[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people continue to work there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

>>
Well Gotham doesn't seem to be in the best economic state, so it could be either work at Arkham or no work at all considering there are that many criminals in the city
>>
Blah blah blah job market's shit.
>>
-State pension
-More billy clubs than you know what to do with
-Spy on some Harley/Ivy lez action in the shower
-Their cafeteria soda fountain has Mr Pibb
>>
The people of Gotham are suicidal.
>>
>>88020174
>Why do people continue to work
Same answer.
>>
>>88020174
Why hasn't the US Government nuked Gotham into oblivion?
>>
>>88020174
Death wish, no other options, an insane belief that they are actually making a difference.
>>
>>88020663
Why hasn't Gotham re instituted the death penalty for the murderous clown that keeps breaking out and murders a whole lot of people?
>>
>>88020174
I don't know, why do people CHOOSE to join the military?
>>
If I've learned anything this past election year it's that people will happily work at anything anywhere no matter how stupid or self destructive it is.
>>
>>88020174
>Why do people continue to work there?
Seriously. They must be one of the most incompetent medical staff in the world.

Just fire them.
>>
>>88020174
At one hand, I suppose the guys who work at lower levels (maintenance and such) can't find a better job given their credentials, like no formal education or such. And given how many people are murdered because they look funny at some inmate, the salary must be pretty good.

And at the other hand, those who work in clinical and more specialized positions are almost as insane as the prisoners. because they want to look into the more obscure and putrid part of the human psyche. Harley Quinn and Hugo Strange used to work here, iirc.
>>
Maligned or victimized citizens seeking to leverage the perceived "authority" over the prisoners and the obviously lax regulations to punish, harass, and otherwise potentially torture the inmates.

>Oh sorry I keep throwing all of my still smoldering cigarette butts in your cell Ivy my bad haha
>>
>>88020980
There's nothing wrong with the medical staff. In fact they're probably great because they can keep Clayface and Mr Freeze running.

It's the GUARDS who are terrible.
>>
File: kotm-flintstones-living-full.jpg (123KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
kotm-flintstones-living-full.jpg
123KB, 950x534px
Eh. It's a living
>>
>'Eh at least it's not in Hub City.'
>>
>>88020663
>No man's land was there best solution
>It actually made a couple of villains briefly do good
>>
>>88021123
>Bring dumb enough to fuck with ivy
Which turns it into a chicken and egg situation: are they dumb enough to fuck with ivy because they work at arkham, or do they work at arkham because they're dumb enough to fuck with ivy
>>
>>88020174
Someone has to help Batman's victims
>>
>>88020174
The economy nigga.
>>
How are superhero universes so utterly crime ridden despite the presence of benevolent superhumans?

And how do such places even function?

It's like South Africa
>>
>>88021585
Isn't it obvious? They got a black president
>>
>>88020763
so writers have bread on the table
>>
>>88020763
I don't know why Joker is treated like an ordinary gangster when he is clearly a terrorist. Some minimum security mental hospital is not the place to send someone like that.
>>
Hey man I work at Arkham as an office tech and I makes sure the nurses on hand are staffed and file reports. I work Sunday to Thursday 4AM to 2 PM. Job ain't so bad when you get used to it, it's stressful, always busy, but the pay's good and you get lots of overtime. Worst part of the job is that nurses call in sick and don't want to come to work so you have to call the list to get others to come in and sometimes force people to work double shifts. It's the law and it sucks but what you gonna do ya know?

