[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BQM's Stephanie Batgirl getting reprinted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: steph.png (240KB, 929x473px) Image search: [Google]
steph.png
240KB, 929x473px
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401269109/

Hold onto your butts
>>
>>88067000
>$30 for 13 issues
>>
kewl
>>
Well hot damn! I'll get those once the Cassandra Cain prints are fully out.

Also, is that price right? Because the Cain ones are just 20 for the same amount.
>>
>>88068452
>once the Cassandra Cain prints are fully out.
They are

https://www.amazon.com/Batgirl-Vol-1-Silent-Knight-ebook/dp/B018YP1R04

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GKGAVRY/ref=series_dp_rw_ca_2

Also, this is $20 for the entire 25 issue run+annuals. What gives?
>>
>>88067953
>not charging more for things you know people actually like
>>
>people mad about it being $30

Amazon always does this with all of their trades. They put the "official price" as something obscene, then mark it down like 40% to what you'd expect so they can say they're giving you a good deal.
>>
>>88068627
>They are

What are you talking about Amazon lists Vol 3 out January 2017 and that only goes to issue 37. Cass's book lasted 70 something issues we're gonna be looking at least 6 or 7 trades
>>
>>88072014
I assumed you only wanted Puckett's run since the rest of it was trash
>>
>>88068627
Anyone have the new Cass trades? I was really disappointed by the quality of the Power Girl trade.
>>
>>88072220
I do. The physical quality is good if that's what you mean. My only problem is they don't leave a gutter for the binding, so it can be kind of hard to read any text that gets stuck there.
>>
Usually when they reprint an old run that wasn't a huge seller, it's because they have specific plans for that character yeah?
>>
>>88072956
Usually, but Steph Batgirl isn't particularly old nor was it "not a huge seller"

And Steph is already back in 'Tec, the current arc is somewhat focused on her
>>
>>88069125
>it's an "anon doesn't know what MSRP is" episode
>>
>>88068627
I have those two, I just wanted the rest of the run.

Also, at which point does it go downhill?
>>
>>88073406
Immediately after those two trades. That's when Puckett leaves.
>>
>>88073462
Wait, really? Fuck! I thought I was in for a lot more good trades!
>>
>>88073462
Wait, it says Volume 3 is still Puckett
>>
>>88073937
Are you referring to Death Wish?
https://www.amazon.com/Batgirl-Vol-3-Death-Wish/dp/1563899817

Because that's an old print of Batgirl's comics that were collected differently. All of those issues are included in Vol 2 of the new editions.
>>
>>88067953
13 issues is a lot for one trade, and you know it's gonna be $15 on IST.
>>
>>88073406
Puckett writes a few more issues. He writes a few issues before Chuck Dixon takes over for four issues with Cass teaming up with Connor Hawke, Tim, and Stephanie.

Then Puckett returns full time for one final arc, Alpha. It deals with the fallout of Bruce Wayne: Fugitive for Cass, her searching for a mysterious assassin only one person who's seen the man's face, her poppa Cain, and then it reaches basically the series' coda. Then the final issue of Puckett/Scott touch on that more.

After that you get one issue of Gabrych then Dylan Horrocks' run, and that run NEVER got collected in trades save War Games stuff, which blows because there are a few good moments in there.

Gabrych's run is good, but it has it's hiccups near the end. Some on his own end with the stories and some DC forcing him to end all subplots in the span of three issues.
>>
File: 3I5jSEY.gif (2MB, 308x279px) Image search: [Google]
3I5jSEY.gif
2MB, 308x279px
>>88067000
>best Batgirl getting a reprint

All hail the heavenly trips!
>>
>>88074142
This one https://www.amazon.com/Batgirl-Vol-3-Point-Blank/dp/1401265855/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480566875&sr=1-1&keywords=batgirl+cassandra+cain+vol+3
>>
>>88067953
Well yeah, I mean a normal 6 issues trade is what $18?
>>
>>88075643

MSRP on normal DC trade is $15, which you'll generally get on Amazon (or similar sites) for like 12 or 13.
>>
>>88073406
What kind of paper is used because that many issues for around $15-20 is a damn good deal which makes me think they're using the same kind of paper as in stuff like the Flash Silver Age collection or something which is fine with me.
>>
Is it worth buying the new Robin trades if I want to see Stephanie Brown's character progression leading up to her becoming Batgirl? She appeared a lot in his solo series, right?
>>
>>88067000
>a terrible run getting reprinted
>time to celebrate!

