[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where Rebirth is going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: tiotdyvcqu0ckgmcppme.png (543KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tiotdyvcqu0ckgmcppme.png
543KB, 800x450px
A couple of you might have seen my comments about this already, but I wanted to write it all out. A few months ago I did a similar write-up, before Rebirth, found here. Since then Darkseid War and Rebirth have actually happened, and I've noticed a few more threads throughout various comics that point to some big things happening. I'm just gonna dive right in now. And fair warning, I'm going to be spoiling pretty much every comic for the last few years. Also I won't be linking to individual pages because I don't have any without watermarks available.

So first off, I was right about the Empty Hand (from multiversity) being the villain of Rebirth. Because he's Dr Manhattan. This is the one thing I'm the most sure about, the thing that ties it all together. He has the same MO (invade world, change it somehow, take away the joy, the hope, the fun, the love, the legacy, etc) and also they keep using the same imagery for both Rebirth and Multiversity. In Multiversity he's shown waving his gigantic black and blue hand while dismissing Justice Incarnate, in Rebirth a giant black and blue hand is seen reaching through space while discussing the past and future attacks by the mysterious entity. He doesn't feel anyone is a threat to him, and he plans to end the never-ending story that is superhero comicbooks. His motivations remain a mystery, but it's clear he's planning to attack again with his oblivion machine and the gentry. He used Barry Allen sticking his dick in the timeline to attack the DC Multiverse, gaining a foothold. Then he freed Darkseid from his tomb so he would no longer be the source of all creation, giving him an in to become the Empty Hand at the start of the multiverse. In future solicitations it appears Superman is going to stand against him for the upcoming Multiplicity story arc, where he teams up with Justice Incarnate to save the Supermen of the multiverse.

I literally stole this entire thing from a buddy who posted it to reddit
>>
File: ss (2016-11-28 at 01.58.52).png (17KB, 1295x235px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-11-28 at 01.58.52).png
17KB, 1295x235px
Speaking of multiversal Supermen, here's the next most important thing: Dr Manhattan created the New52 Superman and Lois Lane. During the Convergence event, it's shown that post-crisis/pre-flashpoint Superman/Lois/Jon Kent are sent back in time with the pre-crisis Superman/Supergirl/Barry Allen and Zero-Hour Parallax to stop the Crisis on Infinite Worlds. So when Brainiac sent the Earth-1 Gotham back home, to when the flashpoint was occurring, there was no Superman/Lois. When Dr Manhattan attacked, he didn't create a new world. He simply de-aged the existing one. But he couldn't do the same to Superman/Lois, so he had to make his own to fill the hole left behind. After all, every world must have a Superman. That's why they were imperfect (they didn't fall in love, they were both kinda jerks, and they both died and turned into sand). Because an imperfect god made them. But why?
During Multiversity, every world attacked had some kind of Superman on it. Always right in the thick of things, usually the one being directly attacked. This is an old Grant Morrison thing, he loves the idea of every world having a Superman that always wins, hence why Dr Manhattan is targeting them specifically. And hence why he's trying his luck again by introducing yet another Clark Kent to Earth Prime, to stand in the way of Lois and Clark in Action Comics. But he learned his lesson this time, and instead of making him from scratch, he's done something different. This part I'm not too certain on but I'm fairly sure this Clark will end up being Superboy Prime. He's almost definitely evil, Clark can't use his enhanced vision on him for some reason, and most importantly? There's a Crisis coming.
>>
In the pages of Justice League we've seen weird energy beings comprised of will, speedforce, whatever the other two were, all talking about stopping some kind of Forever Crisis. This will likely be the conclusion to the Rebirth epic in two or so years, where the big fight happens and hope/legacy/love/etc are permanently restored to the DC multiverse. What happens between then and now is unsure, and what exactly it will entail I don't know. But not because there's no signs there... because the signs are so odd.

Let's go back to Multiversity. When we're first introduced to the Empty Hand, he's bragging about having just destroyed Multiverse-2. I always thought this was a cheeky reference, a little humblebrag, a joke at a certain someone's expense. But more and more, I don't think that's all it was. I don't think that was a line meant to be taken lightly. Because you see, Multiversity ended about a month before another massive comic event started. At the time it was running, the comics world was witnessing the end of another Multiverse at the hands of an army of evil. An army led by the Empty Hand. By Dr Manhattan.

