gotham has always been crazy filled with lunatics and that Batman is a product of it rather than its cause.

Of course you have characters like the riddler and punguin who are obviously gonna be the same iconic villians later but you also had prototype Asrael and earlier Talon, whom legacy is gonna be carried by someone else, not to mention proto Harley in many instances.

Focusing on the villians is the best part, because given the series nature, there isn't gonna be a hero in the near future who'll beat them and safe the day, they get the opportunity to create their empire of crime and fight amoung each other to see who is gonna be the top dog in this crime pit that is called gotham.

I like how it shows Gordons seemingly pointless struggles, trying to be the only rightous cop and the corrputed system of gotham. Gotham has done a great job in showing this city consums you and turns you into a lunatic.

I understand that people people don't like this show by its concept alone eventhough Batman Beyond already showed that you can have a great show even without the original batman and his rouge gallery, but this show really doesn't get much credit for everything it does right.
>>
>>88086798
>Gotham

In the trash it remains.
>>
>>88089622
>and that Batman is a product of it rather than its cause.

I find that to be much less interesting than Batman being the cause.
>>
>>88089622
>proto Harley
It's so retarded that it's gonna be Barbara. At this point just make everyone a kid.
>>
>>88089795
Batman being the cause makes much less sense, and being a product fits in with whatever sort of "Bruce is crazy" shit you like.

>>88089828
There's been like 3, and Barbara was already one.
>>
Batman is the purpose of Gotham. In so many worlds the city is a metaphysical machine meant to forge the Bat.

These villains, they are the chaff. The industrial run off. The pollution and the smoke of this needed task.

Well, most of them.

Some aren't from the machine, but know its cry. Some a afflicted by something else, drawn to the creation of Batman. Drawn in because the story is being told. Creeping its way in where it isn't expected. Reflection. Tragedy. One bad day.

Though he isn't the bat yet, it wants in. The distant laughter wants to be part of the story because it is being told before the curtain truly rises on the cowl.

That laughter is no curse on Gotham caused by Jerome...it was just set free. It was never truly his own. He, however, belonged to it and will no doubt again.
>>
>>88090058
I hope this is pasta.
>>
>>88089291
What was the original pitch?
>>
>>88090218
IIRC

18 year old Bruce on the fringe of Batmaning. Focus on Wayne Corp.

This then became Smallville.
>>
>>88090258
>This then became Smallville.

except its not like Smallville at all.
>>
>>88090328
TV is a crazy place.

It became Smallville.
>>
>>88086798
It looks like he has fucking uncooked bacon strips on his face!
>>
>>88088465
Snyders run was pretty good just the joker arcs sucked ass
>>
>>88089795
Batman being the cause is fucking stupid and so are you
>>
>>88086870
>poorly received
I wish, people ate that shit up.
>>
>>88090218
It was pitched as a procedural crime show set in gotham. Its pretty much what a lot of the 1st season was, except it kept getting critically savaged so changed it for season 2 onwards.
>>
>>88086858
>edge miser
>miser
He really doesn't like being edgy, and will only do it if he really has to?
>>
>>88090648
This one is a literal edgelord supreme.
>>
>>88087245
>More =/= better though.
Quantity is a quality of its own
>>
>>88087203
what's with the hangul?
>>
>>88086798
Where can I get bacon for my race?
>>
is the show on a break after the last episode?
>>
>mfw they legit made penguin a faggot

>>88091277
yea
>>
>>88090960
Fox prop department.
>>
>>88086798
WATCH OUT ROBIN, IT'S MY ARCHNEMESIS

BACONFACE

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DR. PYG.
>>
so has that "joker is multiple people" story been done in the comics yet, or did they just drop it completely?
>>
>>88089622
Lucifer and Gotham are the most interesting DC shows to me right now.
>>
>>88089795
you are whats ruining the comics
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.