[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The creators went full retard naming this show. I still don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Lolirock_poster.jpg (1MB, 1070x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Lolirock_poster.jpg
1MB, 1070x1500px
The creators went full retard naming this show. I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking. It's annoying because a lot of people are turned off from giving it a chance just because of that dumbass title because they don't want to be seen as perverts. The show itself is really wholesome and well made, but who is going to openly talk about watching an all-girl cast show with the word "loli" in the title? They really shot themselves in the foot with that one.
>>
Well no more perverted than most of 4chan, anyway. The word doesn't have the same negative stigma in France, so they never outright thought of it being perceived as such here.
I actually haven't seen any complaints from normies about the name during its run on Netflix.

Anyway, theres a thread for this week's happenings, we can probably get a few more for discussion
>>88021166
>>
>>88026294
Loli may be a neutral term in France but it certainly isn't in most if the western world or asia. It just doesn't seem possible that they weren't aware of this.

Also I made this thread separately because I didn't want to derail the general.
>>
>>88026294
>The word doesn't have the same negative stigma in France
I'm french and that's bullshit.
>>
>>88026358
To what degree, compared to the online sphere?
>>
Apparently now they're going with the excuse that it's shortened for "LOL, I rock". They're either genuinely retarded or trying really hard to justify putting "loli" in a western kids show, which seems absurd on their part but okay. Would have made them look better if they continued not acknowledging it at all.

It was originally going to be called Star Princess, which makes their leap seem all the more bizarre.
>>
>>88026344
"Loli" only has a negative connotation to those who care enough to make it so. And I'm pretty sure a majority of people in the western world don't care, as there are more concise words to describe pedophilia.

Say "lolita" to most normal people and they'll probably think of the book or the fashion before anything else. It isn't the first time this word has been co-opted.
>>
why am I vaguely reminded of Magic Knight Rayearth
>>
>>88026465
I think the Lol I Rock is one of ours. The official canon is it's a play on the Spanish "y" (and), so " Lol and Rock".
Maybe there's some culture difference involving that sort of play on words.
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 604x604px
>>88026518
Umi has a tan.
Also mascot is god
>>
>>88026476
The word "loli" is unmarketable to normies, particularity for a classic girl power cartoon. Lolita when used as a word means sexually promiscuous young girl, because of the book which popularized its use in this particular way. The fact that it's the name of a flamboyant Japanese street fashion doesn't exactly absolve the word of that connotation to westerners.

For example, in 2008 there was a UK retailer that was criticized for marketing bedroom furniture to young girls labeled Lolita. People express similar feelings about lolirock today. The only thing keeping this show from serious controversy is that most people have never heard of it because it barely gets promoted.
>>
>>88026476
>Say "lolita" to most normal people and they'll probably think of the book

What do you think the book was about?
>>
>>88026387
In french, if you say Lolita people won't think of the book but of sexualized nubile young girls. It'll probably be even worse now with the recent hubbub about that kiddy diddler photographer.

>>88026563
"lol y rock" is sorta official, it was from a QA on the official site. That being said, the explanation from the actual creators is a bit different, they say it's a mashup of lollipop and rock.
>>
>>88026622
So if it were called LolliRock, would there be any fuss?
What a difference a letter makes.
>>
>>88026698
There would be a smaller fuss and it'd be much easier for them to justify themselves. For what it's worth it's often not spelled with two L in french, but it's also a very uncommon word nowadays.
>>
>>88026344
Tbh this could give the other thread legs until others wake up to speculate on the new teaser. It's not really a derail unless convo was already going on
>>
Lollyrock. Lolly is Brit-ese for lollipop. Problem solved.
>>
>>88026622
>In french, if you say Lolita people won't think of the book but of sexualized nubile young girls.
But we don't care. Old bitch trying to be relevant by telling she was raped 30 years ago isn't going to change the culture of a country.
>>
>>88026765
doesn't matter when the culture changed already long ago, due to the Dutroux case. Lolis haven't been welcome since.
>>
>>88025980
Wait.... Its actually called that? I honestly thought that was just a meme-name that people called it around here. Jesus christ
>>
>>88026358
It's true though. You'd know if you were really French, Muhamad.
>>
>>88026797
>Belgian cuck trying to tell France how their culture work.
>>
It's a pun
Lollipop
Pop like the music
What if we called it Lollirock?
Get ít? Because it's not pop! It's Rock!
Though it's still clearly pop, thanks Disney for starting the trend
>>
>>88026923
I thought Ahmeds liked lolis????
>>
>>88025980
>because they don't want to be seen as perverts
The title isn't going to change that. Just look at the show.
>>
Has Japan not got it's hands on this yet? Can't find any dojins on sadpanda
>>
>>88027327
They'd need a dub, I'd think, for something like a doujin. I have no idea if there's a group subbing whatever dub is easiest to access. I can count at least 2 elevens that follow it and have done art. Pixiv has some stuff I think, no 34 to my knowledge.
>>
>>88026476
why are their noses so wide?
>>
>>88026518
I'm geting more Jem vibes myself
>>
>>88028014
(You)
>>
>>88025980
Is the main demographic of lolirock adult men or little girls?

I'm sure the some or most of the people involved in this show know what kind of pervert fans are gonna be watching this. Probably tons of lewds made of this by now.

The content can't possibly be as bad as japanese otaku obsession with precure and idol
>>
>>88029168
It's aimed at young girls. Otaku probably feel put off by the show because of the scarlet letter of a title. Can you imagine grown men talking openly about lolirock? It'd be the most cringe thing ever. With other shows they can at least half pretend they are watching for the plot.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.