[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Stan Lee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-11-29-12-48-46.jpg (947KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-29-12-48-46.jpg
947KB, 800x1280px
> Stan Lee
>>
Your crystal ball was blurry, Esmeralda.
>>
It's called a joke, numbnuts.
>>
Why can I hear Stan Lee's voice when I read that page?
>>
>>88033610
Because He did a very good job establishing himself as the face of the company. Even now that Quesada got " Stan Lee Presents" removed from all the new comics people still think of Stan first when they think of Marvel

Greetings True Believers!
>>
>>88033354
What a conceited asshole
>>
Why does Stan Defense Forcers never acknowledge that Stan was married to the owner's cousin?
>>
>>88033867
Because unpaid interns, anon.
>>
>>88033610
He knows what he sounds like and uses that character voice for his narration. Same reason most characters in Stan-penned books have consistent syntax and tone.
>>
>>88033354
cheeky
>>
>>88033354
>The Coming of The Scorpion!
>that anatomically inaccurate dickheaded stinger
>speedlines of flying debris look like semen
It's the simple things in life you treasure.
>>
>>88033867

I do all the time! It also doesn't matter IMO
>>
>>88033867
>to the owner's cousin?
No Martin Goodman was only the Publisher, which is also the highest position Stan ever rose to himself. He never owned to place, he just ran it although it sounds like he was really hands off unless there was a problem, he focused more on trying to get toys, movies, etc
>>
>>88034211

Stan was kind of ashamed of being in comics at the start. He was trying to use it to get into movies or tv or prose novels. I dunno when the stink went away for him, probably once the checks hit a certain figure
>>
>>88034283
>Stan was kind of ashamed of being in comics at the start.
According to Will Eisner that was how just about everyone in the industry felt. It was respectable to do commercial illustration, but cartoonists would often lie about their jobs in the Golden Age

Really things didn't change until the first wave of fan talent in the early 70's came in. The writers and artists who grew up reading the stuff

Also Lee at one point tried to jump ship by getting Eisner to take his job at Marvel, but the Marvel execs turned him down because he wanted writers/artists to get royalties
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.