[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shows you watch that you hide from people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (919KB, 755x798px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
919KB, 755x798px
Pic definitely related. I love the show, but I wouldn't be caught dead watching it.
>>
My girl knows I watch it, but I don't talk about it or advertise the fact I watch it.
>>
>>87977957
The pastel equus ferus caballus show
>>
>>87978008

My dream is to get a gf who is alright with my cartoon-watching.

Of course before that my dream is just to get a gf.
>>
>>87977957
Yeah, technically I'm more embarrassed of watching that than my doujin viewing habits since I've shown and read doujin with my gf.
>>
File: come on get in the boat.gif (821KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
come on get in the boat.gif
821KB, 500x358px
>>87977957

None because i'm not an insecure faggot.
>>
if we're talking from normies, any and all cartoons
it's a necessary illusion to keep up to function in the adult world

but if it's around fellow manchildren then i don't hide shit
>>
>>87977957
In high school, I openly mocked the weebs in the anime club while secretly being caught up into Avatar. It was a conflicting time.
>>
>Caring

I'm make fun of you more for hiding it from me.
>>
File: 1480155980388.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480155980388.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>87978685
>if we're talking from normies, any and all cartoons

What if I'm a profissional animator?
>>
>>87977957
All of them.
>>
>>87977957
Star vs. and Gay Space Rocks, since they are cartoons (which automatically means they are for children, right?) with predominantly female casts (which automatically means they are for girls, right?)
>>
>>87980865
What an incredible Pepe specimen
>>
>>87980865
Wow. That's really good. Is that yours?
>>
>>87977957
Literally every cartoon. I don't want anyone to know I watch shows for fucking babies, even if I enjoy them greatly
>>
>>87982273
>wow is that yours
>1480155980388.gif
cmon man

star is my phones screen saveri don't hide anything. No one cares, including my gf
>>
It's like you never openly watched Sailor Moon as a kid. There's no shame involved at all.
>>
>>87978602
I'm an insecure faggot, but I still openly watch smol pferds and other stuff.
>>
You see I used to hate that I liked My Little Pony
But not anymore
I'm proud to be a brony

But really, similarly to >>87978685 said I don't really hide anything so to speak and among other people who watch cartoons I'll openly talk about cartoons as well, but tons of people in life don't even know that I watch cartoons actively at all, and don't need to know, like I never talked about it with any of my coworkers who are all normies to the max, it would never come up and I'd never bring it up
>>
>>87982704
I would honestly be worried to be looked at as some kind of perv
>>
How old are you guys who hide what you watch? Serious question.

If you're older than, like, 20, you should be well past the point where you're genuinely ashamed just for watching reasonably well-known and popular TV shows.
>>
>>87983067
OP here. Am 20. Can I still use this excuse then?
>>
>>87983067
I'm actually old enough to be the parental figure in many of these shows.

Yet I still watch them.
>>
>>87977957
>>87978056
>>87978040
>>87979447
>>87981129
>>87982383
>>87983140

Is this a cultural thing? Where do you guys live?
I've never been ashamed to admit I watch cartoons. I've always thought it was perfectly normal for an adult. I may live in a bubble though.
I'm 28 and live in Finland, and unless I just happen to be in circles where this is a thing, I've always felt it is okay to admit watching cartoons openly here. I've never even met someone who would think its weird. I wonder if its more acceptable in my country or if I'm just lucky.

I watch all kinds of cartoons with my GF and she recently started watching SvsFoE with me. I get my recommendations from my friends.
>>
>>87983980
I only get anime recommendations from friends
>>
>>87983980
Maybe your culture isn't as macho as it is in the Americas(North, central and south america).
Things over here are different. If you're an adult male, and you watch a cartoon like, say, Miraculous Ladybug or Star Vs(Note, when I say watch, I mean by yourself and because you want to. Watching it with your kids is acceptable), people are gonna call you a faggot. Men will make fun of you for being unmanly, and women will think you're "creepy, ew! Ew!"
Of course, that's not to say that there aren't other fellow manchildren who also partake in the act of watching cartoons. But what I'm talking about here is normalfags, who also make up most of the population. That's why I hide it. Because 1. there's really no need to share this with anyone unless they also enjoy cartoons, and 2. most people will give you shit for it.
>>
>>87983980
you are just lucky pal
i mentioned kisscartoon once to a friend
he looked at me with pure disgust like i'm a pedo or something
>>
>>87984207

It's kind of a phase amongst manchildren.

First you grow out of cartoons and start watching anime because it's edgy as fuck and not for babies.

Then you grow up some more, realize that anime is shit, feel slightly less influenced by peer pressure and find out that some of these new cartoons are actually quite enjoyable.

