[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tangled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: tangled.jpg (114KB, 1024x428px) Image search: [Google]
tangled.jpg
114KB, 1024x428px
Is it contrarian to say this is better than Frozen?

I truly love this movie. It's phenomenal. I like Frozen too, but with Tangled I feel like all the characters, even the villain, are more believable.

I'd love to see more Tangled in the future. It's just very good. Elements of the first two Shrek movies combined with a very likable love interest.
>>
>>88055749
Princess and the Frog is better than both.
>>
>>88056391
>>
>>88055749
not at all. Frozen was more popular because of Idina Menzel's fantastic singing voice.

I See the Light was a beautiful song in the film, but apparently the song itself wasn't very well-received until it was paired with the visuals in the film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_See_the_Light

I love the characters in Tangled as well. There's a children's tv show coming up, if you're interested in that.

Also, I felt that Gothel's role in the story was held back somewhat. I'd have love to see more of the complexity of their relationship explored, especially when Rapunzel lashes out against the woman she's known as her overbearing but protective mother for so long.
>>
>>88055749
I love this movie.
>>
>>88056457
Friends on the Other Side>Mother Knows Best
>>
>>88056919

we're comparing movies, not songs, it's different category.
>>
File: Friends_on_the_Other_Side.png (2MB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Friends_on_the_Other_Side.png
2MB, 1920x1072px
>>88057222
Doctor Facilier is a GOAT villain, but the rest of Princess and the Frog is weak
>>
>>88055749
Wouldn't think so.

Honestly I think Tangled's 'problem' is that it's setting is too generically european fairytale. Which to be fair, looking at the art book, is what they where looking for; back to basics you might say.
However compared to Frozen I find the background and settings a lot harder to remember. The simplicity of a snowy backgrounds comes with advantages I guess and there was more emphasis on the distinctly scandinavian setting.

That sort of thing makes Frozen stick about in my head more, even though I think Tangled is the better movie.
>>
>>88055749
No, it's being truthful.
>>
>>88055749
Not at all. I'll never love Tangled as much as I do Frozen, but it's still a great movie.
>>
>>88055749
Not really. Tangled was a fantastic movie with Dreamworks tier advertising in a time where Disney was getting out of a huge creative slump. Frozen was released after several great films (Princess and the Frog, Wreck It Ralph, etc) and is practically THE movie that put Disney back into the limelight. I like Frozen more than Tangled, but I feel for Tangled fans; Tangled needs more time in the spotlight
>>
>>88055749
>contrarian
Pretty sure anyone on /co/ that didn't shitpost in /frz/ agrees with you.

Moana is the best of the new princess movies IMO.
>>
>>88055749
No, it's not contrarian. The only thing worse about Tangled is that it technically only has four songs. Visually it's way ahead of Frozen, which was a rushed job.
>>
>>88056647
I think if the relationship was any more complex it would be rather uncomfortable to audiences. It was already a dark, criminal relationship, & if it were to be humanized enough to be related to, the viewer may be horrified by the similarities in their own relationships.
>>
>>88060952
Tangled's story was also phenomenal, while again Frozen was a rush job. I don't know of any gaping plot holes in the former, while the other is a grocery list of problems.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.