[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generation X (2017) Creative Team Revealed - RESURRXION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 529
Thread images: 50

File: Generation-X-teaser[1].jpg (556KB, 1800x2768px) Image search: [Google]
Generation-X-teaser[1].jpg
556KB, 1800x2768px
Teaser art by Terry Dodson

>Written by Christina Strain with art by Amilcar Pinna (“All-New Ultimates”), the new “Generation X” series will focus on a new band of misfit mutants that don’t really fit in anywhere else at the newly reopened Xavier Institute. Under the tutelage of original Gen Xer Jubilee, a new group of teen mutants will come together and deal with their drama. CBR has the exclusive first interview with “Generation X” writer Christina Strain, a Marvel Comics veteran as a colorist for series like “Runaways” and “S.H.I.E.L.D.” Ahead, Strain reveals who’s who in her Generation X class, discusses her transition from coloring to writing comics and teases the struggles that await this teen team.

>CBR News: There have been so many different takes on the X-Men’s school, the most recent being the Jean Grey School. Can you give us any info about what your Xavier Institute will be like?

>Christina Strain: For years, the Xavier Institute has been a sort of safe haven for young mutants. Society rejects them, they go to the Institute, and then they’re taught how to control their powers, usually in hopes of eventually becoming X-Men. But it’s dangerous. People die — sometimes by the busload. So when we take a second to be honest about it, maybe not all mutants are cut out to be X-Men? They’re not all going to be Cyclops, or Storm, or Jean Grey. And some young mutants have powers that just don’t make sense in a battle situation (I’m lookin’ at you, Cypher). So, in the interest of keeping more of their young alive, the Institute’s thinking it’s time for a restructure.
>>
>Now in Central Park, the rechristened Xavier Institute has taken this move as an opportunity to re-evaluate their students, internally dividing the student body into three classes: The Next Generation of X-Men, the Next Generation of Ambassadors, and the Next Generation of… well, lovable losers. These are our Gen Xers. And they include mutants with benign powers, mutants who are considered liabilities during missions and/or battles, and mutants with personalities ill-fitting of an ambassador. They’re basically all mutants who just don’t seem to fit in anywhere — including the very school where they were promised they would fit in.

>CBR: Picking an X-team roster has to be a daunting task. How’d you settle on the characters you’re working with?

>Strain: Well, I knew that I wanted a member of the original Generation X to lead, so Jubilee seemed like the obvious choice. I mean, she is on 90% of online “most useless mutant” lists. But whatever, I grew up loving her in the ’90s, so I wanted her.

>Everyone else was a pain to pick though. I literally spent weeks reading up on a ton of the younger mutants. Weeks. I think [editor] Daniel [Ketchum] wanted to murder me. But in my defense, I was looking for some very specific things, and you’d be surprised at how hard it is to find young mutants with weird/”weaker” powers or personality flaws that made them more of a liability than an advantage during a fight. Luckily, Quentin Quire’s such a coin flip that he was a pretty obvious choice. And for all of his entitled jackassery, I’ve always liked that at his core he’s really just a lonely adopted kid looking for a family.
>>
>>88053959

>Another stand out for me was Eye-Boy. Dude has an eye on his tongue. How’s anyone going to want to make out with that? And while his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege, it doesn’t really give him the ability to run faster when a Sentinel’s trying to stomp him dead.

>And then we’ve got Benjamin Deeds. The best thing that’s ever happened to that kid was Emma Frost steamrolling all over him in Atlantic City. I want more of that. And then maybe afterwards, for him to grow a fully-formed spine. With his ability to morph his looks, Benjamin should be leading covert missions. But until he grows himself a bucket of self-confidence, he ain’t goin’ nowhere.

>I was also interested in working with lesser known, pre-existing characters that I could have fun further developing. Because while I didn’t want to create an entirely new cast, I love the idea of adding a little definition to some relatively blank canvases. I mean, Nature Girl exists. Why not give her an actual voice? And maybe a penguin bestie. And I can identify with Bling!’s unrelenting drive to define herself beyond the scope of what her parents want for her. That’s rough.

>And then there’s Nathaniel Carver, the one character I did create. In the interest of full disclosure, I’m just going to admit that Nathaniel’s half-Korean because I’m half-Korean — but I swear we come carrying completely different baggage. I just didn’t think I’d be doing [“Totally Awesome Hulk” writer] Greg Pak or I any justice if I didn’t create a hapa hero. Anyway, his ability’s psychometry (seeing something/someone’s past via touch) so he’s at the Institute trying to avoid his fate as a crime solving coroner. Good times.
>>
>>88053971

>CBR: As an alum of the first “Gen X” series, Jubilee is the obvious connection between these two volumes. What’s your take on Jubilee, and how does being a mentor suit her?

>Strain: In some ways, Jubilee is the perfect mentor for this group. She’s been a student and she’s been an X-Man. She was a mutant and now she’s a vampire. She’s been around the block enough times to know that you don’t need the title of “X-Man” to help save the world. As an unrelentingly hopeful well of motivational sayings, Jubilee’s kind of the ultimate den mother for this bunch of misfits. Then again, she’s also got a toddler running around now, so… let’s see how well she handles playing a mom 24/7.

>CBR: Quentin Quire has a strong personality. Jubilee has a strong personality. Is there any chance of these two getting along? What does Quentin think of her?

>Strain: What does punk-ass Quentin Quire think of most people? Not much. But Jubilee’s saving grace is that she’s resilient, possibly to a fault. He can shove her as much as he wants, Jubilee’s not going anywhere. So there are definitely going to be clashes, but that’s a good thing because you can’t have drama without a few fireworks.

>And no, that was not a Jubilee pun.

>CBR: Are there any other ex-students that might pop by in a mentor role, like any of the original Generation X crew? Any specific characters you’re dying to write?
>>
>>88053951
>Written by Christina Strain
Who the fuck is Christina Strain
>>
>>88053989

>Strain: Chamber. Chamber, Chamber, Chamber, Chamber. Did I mention Chamber? After all, Jubilee’s gotta have someone to confide in, and who doesn’t love a sad boy? And there are a few other members of the original Gen X crew that I’m definitely interested in checking in on, including Husk — but don’t expect a Chamber/Husk romantic reunion. As for other ex-students, I do have an affinity for Dani Moonstar and Magik, so I imagine you’ll see them popping up at some point. And I don’t know that Andre Mexer counts as an ex-student, but hear me now: he’ll be around.

>CBR: X-teen books always start out focusing on the school aspect but, of course, dive into adventures and peril. What balance are you looking for when it comes to classwork and superheroics?

>Strain: Tough to say, because I think that’ll ultimately be dictated by story. Like, each arc’s going to be different, but “Runaways” is probably my touchstone comic in terms of balance. It was so good about mixing the character stories with super heroics, so that’s the sort of balance I’m looking to achieve.

>CBR: You made a name for yourself in comics as a colorist, most notably your stellar work on “Runaways.” How did you make the jump to writing?

>Strain: Aw, thank you! I still really miss that book, and I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to watch “Runaways” as a TV show. I can’t wait to see Josh [Schwartz] and Stephanie [Savage]’s spin on it. But let’s get back to your question!
>>
>>88053951
>bling!
>Quentin Quire

YES YES YES
>>
I think Emma Frost after IVX is evil in The NEW Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, or dead.
>>
>>88054007

>After coloring for Marvel for about seven years, I had a bit of spandex fatigue. I just needed a palette cleanser. And because I’m proactive and prescribe to the idea that you’re the master of your own destiny, I decided to write the kind of story I wanted to work on, which ended up being a Korean supernatural horror webcomic called “The Fox Sister.” And it really reignited something in me that I hadn’t felt since I first started coloring, which eventually made me realize that writing was something I should pursue.

>So, after ten years of working for Marvel, I officially retired from coloring and went to grad school for screenwriting. After graduating, I was fortunate enough to land a job as a staff writer on Syfy’s “The Magicians” and when I told my editors (who I kept in touch with because they’re amazing), [editor] Chris Robinson responded by asking me if I was interested in writing a seven page White Fox story [in “Civil War II: Choosing Sides” #6]. Which, of course, I was. Next thing I know, I’m back at Marvel, loving life as a writer. Circle of life.

>CBR: Does your history as a colorist influence your writing process in any way — specifically where it comes to working with your artist Amilcar Pinna?

>Strain: Very much so. Overall, there were certain things that annoyed me as a colorist that I try to avoid doing too often in scripts that I write. Things like ten-plus people in panels, a million dialogue balloons covering up all the art, pages with more than seven panels on them… typical things that most artists get annoyed with.
>>
>>88053951
>Christina Strain
Who?
>Amilcar Pinna
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank God i'm not an X-fag
>>
>>88053951
>Eyeboy
>Nature Girl
>fucking Quentin

Dropped
>>
>>88053994
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Strain
>>
>And while his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege,
> Then again, she’s also got a toddler running around now, so… let’s see how well she handles playing a mom 24/7.
Pre-emptively dropped so hard.
>>
>>88054020

>But I also adapt my writing to accommodate for my artists’ tastes and strengths, which is totally something I did when I was a colorist. Everyone’s different so it didn’t make sense to me to color everyone the same way. So I apply the same sort of logic to writing. If I’m working with an artist who prefers less panels on a page, I’ll aim for that. If I’m working with someone who needs more visual direction, I’ll beef up my panel descriptions. So the more I get to know Amilcar, the more my scripts are going to be tailored for him — it’s just the nature of collaborating. From my experience, a lot of writers who work with pencillers in the long term do the same thing.

>As for my future colorist though… I promise I will try so hard not to be all over you with notes/direction. Pinky swear!

>CBR: Amilcar Pinna’s work on “All-New Ultimates” and one (absolutely phenomenal) issue of “Astonishing X-Men” shows a fantastic ability to capture modern and emotive teens. And Chris Bachalo’s ’90s “Gen X” was super alternative and stylish. What can you tell us about the design and style of this “Generation X”?

>Strain: You basically tapped right into it. Amilcar’s art is distinctive and it has so much personality. A big part of the reason Daniel and I wanted him for “Gen X” is because, like Chris in the ’90s, Amilcar’s style is alternative and stylish. One of the things I loved about the original “Generation X” was that it showcased what was interesting and complex about the younger generation at the time — and that’s exactly what I want for this iteration of “Generation X.” Just with a millennial twist.

End interview

>>88054021
>Who?
Colorist
>>
>>88054039
>>88053971
NO WAIT, THIS ISNT WHAT I WANTED!

but in the other hand the x-men were always the go team when marvel wanted to deal with current social trends
>>
File: -015 copy.jpg (375KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
-015 copy.jpg
375KB, 1000x1537px
Ayy this artist is back
>>
>>88053951
>YU-GI-OH! GX
>GENERATION NEXT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8246R_OsdA
>>
>>88053951
>Christina Strain
Who?
>Quire
Shit.
>>
Not an SJW but these roasters have been whiter than usual

Are Marvel trying to turn the SJW's against the X-Men?
>>
>>88054086
Poor guy just really likes mangos.
>>
>>88053951
>reopened Xavier Institute
FINALLY.
With Jean Grey running around, having a school named after her instead of the actual founder was dumb.
>>
>>88053951
>unironically putting Eye-Boy and Nature Girl
Not even with a rented stick.
>>
File: 1444963470553.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444963470553.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>Using one of Benids x-kids in this

What a waste.
>>
>>88054135
Benjamin Deeds was actually one of the better kids Bendis created. A nice low key power

And that issue where Emma trained him was pretty much the best issue Bendis wrote in both books.
>>
>>88054135
The Morph issue was probably the best issue of Uncanny desu
>>
>>88053959
>Central Park
Seriously? Why? And how is that even possible?
What's wrong with the Xavier estate in upstate NY?
>>
>>88054223
Not topical enough.
>>
>>88054020
>pages with more than seven panels on them… typical things that most artists get annoyed with
I hope it gets cancelled before #6
>>
File: image.png (259KB, 257x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259KB, 257x422px
>>88054187
>>88054178
O-ok i will trust un /co/ then pls dont be wrong
>>
>>88053971
>gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege

Okay, well, there's four bucks per month that this interview has saved me.
>>
>>88053989
>She was a mutant and now she’s a vampire
GIVER HER BACK HER OLD POWERS ALREADY.
CURE HER OF HER VAMPIRISM.
This has gone for far too long.
>>
>>88054098
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSrrMRF_0F0
>>
>>88053951
Isn't Amilcar Pinna the dreadful artist that was put on post-Cataclysm Ultimate FF?
Or was he the All-new Ultimates guy aka Mango Silencer?
>>
>>88054112
This writer sounds like a SJW herself, so that's weird.
Cable and Jean Grey are obviously white and Weapon X is probably white too unless they come out with some OC
>>
>>88054320
I'd just be happy with getting rid of Shogo.
No one even likes Wood anymore, scorch the earth.
>>
>>88053951
>>Christina Strain: For years, the Xavier Institute has been a sort of safe haven for young mutants. Society rejects them, they go to the Institute, and then they’re taught how to control their powers, usually in hopes of eventually becoming X-Men. But it’s dangerous. People die — sometimes by the busload.
>sometimes by the busload
NXMfags literally BTFO
>>
>>88054112
Jubilee is Chinese-American
Bling! is African-American
new guy Nathaniel Carver is half Korean
And iirc Nature Girl is Chinese

And I think Morph might be gay
>>
>>88053971
>>Half-Asian
>>Psychometry
>>Avoiding being a crime solving coroner
Chew?
>>
>>88054390
And Quire, filthy white, will serve as buttmonkey.
>>
>>88054420
There's also Eye Boy
>>
>>88053959
>Now in Central Park
That seems... ill-advised.
>>
>>88054420
Plus the guy whose body is covered with eyes is going to be checking his privilege and checking it often.
>>
has she ever written anything?
>>
>>88054449
According to the article she was a staff writer on the show the Magicians.