I've mentioned Gumball to a couple of animefags and they literally had no idea what I was talking about.
>>
>>87984266
Either you're really conceited or living in a part of the US that calls out that kind of stuff.
The places I've lived in the US not only accept but enjoy cartoons. I stopped being ashamed of what I watch after highschool, when cliques ended and you could play pokemon out in the open because that's what everyone did.
"Power Levels" don't exist after school, and especially not in college, because at that point, no one gives a shit, and if they do, it's because they do it to and want to talk about it.
>>
>>87984266
This is bullshit dude, how many people have actually called you "faggot", "unmanly" or "creepy, ew" for watching frigging TV shows? I think this is more what you imagine people will think, rather than what people actually think. Unless you've been catastrophically unlucky and only hang around weirdly hostile people.
>>
>>87984336
My friends watch cartoons too, they just never recommend them, and are far more likely to start a converation about animes they watch as opposed to cartoons
>>
>>87984336
Ahh, but you're only in phase three of the never-ending cycle.

The fourth phase is when you finish with all the ongoing Western cartoons and turn back to anime in desperation. You find a bunch of unknown but brilliant shows you overlooked. But then, you end up being at a loss for things to watch again and re-affirm your previous belief that anime is shit.

You turn back to cartoons. There's three big new ones now. You watch them, wondering what you ever saw in anime.

Those cartoons come to an end. In desperation, you turn back to anime...
>>
There's nothing wrong with watching toons as an adult. Hell, my sister is 26 and she asked me if I wanted to watch the Recess movie with her
>>
File: ladydeathavatar.jpg (85KB, 581x900px) Image search: [Google]
ladydeathavatar.jpg
85KB, 581x900px
>>87977957
No cartoons, most people I know watch them. I'm a bit ashamed of my collection of half-naked slut comics, that is the only thing I hide my power level about.
>>
>>87984418
It's actually eerie how very spot-on that description actually is.

In my case the last cycle was; not exactly broken, but got a new phase added, old videogames (I blame GOG.com). So far, I still haven't gone back to anime, but I've come back to cartoons with Gravity Falls.

I've pretty much stopped watching anime altogether, I tried recently with Berserk, but we all know how well that worked out. I still read manga though. The funny thing, is that when I mention that I prefer reading to watching, the animefags I know look at me as if I'd grown a second head.

And it'd insulted their mother.
>>
>>87984605
I will watch anime if it is original or based on a light novel or something. If it is based on a manga I know it's the exact same thing except I can read the manga about five times as fast as I can watch the adaptation's shitty padding.
>>
>>87978008
>>87978056

me and my gf watch cartoons together
>>
>>87984605
Start drawing, it's a breath of fresh air and you never get bored of it or run out of it. If you don't falls into the insecurity trap you can even make a webcomic, it's a great experience
>>
File: 1452707717279.png (211KB, 381x373px) Image search: [Google]
1452707717279.png
211KB, 381x373px
>>87986561
Do you speak from experience?
>>
>>87986561
How much does it cost to buy computer drawing equipment?
>>
>>87986747
It's pretty common but yes
>>
>>87986781
About 60 dollars for a useable tablet, 250 for a good one, and there's freeware drawing programs. Don't be afraid of pen and paper though it's dirt cheap, and you can do it anywhere.
>>
>>87986781
You can get a low end used Wacom for really cheap, or a good mechanical pencil and a stack of paper for next to nothing. The entry wall for drawing is definitely not a money wall.

If you want to start I recommend downloading a bunch of anatomy books and see which one 'clicks'. You only need a life drawing / anatomy book and a perspective book to get pretty far. There are many popular titles and plenty of choice. Just remember to stick with what works to you and get rid of the rest, or it gets dispersive.
>>
>>87986811
Have you started a webcomic? Whats it called?
>>
I hide everything I enjoy from other people
>>
>>87984418
I just watch both. Which reminds me that I need to watch the newest jojo episode, and then catch up on the newest season of Gumball.
>>
>>87986884
>>87986937
I know people don't like when people wanna be spoonfed, but perhaps links to some stuff that's ok for someone who wants to spend as little as possible?

I just got birthday money and have been wanting to get back into drawing (haven't since I was like 15) but I'm interesting in doing it on my computer and know nothing about tech really
>>
>>87987142
For books, there's a list of downloads on /ic/ (just search on warosu), I recommend going there and downloading a bunch of material. Anatomy and perspective is all you need, and stick to one good source of information. 98% of getting good is about drawing all the time.

Wacom is universally well regarded as a tablet brand, I'd get a used Bamboo or Intuos.
>>
>>87987300
Tablets are for drawing?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.