[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about this guy? Just finished his series,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

Can we have a thread about this guy? Just finished his series, I feel like I lost a dear friend. What was your favorite arc? Favorite moments? Did you prefer him with Tiegel or the other ex FBI chick?
>>
File: Punisher21_10.jpg (129KB, 521x800px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher21_10.jpg
129KB, 521x800px
Kathryn shows up again in Punisher MAX.
>>
>>87935704
>Kathryn
So there's a character who has a DC and a Marvel counterpart? Interesting
>>
File: Hitman 02.jpg (398KB, 990x1515px) Image search: [Google]
Hitman 02.jpg
398KB, 990x1515px
>What was your favorite arc? Favorite moments?
See, the problem with these questions is that I start thinking about one and then I immediately remember another one and before I know it I'm talking about the entire fucking series.
I do love For Tomorrow, though. John Woo homages are few and very far in between in comics, and this is by far the best. Noonan's arc was phenomenal as well. Anything war-related, as par for the course with Ennis. It's just all good really.
>>
File: evrtim.png (376KB, 420x488px) Image search: [Google]
evrtim.png
376KB, 420x488px
>mfw reading Sean's flashback to when he was on a British ship and it still attacked German ships despite it being 80% submerged
Kinda taught me the definition of being a man, that moment.
>>
File: War Story - Nightingale 01.jpg (96KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
War Story - Nightingale 01.jpg
96KB, 600x922px
>>87935912
That's a story that Ennis eventually came back to in War Story: Nightingale, drawn by David Lloyd.
So if you ever feel like reading an extended version of that (and one of Ennis' favorite things he has ever written), hunt it down.
>>
>>87935875
Good taste Bro, you remember when John met the Death for the last time?
is it time?
>>
>>87935939
Wow thanks! I do love War stories
>>
>>87935940
>"So you live for tomorrow, hoping there'll be something better. Something more than death. But there never is."
That is SUCH a fucking Hong Kong line, I love it.

>>87935970
He did eight issues of that for Vertigo with eight different artists, and it's a fucking murderer's row. Gibbons, Lloyd, John Higgins, Chris Weston, Ezquerra, it's a fucking who's who of british comic book artists. Massively recommended.
>>
>>87935580
One of the best comics ever.
>>
>>87935785
Not just that but it implies that they're the same person; she even namedrops Tommy (though she never mentions his last name).

Although considering Marvel MAX is supposed to take place in a universe where there's no superheroes or supervillains, they probably are different, unless you want to imagine that the Hitman stuff and the Punisher stuff take place in the same universe but ignore all the other stuff like Civil War or something.
>>
I absolutely loved this series and had tears in my eyes at the end. Just read Invincible 131 and Jupiter's Legacy 5 and they both had the same effect. Perhaps I'm just a big girl's blouse but if so I'm not sorry for having genuine emotional responses to comics.
>>
File: IMG_0180.png (126KB, 209x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.png
126KB, 209x269px
>that issue where Tommy and Tiegel finally fugged
That was a fun issue
>>
File: Hitman - Taking Advantage.jpg (289KB, 955x1510px) Image search: [Google]
Hitman - Taking Advantage.jpg
289KB, 955x1510px
>>87937430
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.