And she wrote the short White Fox story in CWII Choosing Sides. Which also had a Korean character and talking animal sidekicks
>>
>>88054449
Christina got her began working in comics in 2003 at Crossgen and UDON and has since gone on to very consistent work at Marvel. Her most notable work is that of Runaways and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane and cover work for Grimm Fairy Tales.

She is most recognisable for her bright and dynamic style. Christina has often worked with pencilers who employ manga style techniques in their work, including manga-ka Takeshi Miyazawa on Runaways volume 3. I dont think son.
>>
File: Uncanny X-Men v3 014-007.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny X-Men v3 014-007.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>88053971
>>And then we’ve got Benjamin Deeds. The best thing that’s ever happened to that kid was Emma Frost steamrolling all over him in Atlantic City. I want more of that. And then maybe afterwards, for him to grow a fully-formed spine. With his ability to morph his looks, Benjamin should be leading covert missions. But until he grows himself a bucket of self-confidence, he ain’t goin’ nowhere.
That issue was lewd as fuck
>>
I like the idea of Eyeboy a lot. He just needs a cooler xmenish code name like Scanner.

Imagine
- perfect aim
- one eye for seeing telescopic
- one for microscopic
- one for infrared
- one for x ray
- can see invisible things like magic, auras, psychic energies.
- 360 degrees view
- ability to measure things perfectly with his sight.
>>
>>88054007
>Chamber
>Dani Moonstar
>Magik
OK, Strain. You've won your obligatory 3 issues to prove yourself. Don't fuck it up.
>>
>>88054533
Go away shill.
>>
Jesus I had such high hopes for the X-Men line of books, why must Marvel abuse my faith in them.

Every book announced so far sounds mediocre at best, or in this instance, down right dire at worst.
>>
Amazing how by picking an oddball like Eye-Boy the first thing she reaches for is to comment on his white privilege.
>>
>>88053959
>>Now in Central Park, the rechristened Xavier Institute has taken this move as an opportunity to re-evaluate their students, internally dividing the student body into three classes: The Next Generation of X-Men, the Next Generation of Ambassadors, and the Next Generation of… well, lovable losers. These are our Gen Xers. And they include mutants with benign powers, mutants who are considered liabilities during missions and/or battles, and mutants with personalities ill-fitting of an ambassador. They’re basically all mutants who just don’t seem to fit in anywhere — including the very school where they were promised they would fit in.
I'm just hoping that this means that eventually we could get arcs or stories about the other two classes
>>
>>88054020
>ten-plus people in panels
Good, the "cram everybody onto the page" mentality of modern comics

>a million dialogue balloons covering up all the art
Great! No Bendisspeak covering the page.

>pages with more than seven panels on them
PROPER PANELING ISN'T SOMETHING YOU SHOULD AVOID JUST BECAUSE IT'S MORE WORK FOR THE ARTIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~
>>
>>88054562
Not a shill. Just the only eye boy fan in the world.
>>
File: seriously nigga.jpg (203KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
seriously nigga.jpg
203KB, 1000x1000px
>Jubes is a Claremont creation
>>QQ is Morrison's
>nuMorph is Bendis'
>Eyeboy is Aaron's
>Bling! is Milligan's (?)
>an OC
This could be at least cool to witness since these characters have never been written together and had originally very different voices from different writing styles

>>88054007
>Chamber
Fuck. Now I'll have to at least buy the one issue where he shows up.

>>88054020
Oh, THAT Christina Strain. But why
>>
>>88054427
He's the resident nu-male.
>>
I've never like read X-Men before. Only watched cartoons and movies and video games. Is there like a specific series to read?
>>
>>88054504
>she wrote the short White Fox story in CWII Choosing Sides
That was pretty good for a 6 page story. Of course, that's mostly because the art was great. The writing was perfectly competent though.
>>
>>88054625
Liking anything from Marvel that was made within the last 10 years makes you a shill, so fuck off shill.
>>
>>88054633
Eyeboy and Quentin were both part of Aaron's WATXM, they were joined by Nature Girl in the forgettable WATXM vol 2

Quentin flirted with Bling! a bit in Wood's Wolverine & the X-Men: Alpha & Omega mini

And Bling! used to have a crush on Jubilee in Wood's X-Women book
>>
Why is Jubilee still a vampire
christ its been years just get rid of that dumb storyline
>>
File: 12985398595.jpg (22KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
12985398595.jpg
22KB, 400x267px
>Quentin Quire
>>
>>88054661
>Is there like a specific series to read?
If you don't mind reading older comics, then Claremont's run. Otherwise, Morrison's New X-men.
>>
>>88054661
Morrison's X-Men. That's the only thing worth reading from this century. Otherwise everything is either mediocre or too universe heavy.
>>
>>88054533
This is funny because it sounds exactly like what Eyeboy wanted to do
>>
>>88054759
>having WatXM on your hard drive
Why do you hate your computer?
>>
>>88053951
Whew, I was worried it was that really bad Ultimates artist. Pinna is decent.

Glad to see Nature Girl getting some love.
>>
>>88053951
Well the roster is complete fucking garbage.

How's Strain? Has anyone read Fox Sister?
>>
>>88054575
hey, remember dogfucker and RHATO
>>
>>88053951
Not what i wanted, but why arent they using all teen mutants as in New xmen Academy x with the different squads
That book was great
>>
>>88055027
They only get better when the join dc, this is effing marvel
>>
This team is even worse than the one from Spiderman and the X-Men.
>>
I loved the old Generation X series. Although this seems to have almost nothing to do with it. Except Jubilee and those Husk and Chamber guest appearances. Doesn't it seem anachronistic to call a young team Generation X though? Also, is Jubilee still a vampire? What happened with that shit?
>>
I'm not like hype for this or anything. It's super funny to see bitch about how bad it is because they didn't use the persons personal favorite X students
>>
>>88055666
>Also, is Jubilee still a vampire? What happened with that shit?

Absolutely nothing, they're keeping it for reasons beyond anyone's grasp.
>>
>>88053951
> Member when GenX used to be edgy and grimdark?
>>
>>88053959
>Eyeboy doesn't fit as an Ambassador
>Quire isn't in the next gen of X-men
>>
>>88053971
>And while his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege,
Weapon X and Cable still have a chance r-right?
>>
>>88053989
>Jubs still has the kid
Wood was a mistake
>>
>>88055702
Oh, Old Man Wolverine is dealing with that shit right now
Someone story time it
>>
>>88053989
>not reconning the kid.

DAMN
>>
File: picture-2.png (434KB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
picture-2.png
434KB, 540x530px
>>88054533
I always thought he'd make for a good member of X-Force. One similar to the original one not the black-ops murder squads.
>>
>>88054007
I thought Husk was dead.
>>
File: Karma and Bling!.jpg (97KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
Karma and Bling!.jpg
97KB, 550x800px
>Will Bling! find true love with an older woman?
>>
>Christina Strain
>from spider man loves mary jane
not bad... but i dont really like these x men, though im in for jubilee
>>
>>88056418
Karma deserves much better than a shitbag like Bling!
>>
>>88056395
No she's just crazy.

Like her secondary mutation is that using her powers actually makes her go crazy. Fuck Aaron
>>
>>88055007
>How's Strain?
Competent. Not necessarily good, but competent.
>>
>>88056433
She was the colorist on Spider-man <3s MJ. Not the writer.
>>
>>88054223
>Central Park
this adds with the evidence of a Phoenix intervention at the end of IvX, moving the school there, getting rid of the terrigen cloud, and forcing the Inhumans into exile.

I think Emma is gonna use the Phoenix Egg
>>
>>88053951
Why do they keep putting different artists as the teaser art?

I'd say they're afraid of people thinking the normal artist is shit, but Jonboy is way better than Royals' preview artist.
>>
>>88056070
>>88056254
Shogo was a bad idea and having Jubes fundamentally kidnap him was worse. But what can you do at this point? She deeply cares for him, expressed how she felt about her responsibilities as a mother and we already know he can't go back to his real parents.
We've gotten to a point where she'd look like a little shit if Shogo just dropped from her stories.
>>
>>88056872
Egg of Phoenix that will be bitchslapped by Thanos in his solo?
>>
File: 1479396183985.gif (2MB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1479396183985.gif
2MB, 322x322px
>>88053971
>his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege
FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>88053951
>Written by literally who with art by literally who
So much for my childhood, thanks Marvel.
>>
>>88053951
>written by a colorist
>cast is mostly a bunch of faggot Aaron kids plus a faggot Bendis kid
>and Bling who no one has ever liked
Yeah no. Generation X is my all time favorite X-Men book and I feel fucking insulted by this.
>>
>>88057054
>he wants the same 5 writers writing 25+ books at marvel
>>
>>88057024
it was painful for me to do but dropping comics after 25 years of buying them looks more and more like one of the better decisions I've made
>>
>>88054449
>>88054504
She wrote the webcomic The Fox Sister as well.
http://thefoxsister.com/archive.php

She's been in comics forever as a colorist on Runaways, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, World War Hulk etc etc.
>>
>quire

Dropped
>>
>>88053951
>it's a literally who writer
>it's a woman

/co/ should be impressed desu. People were bitching about Lemire, Bendis, Waid, and Spencer writing everything in ANAD and bitching about how female writers only get female characters.
>>
>>88053971
>>Another stand out for me was Eye-Boy. Dude has an eye on his tongue. How’s anyone going to want to make out with that? And while his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege, it doesn’t really give him the ability to run faster when a Sentinel’s trying to stomp him dead.
Dead On Arrival

So yeah, marvel really wants to destroy the x-men brand. Fine. More money for DC and Image. And valiant
>>
>>88057385
I want good writers.
>>
>>88057393
Hey, at least no Hopeless so far.
>>
>>88053994
A colorist most famous for working on Runaways.

A FUCKING COLORIST NOT A WRITER
>>
>>88057434
>he thinks comic writers are good
>>
>>88054575
>Jesus I had such high hopes for the X-Men line of books

Look at him and laugh
>>
TL:DR

Who's the team line-up? Don't recognize half those people.
>>
>>88054517
nice shilling. in other words, she sucks
or sucked, someone, to get the job
>>
>>88053971
But Psychometry is a good power.
>>
The only worthwhile book in Secret Wars was Noelle Stevenson's Runaways simply for the sheer absurdity of Jubilee being a bad girl and holding any amount of power over mutants with powers that are actually useful for something.

I'm interested in how anybody can make the premise "Jubilee in charge of anything" work in any other fashion. So this book has my interest.
>>
>>88057393
That really sounds like a joke to me. I'm optimistic about this, at least we know she actually cares about comics instead of being another shitty YA author hopping in the cape train.
>>
So is Jubilee a Vampire still or is she suddenly a Mutant now?
>>
>no Hopeless
wew
>>
>>88057716
In fairness, I wouldn't mind seeing these characters fight to the death.
>>
>>88054178
He was the "best" by virtue of having no character and doing nothing.
>>

I want off this gay earth
>>
>>88053959
>QQ
>I’ve always liked that at his core he’s really just a lonely adopted kid looking for a family.
Boy did I have Quentin quire all wrong.
>>
>>88054599
That might have been a joke. Like those cinnamon toast commercials.

Eyeboy can see all the issues that exist in human society, but can he see his way out of being squished?
>>
>>88054039
>>88054081
>>88054112
>>88054283
>>88054344
>>88054599

Because advertising. The usual people will bitch/praise it, hunt for articles with those words to bitch/praise it on Tumblr and twitter.
>>
>>88054661
Remender's UXF. Has references and the like, but gives you all the exposition you need.
>>88054730
>That's the only thing worth reading from this century.
Morrisonbabby pls go.
>>
>>88053971
>hapa hero
Fuck me.
>>
>>88057655
It depends on what it's paired with.