Been doing this for 2 years.
>>
>>88020174
they want to fuck the joker
>>
File: tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>mfw wagecucks get blown up at their job
>>
>>88021963
>tfw comfy at home in the Row while wageslaves get turned into plants
>>
>>88020174
There are sick people who need help. Some, like The Joker, seem hopeless. Some, like The Riddler, have been rehabilitated, but fallen back into they're old ways. Still, the sick must be treated.
>>
>>88020174
>>
>>88020174
they're insane
>>
>>88020174
>$100 an hour
>Paid breaks
>Paid holiday vacation
Though 5 books full of shit you have to read and sign is a bit weird.
>>
>>88020265
Didn't Arkham confirm that alot of the pscyhatirsts force female inmates sexual favors for them to get out.
>>
Funded by the Wayne Foundation. The place actually only exists to provide place for villains to rest, recover, breakout, or be created in. So the Batman has people to punch every night besides random street thugs.
>>
File: sec.jpg (19KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
sec.jpg
19KB, 308x400px
>>88021187
>guards are terrible
You say that like it's their fault
>be security guard
>not a real cop, minimal training
>minimal physical conditioning
>probably make like $15-20 an hour with few benefits
>respond to an inmate escaping
>is it going to be the feminazi who controls plants, the living ball of mud, the clown with plot armor, or the crocodile man who eats people?
>oh good, it's just Two-Face
>come away with just a few bruises as you and the other guards wrestle him down
I don't think you can say the guards are terrible, they're just completely out of their depth. Arkham should just have a Justice League member or two on hand at all times.
>>
>>88025459
Yeah, the guards are terrible, but only because this is not the job the trained for. The people running Arkham just have no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>88020763
It all starts with the permissive liberal media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfjRc5n78DU
>>
>>88020174
>asking logic in Batman comics/cartoons
>>
>>88025663
He's right you know.
He's right in our world too.
>>
>>88025714
Why not. They've built a world for these characters to live in, so why not have it work the way it should? There has to be some sort of internal logic or you couldn't tell good stories.

Without it, There's nothing keeping Batman from suddenly having godlike powers, snapping his fingers and making evil go away.
Internal logic is the framework you hang your stories from.
>>
>>88025714
>>88026040
All this make sense if we take by the fact that batman is just a mortal human and everything that happens in his arc would just last some 60 years or less until he get too old or die. By this point of view, 6 decades is rezoable to try to put a city in the line and see the evil resist over and over (like the government).

But since capeshit has to last forever, all his actions seem like a wast of time.
>>
Why don't cops and guards in the most corrupt city in America just shoot the Joker?

Is it because he's White?
>>
>>88026040
The fact that Batman doesn't try to gain godlike powers is more insulting to the internal logic.
>>
>>88020174
Good wages?
They're insane?
It makes for good stories? (sometimes).
>>
>>88026040
>Why not.
Because the muh "because he is Batman" meme became the cancer that destroys every possible coherency.
>He is only a mortal without any super powers because I have to relate to him
>BUT he is also able to defeat every possible super threat and could easily wipe out the justice leaue because he is so badass and humanity fuck yeah
>BUT he should also have problems with his own rogue gallery who aren't even nearly on the same level as other super villains, because stories where the hero doesn't strugle is boring
etc.
If you catch my drift.
>>
>>88020174
120k a year, plus Vision, Dental, and Health with virtually nonexistent premiums thanks to a special "public health & safety" initiative from Wayne Enterprises. I used to work there back in the day, me and the boy's always assumed it was the easiest way for that playboy to get a tax write-off and still sleep soundly up in that mansion on his hill knowing all the boogeymen were kept captive. Don't bother me none, my kid needed braces at the time, got her all fixed up with those fancy invisi-whatcha ones they whipped up in Star Labs.

One good thing that many people don't realize about working at Arkham is, there's actually a low mortality rate. Sure, there's the occasional Joker breaking out of his cell and slaughtering the entire night crew, but usually they're trying to get out of Arkham to cause the mayhem, and when you weigh the risk of just being in the city vs being in the asylum it's actually not that bad.

Plus, and I hope you don't think too less of us guys up here for me to be admitting this, but there are a certain number of side benefits. Such as seeing Poison Ivy walking around in her birthday suit when making rounds, or making gaga eyes with Harley Quinn, and don't get me started about what it's like supervising their shower activity. We've been hoping that the Bat will finally get off his ass and throw Catwoman in here too and really make things interesting.
>>
>>88026186
Autism
>>
>>88026172
Godlike powers would make it difficult for Gordon to follow through on the kill file he left with him in case he ever goes rogue
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.