/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What accent do they have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: pair.jpg (71KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
pair.jpg
71KB, 600x372px
What accent do they have?
>>
>>88009194
Generic Slav
>>
Whatever Wanda wants them to sound like.
>>
>>88009204

Why would gypsy scum sound like slavs?
>>
I know them being from Eastern Europe has always been canon but was Whedon the first one to bring up the accent thing?

I remember hearing them speak for the first time in AoU and thinking "huh how come nobody ever brought this up?"
>>
>>88009297
>Whedon the first one to bring up the accent thing?

Could be. I only ever knew the Maximoff twins from the cartoons and I don't recall them speaking with an accent other than a North American one.

Though even in the cartoons, their gypsy scum and european origins were kinda overlooked/ignored.
>>
>>88009194

serb ("sokovian") here. we have a strong (rolled, alveoral or dental) R, but can pronounce the english R well. no TH so it's harder to fake. T and D are slightly different too. also, the intonation is more flat. i'd rarely use present perfect. no phrasal verbs or third person singular, some prepositions are different (in the tree/on the tree), so they could make those kind of mistakes. considering they've been in the states for years (in comics), i doubt it.

tl,dr: like russian villains in the movies
>>
>>88009194
>>88009204
>>88009619
granted, they could be jews or roma (hard to keep up with their origin) so maybe even more exotic.
>>
>>88009445
There was this short-lived Avengers cartoon in the late 90s that had her speak with a really thick, cartoony accent.
>>
>>88009297
Scarlet Witch had an accent in the 90's Iron Man cartoon and the 90's Avengers cartoon.
>>
>>88009297
They had accents in the X-Men First Class comics.
>>
>>88009840
Youtube link?
>>
>They have accents
>Magneto doesn't
>>
>>88009796

I remember that cartoon. But not really anything about her other than being introduced to the character for the first time and finding out she was a mutant.
>>
>>88009907
its almost like he is a filthy jew and the mother is a filthy slav who actually raised them
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.