Pairing psychometry with precognition is great. But if it's just retrocognition then he really is most useful as a crime scene investigator.

I like Power Man's take on psychometry, gaining strength from the history of things
>>
Some top talent in the X-line, right guys?
>>
>mutants
>white

WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>>88057733
Triage had no character and did nothing but he was boring as shit. I still don't get why he carries that stick around
And Hijack was bland as hell
>>
>>88057882
yup, x-men is going to help marvel regain their marketshare...
>>
>>88057885
Technically only Quentin and Eyelmao are considered white by the commonly used system.
>>
>>88057885
Jubes is asain.
>>
>>88057716
We still have Weapon X and Cable to go.
People here liked his Cable and X-Force, so that might not be so bad.
>>
>>88057896
Triage looked cool at least and pretty much turned "I can heal" into a catchphrase. Hijack was okay idea, but bland execution. Under anyone but Bendis his mutant activation when he was already a man might have brought up interesting conflicts. Really, Bendis is the biggest problem to Bendis characters.
>>
>>88057922
Ben Deeds is still white

He can just turn into any other color
>>
>>88057941
She's a Twinkie.
>>
>>88057963
I mean he did right by that cast, but I want Spurrier, and I know Spurrer said he wants to revisit those characters in his exit interview.

>Cable
>Hope
>Doc Nemesis

Literally perfect.
>>
>>88057922
>>88057941
>mutants
>privilege

THEY'RE FUCKING MUTANTS AND CONSIDERED SUBHUMAN BY "NORMATIVE" SOCIETY!

FUCK THIS.
>>
>>88058000
She grew up in the malls of California. Expecting her to be a traditional Chinese woman is crazy.
>>
>>88053951

WHERES MY DANI

REEEEEEE
>>
>>88057716
This isn't any better. The quality of writers they're putting on these books shows what Marvel still thinks of the X-Men right now.

You wouldn't be seeing a fucking colorist writing a major Avengers or Inhumans comic.
>>
>>88054320
It doesn't even make any sense that someone who's no longer a mutant would be on an X team. It would be like an 'ex-gay' leading a gay rights group or something. They should be able to find some workaround. Maybe when she sucks a mutant's blood she gets her powers back temporarily or something. I don't know why everyone hates Jubilee's powers. Is shooting fireworks-like explosions really any lamer than throwing explosive playing cards or shooting beams out of your eyes?
>>
>>88057906
x-men sells on name alone. X-fags will buy literal garbage by garbage creators as long is it panders to nostalgia or characters they like
>>
File: 1478740902920.jpg (8KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478740902920.jpg
8KB, 252x240px
>>88053971
>And while his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege
it never ends
>>
>>88058073
Yes.
>>
>>88057118
>wanting Literally Whos
That Literally Whos are allowed to exist is one of the single greatest tragedies of modern mankind.
>>
>>88058085
bullshit. have you seen their recent sales?
most of x-books sold around 30-40k
true, still better than most marvel, but hardly impressive
>>
>>88058056
She has an MFA in screenwriting from AFI, several comic credits (for writing) already and is a staff writer on a tv show.

She hasn't been "a fucking colorist" in years.
>>
>>88058121
Nice defense force, bro.
>>
>>88058121
then maybe she should keep being a "colorist" instead of trying to be "writer", because she obviously sounds horrible, both as a person, and as a writer
>>
>>88058114
Thats all they need a want at this point. 40k is considered stable enough sales that they can do whatever the fuck they want, including putting on a bunch of literally who's who will push a shitty SJW agenda
>>
>>88058164
okay. I guess that DC will probably have to keep the #1 spot for a longer while
>>
>>88058182
They didn't have the number #1 spot last month.
>>
>>88058193
And Marvel, with their absurd Scholastic order didn't even have it either
>>
>>88058193
Unless Scholastic buys 400k issues every month, that's going to be an anomaly for the time being, lad
>>
>>88058193
neither had marvel, despite artificially inflating sales
>>
File: Hapa Boi.png (431KB, 469x636px) Image search: [Google]
Hapa Boi.png
431KB, 469x636px
>And then there’s Nathaniel Carver, the one character I did create. In the interest of full disclosure, I’m just going to admit that Nathaniel’s half-Korean because I’m half-Korean — but I swear we come carrying completely different baggage. I just didn’t think I’d be doing [“Totally Awesome Hulk” writer] Greg Pak or I any justice if I didn’t create a hapa hero. Anyway, his ability’s psychometry (seeing something/someone’s past via touch) so he’s at the Institute trying to avoid his fate as a crime solving coroner. Good times.
His superhero codename should be Supreme Gentleman. Touches his sister's hand by accident and gets a flashback to her getting her pussy pounded by a BWC.
>>
>>88058105
Not really though. They're all pretty lame when you think about it. Jubilee's powers are kind of cute at least.
>>
What's the name of marvel office janitor?
I'm curious who's going to write cable of weapon x?
>>
>>88058233
fund this
>>
>>88053959
>And while his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege

Fuck she went from getting me cautiously optimistic talking about how much research she did to immediately killing all interest.
>>
>>88058257
>They're all pretty lame when you think about it.
No, first off, Gambit's power isn't 'throwing cards' and second:
>cute
Kill self ASAP
>>
>Still no New Mutants

Uncanny X-Men starring Dani when
>>
>>88058304
>Uncanny X-Men
Cancelled lol
>>
>>88058304
>>88058320
On the bright side, SYNERGY will give us a NM series pretty soon.
>>
>>88058328
Do you know what is the monkey paw wish?
You just did it
>>
>>88054020
The Fox Sister is actually pretty decent.
>>
>>88058302
>No, first off, Gambit's power isn't 'throwing cards'
I know that but that's what he uses it for 99% of the time so same difference.
>Kill yourself ASAP
You don't like cute things? What are you, gay?
>>
>>88058340
I meant to post a sarcastic frog.

It's not like I'm the first person to say that anyway.
>>
>>88058302
And there's tons of other lame powers. Oh Emma Frost can turn into a crystal now. I guess that's clever because it looks like frost. What's the Beast's power? He's a beast. Originally just a big guy. Now he's a blue furry.
>>
>>88058447
>now
>>
>>88058447
>Oh Emma Frost can turn into a crystal now. I guess that's clever because it looks like frost.
She actually gets a lot of use out of that, as she's pretty much invulnerable when she's in that form.
>>
>>88058447
Immunity to telepathy is never a bad power and it increases her durability and strength. Since it can be turned off when she needs to use her own mental powers, is super-powerful.
>>
>>88058540
>>88058544
The fact that her power is useful and makes her powerful doesn't make it less lame. It's easy to create a team full of overpowered characters.
>>
>>88058328
Let me know when that new Legion book shows up.
>>
>>88058604
So what makes a power lame if it isn't applicability and it isn't power of it?
>>
>>88058544
And Jubilee shooting little nuclear explosions from her fingertips isn't powerful?
>>
>>88058668
Which makes Jubilee's powers being lame confusing to me.
>>
>>88058631
Silliness.
>>
>>88058770
All powers are silly when you get right down to it.
>>
>>88058787
Sure, I guess. I'm just saying Jubilee's powers aren't any sillier than many of the other characters' powers.
>>
>>88053951
Am I fool for having hope for X-Men when Marvel announced their line up, /co/? Because seeing the rosters and the creative teams makes feel as one.
>>
>>88058861
Yes. You are
>>
>>88058233
Marvel, pls. Supreme Gentleman solo book.
>>
What exactly was the ideal scenario that would have made you faggots happy?

In the threads leading up to this it was nothing but NO HOPELESS NO HOPELESS and praying we didn't get any of Marvel's current shitty big name writers.

So we get a fresh face who has written some decent things and isn't followed by a long line of shit work. But it's not good enough.

People were also crying for a young book with underused heroes, especially after the generic nostalgia pandering shit of Gold and Blue.

We get 90% of a team that's barely been allowed to talk since their inception and has a mixture of creators rather than just being taken from Bendis or Aaron for example. But that's not good enough either.

All I've seen from Resurrexion threads has been bitching with nobody actually saying what they want. Marvel is probably fucking with us on purpose because we're so obnoxious.
>>
>>88058964

yeah this book and iceman are actually starting in solid places. New creative teams is a million times better than same old fucks
>>
Is Jubilee still a vampire?

Why is her power considered useless? She can shoot energy from her hands,its not OP but its not a garbage tier ability.
>>
>>88058964
>What exactly was the ideal scenario that would have made you faggots happy?
You killing yourself

I will even donate money to charity if you off yourself
>>
>>88058895
I had hope for rebirth when it was announced despite being called a fool for having it and DC actually delivered. So, I hoped Marvel will too.

Maybe I should give up on the X-Men and give Inhumans a chance because their creative teams are at least seems promising.
>>
>>88058964
>What exactly was the ideal scenario that would have made you faggots happy?
The sweet sweet release of death.
>>
>>88059004
Isn't her mutie power actually OP?
And she can't use it anymore, anyway. Decimation does wonders to you.
Yep, she still sucks your blood.
>>
>>88059030
>Maybe I should give up on the X-Men and give Inhumans a chance because their creative teams are at least seems promising.
That's what I intend to do, too.
>>
>>88054540
My thoughts too. Also Quire. I kinda love to hate him. She picked a good lineup, now we will see where this goes
>>
>>88058964
Anyone who uses the words 'cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege' in an interview about her book is shit. Never mind she's talking about a guy with an eye on his tongue. Does a straight white guy with an eye on his tongue really have privilege over a normal gay guy or a normal black guy? And setting that aside, do I really want to read a book about a guy with an eye on his tongue?
>>
>>88059030
>>88059068
YES, WE WON!!! Finally
>>
>>88059100

I can't believe people ITT are taking that line seriously. It was a fucking joke. His multiple eyes doesn't actually let him check his privilege, anon.
>>
>>88059135
Well, Christina... I mean anon.
It was one line too much
It's fucking 2016, almost 2017.
Anyone who uses that line unironically, should just quit
>>
>>88059177
*whether it's ironically or
fucking life
>>
>>88058964
Mutants exist as a mistake of endless derailment, in-fighting, retcons, and ignoring those that exist in favor of your own flavor that will be ignored by the next person. The ideal condition is complete death.
>>
>>88059004
For some reason Jubilee, Dani Moonstar and Prodigy still haven't gotten their mutant powers back after all these years. There've been new mutants all the time since AvX

And other characters like Xavier, Magneto, Polaris, Rictor, Chamber, Marrow, and even Stacy X all got their powers back so it's not like there's no precedent.
>>
>>88059227
So much this
>>
>>88059177

Even though it doesn't necessarily have any bearing on her writing whatsoever?

Sounds like you're just easily triggered.
>>
>>88059100
I checked her twitter and it doesn't seem like it'd be a joke she'd make.
On the plus side, she doesn't whine like Waid and Spencer.
>>
>>88058163
>i dont want people to grow in their careers

Fucking communist
>>
>>88059231
Marrow is a """powers""" back by getting a similar set through body modification.
>>
>>88058304
If they actually go through with the movie and it gets popular they might revive the series again.
>>
>>88059253

it's a really funny way to describe something that makes these easily offended people flip out
>>
>>88059253
>Even though it doesn't necessarily have any bearing on her writing whatsoever?
It has bearing on her as a person. Sure, some people separate art from the artist. But coloring barely counts as "artist"
>>
>>88059304

i'm living in a fantasy world where they publish uncanny to keep it going bc legacy book but stamp STARRING THE NEW MUTANTS on the first arc to capitalize. Treat it like Detective Comics as a Batbook general, it's the X-Book General
>>
>>88059271
Damn right I am! Viva la Sanders
Fuck her. Fuck her in the ass, and right into the garbage, where she belongs. Not necessarily in that order
>>
>>88058964
I was in another thread debating if Xfags are worse than Batfags. This thread confirms it. Xfags confirmed as worst
>>
>>88059328

But now you're just going back in circles.

>We don't want veteran writers because they had their chance and proved they're shit
>We don't want new blood even though they've worked their way up from the inside

You're also intentionally (or just stupid and are arguing before reading) the fact that she went about becoming a writer the hard way. She wasn't a colorist who was just handed a job as a writer.
>>
>>88059404
What circles? When did I write that I don't want veteran writer? Unless you think that someone like Guggenheim is a veteran, then I pity you.

Also, I don't care who she is. If she can't give a good interview, then it tells all I need to know about the "quality" of her book

Also, if you think there is a hivemind, when it comes to opinions, then maybe you're an even bigger retard than I had initially thought
>>
>>88058964
>why aren't you praising the based monkey paw?!

>>88059030
>>88059068
>Either Marvel interns or not real muggas
Cyclops damn you, they got you by the balls.
At least have the decency of pirating it before you buy it to see if it's worth at all, how about that.
>>
>>88059506
>giving a good interview
>any relation to writing ability

What the fuck are you talking sbout? The two have no relation at all. Lots of writers suck at public talking.
>>
File: background.jpg (72KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
72KB, 633x537px
>>88055825
You mean those like 8 issues where Warren Ellis was co-plotting?

