[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes Superman and Batman such good friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: friends.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
What makes Superman and Batman such good friends?
>>
>>88021148
The sex.
>>
Brains+Brawn
>>
File: 201603_2236_ifhhd_sm.jpg (25KB, 300x401px) Image search: [Google]
201603_2236_ifhhd_sm.jpg
25KB, 300x401px
>>88021148
>>
>>88021229
The Martha scene was kino, just because you enjoy movies, as opposed to cinema, doesn't make the scene a joke.
>>
>>88021148
Batman is cynical and trusts no one, not even himself, not even his self's self. but he is a genius detective with a will of iron.

Superman is a nigh incorruptible paragon of good and virtue, and tries to inspire hope and a feeling of safety in people, even if it makes him look cheesy or "old fashioned"

Batman trusts Superman because he sees that behind all the planet crushing power and laser beams, he's just a farmboy from Kansas who was raised to believe in the good within people, and would never succumb to the corruption that absolute power brings. He's the ultimate reliable, trustworthy ally.

And Superman sees that behind all the frowns and gadgets and punches, Bruce believes in nothing but Justice, has some sound wisdom, and is also a good trustworthy ally who he can go to to confide with.

they are also both orphans, who had to be raised by adoptive parents who weren't quite sure how to raise them.

2 pages that stand out to me in this regard.

this one
>>
File: 17.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>88021664
and this one.

honestly now that both Superman and Bats have "super sons", that ties them together more, because both kids bring challenges to their tables. Damian is... well, Damian, and Jon is a big ball of unpredictable hybrid Human/Kryptonian DNA in the body of a little kid
>>
>>88021664
>Batman is cynical and trusts no one

is this true tho?
I don't think Superman would hang around someone like this
>>
>>88021148
The fact Bruce is a great bottom.
>>
>>88021770
well id say if anyone, Superman is the only person (outside of his Bat family anyway) that he really trusts.

I suppose theres also a bit of that old saying, opposites attract. And they are literally and metaphorically, light and day.
>>
>>88021167
/thread
>>
>>88021148
Bruce is physically ordinary, but exceptional in all other aspects including socially and financially. Clark is just short of godhood physically, while in his personal life is an ordinary person in all other respects. They keep each other grounded.
>>
Idealism vs Cynicism
>>
>>88021691
>>88021664
Funnily enough these are two different Supermans.
>>
>>88021148
>>>88021148
>Bruce is physically ordinary

Kek

Anyway both Bruce and Clark are manchildren
>>
@88021396
(you)
>>
Clark is fun, and he never lets Bruce take himself too seriously. He's maybe the only person in the world who isn't remotely afraid of batman
>>
>>88021148
Brosexual attraction
>>
>>88021396
The Martha scene was a gum obtained from certain tropical trees by tapping, used locally as an astringent in medicine and in tanning?
>>
>>88022211
>personal life is an ordinary person in all other respects

He seems to have the healthiest home life of anyone in the DC universe, especially when you thing of any of the A or B (or even C) players. Arthur and Mera are certainly stable but have had their problems, on and off. Ollie has shown himself to be a bad mentor, parent, husband, and boyfriend (albeit he's certainly worked on all of those), Hal is a basket case relationship wise, Diana less of a basket case (and it's probably part and parcel of how badly she's been managed and written) but she's also not really had any kind of stability in her home life, ever. I could go and on, but I think this proves my point.

Clark's work life, for an 'ordinary' human, again also compares well. He's an award winning journalist whose respected by his co-workers and in his profession. He has healthy and significant relationships with his co-workers as Superman AND as Clark. Barry HAD a healthy home life until the Cereal King decided his Mother had to die and his Father had to be the accused killer because god forbid a superhero not just accept his accidental powers and want to do good just because he morally feels this is the right way to use those powers -- no, he has to suffer to be heroic. Ditto he's now wifeless.

Again, Bruce, Ollie have societal acceptance due to money, but that doesn't equate to exceptional. Socially exceptional people would mean they have healthy social lives, that their community views them as socially akin to them or morally superior, their friendships, co-workers, and acquaintances should also be healthy relationships. I'm not sure you can really apply that to Bruce, unless you're only measure is the Lil Gotham series, which seems to be the only one where the Bat Family actually get along and act as family. Ditto pretty much anyone else.
>>
>>88021168
Both have both traits.
>>
>>88021167
fpbp
>>
>>88021832

They actually take turns, anon. Bruce at even his power bottom best would need to change stuff up or the wear and tear would mean that he'd never be able to do anything else.
>>
Their moms have the same name.
>>
>>88025535
I thought that was skub.
>>
>>88021148
The fact that they're DC's biggest names and a friendship between them is a must.
>>
Superman is a literal alien living on Earth. He's not human, he's something else. This causes him to be distant or apart from humanity as a whole, even though he spends a large amount of time saving lives.

Batman is a human, but emotional trauma has caused him to reject humanity as a whole. In a sense he's more alien than Clark, he's made himself an outsider.

They can bond over this shared alien feeling, and maybe Clark hopes he can help Bruce find his own humanity and join the rest of us as a normal human being.
>>
>>88021691
I kinda wanna see a comic of Jor-El and Lara getting ready for the baby, being all super happy and perfect couple like, than BAM dead.
>>
File: superbatbros.jpg (1MB, 913x2880px) Image search: [Google]
superbatbros.jpg
1MB, 913x2880px
>>88024295
>Being afraid of your friends.
>>
>>88021396
the entire movie was an affront to movies and cinema
>>
>>88026353

Both have them but in different quantities. Batman is not a scrawny kid and Superman is not a retard, but Batman can't punch planets out of existance and Superman doesn't have Batman's combination of genius + paranoia
>>
>>88021148
Sales
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.