[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Monstress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: monstress.jpg (314KB, 974x1498px) Image search: [Google]
monstress.jpg
314KB, 974x1498px
The art looks great
>>
>>88056126
The art is great. If you like worldbuilding and deepest lore then you should definitely read it, that is the best thing the story does. I think it works pretty well even if you don't care about that though, I like the comic overall.
>>
>>88057000
Am I losing something if I buy the trade paperback? It has issues 1-6.
>>
>>88057111
They run fanart and stuff in the floppies, I don't believe they have any supplemental lore stuff that isn't also in the trade though.
>>
>>88057148
Thanks a lot
>>
>>88057000
I am a huge fan of worldbuilding which is why i love this book so much.
>>88057111
The trade is well worth it. Love image prices
>>
>>88056126

art is really good

Liu's writing, specially her dialogs, aren't that good. You can tell editors did their work back when she was at marvel, cause she HEAVILY missuses syntax at points.
>>
It's the one comic book series on Earth that could ever be called "brutally feminist". And that is immeasurably high praise for a comic book to get.

Okay, maybe Bitch Planet too.
>>
File: Monstress.jpg (136KB, 486x750px)
Monstress.jpg
136KB, 486x750px
>>88057000
Yeah, I don't remember much about the actual characters from the first issue, but I still loved the atmosphere.
>>
>>88057584
>It's the one comic book series on Earth that could ever be called "brutally feminist"
oh no... is this as bad as I think it is?
>>
>>88057608

it features x-23 on a high fantasy setting and a fuckable 5yo foxgirl. thats all the char info you need to know

>>88057614
i wouldnt call it "feminist"

women rule that world but they make the exact same mistakes and fuckups men would. there is war, genocide, etc
>>
>>88057521
It's virtue one lacks, for the wages of sin are a tax on the lax, lines end and begin with cruel acts that crack the skin-- who lacks vim enough to face facts? Though the crime lacks tact the sentence is in for the sentences one drafts: three years on the rack and thirty lashes on the back for the cacophonous din one lets win when one writes without an editor to take in the slack that, to our chagrin, results without syntax.
>>
>>88057148
The trade is still quite the bargain at $10 when you consider issue 1 was 40+ pages
>>
>>88057521
>Marvel editors
>doing their job

Huh. That's a first.
>>
>>88057718
>i wouldnt call it "feminist"
>women rule that world but they make the exact same mistakes and fuckups men would. there is war, genocide, etc
oh okay I have no problem with that
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.