Yeah, I do. It was shit.
>>
>>88059563
>>Either Marvel interns or not real muggas
I did it for (You)s. Dunno about first guy, he's probably unironic shill.
>>
>>88059135
I could buy it was a joke in the sense that his powers don't really let him check his privilege. But she still wasn't making fun of those concepts, she believes in privilege checking and all that garbage. So she can burn in hell.
>>
>>88059578
Read Spurrier's interviews for a comparison, for how you give a GOOD interview, and come back, retard.

Also, a writer should be good with using the words, right?
>>
>>88059506

If you don't give fresh writers a chance you never get those veterans that we all love. Everyone starts somewhere. This chick has proven herself to be at least competent.

You entire basis for her interview being bad is that you're a buttflustered Gamergater who gets upset at the mere mention off things like privilege and cisgender even in a joking context.

Now if those things actually make it into her book it'll likely be trash. But the way it's framed in the interview points to it being a joke.

There's nothing particularly bad in the rest of the interview. And she at least deserves props for doing her research in finding these characters.

>>88059647

Giving an on the spot interview is completely different from writing a story you fucking mong. There are plenty of famous writers and directors who can't speak for shit in front of people.

>>88059637

Based on? You can tell underlying intent and whether something is a joke/sarcasm in written text alone? Without any evidence one way or another? You're just assuming girl + using those terms = feminazi that's going to ruin muh x-book
>>
>>88059647
Doesn't mean they are good with interacting with people. Look at HP Lovecraft or Frank Herbert.

And as much as i love him Jordoworsky interviews are bat shit crazy and tell you nothing
>>
>>88059704
>If you don't give fresh writers a chance you never get those veterans that we all love. Everyone starts somewhere. This chick has proven herself to be at least competent.
Hi, Christina. You suck. Go back to kitchen and make all of us some sandwich

>>88059712
>And as much as i love him Jordoworsky interviews are bat shit crazy
Which only shows how genius Jordo is. Thanks fro proving my point
>>
>>88059637
At worst, she is just bad and gets dropped. If she is actually good, she stays on the payroll. Nothing to lose compared to having someone that is consistently shit continue.
>>
>>88059754

shit, can't take time out from shitposting to make food ? no one will miss your posts in the meantime
>>
>>88054540
>>88054633

I really hope things turn out better for Chamber than when he got picked by Tieri as a pet character, and then just kept getting tossed into limbo.
>>
>>88059801
Christina, pls. Go back to coloring children books, if it isn't to difficult for you
>>
File: interests-619-386.png (624KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
interests-619-386.png
624KB, 619x386px
Why does it always seem that bi-racial Americans always feel some reason to reconnect with the Asian/Hispanic/Black part of their heritage but never the White/European side? This lady had to go in twice about how half Korean she is, and still finds a way to slight the white person on the book she's writing.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (999KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
999KB, 245x245px
>>88059754

le samwich maymay

If you can't coherently argue just neck yourself next time and save us all some time.
>>
>>88059704
>Based on? You can tell underlying intent and whether something is a joke/sarcasm in written text alone? Without any evidence one way or another? You're just assuming girl + using those terms = feminazi that's going to ruin muh x-book
I'm saying it could be a joke but there's no reason to believe it was a joke making fun of those concepts, at most she was joking about saying his powers could be used for that. Given the general political leanings of most Marvel staff, and the fact that she is left wing (as seen on her Twitter) it's a reasonable assumption that she does believe people ought to check their privilege, and generally supports the same reverse-caste system all SJWs do. I'm not gonna waste my money on someone who despises me or views me as an oppressor on the off chance she didn't really mean it.
>>
>>88059801
>>88059873
calm down Christina... I mean samefag
>>
>>88059796
Hellcat and Moon Girl have been doing cancellation numbers and they're still going, so if it's a sales flop Strain can use her female hapa privilege to keep it going longer than it should.
>>
>>88059877
One of my fears is that someday I forget to take the privilege with me, when I leave my flat, and someone ask me to check my privilege, and then what will I say? I lost my privilege? I left it at home?
>>
>>88059865

It's the best of both words. Enjoy your white privilege and cry oppression at the same time. Plus, you get to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>88059865
Snowflake Syndrome. She wants to accentuate that which makes her different from everyone else she knows.
>>
File: gen x.jpg (257KB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
gen x.jpg
257KB, 1280x830px
>>88058964
If they were aiming for nostalgia, why not go full on it? I'm not saying use the same roster but at least use the same tone and concept. They brought back the title but it's riddled with pandering.
>>
>>88059865

Finding your white roots is often more difficult than finding the roots of a more unified culture. I'm a quarter beaner and look like the character Powder but I'm far more interested in and connected to that side of my culture because it's more distinct and I don't know where the white in me comes from other than that my beard is red. Whereas unless you're specifically from a certain European country and can trace it back directly "white" tends to be a melting pot label. It's pretty prevalent in America.
>>
>>88059943
>riddled with pandering

Holy shit you guys play the victim just as bad as the SJWs you hate. How the fuck is Gen X pandering in any way? Half the team is white or mixed. Another half off the team is asian, who regularly get shit on or ignored by the diversity squad anyway because asians disprove a lot of their points about minorities. And then they've got ONE black girl who has a mutation that makes her not look black.

Meanwhile Blue and Gold are both entirely white as well.
>>
I think we're all forgetting the most important factor here. Is she a qt?
>>
>>88060049
>Holy shit you guys play the victim just as bad as the SJWs you hate
Just stop. At this point marvel is a parody of itself.
When they close the doors to their offices for good, no one will be there to mourn them
>>
>>88059865

>but never the White/European side?

because they're immersed in it from birth 24/7?
>>
>>88060091
Probably not.
>>
>>88060111

So because you're immersed in one culture means you have to reject it for another as you get older? That makes it seem like they're ashamed at being white. Or that it's not cool to for them to be.
>>
>>88059943
They should have brought back at least a few members of the team permanently. Fuck them for what they did to Skin (they crucified him on the lawn of the Mansion and then got his name wrong). I don't like this trend Marvel does of reusing the name of an old series for a new one that bears no relation to it (like Heroes for Hire, Thunderbolts, Defenders, etc.)
>>
>>88060259
So they should be ashamed of their other culture instead?
It is up to the individual to do whatever.
>>
>>88060049
I think that anon just takes issue with the writer making a big deal about white/cis/het privilege and hapa representation. The cover he posted includes an Irish guy, an America-Born Chinese girl, a French/Algerian/Bosnian girl, a white girl from Kentucky, a hispanic guy from LA, a white britbong with no mouth, a British-wannabe white woman from Massachusetts, a Yugoslavian woman, and a black guy from Missouri. That's diverse as all hell, but it was created in a time when no one at Marvel gave a damn about patting themselves on the back for drawing attention to it.
>>
File: Christina Strain.jpg (44KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Christina Strain.jpg
44KB, 512x512px
>>88060091
This is her.
>>
>>88060259

No, you already know about it and there's also something you know nothing about. So you learn about what you don't know. Like you get taught US History but not Asian History in school. Even World History is usually western focused, Greeks->Romans->Renaissance->Europe->US
>>
>X-Men Gold by mediocre TV writter
>X-Men Blue by comic writer who is only decent 50% of the time
>Iceman by comic book writer known for sappy gay melodrama
>This book by literally who that uses SJW vocabulary

Meanwhile the Inhumans have Al Ewing and an sci-fi writer (who just so happens to be muslim)

Is Marvel deliberately sabotaging the X-Men line or am I just paranoid?
>>
>>88060357
cute dogo
>>
>>88060357
>her
kill it with fire
>>
>>88060357
Need a clearer image, until then I'm giving her a tenuous 75% chance of being a cute.
>>
>>88060259

I mean let's be real I'm white but most other cultures are way fucking cooler.

Vikings are like the one exception.
>>
>>88060391
yeah, too bad she's going to kill and cook him
>>
>>88060377
Ewing and that other guy suck, so it's not a big deal.

But if you really feel sad, read this thread >>88058956
>>
>Tfw i wanted rockslide an anole as a duo back
>read this article
well i guess i dodged a bullet.
>>
>>88060412
yeah, the cannibal tribes are so fucking killer. literally
>>
File: Christina_Strain[1].jpg (340KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Christina_Strain[1].jpg
340KB, 768x1024px
>>88060407

She looks like the average female "nerdcore" fan.
>>
>>88060438
I don't know about the scifi writer but Ewing does not suck; he is arguably one of Marvel's better writers
>>
>>88060468

Are you so triggered by the idea of white people not getting attention that you have to take my post to the immediate extreme? That's some SJW level shit, anon.
>>
>>88060472
"problematic" glasses

ah fuck
>>
>>88059943
The original team was pretty diverse ironically. Jubilee is asian. Skin was Latino (they murdered him). M was a Bosnian Muslim. Synch was black (murdered, brought back as a zombie or something, current status unknown). Oh and Chamber is British and Banshee is Irish but I guess that doesn't count as diversity because they have white privilege.

Nobody had a problem with any of this diversity because they weren't telling readers to check their privilege and their identities didn't revolve around their ethnicities.
>>
>>88060502
>buzzwords + copypasta
oh hai mark
>>
Remember the last book about teen x-men that was written by someone with almost no writing experience on comics, well pic related was the product and it was quite good, even /co/ liked.
>>
>>88060498
> he is arguably one of Marvel's better writers
which doesn't say much. a less stinking crap is still crap
>>
>>88053951
>People die — sometimes by the busload.

I got that reference ;_;

>Quentin and the dude that can see fucking magic are lovable losers

uwot

>>88053971
>And while his heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege, it doesn’t really give him the ability to run faster when a Sentinel’s trying to stomp him dead.

goddamit

Anyways, I hope this works. We need to flesh out the x teens more. Wish we brought the New X-Men around too but I don't think he cares about that book.

Despite that one retarded sentence the writer seems to have an idea were she wants to go.
>>
File: whuaa.png (462KB, 826x830px) Image search: [Google]
whuaa.png
462KB, 826x830px
>>88053971

What the fuck does that even mean?

Do his eyes constantly beam in visions of black people getting pulled over by the cops? Why the fuck was this even worth mentioning?
>>
>>88060558
Christina, shouldn't you be busy writing comics? Or maybe color some, if you can't write?
>>
>>88060541
M was born in Bosnia but she is ethnically Algerian
>>
>>88053951
>Christina Strain
I sure hope her writing has improved since Teahouse.
>>
File: whitie.jpg (37KB, 580x291px) Image search: [Google]
whitie.jpg
37KB, 580x291px
>>88060412
This self-deprecating white guy meme is so lame and played out. We get it, you hate yourself, we don't want to hear about it. Go kill yourself or move to Mexico if you hate white people so much.
>>
>>88060541
>their identities didn't revolve around their ethnicities.

What makes you think this cast does? None of the established characters in the book have identities revolving around their ethnicities and she said nothing about the new guy other than she wanted to make a half asian because she's half asian.
>>
>>88060357
Dog lover

I'm ok with her
>>
>>88060581

People like Quentin are on there because he's a fuckup. That branch of the school is for Assholes, Losers and Liabilities basically.
>>
>>88060412

pretty much every culture is equally fascinating. familiarity or lack of it makes them appear more or less so. because they're all made up of people and people are wild.

>>88060582

i think it's called wordplay? a pun maybe
>>
>>88060653
>asian
>dog lover
>not dog eater
>>
File: shark girl sketch.jpg (307KB, 1200x770px) Image search: [Google]
shark girl sketch.jpg
307KB, 1200x770px
>>88060585
Ok, I will admit /co/ only liked because of the shark tits.
>>
File: What are you on about.jpg (22KB, 320x344px) Image search: [Google]
What are you on about.jpg
22KB, 320x344px
>>88053971
>>
>>88060647
>cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege
>>
>>88060438
>ewing sucks

Not all his stuff is golden like some marvelfags preach but he is one of the best at Marvel now
>>
>>88060582
>joke
>noun
>something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act

She's poking fun at his useless powers and the "check your privilege" movement.
>>
>>88060696
and that cancer / dinosaur line
>>
File: 789283-christina_strain.jpg (295KB, 1206x1403px) Image search: [Google]
789283-christina_strain.jpg
295KB, 1206x1403px
>>88060091
>Christina Strain
She looks pretty good here(not so much in other photos)
>>
>>88053994
She's a chick that did some art stuff for Runaways and has an okay webcomic about her fantasy of getting romanced by a goofy blonde dude.
>>
>>88060733
At least her hait isn't dyed
>>
>>88060525
>troggered by glasses

You don't deserve to live
>>
>>88060621

The hell are you talking about? Being white is great. I simply think a lot of other cultures are more interesting. Especially the asian cultures because of the way a lot of them developed in a sort of vacuum.

