[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I shouldn't have too much expectation for this right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: CyhHL1BWIAEHnFC.jpg (208KB, 750x990px) Image search: [Google]
CyhHL1BWIAEHnFC.jpg
208KB, 750x990px
I shouldn't have too much expectation for this right?
>>
ed mcguinness on this would be so awesome
>>
You're going to fap to it anyway, so why do you care if it's good or not?
>>
>>88072021

he would, but hes busy.

>>88070700
Tomasi's Superman has been solid, and he wrote Damien well in Batman&Robin.
>>
That's a preeeeetty terrible tagline.
>>
>>88072033

I can't fap to a bad book.
>>
The issues in Superman where they've interacted have been pretty good and Jimenez's art is A+ so it should be good
>>
>>88070700
You should, everything leading up to this has been fantastic.

>>88072021
>mcguinness
>ever
no thanks.
>>
>>88072068
>he would, but hes busy.
doing what?
>>88072851
>>mcguinness
>>ever
>no thanks.
he was great on rulk.
>>
>>88070700
No, in the case that it's bad, you shouldn't. But honestly, everything about this book has me hyped. Tomasi has been doing damn fine work on Superman, and the super son issues there were pretty neato.
>>
File: CyWwhD0XcAAvILJ.jpg (65KB, 363x466px) Image search: [Google]
CyWwhD0XcAAvILJ.jpg
65KB, 363x466px
>>
Only if you're into shota culture, honestly I find both characters to be quite insufferable, but even worse than the characters themselves are the fans that they have spawned.
>>
>>88073870
sauce of that image?
>>
>>88072423
This. I'm hype.
>>
>>88073942
variant cover to dc christmas special by jorge jimmenez.
>>
>>88073893

What the fuck is wrong with Jon?

I get than Damian isn't to everyone's taste, but what the hell is your problem with Jon?
>>
>>88074881
I just don't find myself caring about him is all, it's like DC said "Look, here is old Superman back, with Lois, and they have a son, you should love this idea because it's fresh!" But I don't, and I just haven't found myself wanting to know what's going to happen to Jon in the following issues, 8m not saying he's awful like Damian, but he hasn't really gotten me intrested in him either.
>>
>>88073870

So they're going to bicker all the time but have each others back when shit gets serious? I'm fine with this
>>
>>88075018

I know what you mean. It's how I feel about Renew your Vows
>>
>>88075156
Exactly, I can understand the hype for it with long time fans, it's just not for me
>>
>>88075018

The current Superman book, where 90% of the Jon stuff is is possibly DC's best book at the moment. I'd check it out if you aren't not so much for Jon but more because it's one of the best Superman books in years.
>>
>>88075253
I enjoyed his visual gag in Trinity, but I'm not really intrested in the current Superman ongoing.
>>
>>88075302

Really? It's pretty good. Different strokes and all that though; if it doesn't interest you it doesn't interest you.
>>
>>88075395
All good man, I've just never been into any solo Superman series, I've always liked him more on a team
>>
>>88073638

hes drawing Spider-Man/Deadpool for Marvel.
>>
>>88075479
>>88075395

Its been a while since I've seen people respectfully disagree with each other on this site, puts me in a good mood.
>>
>>88075018
The worst part is that it's not fresh. Chris was the same idea done better until they decided superman shouldn't have the baggage of a son because they're retarded.
>>
>>88075772
Granted, Superman returns made the idea of Supes having a son super retarded, still Supes should have a family of his own.
>>88075684
It's because we're talking about comics rather than companies, I could have blown up and lost my shit when that anon knocked Renew Your Vows, but I know that this isn't a company wars thread or discussion. There was a time a while ago when this was a great board, there was a rqson that /co/ was love.
>>
>>88075684

Thanks man.

>>88075479

I used to be the same, while I have read a few Superman stories in my time (Byrne's Man or Steel, All Star, Death and Return, plus maybe a couple of others) I never really dug his solo stories, but with Rebirth I've been a big fan of the Superman book.
>>
>>88070700
I am definitely on board with Supersons.
Jon is a good kid, he just needs more time to develop and become his own kind of hero.

Nothing but confidence in Tomasi and Jimenez.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.