[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harley Quinn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1117.jpg (118KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1117.jpg
118KB, 640x800px
You know, I like the humor from the Harley Quinn comics, but what the fuck did I read? Fucking living as an apartment land lord who was also living with a bunch of fucking weirdos who work in a freak show, fucking that lil bastard named Tony is pretty useless, and the only good parts were just Harley and Ivy having lesbian parts. That old jewish fuck in a wheelchair and that russian robot cunt need to also be cut out.
Whoever fucking wrote this shit needs to die. Has anyone else read this shit?
>>
>>87948451
Gotham City Siren Rebirth WHEN!
>>
>>87948518
Good fucking question
>>
File: Deadpool_Vol_1_11.jpg (93KB, 500x786px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool_Vol_1_11.jpg
93KB, 500x786px
>>87948451
To be fair, the Deadpool cast was pretty shitty other than Blind Al in his first real ongoing.

But the major difference is that they were straightmen to Wade, and the plot was actually building up to something. In this the book can't decide if the side cast is goofy, or if they're snarking straightmen. They're awkwardly straddling both, making Harley look more bizarre but doing nothing for the narrative or humor. Its also clearly "adventure of the week", working towards nothing that can have a payoff.

To top it off, despite all three of her books having a similar dynamic and humor, all three have basically no connection. While I like that fact, since I hate books that tie into others and force you to buy more than one ongoing for the full story, the fact that they don't even add to each other thanks to Harley being aware of being a comic character and thus having in-universe negative continuity means the books can't characterize her or add depth of any kind to each other. They can't even be a brick joke to each other for those who are reading more than one.

But worst of all; despite being written like pic related, which relied heavy on parody of what was going on in other comics at the time and openly mocked events, Harley's books are afraid to make fun of other DC things unless they're long in the past or are just a generic comment on the characters themselves. When something does get made fun of, its in a very light-handed way to the point that Robot Chicken is a better source of DC on DC mockery.

Translation: They're playing it safe. Writing one issue at a time with little plan, and not being bold enough to take the piss out of themselves.
>>
>>87948518
Harley and Ivy just broke up, so that's definitely not gonna happen
>>
>>87948518
THIS
>>
>>87948451
If you changed "Harley Quinn" to "Deadpool" you'd have Dan Way's Waypool. Current Harley Quinn is pure cancer, she needs to go back to being Joker's punching bag
>>
>>87952473
Current Harley isn't pure cancer, she's pretty close to Kelly as I said in >>87951270 but the problem is her jokes fall flat and the book has no direction while her cast is really unnecessary in their current form.
>>
>>87952473
Good I'm not the only one who sees this
>>
>>87948451
>and the only good parts were just Harley and Ivy having lesbian parts
You're ruining comics. Leave.

I am so sick of lesbianshit. Especially in Batman's rogue gallery.
>>
>>87952473
Even Deadpool solo has more plot than in Harley book.
>>
>>87948451
>Whoever fucking wrote this shit needs to die. Has anyone else read this shit?
Unfortunately I read it hoping it'll get better but it's pretty much impossible with Conner and Palmiotti at the helm. They're hacks who think they're cool and progressive because Harley is polyamorous and uses sexual innuendo.
>>
>harley and ivy broke up

PRAISE KEK
>>
>>87956053
I don't know why you fags are happy about it when you know they will comeback, Harley & Ivy are inseparable at this point
>>
>>87956144
Yeah, and then they'll break up again, fucko.
>>
>>87956390
I don't about that. I mean, Harley & Ivy have a history of being on-and-off so I don't see how that's a bad thing, then again /co/ have been pretty butthurt about /u/ pairing for a while now, even if they make sense and or have history
>>
>>87956466
Poison Ivy barely counts as a girl nowadays
>>
>>87956486
The deal with Poison Ivy is that she's more human than she realize, she could say that she's more plant that human and that human emotions don't affect her and all that but in the end she's always doing what her emotions says and what her human needs ask
>>
>>87956548
Plants have feelings too
>>
>>87956585
Red please, plants don't have feelings
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.