If this thread has done nothing else it's proven how people who claim to be on the opposite end of the SJW as this new chick are just as fucking irrational.
>>
>>88060733

>They hired the Teahouse colorist to write a comic

That's like hiring Joel Schumacher's florist to direct a Batman movie.
>>
>>88060676
So Hufflepuff
>>
>>88053951
This interview reads like a literal parody of Marvel.

The writer isn't even an actual writer, she has no experience writing comics, she's a colorist! But okay, everyone's new at some point, that's not a deal-breaker.

The premise is interesting, and I've always been a fan of dividing the school into multiple groups, because then you get fun teen rivalries.

But everything else is terrible

>picking D-listers for the only X-teen book when there are dozens of underutilized characters with tones of potential and large fanbases, but no, let's choose fucking Eye Boy and Nature Girl, eternal reminders that Aaron is in the top 5 worst writers to ever write a main X-book
>I'll create a new character and he's precisely the same unique mix that I am but I promise it's not a self-insert lol
>I'll pick characters to guest-star based on who my faves are, not who would be interesting or work well for the story
>more SJW bullshit, and on a guy who'd be more ostracized IRL than virtually any minority because he's stupidly freakish-looking
>Almost no teasers about villains or plot points or anything beyond the most general description of the book

I remember how we complained about Quesada and his ilk 'running the asylum' and whatnot years ago, but this interview leaves me with zero confidence. An inexperienced writer recycling old names and ideas, talking about identity politics at a bizarre place in the interview (Champions doing it makes sense since that's what the books is about, but this is a team of losers and outcasts and you go "oh but that guy's white, he's much more privileged"), picking literally who characters to focus on (and when the book inevitably tanks Marvel will be able to say "see, teen books don't sell") and the only truly new thing (because some form of campus division has been a staple of every Institute since the early 00s) is a guy notable for sharing her ethnicity - that's how she introduces him as, before even powers.

Reeks of amateur hour.
>>
>>88060541
>Nobody had a problem with any of this diversity because they weren't telling readers to check their privilege and their identities didn't revolve around their ethnicities.

Exactly. What kept me reading was not
"muh representation" but because the stories were captivating and has substance. It felt like the diversity was a norm in the comics.

Why does Marvel have to emphasize HARD that the X-men franchise is about social commentary when the Xmen has always been social commentary. Can't the writers include their social issues in the plot as a part of the elements that moves the story forward. Not character statistics for the heck of completing the diversity qouta.
>>
>>88060856
You seem to be implying that hasn't been the case since at least the late 70s and went into overdrive in the 90s. The two reasons why people write comics for Marvel are to springboard career in a different medium or because they liked them as a kid and want to wank their nostalgia.
>>
>>88060259
You said nothing about rejecting one culture initially. Which is good, because most of people don't reject their European heritage, they've just been raised with it as the norm, and they want to find out what the other half of them is about.

A person becoming interested in the non-white side of their family does not mean they are rejecting whiteness. I'd chance that you're being a little bit paranoid about this subject.
>>
>>88060838

Not exactly. Because it has people like Quentin who are Omega Level threats and likely belong on the X-Men but simply don't function there because of attitude problems/self-confidence issues/etc.

Should make for some pretty interesting character interactions if it's done right. Even if they don't explicitly say it these kids are going to realize they're on the team of rejects which is already a weirdly demoralizing thing to do to mutants and reeks of the Inhumans classist society. But then you're mixing the kids so that half know they're useless and the other half know they're better and have actual potential. Mix that in with teenagers and KABLOOEY.
>>
>>88060711
>cisgender,
A word intended to pathologize normal people. We don't need a word for people who aren't trans.

>heteronormative,
Heterosexuality is normal (usual, typical, common).

>white privilege
White people are the majority in North America and Europe. Any person who is part of the majority of their given country will have social advantages over people who are not the majority. 99% of the complaints about white privilege would apply to a Chinese guy living in China too. Life is easier if you are part of the majority, you will fit in more. So should we call the Chinese out for yellow privilege? Also just because your group is not excelling and has higher rates of crime, lower grades, worse jobs, etc., doesn't mean the successful groups are cheating. Asians and Indians in Western countries do as well or often much better than white people. SJWs explain this away as these being honorary white people or something. Completely insulting to successful minorities and rejecting the role of hard work in their success.

I have no problem with gay or trans people or ethnic minorities, I have a big problem with this insane SJW ideology and these newthink terms and anyone who uses them is declaring that they want me to be penalized for the circumstances of my birth. They are declaring themselves to be my enemy so I will not give them my money or pretend to be friendly with them.
>>
File: Karma02.jpg (1MB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Karma02.jpg
1MB, 1280x1968px
>>88056509
Karma deserves the best girlfriend in the entire world.
>>
File: marjoriemliu.jpg (1022KB, 922x1306px) Image search: [Google]
marjoriemliu.jpg
1022KB, 922x1306px
>>88060472
>>88060733

Marj Liu still best qt.
>>
>>88060856
X-gen should be who characters that was the point of new mutants. And a new writer is a good idea for a relaunch cause nothing they have been doing is good.
>>
>>88060683
>>88060727
I'm sorry, but if that was a joke, it make no fucking sense. It doesn't even flow well as a sentence.
>>
File: coolingoff.gif (552KB, 376x280px) Image search: [Google]
coolingoff.gif
552KB, 376x280px
>>88060856
>picking D-listers for the only X-teen book when there are dozens of underutilized characters with tones of potential and large fanbases, but no, let's choose fucking Eye Boy and Nature Girl, eternal reminders that Aaron is in the top 5 worst writers to ever write a main X-book

So we should never try to develop new characters? We should always stick to fan favorites? Yeah thank fucking god you're not in charge.

>I'll pick characters to guest-star based on who my faves are, not who would be interesting or work well for the story

And then you shit on her for bringing back fan favorites over characters that work for the story she's telling (THE D LISTERS SHE CHOSE)

You're a joke senpai lmao you can't even keep your argument straight in the same paragraph.
>>
>>88060994
> that hair

hnnggg
>>
>>88061028
I think people miss Rockslide, Anole, Hellion, Pixie, basically the New X-Men class. But whatever, let's pick some lolrandumb characters that Aaron creater. Because fuck you fans.

Also, I don't get why do you defend her with such zealotry? Are you her cisgender heteronormative boyfriend and she ordered you to check your privilege?
>>
>>88060996
I don't have a problem with the case, but I think it is a dirty trick to give this book a nostalgia-title like Generation X (Generation X is nothing but 36+ year olds now) and yet the only character from Gen X is Jubilee.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f[1].jpg (99KB, 1000x727px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f[1].jpg
99KB, 1000x727px
>>88060994

Actually a decent writer too I enjoy her X-23 even if she gets a LITTLE too dramatic at times.
>>
>>88061077
It keeps the name rights with Marvel. Generation X works because of the X-Gene pun, so maybe it should have been Generation neXt or something in an ideal.
>>
>>88061098
She would have been a superior choice for Gen X for sure.
>>
>>88060811
I don't understand how the Celts and Druids, the ancient Greeks, the Romans, medieval Europe, the British Empire, even revolutionary America, are so much less interesting than non-white civilizations. Nothing wrong with being interested in non-white civilizations, I am too. But why you felt the need to belittle white civilizations is beyond me.
>>
>>88061075
Nature Girl is literally the only person that Aaron created out of the squad.
>>
>>88061075

I don't see why you attack her with such hypocrisy. I don't have much faith in anything Marvel does with the X-Men these days but why make a bunch off baseless assumptions? To make yourself feel better or something? If it's shit it's shit if it's decent to good then I'll read it. But when you're coming up with blatant hypocritical and fallacious points I'd call you out even if it was about Bendis.

This thread wouldn't even be half as cancerous if she hasn't made that white privilege joke.
>>
>>88061098
I agree. She has potential. She writes for the character. I felt that while reading X23 and Black Widow. And yes, she has tendency to go dramallama sometimes but yes, she definitely got something brewing. Hopefully, she improves more.
>>
>>88061149
wrong. Eyeboy is, nature girl isn't
>>
>>88061160
oh for fuck sake, just shut up

tl;dr
>>
>>88061149
Even though Morrison created him, Aaron was the one responsible for defining the character of modern Quire.
>>88061186
And this is actually correct, Nature Girl is Latour's.
>>
File: ageofapocalypse6.jpg (179KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
ageofapocalypse6.jpg
179KB, 400x312px
>>88061127
Yeah, the book actually went by the Generation Next name during the Age of Apocalypse.
>>
>>88060994
But seriously, Liu has room for improvement. She can write a story that tells a story and attempts to respect characterization and continuity.

Why not chose her for Mighty CM?
>>
>>88060966
Enough with this meme. The writers need to stop pushing Quire as this great threat that needs to be stopped. He isn't. He is a pathetic kid who thinks he knows about the world when he doesn't. For all his talk about revolution and what not, Quire at the end of the day has no idea what it entails nor does he have any real ideology to base it on. The whole 'Magneto was right' is actually completely wrong as not even Eric subscribes to his original philosophy of eradicating humans as he sees it as wrong.

But hey what do I know right?
>>
>>88061075
>let's pick some lolrandumb characters that Aaron creater

>Quire
Morrison

>Eyeboy
Aaron

>Bling
Milligan

>Nature Girl
Latour

>Jubes
Claremont

>Morph
Bendis

>Nathaniel Carver
Strain

u wot m8
>>
File: dead watermelon.jpg (176KB, 1114x574px) Image search: [Google]
dead watermelon.jpg
176KB, 1114x574px
>>88054086
>>
>>88053951
>the "biggest" name attached so far is Bunn
>everybody else are literally whos
Marvel doing damage control on the brand my ass
>>
>>88061075
>I think people miss Rockslide, Anole, Hellion, Pixie, basically the New X-Men class

Real talk, I would much prefer to see these guys as something more than wallpaper again. They seemed like they were going somewhere.
>>
>>88061028
Note, you idiot, that I said "for the ONLY X-teen book". We absolutely should develop new characters, but when it's zero sum like Marvel's treating the X-Men these days, and my choice is between getting, say, the actual Gen X kids or FUCKING EYE BOY then yeah I'm gonna go for the former.

I didn't complain about the Academy X kids because there was still a place for the earlier folks back then. Same with Gen Hope.

But since AvX it really is a "every writer chooses their own snowflakes, spends two dozen issues with them, the next writer comes along and tosses them aside, chooses their own snowflakes etc." Armor was a huge deal with Whedon in 2007. Pixie was a huge deal with Fraction in 2009. Etc. And then they fell completely by the wayside. This isn't "developing new characters", this is writing about wallpaper, knowing that as soon as the book is cancelled those characters are as good as gone.

My argument is straight, you just can't read - I'm opposed to her picking D-listers if it's the only Young X-Men book we're getting, but if she picked D-listers to tell a specific story, then the guest starts should reflect that. Chamber could work to offer perspective on being a fellow freak and a superhero (although that's not how she implied he'll be used), but the others are literally there because she likes them, not because they make sense. That's bad storytelling, no matter how many reaction images you post.
>>
>>88061278
Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>88061304
Weren't they the first ones that were definitely confirmed to be replaceable with New Mutants being serious AF and Gen X at least pretending they would be able to become mainline if they don't die first?
>>
>>88061278
To be fair, modern Quire was essentially created by Aaron. He's nothing like he once was.

And Bling is a character that should stay in the background.
>>
>>88061252

I don't know if she's with Marvel anymore? She was writing for Image and Dynamite the last two years.

>>88061263

All I said was that he's an Omega Level Mutant. Whether that potential is reached is irrelevant. Bobby is Omega Level as well but the only thing omega about him these days is how gay he is.
>>
>>88061323
>Claim Aaron created them all
>Each and every character is literally created by a different writer
>DAS WHAT I SAID
>>
>>88061278
>quire
literally the worst character of his era and then bendis and arrons because they pushed him.

But every character on the roster except hellion and jubilee were only made after xmen was shit and very few people even liked them.

The book has no hope..
>>
>>88061369
do you know what lolrandumb means?
>>
>>88061314
>every writer chooses their own snowflakes, spends two dozen issues with them, the next writer comes along and tosses them aside, chooses their own snowflakes etc.

Why is this bad again?

No really bare with me here. Each writer gets to take a fresh cast of faces. Tell a complete story with them and develop them in their own way. And then they move on. The characters aren't ruined and run into the ground or retconned. They get to exist in their own story, preserved, and then we get a fresh new cast. I'd much rather that than what we're getting in Blue and Gold for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>88054039
>Then again, she’s also got a toddler running around now, so… let’s see how well she handles playing a mom 24/7.
What.. Is Jubilee a mom now? Who's the dad?