The Beyonders, a subsection of the Gentry.

Dr Manhattan killed the old Marvel Multiverse.
>>
I know that sounds kind of insane, and this is the part of the theory where even though there's been a few signs, a little evidence, even I think it's absolutely nuts. But here's the thing... I'm also just about certain it's true. Look at what Secret Wars was. The destruction of the old multiverse, followed by a flashpoint event that created a new one. The exact same thing that let Dr Manhattan take control of the DC Multiverse. When he did this, he managed to chain eternity and start exerting his influence. He's the reason Steve turned heel, that Tony got his shit pushed in, that Thor lost his hammer, that Banner is dead. He's introduced grime and grit into the marvel multiverse that hadn't been there before. Like it said in Ultimates, this threat is leeching hope, leeching joy... the same thing Dr Manhattan is doing in DC. The same threat is working towards oblivion... just like how the Empty Hand is building his oblivion machine. And most importantly...

CAROL SAW A BIG BLUE HAND REACHING THROUGH THE COSMOS
I MEAN
COME ON.

... ahem. Sorry about that.

So anyway that's all I've got for now. This is less a fantheory and more a fan "I'm almost 100% sure this is actually happening" but there you go. I don't know how they would have kept this secret (though they kept the Watchmen in Rebirth secret) or why they would even want to do this, but I'm pretty sure it's happening. Thanks for reading if you did.
>>
File: Big Blue Hand.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
Big Blue Hand.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
Here's the hand Carol saw
>>
Mystery Clark isn't Prime.
>>
rebirth is johns attempting to write a morrison story

there's a good reason why morrison is the only one that does this
>>
Multiversity was written long before DC started planning Rebirth. Multiverse-1 was destroyed in COIE, Multiverse-2 was destroyed in Flashpoint. The Empty Hand is related to Ultra and whatever metafictional commentary Grant was pushing that he'll probably never follow up on.
Then Rebirth came along and retconned it.
Stop overthinking everything. It's not planned, there's no shout-outs to Marvel. Morrison did some stuff and Johns ignored it for that Watchmen money.
>>
>>87994398
I'm 60% sure that Hickman and Morrison at least talked to each other about Secret Wars and Multiversity in broad strokes at Morrisoncon, and I'm 95% sure Ewing is DELIBERATELY referencing Multiversity in his work, because that's the type of person he is.

However, I doubt Ewing has had any contact with anyone else about the Multiversity stuff, and I bet there is no connection between Doctor Manhattan and empty hand
>>
>>87995090
They didn't, by Morrison's admission. He did admit, however, that he talked with Johns about their ideas for the multiverse while the later was developing forever evil/darkseid war. Also what ewing is doing is the closest thing to Morrisonian cosmology that marvel has.

>>87995090
>>87993010

I wouldn't say Manhattan is the empty hand, but I wouldn't say that there's no connection either. He's probably an avatar of sorts. The hand of creation has been a reocurring motif in DC's mythology since the 60s, and it is implied in multiversity that the reason behind this is that the hand of the empty hand (hand of the reader) holds the dc multiverse. Manhattan has a role in Johns's story similar to the role of the Empty Hand in Morrison's story, so he's probably an emanation, or shadow, or unknowing pawn of the true thing
>>
>>87995090
>I'm 60% sure that Hickman and Morrison at least talked to each other about Secret Wars and Multiversity in broad strokes at Morrisoncon, and I'm 95% sure Ewing is DELIBERATELY referencing Multiversity in his work, because that's the type of person he is.

Based on what?
>>
>>87997549
He's just a fag posting his fanfiction as fact. He doesn't have anything to base it on other than ego.
>>
>>87992961
>>87993010
>>87993069
>>87993103
You're the guy who posted this on leddit and are reposting on /co/ for (you)s or you're osting someone else's theory. Either way this is sad.
>>
>actually trying to tie together Marvel and DC occurrences and events with Dr. Manhattan

I'd believe it as some ultra elaborate ruse leading to the grand return of DC/Marvel Crossovers, if DC and Marvel didnt actively hate each other's guts and Marvel wasn't full of social justice bloggers for writers and the kind of marketing philosophy that say any press is good press, even the shock and outrage kind.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.