Nope
>>
>>88075077
Oh my bad. Puckett left for part of that trade while Dixon took over, I guess I remembered my ordering wrong and thought he was done for good.
>>
File: 1382337732419.jpg (430KB, 801x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1382337732419.jpg
430KB, 801x1215px
>>88077014

All you'll get from her progression in Robin is, "she fucks up a lot." Tries to do something to unfuck herself and either: A.) Fucks up the situation even more or B.) succeeds and gains Tim's trust again.

But usually option A.) is what usually happens. If you want the actual progression of Stephanie's character go read Cassandra Cain Batgirl. You'll just be pissed when you stop then start Stephanie's Batgirl comic since it barely touches their friendship save the first three issues, and is the second great sin of the comic. Other than the first reason Cassandra gave up the mask. But I digress Miller had to deal with A LOT of shit with that series. The fact he made it readable fun is a miracle onto itself.
>>
>>88067000
what's the motivation behind this reprint again?
>>
I came close to shelling out too much money for the OOP ones recently, so super pleased to see this.

These will be a similar size to the Cass ones, right?
>>
>>88069125
They fucked up big time with Omega Men. At least, the UK Amazon did. They were charging £12 and saying it only had like 6 issues

Knowing it was the full run, preordering gave me the cheapest price, so even when they realised the error and upped the price to £23 I got it super cheap.
>>
>>88079705
Probably Steph's inclusion in the new 'Tec team
>>
>>88081972
Also Batgirl 50th anniversary.
>>
>>88083039
I'm surprised we never got Batgirl themed variant covers
>>
>>88083362
This please. I also hope, that the anniversary collection is not biased as the flash one. Some of Batgirl’s greatest adventures are collected in this new hardcover! Using her brain to outsmart her opponents, Batgirl stands strong against her enemies. Whether working with a team or venturing out on her own, Batgirl’s adaptability to situations makes her one of the most versatile and popular characters in the DC Universe.
>>
>>88081972

Um.... she might be leaving Tec after her arc wraps up. She isn't on the cover to #950.
>>
>>88084100
I honestly have no idea where they plan to go with Tec. Tim and Steph are (possibly) gone, Kate is getting a solo series, it started out as a place for characters with nowhere to go but even that doesn't look so sure
>>
>>88084405

It's possible Stephanie will be in the comic still, just that she'll probably "quit" being Spoiler and pursue college like she and Tim were planning before he "died". Until, you know THE SEARCH FOR TIM DRAKE arc begins.

I'm just surprised Batwoman is retaining a big part in the comic given she has her own ongoing soon. I'd figure Batwing and Azrael joining the comic full time that she be pushed out of it a little. Maybe she will in January arc that's a prelude to her ongoing.

I'm just curious the impact of Cassandra's arc will be? Each arc that tied has the character walking out differently. For Tim it was "death" and Kate being hit with that her father had a rogue military hit squad hunting spooks.

Stephanie it might be that she wants out completely from this life and pursue a real life like she and Tim planned.

Cassandra? Maybe a better costume? Please let this mean a better costume with a bat symbol.
>>
>I'd figure Batwing and Azrael joining the comic full time that she be pushed out of it a little.

It'd be pretty funny if Detective Comics, the namesake of DC, ends up being a shelter for a bunch of C-list bat characters.
>>
>>88086069

Isn't it basically right now is?
>>
>>88072112
The third creative team was okay, minus the Lazara shit.

The middle one was complete garbage, though.
Cass mostly just lusted after hunky boys.
>>
>>88067000
Hell yeah
>>
>>88086710
Right now they're at least B-Listers
>>
>>88086069

I think Batwoman will probably be on the way out with her solo book.
>>
>>88087547
Tynion said she's remaining on the team.
>>
File: 016-Batgirl 050.jpg (353KB, 1024x1586px) Image search: [Google]
016-Batgirl 050.jpg
353KB, 1024x1586px
>>88087143
Cass lusting after Bruce was great though.
>>
>>88074953
Horrocks quit Big 2 comics because Steph had to die
>>
But Steph is shit.
>>
>>88088664
That sucks.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.