Arggh. I hate what they're doing to the character. She's supposed to be a friendly laidback jokester, not some edgy undead single mom.
>>
>>88061398

Do you know what "created by Aaron" means?
>>
>>88061252
>Why not chose her for Mighty CM?
I think she's focusing with Monstress.
>>
>>88061383
I honestly have no idea what they were doing with Quire in recent books. First he was tangled in some weird love quadrangle, then mandatory THERE'S SO MUCH POTENTIAL IN YOU, STOP BEING A DICK arc. Then Phoenix Corporation? Wat?
And now I remember Bendis' Uncanny and Quire eating apples in all group shots.
>>
>>88061431
She just took a baby she found in the streets as her own
>>
>>88061431
>Arggh characters are developing in ways I didn't predict!
>Keep my hobby safe and same-y!

If it were up to you we wouldn't have gotten Rightclops and he'd still be Jean's cuckold.
>>
File: DChads.jpg (56KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
DChads.jpg
56KB, 612x459px
>>88060994
ayo gurl u want sum fuk
>>
>>88061431
>Is Jubilee a mom now?
Yes.
>Who's the dad?
She stole kid from Hungary, I think. Dad's some OC supervillain.
>>
>>88061434
Do you know what lolrandumb chreater created by Aaron means?
>>
>>88061348
>I don't know if she's with Marvel anymore? She was writing for Image and Dynamite the last two years.
Freelance means she can come and go as she pleases, but it does appear as though Marvel decided to drop her after the sales disappointment of Astonishing X-Men (which followed the sales disappointment of X-23). Too bad, because it was the best one at the time.
>>
File: marjorie-liu-feature.jpg (34KB, 888x456px) Image search: [Google]
marjorie-liu-feature.jpg
34KB, 888x456px
>>88061471
Wait, is qtliu in DC?
>>
>>88061383

Christ you guys are pessimistic. You should be looking forward to a new writer getting to take old underutilized and unliked characters in a new direction. There's not loss there you can only go up.
>>
>>88061504
no, I just saw a window for a DChads joke
>>
>>88061482

shes writing han solo right now
>>
>>88061464
No, she can develop and change, but if you change her persona completely she's not the same character any more. She's currently like the opposite of herself. Even her name Jubilee indicates she should be a fun character.
>>
>>88061510
Considering her interview and her character choices no. Fuck you Marvel can fuck right off and ill slander the fuck out of them every chance I get for getting shit writers to ruin x-men even more than it currently has been ruined.
>>
>>88061510
I didn't mind Quire but all the spotlight he got during the Aaron years and the periphery before all the downplaying of X-books sure weighs his own 'lack of use' something fierce.
>>
>>88061535
Jubilee was just a corruption of her human name Jubilation Lee. Becoming a different personality while retaining the same consciousness doesn't mean that you are no longer you, rather the traits that define what you are changed.
>>
>>88061527
Oh hey, good to know.
I suppose an alternate explanation is that she got into comics through the X-Men cartoon in the 90s and has no particular interest in any of their other characters, resulting in the long break after the x-editors decided they'd had their fill.
>>
File: X-Men V4 #1 (2013) - Page 12.jpg (1MB, 3840x2952px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men V4 #1 (2013) - Page 12.jpg
1MB, 3840x2952px
>>88061431
Logan and Jubes got a little too drunk one night, one thing lead to another...
>>
>>88061575
Not that anon. I don't mind the whole kid angle, but can't Marvel just suck it up and undo the vampire bullshit already? After Civil War 2 they've already flat out admitted they'll just ride the bandwagon and everyone knows they were just cashing in on the Twilight fad of the time.
>>
File: nicola.jpg (39KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
nicola.jpg
39KB, 480x640px
>>88061471
>>88061504
Liu and Scott team on DC when?
>>
Is it at all possible for a female comic book writer to NOT shoehorn in LE PATRIARCHY/FEMINISM/WHITE PRIVILEGE/RACISM/DIVERSITY/MINORITIES/REFUGEES?

Are Marvel women hired specifically on how hard they can shill this shit and force it onto the userbase?
>>
Why does everyone hate Quire? Seems like an interesting character to me but I fell off the Aaron's Wolverine book.
>>
>>88061411
I see your point, and I agree there's nothing nominally wrong with that, but I still dislike it for three reasons:

1) They aren't written well. Bendis' and Aaron's groups, Generation Hope, etc. - for some reason, the writers trying to create new generations of teens do a poor job. Virtually none of them have any fans or leave any mark, and there's close to zero character development for most of them.

2) Continuity - the X-Men, above virtually any other large-scale superhero property, is about actual change. Compare the Justice League now to the Justice League of decades ago. Some members are different (though not that many), but setting aside the changes in genre conventions, it's still the same damn team. Supes, Bats et al saving the world by punching aliens. Conversely, the X-Men have seen such radical tectonic shifts that they're virtually unrecognizable at different points - remember when the O5 had triple identities as mutant hunters, mutant terrorists and secret X-Men back in OG X-Factor? Remember when the X-Men were a global non-profit with branches around the world under Morrison? Remember when the X-Men were a pariah state on the ruins of an asteroid under Gillen?. The reason X-fags care about X-Men is that they get to see these characters grow and evolve over decades, and become attached to them. Taking a "fire-and-forget" approach is antithetical to a franchise (in)famous for being continuity-dense almost to the point of detriment.

3) Because you artificially inflate supply while demand stays the same. Marvel can publish a limited number of X-books, and creating new entire teams every couple of years means someone will want to use them (like Strain), which takes away page space from established characters and dooms them to limbo. In a scenario where there's a dozen books in the X-Men line, sure, have a few for the throwaways, but right now that means there's a few dozen great characters who aren't seeing the light of day.
>>
>>88061471
Wish I could remember who was BIG GUY artist among them when DC Rebirth started.
I think it was Mahnke but all pics I see are him not being big.
>>
>>88061627
Vampires are under-represented in current Marvel. Hell, even Blade can't maintain a presence despite being adapted into a trilogy of popular movies, and he is a half-vampire race traitor.
>>
>>88054124

Nature girl has been borderline wallpaper since her creation since Latour's book ended before he even got to develop her/.
>>
>>88061535

People change anon. I've seen party sluts turn into wholesome Christian moms after having kids.

My uncle went from a stoner raver to a devout Christian after his divorce.

Big events can have catastrophic effects on the personality. She also became a vampire and lost her powers which for many mutants is their identity.

And she's still absolutely happy go lucky Jubes if you've read anything she's been in over the last couple years.
>>
>>88061635
This girl >>88061504 seems like she can decently write a story.

Like this anon says >>88061252
>>
>>88061677
>Vampires are under-represented in current Marvel
...why the hell does that even matter? The way you word it it's like someone on Tumblr will write on their blog that they don't feel like Marvel is giving 'my people' a fair shake.

If the whole vampire crap fit Jubilee that'd be fine, but it just sticks out like a sore thumb and pretty much most if not all of the M-Day depowered got it back or whatever.
>>
>>88061660
shit I know what you mean but I can't remember either.
>>
>>88057782
>bitch/praise it on Tumblr and twitter.

But are they going to buy it?
>>
>>88061712
Liu didn't include any of that stuff in her X-Men run, but she jumped on the "Bobby is gay" bandwagon and claimed that she wrote him as being in the closet.
>>
>>88061635
>>88061712

Unfortunately Liu IS still kind of a super jaundice wizard as well, but she's a decent writer with potential and I don't think she shoehorns it in that hard.

The issue is that "nerd culture" is an easy target typically populated by beta males who crave female attention. So when legitimate places like the film industry laugh in their faces they go somewhere like video games and comics where it's easy to make waves and then they're propped up for sales reasons because any publicity is good publicity.

So unfortunately you haven't seen the last of tumblrtard politics in your favorite hobbies.
>>
>>88061792
Oh and I forgot she also flailed about making Iron Fist Asian, as if we're not lacking in characters who are Asian and also do martial arts stuff.
>>
>>88061718
Why do they let her on a mutant team if she's not a mutant? Go join.. the Nightstalkers, or the Howling Commandos or something. You sure as hell have no business leading a group of mutants if you're an non-mutie flatscan vamp.
>>
>>88061411
This. This was was also the best avengers style. Bring on new team members no one cares about tell their story and get rid of them. This is how marvel works best
>>
>>88061647

Maybe I'm not comic-savvy but from what I hear X-Men, despite sales dips, are still Marvel's most consistently high selling titles.

So why wouldn't they want to do more books? Uncanny, New Mutants, etc?
>>
>>88053951
>Jubilee sticks the lollipop from the left side
>The bulging cheek is on the left as well
You can't even tell me that's supposed to be her tongue, they just fucked up and it looks weird. I guess you're not allowed to make it look phallic at the House of Mouse.
>>
>>88061852
Not all X-Men are mutants. There have been aliens both with abnormalities of their species and baseline and various mechanical lifeforms.
>>
>keep seeing people shit on Nature Girl
>tfw she's qt af (those antlers) and I have an asian fetish
>plus her ability is neat

And that Jubes face on the cover has my heart. I'm just gonna be over here cautiously optimistic for waifu material.
>>
File: tumblr_mvhzfgtEEF1qkeoc7o1_1280.jpg (133KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvhzfgtEEF1qkeoc7o1_1280.jpg
133KB, 600x887px
>>88061852
Storm was a Vampire, should they have kicked her off the team because she's "different" then the others, like humans do to mutants?
>>
>>88061890
Brevoort already flat out stated they'll focus on what they can own integrally when this sort of stuff began to be noticed, like how Marvel wouldn't force comic tie-ins with whatever movie was coming out and not putting out merchandise either.

It's in their best interest as 'let's make money' to just push X-Men out and hope Inhumans take hold since Marvel's big cash cow at the moment are the Avengers, so whoever's 2nd place they don't care much about.
>>
>>88061926
Yeah well they can fuck off too. Muties only. No flatscans allowed.
>>
>>88058964
Welcome to X-faggotry. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>88061940
Yeah those antlers would make great handlebars.
>>
File: i've seen people THIS tall.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
i've seen people THIS tall.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>88061958
You sound like Scott Summers, anon.
>>
>>88061945
source? Not doubting you, I just need source to use.
>>
>>88061942
Not the same, she was still a mutant while she was a vampire. I would be okay if Jubilee still had her mutant powers but also happened to be a vampire.
>>
File: surge11.jpg (123KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
surge11.jpg
123KB, 400x576px
>>88061304
>>88061075

I miss Surge. A lot.
>>
>>88062008
Cyclops did nothing wrong. Gas the flatscans, gene war now.
>>
>>88062011
I don't remember when exactly, but this was like 2012, 2013-ish. They didn't exactly say through their teeth "YES, THE BLACKOUT IS REAL, FUCK YOU", but they did use the words 'focusing on what they can own' or something.

The black-out on comic tie-ins and merchandise you don't need source on. You can remember how when First Class came out they came out with some hamfisted plot about some High Evolutinary flunkies being tied to the O5 X-Men just to try to have it sort of relate to the movie.

Days of Future Past, Apocalypse and so on got nothing.
>>
>>88061942
I certainly wouldn't miss muh nostalgic mohawk grill.
>>
>>88062008

Cyclops created Utopia and invited everyone to go there, mutants and non-mutants.

Hes never been 'mutant first', just 'don't kill us'
>>
>>88061890
Merch rights.

Marvel gets 100% of profits of its comics, but only a fraction of the profits made from X-Men toys, shirts, games, etc. So under Quesada, while Marvel Comics was still comics-first, they went with your logic - the X-Men are consistently our top sellers, so we'll publish as much as we can (there were always like 8+ books, counting Wolverine's), and we'll get our share of the profits from the other stuff as a bonus.

But now - and this isn't a fringe conspiracy theory, Brevoort said this openly - Marvel wants to focus on publishing characters they have full rights to. For a concrete non-X example, for the first time since 1961 there isn't a Fantastic Four comic, since Fox has their movie rights. This is a dangerous road Allonso's taken them on, because it means they're literally viewing the comics division as an IP farm/PR division for the movies and assorted merchandise.

If Marvel makes a deal with Fox like they did with Sony, we'd see over a dozen X-books that year. Until then, we get half-hearted scraps (you're resurrecting Z-list titles like Champions or GLA, but not X-Factor or X-Force?)
>>
>>88060498
He's arguably Marvel's best writer. The only other that you could say is better is Conway.
>>
>>88062064
>but only a fraction of the profits made from X-Men toys, shirts, games, etc
I thought that's only for movie merch, from what people said online?
>>
>>88062051

that O5 x-men story was good though.

days of future past was the same time as that shitty bendis/aaron crossover.

and apocalypse, they just did that apocalypse story in extraordinary/all-new/uncanny
>>
>>88062064
>If Marvel makes a deal with Fox like they did with Sony, we'd see over a dozen X-books that year.

but don't they have a partial deal at least?
they're co-producing that Legion show on FX with Fox.
>>
>>88061075
>I think people miss all these characters that were in Extraordinary X-men and get sporadic cameos
OK, anon.
>>
>>88061477
No, because I don't know what a chreater is.
>>
>>88060978
>the best girlfriend in the entire world
Who would that be, anyway? I can't think of any gay women her age in the marvel universe that are great people.
>>
>>88053951

So since Strain has yet to write a comicbook and I don't know what to expect, this is the X-book with my highest hopes. Fuck.
>>
>>88054390
Might? He 100% is read a comic you filthy casual.
>>
>>88061431
>What.. Is Jubilee a mom now? Who's the dad?

