[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

But they didn't have chickens.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: chicken.jpg (45KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
45KB, 620x349px
But they didn't have chickens.
>>
>>88039272
Not THAT kind of chicken anyway, right? didnt we breed those?
or am i wrong and that's totally what they look like in asia. i mean i GUESS i've seen chinese drawings of chickens that kinda look like that
>>
>>88039272
Why'd they use the chicken but not the pig?
>>
File: Red Junglefowl.jpg (570KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Red Junglefowl.jpg
570KB, 900x600px
>>88039272

Yeah, they did. The common chicken originated in Asia and was bred from the junglefowl; Polynesians carried chickens with them as far as Easter Island.
>>
Chickens came from Asia and spread from there. Many different tribes and people took livestock as they migrated, including Polynesions
>>88043321
Last minute rewrites.
>>
File: 1480389582392.jpg (123KB, 630x523px) Image search: [Google]
1480389582392.jpg
123KB, 630x523px
>>88043164
Copy pasted from last thread:
https://kauaiblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/kauais-wild-chickens-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/
>the “mua” or red jungle fowl were brought to Kauai by the Polynesians as a source of food, thriving on an island where they have no real predators. A clerk at the Koke’e Museum in the Waimea Canyon shared her opinion on why there are so many wild chickens on Kauai these days: “Because tourists feed them!”

Basically, a bunch of chickens proliferated on Kauai because, while chickens were brought by Polynesian sailors to most Hawaiian islands, the mongoose was never introduced to Kauai, meaning they had no natural predators.

Now the wild Roosters are part of the island's tourism appeal and give of a glimpse of what Polynesian chickens looked like (keep in mind a few European chickens smuggled in for cock fighting entered the gene pool at some point, but not very many).
>>
>>88039272
i mean there's like magic fish hooks and shit but the chicken is the unrealistic one am i right lmao

on a more serious note i'm glad a movie that takes place on the pacific islands lacked tikis
no one said the word tiki
no tikis appeared
like a lack of tikis shouldn't make me so happy but it does
>>
>>88043953
What's wrong with tikis? Just the fact people spread that shit on anything polynesian even though it's only limited to a select few islands?
>>
>>88044136
hell yeah
i'm glad the antagonist of the film wasn't a "spoopy legendary tiki monster!!!" or that they didn't call every piece of wood with a face on it a tiki
if there was a bingo for this movie before it came out "includes tikis" might have been a free space they sure dodged rants from hundreds of history nerds
>>
>>88044320
My polynesian mythos is a bit rusty.

Tiki was the first man in Maori myth, correct? And since wooden representations of him were made, people started using "tikis" as general term for the wooden figures?
>>
>>88043164
Nono, this is pretty much the Asian rooster colours, and if you tell me the Polynesians brought some with them on their voyages so they could have fried chicken as an alternative to fishes that totally makes sense. Fuck, I'd do that.
>>
>>88044398
if that's true this movie really went out of its way to not include tikis
>>
>>88043953
>on a more serious note i'm glad a movie that takes place on the pacific islands lacked tikis
>no one said the word tiki
>no tikis appeared
>like a lack of tikis shouldn't make me so happy but it does

Disney is saving that for the parks with Moana's Enchanted Tiki Room.
>>
>>88044667
>Disney gets rid of enchanted tiki room, replacing it with "Moana Rooster's water effects show and southern polynesian culture display"

Fuck, writing that made me realize how much I miss themepark threads on this board. Mods used to be chill with them but now they're pruned, and /trv/ is dead so no use going there.
>>
File: demon chicken POYO.jpg (180KB, 1171x683px) Image search: [Google]
demon chicken POYO.jpg
180KB, 1171x683px
>>88039272
>they didn't have chickens
Chicken is DOOM, anon. This is known.
>>
I thought the chicken was super funny
the first retarded animal in Disney right?
>>
>>88043321
Why couldn't she bring both?
>>
>>88039272
> make a movie about a mythos
> retards assume you didn't study up on the culture which founded it because they themselves are too stupid to have done any
>>
>>88047265

Does Krunk count?

Wait, no, it was probably Gideon.
>>
>>88048304
She didn't bring either, the retarded rooster somehow found itself on her boat before she pushed off. Even it didn't want to be there, it was freaking the fuck out as it slowly comprehended that it was out at sea.
>>
>>88047265
There's the MINE seagulls in Finding Nemo?
>>
>>88048439
>reasonably assume they didn't study up on the culture which founded it because they're a) Disney and b) US Americans

Fixed.
>>
>>88039272
Toward the end, a little girl in the theater kept asking "mommy where'd the chicken go?"
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.