[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Try and make a good and important non mutant femal charcter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 54adba8b35f8b.png (121KB, 650x515px) Image search: [Google]
54adba8b35f8b.png
121KB, 650x515px
>Try and make a good and important non mutant femal charcter for you universe.
>End up actually ruining a decent character and writing a terrible storyline to make her big that backfires and people hate it and don't care for the character

>Try and make Inhumans big so you can do X-men without pissing of the mouse and helping fox
>Write the worst storyline that acually makes the Inhumans go from bit part characters no one cares about to people actually hating them

>Try and create new characters that champion diversity and reflect the current generation
>No one who actually purchases comics reguarlarly reads them and can indentify with them because aside from their little quicks of being different races they are just a group of stereotypical teens at best

How can Marvel be so incompetent? The ideas are not the worst in the world it's just that they handle them so badly. Can you not write good stories to match your ideas?
>>
Marlel has no respect for their characters.
I can understand ruining the X-Men and F4 because they can't do movies. They're assholes. I hate it but I understand it.
I don't understand why do they ruin characters that they can make movies (and therefore money) from.
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk etc. etc. Explain it to me. I don't get it. Why do they swap them with freaks no one cares about when they see their movies turn in some sweet money?
>inb4 their comics weren't selling so well.
Well, the comics maybe weren't selling so much but the movies, so the interest for the characters is there, so write better comics for them, you useless fucks.
Now you got comics that aren't selling for characters that no one's interested in or worse yet, they hate them.
Bravo, Marlel.
>>
They can't actually write well enough to uplift a characters status so they have a drag others down.

'Captain Marvel is our top female so lets pretend like the past great female characters never did anything and were always oppressed'

'The Inhumans are great, here's them ripping off X-Men storylines, and here's multiple storylines about how they mutants are dying and inhumans are better'

'This new diverse legacy character is great, the past legacy character should be disgraced'
>>
>>87959374
Sometimes I think, it's because they're sore losers.
They won't to push characters we're not interested in, because muh diversity and muh no movie rights.
We don't buy them, it pisses them off and they start crapping on the things that we would to buy.
It's like they're saying "Oh so you don't like our Inhumans?!? Here's big a fat turd on the X-Men! Ha! How do you like them now?"
>>
>>87958686
>Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk etc. etc. Explain it to me. I don't get it. Why do they swap them with freaks no one cares about when they see their movies turn in some sweet money?

Because ticket sales don't equate to book sales. If every person who bought a 12 dollar ticket to Dr. Strange bought a 4 dollar issue of Dr. Strange (Not even every month, just one issue), the sales would be through the roof by comic standards.

So keeping in mind the "single issue sales spike" strategy, they keep rebooting ongoings, making new legacies, and setting up meandering mysteries to try and grab everyone's attention for a single issue, and maybe get lucky.

The problem is that they've done it with every single goddamn book in the past five years, so it's not a surprising twist anymore. Like, the very goddamn second Doom shows up in Bendis' Iron Man, I can tell they're setting him up to be Iron Man. Even if it took a year, it's just too textbook at this point.
>>
>>87959834
The equation I'm making is that since people go in droves to see movies with these characters then the interest in them, is still there. They just need to write good enough comics.
That is, if low sales for say Thor, was Marlel's excuse for chopping his dick off and slapping bitch tits on him.
Yet, Thor has 2 + 1 movies to his name and that's not counting the Avengers. It's a character that is selling, he's still alive in the public's interest but Marvel has crapped all over him.

And by the way, I'd like to point out that now, after 12 issues of Whore, the sales of her book are already lower than Thor God of Thunder's last issue.
So that excuse that Whore outsells Thor and that's why they're keeping her, should be dropped.
>>
>>87958227
There's a reason Marvel keeps going bankrupt, anon.
>>
>>87960071
>The equation I'm making is that since people go in droves to see movies with these characters then the interest in them, is still there. They just need to write good enough comics.
>That is, if low sales for say Thor, was Marlel's excuse for chopping his dick off and slapping bitch tits on him.
And I'm saying the interest in the characters doesn't mean there's an interest in the books, well written or not. Forget about Dr. Strange, magnitudes more people watch Agents of SHIELD than read Thor, either Whor or Odinson. That doesn't mean an Eisner winning Phil Coulson book is going to land millions of readers. It means people would rather watch tv or movies than read comics.
>>
Complaining about increasing diversity is baseless racist garbage.

Carol and Inhumans are debatable all day long
>>
>>87961479
There's nothing wrong with increasing diversity but you still have to have compelling characters and strong storylines, simply having different races and faces shouldn't be enough. In fact it's the bear minimum.
>>
>>87958227
To be fair, the Inhumans are definitely consciously written to be the heels in Death of X/IvX.
Also most of the teens are good when not written by Bendis or Waid. Hell, even Riri, who I was prepared to despise, is surprisingly likeable.
>>
>>87961884
Wow, this place really is /co/mblr.
>>
Ever feel like Marvel has surrounded themselves with yes men (or more accurately idiot fangirls)?
>>
>>87959697
It really feels that way. Everything seems to be "Our way or the highway". Look how much they are pushing Moon Girl though nobody buys her book. Hey, want to read about Black Cat? Too bad! Villain now! Go read our non-sexy girl leads!
>>
>>Black Iron Man comes out.
>>"Oh lord! We now have a hero our black children can look up to!"
>>Kid goes to buy comics
>>$3.99 - $4.99
>>"OH HEEEEELLLL NO!! We aren't spending that much on this!"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.