/co/
doesn't
read
comic
books
>>
>>88062866
Not reading Brian Wood is actually a great thing.
>>
>>88062809

she has a webcomic thats alright.
>>
>>88061926
>aliens with abnormalities of their species
= mutants, though.
>>
>>88061024
>he's aware of his privilege because he has an extra sight organ in his mouth
It's obviously a joke you fucking moron.
>>
>>88059943
Husk is my main girl
bring her back
>>
>>88063091
His powers include psychological intuition and seeing past illusions, so it's at least plausible that she literally meant that his powers actually let him see his white privilege, etc.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Trevor_Hawkins_(Earth-616)

And if she was joking the joke would be "just kidding, his powers don't let him do that!" Not "white privilege is a ridiculous concept".
>>
>>88063273
And his whole body is literally covered in eyes but somehow I think SJWs would think a freak covered head to toe in eyeballs would still somehow have advantages over a normal non-white person.
>>
>>88062866
Not like it's a must read life changing story everyone should know about.
>>
>>88063370
It's been the characters status quo for over three years and you'd have to have not only not read at least half a dozen books she's shown up in, but you'd have to just be living in a complete bubble

It's about on the level of walking into /co/ and going WHOA DUDE, WHAT DO YOU MEAN WOLVERINE IS DEAD? HOW CAN A GUY WHO HEALS FROM ANYTHING DIE?
>>
>>88063443
Well Wolverine dying is a little bit bigger of a deal then Jubilee adopting a baby.
>>
>>88063443
I honestly don't care that much about comic books any more because I hate what Marvel and has done with them. I watch the movies and TV shows and occasionally download comics if they stand out to me for some reason. But I come here every now and then for nostalgia and out of curiosity to see how badly they're fucking up.
>>
>>88053951
Well at least we know for sure now that the creative team for Gen13 will be better.
>>
>>88063080
Nope. Mutant as used in terms of X-Men describes a being that has X-Gene, an atypical genetic trigger that causes the development to be significantly different than the relatively consistent baseline humans. The cause of this are Celestial tampering many years ago, and there environmental conditions such as radiation exposure can trigger similar conditions, but are relatively uncommon. In the general sense a mutant would be any lifeform that has characteristics different than either parent from copy-errors of DNA, which is how the common determination by Sentinels that "all people are mutants" works from. In the case of various space ones, they were befriended by humans Mutants because of their fellow outcast nature, which included both those that also had X-Gene as well as those which were only different in how they saw the world (most famous example is Warlock) or other source of their powers than genetic code such as Longshot.
>>
>>88054124
oh come on, Eyeboy can be cool if one digs into his powers and we know nothing about Nature Girl yet.
Quentin, however, is a pest.
>>
>>88054347
why this hate against Shogo? He's cute and the alternative timeline where he's grown up is one of the most adorable things ever.
>>
>>88054533
I liked the future where he works for Brand, it was a really good use of his powers.

Really I would just love him to become a total badass with a good writer, it would be so refreshing.
>>
>>88064212
I just want to know if he has eyes on his cock.
>>
>>88063962
>The cause of this are Celestial tampering many years ago
That was a later crappy retcon, no? I think Warlock was considered a mutant before that.

Also I think Longshot registers as a mutant with the X gene, though I'm not sure because his origins are a snowballing mess.
>>
>>88057451
because we live in a caste system and you can never become something different than what you startet as.

Oh wait! We don't and you can.
>>
>>88064450

but don't you understand, the same five writers should just write everything forever, there's no need to give new people shots at breaking in
>>
>>88064400
currently Longshot is not considered a mutant. He is basically a Mojo cartoon character. Why Shatterstar, who is his own grandfather, is suddenly a mutant... nobody knows.
>>
>>88064310
oh, sure he has and you know exactly where.
>>
>>88054347
>No one even likes Wood anymore
I didn't like Wood's run back when it was starting, so why "anymore"? He fell out of favor doing what?
>>
>>88061763

Some will just to argue about it, some will buy it to piss off the antis, most will only take pages out of context on twitter. But even that is considered a win because people are giving it attention.

Look at the thread, it's already working.
>>
>>88064563
Because his mother was a mutie. Also he at some time merged with a comatose human mutant on Earth with ambiguity if Shatterstar was simply a projection of that boy. What you should take out of this is that a slave race based on television waves of human culture seen in nightmares of another universe's dominate lifeforms have their ideal version which will instinctively rebel and seek freedom had removal of the x-gene as part of the process of making an idealized one.
>>
>>88054599
It was a fucking joke people. Come on.
>>
>>88053951
Why is the Xavier school in Central Park?
>>
>>88058964

Who the fuck wants Hopeless after the dog turd that was Arena?

Speaking for myself, I'm going to give the book three issues to prove itself before I shit on it.
>>
>>88064838
Because they have too many too put on one campus
>>
>>88064809
Yeah, she's saying being able to know your white privilege doesn't help against a Sentinel, but you're reading she's disowning it yourselves.
>>
>>88064888
Why do people still get butthurt about white privilege? People getting a bias based on their gender/race/religion/etc is a thing. It sucks but people are like that. Why cry about it so much?
>>
>>88065067
Oh yeah, this check your privilege movement is completely reasonable as you're trying to present and not comprised of shrieking social media snowflakes who will 'can't even. literally' if they are even slightly called to task when they exaggerate shit. Absolutely.
>>
>>88065067
Because for one is something you cant control so shaming people about their "privilege" wont solve a thing, also because people confuse race privilege with class privilege easily.
>>
>>88065067
Because no matter how affluent or attractive you are, being a mutant automatically makes you worse than the worst human.
>>
>>88065124
>check your privilege movement is completely reasonable as you're trying to present

I'm not doing that. That's why I'm asking about the "snowflakes" as you put it and people like yourself who are crying about being prosecuted by some fringe group on the internet.
>>
>>88065170
Fuck muties!
Inhumans4lyfe!
>>
>>88065261
Sure didn't sound like it from the way you worded it. It's a thing but people shrieking about it 24/7 gets no shit done. They keep boxing people from "we can try to be accomodating" into "EVERY LAST THING I DO IS A DELIBERATE ACT OF OPPRESSION!"

Can't really fault people from barking back if they keep being barked at all day long. That's the issue with "white privilege" at the moment.
>>
>>88064838
Something horrible likely happened to the school in Limbo.
>>
Isn't Swarm a colony of mutant bees with at human intelligence and can absorb the memories of those they consume?
What if a queen that was laid near the end of the current one's lifespan decided to be a good guy instead of following the same evil that polluted the intelligence of her ancestors and builds up a family of her children that are heroic, while one of her sisters retains being the center-point of Swarm?
>>
>>88065347
What could possibly have gone wrong?
>>
>>88065347
>>88065805
>He didn't read this week's extraordinary
>>
>>88065872
I have not given the slightest fuck about the X-Men since Bendis took over the title, so yeah.
>>
>>88063225
What, so she can become Sebastian Shaw's lover now?

God, they've mangled her so fucking hard in the post-Gen X usage.
>>
>>88064093
Jubilee can't go on adventures because she has to babysit the kid and in addition to that every other scene revolves around the kid. It's baggage weighing her down.
>>88064656
He's a sex creep who tried to cheat on his wife a lot.
>>
>>88060856
All I'm hearing is "WAAAAH WHY ISN'T IT CHARACTERS I LIKE?!?!"
>>
>>88063225
>>88066268
I really thought she was dead. Toad was mourning someone in All New recently, so I assumed.
>>
>>88053951
>Blue and Gold is revealed
>/co/ bitches about it being more of the same with the same old characters and the same old writers and artists.

>Gen X is a bunch of underutilized characters with a new writer who is proven to be at least competent.
>/co/ shits itself because "Where's muh Gambit, why couldn't Ewing write this?"

You fuckers are incorrigible.
I'm gonna give this a shot since it's not more rehashed bullshit.
>>
>>88066509
So you take a post that has like 5 points and choose one (which isn't even that) to make fun of with comical exaggeration.

Good retort.
>>
Is the original Gen X worth reading? I remember have the first issue as a kid but never really got into it.
>>
>>88066665
Bitching about using D-Listers isn't worthy of a meaningful retort.

It means you're a shallow characterfag.
>>
File: magik_quentin_quire.png (475KB, 576x408px) Image search: [Google]
magik_quentin_quire.png
475KB, 576x408px
Why is Quire still around at all? The Cuckoos should have killed him off a long time ago.
>>
>>88066671
It is ow the edge and mostly irrelevant, but some characters are cool at least.
>>
>>88066808
Because sometimes you need a character who you just don't like.
>>
>>88066733
There's not much else to discuss about the amateur writer and vague description of it. So talking about characters is all we can do at this point.
>>
File: 1387442099205.jpg (111KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1387442099205.jpg
111KB, 1058x705px
>>88053951
>first comic written by an artist
Well that already sounds terrible.
At least the chances of her being yet another Leth / Bennette or whoever wrote Mockingbird should be slim.

>>88053971
>gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege
Whoops, spoke too soon.

Now I don't even have to get into the fact that the character selection is garbage and the whole premise sounds boring and idiotic.

And some people thought this would be an actual Marvel Rebirth sort of thing. To think people were excited for a Generation X teenager book.
Marvel gave writing duties for this fan-favorite to their fucking colorist.
>>
>>88066808
He's just that good in bed.
>>
>>88054086
Fucking hell, that looks even worse than Spider-Man 2099
>>
>>88059817
anything is a fucking step up from his recurring "hey I'm here too" gag Jason Aaron wrote him as.
>>
File: 1380895112079.jpg (76KB, 331x336px) Image search: [Google]
1380895112079.jpg
76KB, 331x336px
>>88057731
>>
>>88067447
As completely outta nowhere as making the Starsmores into Apocalypse cultists was, it STILL bugs me that they haven't done jack with that idea despite like 6 Apocalypse storylines since then and Evan Sabahnur presumably having contact with Chamber in Aaron's run.
>>
>>88066981

Holy shit people do your fucking research. She gave up coloring went to get her degrees in writing worked her way from webcomics to TV shows BACK into Marvel on a short mini and now is getting her own title.

She's more than proved herself worthy of a CHANCE.
>>
>>88066671

Don't listen to >>88066812, it's great. It's also the start of Emma's character development, her and Sean were fun as Co-educators.
>>
>>88067784
>Start of development
>Morrison's is a direct line from the original character instead of GenX version
thinking is forced by this
>>
>>
>>88066812
I remember having a Penance toy as a kid that was pretty cool. That's all I remember about it.
>>
>>88067998
Think of the children!
>>
>>88053951
Better than Blue, Gold, Jean and and Iceman. I'll not bother will Cable, Marvel will cancel it in a year.
Magik solo series when?
>>
>>88067860

Development into a heroic character and redeeming herself from her villain days started there. She wouldn't have been in the position she was for Morrison to use if not for Gen X.
>>
>>88066981
I think this'll actually be decent. The cast she's picked is good and her webcomic is way different to stuff like Leth's autobio/soapbox comics.

It's an edgy story about a kumiho, basically the murderous Korean version of a kitsune.
>>
>>88068104
Magik is the Wolverine of the New Mutants.
>>
>>88068165

>this sounds familiar.
>look her up and check out the comic.
>rage as I remember waiting so long for the next part I forgot it existed til now.

