[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman 89'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Batman89_PosterPosse_Web.jpg (239KB, 900x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Batman89_PosterPosse_Web.jpg
239KB, 900x1333px
ITT: I want to hear from older comic readers on what they thought of this when it came out. Was it enough to just have a Batman movie? Being born in 89', obviously I have nostalgia goggles, but I certainly recognize the lapses in characterization. Let me hear it
>>
It's been 27 years and I will never not be mad at that chest emblem.
>>
This movie just ruled , and rules, period. Fuck the notion that kids can't handle intense or "scary" scenes that the MCU seems to go by, this movie was a childhood favorite of mine and I watched it all the time with my uncles, cousins, dad, etc
>>
>>88062714
I never really got why they changed it for this film and then changed it back for Returns.
>>
>>88062369
Good movie. I bought the vhs.
The Joker killng Batman's Parents really pissed me off. I don't care about stuff like that any more. If I want it like it is in the comics, I read the comics.
>>
File: Batwing Poster.jpg (18KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
Batwing Poster.jpg
18KB, 225x300px
>>88062369
I was a kid who watched a lot of the Adam West Batman series before this came out. I wasn't really concerned about the darker characterizations since it was the 80s. Was really just neat to have a Batman movie after all this time. I remember thinking the new look and all the new vehicles were just pretty cool and I really enjoyed the movie.
>>
>>88063411
I thought the vehicles in this were better designed than the ones in Nolan's and Snyder's films.
>>
>>88063425
They certainly had a bit more flair and style. But that's largely because Nolan's Batman wanted to be more grounded in reality. So we got much more realistic military vehicle designs for the vehicles, more tactical suit, etc.
>>
>>88063511
The Nolan Batmobile I liked being able to wreck shit but I didn't like how bland Gotham felt in his films. It's like they just loaded "City.set" from a software program
>>
File: Jokergoon1.jpg (54KB, 745x488px) Image search: [Google]
Jokergoon1.jpg
54KB, 745x488px
I have no idea why, but Fedora Goon was awesome.
>>
>>88063511
For Nolan's films it kinda worked and I get why he did it. At the same time while I was kinda okay with the tumbler I felt like The Bat was a really uninspired design, despite whatever realism it has.
>>
>>88062369
9 years old when this movie came out. I know it gets a lot of flak today and in some aspects it hasn't aged well, but it's still a fun-as-fuck Batman movie.

Nothing beats the finale. That in itself sums up why Batman is heroic as fuck. Even on his day of triumph he still stands vigilant to protect his city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Qj2xEbids
>>
I didn't like Batman 89 at all

Largely because it's a bad action movie. That being said, I'd rate it higher than Dark Knight Rises just for not being as insulting. Plus, bad action or not, hard to argue that it's not very visually striking.
>>
>>88062714
>>88063323
Giving the bat "feet" was so unnecessary.
>>
>>88062369
I was 10 in 1989, even saw it in cinemas too. Kinda disappointed about all the different directions in casting and proposed stories for the sequels. Love the Burton movies, Schumacher is eh but kinda taking a warming to Forever. So much potential, I'd like to see some alternate storylines/Elseworlds of if Burton followed the comics more closely and if Robin Williams were The Riddler. Also Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face, Patrick Stewart or Ben Kingsley as Mr. Freeze, etc.
LOVE Danny Elfman's OST for BATMAN '89.
>>
File: batmani.jpg (42KB, 584x327px) Image search: [Google]
batmani.jpg
42KB, 584x327px
It was cool to see the villains' minions, if you ignore the actual context of what had just happened before, have fun.
>>
Loved it except for his use of guns and killing several thugs and Joker. I think it was my first nerd rage moment. Also Vicky 'please shut the fuck up' Vale'so constantly screaming.

It also had one of my favorite Alfreds, batmobiles and Batplanes of all time, and the museum scene is one of my favorite joker scenes ever.
>>
>>88062714
Coincidentally, I was mad they got rid of that for following movies.

#sorrynotsorry
>>
File: batdance-1.jpg (115KB, 657x1023px) Image search: [Google]
batdance-1.jpg
115KB, 657x1023px
I was old enough to drive, and remember hearing that fucking Batdance song on the radio non-stop. I waited for it to come to the cheap matinee theater because I thought it was just a weird Tim Burton fueled Beetlejuice-esque vehicle for Prince. I never read the Batman comics, but I still really enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised. Today it's my favorite out of all the Batman movies.
>>
>>88063754
was he your number one guy?
>>
>>88062369
Kids LOVED it when it first came out. Adults HATED it because it was objectively a worthless pile of garbage. It's aged about as badly as any movie ever.
>>
>>88063826

>The Bat
>Realistic

I will never understand how this could ever possibly fly.
>>
>>88065375
>>88066128
there will never be another superhero movie with a better score/soundtrack
>>
>>88066253
>It's aged about as badly as any movie ever.

whatever you said fat fuck from RedletterMedia.
>>
I was born in '89, I watched this when I was a child. Loved this movie so much I stole the VHS my nerd uncles had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU
>>
>>88062369
really wish we'd get a Batman 89 comic
>>
Loved this movie as a kid
I almost didn't want to reWatch it again because I figured it would suck

it's still awesome and yes its definitely "not muh batman" but its charm will win you over.

Batman and Batman Returns is significantly better than any modern Cape flick (Superman 78s is the only one thats better)
>>
>>88066768
>Batman Returns
I stole that VHS too :^)

DeVito Penguin was perfect.
>>
>>88062369
The fucking Batman cups from Mickey D's man. Those were the tits
>>
>>88066820
Yeah, right? The older I got, the more I appreciated the sincerity in his performance. I wonder if he did any research at all
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.