[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Sherk a negative influence on the animated movie industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: shrek_ver2.jpg (111KB, 507x755px) Image search: [Google]
shrek_ver2.jpg
111KB, 507x755px
Was Sherk a negative influence on the animated movie industry?
>>
>>88012932
Yes.
>>
>>88012932
SOME
>>
>>88012932
>sherk
JUST
>>
BODY
>>
>>88012932
Yes
>>
SAVE
>>
>>88012932
Yes and no
>>
ME
>>
JUST
>>
>>88012932
It could have been a good or bad influence. We live in the timeline where it was bad.
>>
>>88013895
Why?
>>
>>88014788
>shark tale
>Mr. pickles
>Chicken Little
>Johnny Test
>Sausage Party

Seriously anon, take your pick
>>
Ask for negative things?
Try Anastasia from Fox anime.
>>
>>88012932
>cemented CGI as the big money-maker
>encouraged parodical and referential humor in mainstream movies
>elevated Dreamworks's reputation ... as money-grubbers
It might be.
>>
>>88015683
>Any of those being at all related to shrek in any way

Sharktales only mildly so.

Nice bait, have your (you).
>>
>>88015683
>Implying Mr Pickles exist because of Shrek and not of South Park, Beavis & Butt-Head and internet animation.
come on Anon come on!
>>
>>88012932
No in his fault, but is a classic lesson of how hypocrisy affect's all the industries. About how anti-tropes media also have a lot of tropes, and how this tropes also become overused in the favor of more money.

In the end, all the choices and attitudes of a conpany are driven by money and conpetion, and not for real effort or art as they clain (see cars 3 and Shrek 5)
>>
File: p162786_p_v8_aa.jpg (329KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p162786_p_v8_aa.jpg
329KB, 960x1440px
>>88012932
Yes. It was a good movie, but it seemed like every other CGI film released afterwards(including it's sequels) desperately tried but failing miserably to replicate it's success. Garbage like Shark Tale and Happly Never that were clearly inspired by Shrek are some of the biggest examples.
>>
Blame Jeff Katzenberg's greedy ass, not Shrek.
>>
>>88020973
Reminder that this exists:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=899fH12xOxw
>>
>>88012932
When I was little I thought that the big S on the poster was a massive tail or something growing out of Shrek's ass.
>>
>>88021059

he got butthurt Eisner fired him.
>>
>>88012932
Yes. While I love the first two movies I'm so glad Dreamworks dominance is over mainly because EVERY CG animated flick not from Pixar tried so hard to ape its success leading to so many souless cashgrabs. If anything can be said about this era is that it truly feels like a return to form where people like animation because of its honest themes instead of being a cynical "Disney sucks" parody to get adults into it.
>>
>>88020973
What about Hoodwinked?
>>
Its success coupled with Final Fantasy's failure cemented animation as juvenile family friendly cartoons. Remember, they came out the same year.

Tiant AEs failiure also didnt help.
>>
File: black infant discovers chicken.png (231KB, 304x366px) Image search: [Google]
black infant discovers chicken.png
231KB, 304x366px
sherk 5 looks pretty good
a return to form
and the LOTR references delight my inner hobbit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LNLIpFzINY
>>
>>88021578
pretty sure that's a PRIME candidate of exactly that kind of movie that followed in shrek's coattails
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.