Damnit, while I'm glad she got the chance for the big time, I wish she'd finished Fox Sister before this.
>>
>>88068231
I'd say Magik is the White Queen of New Mutants, Sunspot is sorta the Wolverine, he's edgy and angry all the time.
>>
>>88066600
>a bunch of underutilized characters
people in this thread keep saying this, but Quire has been in every comic ever created by now and characters like Bling!, Morph, Nature girl and Eye Boy, they all kept showing up recently. The kicker here is that most of those times were shit. So I don't know why people are trying to convince everyone to stay positive about this.
I've actually seen enough of several of these characters already and am not excited for a slightly new take on them.
Ultimately, what breaks this book for me though is this:
>internally dividing the student body into three classes: The Next Generation of X-Men, the Next Generation of Ambassadors, and the Next Generation of… well, lovable losers. These are our Gen Xers
See, the issue is, I don't want to read about the special class. I want to read about interesting characters going on interesting adventures. A team where everyone is mopey about their shit powers while being incapable of actually entertaining any sort of super hero story is not a book that seems interesting to me at all.
This seems like something that would make for a decent mini maybe, but not an ongoing.
Fuck the lovable losers. I actually did want to read about the next X-Men.
>>
>>88069412
Then read X-Men Blue
>>
"heightened level of perception gives him insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege"

Stopped reading there, dropped before its even started
>>
>>88069520
next X-Men, not the previous ones.
>>
>>88069563
But the future lies in the past
>>
>people thought a no-name random x-group that was a failure from the start would get an all-star team for it
>>
>>88069563
Then read X-Men Gold
>>
>>88069762
Actual no-names would have been better because they would build themselves up. This is just Quentin being an annoying ass and claimed to not be at potential again.
>>
>>88069412
That sounds like an argument of semantics, honestly. Who cares if they're "Officially the X-Men TM"?
>>
>>88060357

so a dog is witing a x-men book. oh really marvel
>>
>>88070227
a dog would probably be fired for writing it too competently.
>>
>>88070227
Keep it away from Sam Humphries.
>>
>>
>>88069412
>A team where everyone is mopey about their shit powers while being incapable of actually entertaining any sort of super hero story is not a book that seems interesting to me at all.

You're assuming too much. You're also naive if you think we're not going to see the reject team get flung into real situations above their level.
>>
>>88066812
I didn't think it was that edgy. I mean Emplate and his bondage pet Penance were I guess. And Chamber with his face blown off and Skin with his saggy skin were sort of pitiable characters. But as a whole the book wasn't very edgy, it had goofy fun stuff, like Howard the Duck and entering the fairy realm.
>>
>>88065872
>He actually read this week's Extraordinary
How much self loathing do you have?
>>
>>88053971
>cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege

Is this fucking satire?

None of these words mean anything and are literally made up.
>>
>>88058964
I'd prefer it if Marvel would stop hiring people to push identity politics in everything. Trump won, get over it, your back asswards ideologies are fucking stupid. Stop inserting that shit into things that are meant to entertain. Same shit goes for Hollywood.
>>
>>88071259
Get over your butthurt, some people actually don't shitpost in complete ignorance. Deal with it.
>>
>>88070849
I think if I ever loaded up a /co/ thread that wasn't full of headcanon-based butthurt I'd die of shock.
>>
>>88065872
Has extraordinary been worth reading? I only read the first few issues, but thinking of picking it back up cause I need my Magik fix.
>>
>>88071506
Words are made up.
>>88071558
The profits go to Republican campaign funds though.
>>
>>88053951
That picture of Jubilee is really annoying me, why is her cheek popping out on the opposite side the straw is going in?
>>
>>88071767
It's the senile grandfather of Marvel comics;
some days are wonderful and full of loving nostalgic warmth when new fond memories are made, and others not so much.
>>
>>88069762
Lobdell/Bachalo Generation X was one of the top selling books of the 90s.
>>
>>88071849
Words are supposed to make sense and have meaning.

Heteronormative is entirely redundant and means nothing. Heterosexuality is normal, man and woman are made to fuck each other. Gay people make up 2% of the world's population, being heterosexual is indeed normal.

White privilege does not exist.
>>
>>88071955
SHE ATE THE BABY! It's a toothpick! A TOOTHPICK!!!
>>
>>88072140
You just provided a definition for a word you claim has no meaning.
>>
>>88072127
Really? I thought it was one of less successful X-Books.
>>
>>88072206

I didn't provide a definition for anything.
>>
>>88053971
This is why Trump and DC won.
>>
>>88072140
Shove it with your /pol/ pushing in every fucking thread.

Heterosexuality is TYPICAL, but to claim it's the only form of sexuality that's "normal" is picking another /pol/ shitstorm fight on the wrong board again.
And you're also obviously openly trolling by pushing your little crybaby white power crap here.
Keep pulling this shit and you'll get banned.
>>
>>88072078
>wolverine actually drawn as a manlet

No way
>>
>>88072328
DC has an alien, a no killing moralfag who is an actual homosexual and a bondage lesbian as their mascots
>>
>>88072209
The last issue of their run, 28 was #20 and shipped 112,936. Sure, Uncanny, X-Men, and Wolverine were higher but of course they would be. It was higher than X-Man, X-Men Unlimited, X-Force, Cable, and Excalibur which was the lowest at 80,074, a number that would be considered well-above-average today.
>>
>>88072363
Normal just means typical or common. Abnormal is not necessarily bad, just atypical or uncommon.
>>
>>88072472
>DC has an alien, a no killing moralfag who is an actual homosexual and a bondage lesbian as their mascots
Superman may be an alien, but he's a naturalized refugee who entered America as a baby and grew up to love truth, justice and the American way.
Batman is not gay, see Vicki Vale, Selina Kyle, Talia al Ghul, etc. Wonder Woman was not intended to be a lesbian but bisexual, she was invented by a man who practiced polygamy and she is a representation of the male fantasy of having multiple sexual partners.
>>
>>88072508
And yet it is statistically commonplace for any given random individual to have had at least one homosexual inclination at one point in their lives.
Nearly half.
Should we continue to perpetuate a blatant myth in order to shame and ostracize such people?
>>
>>88072685
That sounds like a made-up statistic, especially given that number of people who identify as lgbt in the US is less than 4%.
>>
>>88072771
That's full-time identification, those Kinsey institute studies ask about single incidents when they tally these statistics up.
>>
>>88072685

Experimenting doesn't automatically make you whatever buzzword sexuality you feel like calling yourself. Heterosexuality is still normal, by definition. Everything else is abnormal. Feeling shamed and ostracized is an entirely personal problem. Stop giving a fuck what people think of you, you aren't special, and no one gives a fuck that you like to stick your dick where shit resides.
>>
>>88072911
If you're bi, you're bi. A bi person doesn't become straight because they settle down with someone of the opposite sex.
>>
>>88072648
Superman should have been deported.
>>
>>88053971
>> insight into his cisgender, heteronormative, white privilege

Marvel never fucking learns.
>>
>>88072685
Assuming your statistics are accurate, which I doubt.. Having a homosexual incident or inclination once does not equate to being homosexual. A boy can be heterosexual and still have played doctor or otherwise experimented with another boy before they really understood anything about sexuality. Or maybe he saw a very effeminate man and was turned on by that, or was just desperate from lack of available females.

So heterosexuality is still the norm. This half of people who you claim experienced homosexual inclination once in their lives are still heterosexuals, they will still go on to date the opposite sex overwhelmingly, and probably marry them and have children with them. They may never think back to this one feeling or experience they had. Even in these people's individual lives, heterosexuality is the norm and whatever homosexual inclination they had was an abnormal exception.

So heterosexuality is the norm. It's normal. So there's nothing wrong with being 'heteronormative'. Homosexuality is abnormal. So is being born a redhead. There's nothing wrong with either of those things, they're just uncommon, atypical, unusual, abnormal.
>>
>>88066671
Lobdell's run is quirky as fuck and GOAT; also Bachalo's best period as an artist. Basic GenX reading list:

>Uncanny X-Men 316, X-Men 36, UXM 317, X-Men 37
The portion of the Phalanx Covenant that directly leads to the team forming.

>Generation X #1-31, -1
Covers the Lobdell/Bachalo stuff. Lobdell bails around Operation: Zero Tolerance leaving James Robinson and Bachalo to finish up that story. -1 is a story about a younger Emma meeting Dark Beast.

>Geneartion X #45-62, X-Man #50
Jay Faerber/Terry Dodson run. Not as good as Lobdell but solid superheroics and Adrienne Frost is one of my favorite X-Men villains. Generation X #50 is part 1 of a crossover with X-Man #50.

>Generation X #67-75
Brian Wood's run which, surprisingly, is not bad. #67-70 deal with Adrienne in control of the school and opening it to non-mutants and is bretty gud stuff. The rest of the issues are fallout of that with #71-74 being "day in the life" stories following Chamber, Jubilee/M, Skin/Banshee and Husk respectively. #75 is the last issue.

Issue 32 is a nothing filler story by Defalco. 33-44 is Hama's awful run. 63-66 is the Counter X stuff with Ellis (Wood co-writing) and is grimdark garbage that in no way fits the tone of the rest of the series.

The 1995 and 1999 Annuals are the only ones I'd consider as having to be read. 1995 shows how Mondo comes to the mansion so is mandatory (read it right around the Omega Red arc). 1999 is about Jubilee finally putting to rest her parents' murder and Monet leaving the school for a few issues (read it inbetween issues 58 and 59). Up to you whether you want to read the Holiday and Underground specials. Avoid the #1/2 issue (more Hama) and the other Annuals (filler stories).
>>
>>88072978
Post-Crisis but pre-Birthright/Infinite Crisis Superman was actually a perfectly legal anchor baby thanks to the birthing matrix. John Byrne really didn't want an illegal Superman, so he came up with that disturbing solution.
>>
>>88071174
Yeah, GenX isn't really edgy at all but quirky. The name's pretty spot on because it's trying real hard (especially during the Lobdell/Bachalo stuff) to harness onto the hip irreverance that defined the irl generation x in the early/mid-'90s.
>>
>>88073037
>Up to you whether you want to read the Holiday and Underground specials

Telling someone to not read the Underground special is dumb, man. That thing is pure fun.
>>
File: Jubilee Laura Rogue beach crop.jpg (859KB, 1700x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee Laura Rogue beach crop.jpg
859KB, 1700x2500px
>>
>>88073018
You're forgetting again that the point made was about how commonplace such things actually are.
If the statistic of exclusive, open, and active homosexuality is 4% that means that there's likely a gay person in any given sampling of 25 people.
You probably have one in your extended family, it would be statistically abnormal for you to not.
Or is your family not normal? Are you FREAKS?

It doesn't have to be adversarial language...
>>
>>88067723
>went to school
So?

>wrote a webcomic
Fucking lol, it's a crapshoot. You might do well and get a Clevinger or even Hastings. You might get Ryan North.

>wrote TV
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6565274/
Being a writer on 3 shorts is not writing for TV.

So yes, she's still a colorist since her writing is virtually non-existant. Hitting two boxes on the diversity checklist in an era where Marvel is prioritizing that above actual talent in their writers as well as (more importantly) having a long history working for Marvel in any capacity got her this job. Not her practically non-existant writing """""""credentials""""""".
>>
I was really hoping for a larger cast composed of more past X-students.
>>
>>88073451
Not that anon but my family certainly isn't normal. We have superior blue eyes while normal people are stuck with shitty brown eyes.
>>
>>88069412
If you want a "lovable loser X-Men" story, Worst X-Man Ever was published this fucking year and is undoubtedly going to be better than this book due to Bemis being a surprisingly good writer. Fuck, why couldn't HE have been on this book instead? I'd take Rags and Riches from that mini over goddamn Quire, Bling! and Eyeboy.
>>
>>88073037
Thanks! I'll check it out.
>>
>>88072685
The Kinsey Scale was created by a guy who liked to stick things up his dick hole and came to his conclusion by interviewing convicted pedophiles.
>>
>>88073167
Oh I like it and having some Jim Mahfood art is great. It's just not necessary to anything although the fact it exists at all shows you exactly the vibe and audience they were going for with the book.

I storytimed the series (bar Hama's run) some years back. Maybe I should do it again in anticipation of this series. Work hasn't provided me with the inclination to sit down for a few hours to storytime though but eh. It's one of my all time favorite comics.
>>
>>88073451
I like how you're trying to spin the words to fit your narrative. If there's statistically a high probability that 1 person in my extended family of 25 is gay, that makes him/her abnormal, not my family. You can't just take groups of people to make up way for it not be normal, that's not how the world works.
>>
>>88065067
It isn't as real as Tumblr babies make it out to be
>>
>>88073651
I'll take a hapa over a numale desu
>>
I'm honestly blanking on the start of Extraordinary at bit, is it the JGS currently in Limbo? Or did they abandon that and put together the current Limbo school as a temporary thing.

Just curious whether this Xavier Institute is a replacement for or in addition the JGS
>>
>>88074269
It's the same JGS, teleported to Limbo.
>>
File: GENERATIONX_Teaser[1].jpg (2MB, 2650x4075px) Image search: [Google]
GENERATIONX_Teaser[1].jpg
2MB, 2650x4075px
Marvel.com interview:
https://news.marvel.com/comics/55707/resurrxion-files-generation-x/
>>
>>88060606
Only through her mother. M's slightly more complicated. Her father Cartier is Monegasque and I'm guessing half black as he's always drawn black, but his father was clearly white.

So M's a lot of things.
>>
>>88073557

Blue eyes get sunburnt easier sucker

Us resilient brown eyes will outlast you.
Thread posts: 529
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.