[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were we supposed to be sympathetic to this homewrecking whore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 12

File: 501030780_1280x720.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
501030780_1280x720.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
Were we supposed to be sympathetic to this homewrecking whore?
>>
What she did was awful, and she influenced Korra to do the same which was doubly awful. But I'm neutral to her because she isn't shoved in our faces too much. Also if Tenzin was that easily swayed then he wasn't worth Lin's time anyway.
>>
>>87934186
Chief Beifong stop posting on 4chan
>>
>>87934186
We were supposed to be sympathetic to the bitter loner that didn't want to further the airbender legacy, tried to have Pema arrested and destroyed her boyfriend's home after she got dumped?
>>
>>87934456
I'd be bitter too if my boyfriend's "new friend" is obviously trying to steal him from me and uses her ovaries to bribe him into marrying her, all while acting so innocent even though she's been smug about it all these years and even brags to the fucking avatar about it.

Pema sucks, sorry.
>>
>>87934539
If Lin didn't want any fertile young sluts stealing Tenzin away then she shouldn't have let the relationship fall apart and should have given Tenzin a couple of airbending kids.

Tenzin HAD to have airbenders, he wanted a family and all Lin cared about was her career. He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>87934186
She was willing to have as many airbenders as Tenzin wanted. Can't say the same of Katara. Only 3 kids? Come on.
>>
>>87934686
Wans't Lin interfile though?
>>
>>87934686
>He did nothing wrong
In regards to having heirs, sure. In regards to how he handled his relationships, he did everything wrong. This is about Pema being a smug homewrecker, not about Tenzin wanting air babies.
>>
>>87934753
Are you privy to some details we don't know about or are you just talking about your headcanon?
>>
>>87934186
Reminder that she's 16 years younger then Tenzin.
>>
File: tenzin early concepts.jpg (105KB, 682x744px) Image search: [Google]
tenzin early concepts.jpg
105KB, 682x744px
>>87934186
A Pema is actually what Aang should have gotten.

It would have meant a large family filled with airbender kids, no one gets special treatment so no butthurt ignored kids, not having to balance out having a multi-cultural family with having to revive air nomad culture.

But "muh forever girl"
>>
>>87934769
So the book 1 scene when Pema encourages Korra to go after unavailable guys because it worked for her never happened. Good to know.
>>
>>87934186
Wait, when did she cheat on Tenzin?
>>
>>87934790
nice
>>
File: 1286518291614.png (411KB, 627x480px) Image search: [Google]
1286518291614.png
411KB, 627x480px
>>87934795
>Jinora as Ty Lee
>>
>>87934815
>"Anyway, Pema didn't steal me, Lin and I had been growing apart for some time. We both had different goals in life"
>>
>>87934844
You realize that's the go to excuse two timing guys use to justify it right? I didn't say he was "stolen" anyway. I said she went after a guy who was still in a relationship with someone else (and he did not deny being still with Lin when he got with Pema). Stuff like this doesn't belong in children's cartons, and certainly not as something to be encouraged and repeated by the title character later. It leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Relationships started by cheating are rarely likable and Tenzin/Pema are no exception. I like their kids though.
>>
>>87934929
So headcanon then?

>Stuff like this doesn't belong in children's cartons
Going with the "think of the children," eh? Confirmed shitposter then.
>>
>>87934836
>>87934795
I reckon Ty Lee would have been willing to be Aang's Pema. Just tell her some story about how sad he feels about being the last of his kind and she'd be all for trying to make him feel better.
>>
>>87934929
im sorry you never experienced the real life m8. love isnt supposed to leave a good taste in the outsiders mouth, and its ecspecially isnt supposed to force two people with different goals in life to stay together despite their directions.
>>
>>87934795
That's one smug Jinora
>>
>>87934753
Your implying there was a home to wreck, it was just Tenzin and Lin, no kids, that's not a home it's a relationship, and relationships fall apart all the time.
>>
>>87934992
I don't care that they broke up it's the way they broke up that is shitty. I know how cheating affects relationships, it doesn't end up happily ever after like book 1 was trying to make you believe. Seems like you're the one who hasn't experienced real life.

>>87935128
Yes, no shit. That doesn't mean I have to like the way it happened though. Or that I have to like Pema as a person. I don't even care about Tenzin/Lin as a ship, bit I feel way more empathy for Lin than I do for Pema.
>>
If human could be taught to bend one time before, why can't they relearn how to airbend? I never got bending is genetic, when it was not a innate human skill originally.
>>
>>87935223
People were bending and not bending with no rhyme and reason. Seemed to also have bending dynasties, with a few outliars and segregated by nations, each with distinct genotype. Bryce might claim anything, it was clearly written as hereditary with rare exceptions.
>>
>>87935223
That's probably my biggest problem with the Korra series. In Aang's chapters, it was just something that families did or did not have with no real reason. Maybe some families didn't practice it, some did, whatever.
But then Korra comes along and introduces midichlorians and saying it's all genetic. Not everyone can be a jedi anymore just for the sake of having racist undertones.
>>
>>87935223
It would certainly take longer to teach nonbenders to airbend than to just pop out a whole generation of airbenders in the span of 20 years.
>>
>>87934929
It was a relationship that was falling apart. Tenzin should have broken up with her sooner but probably didn't due to her being a childhood friend, his first girlfriend and the daughter of one Aang's closest friends.

The point is that Tenzin fell in love with someone who shared his same goals, broke up with Lin and then lived a happy life with Pema.

Lin could have moved on, found someone else and be happy too but she chose to be bitter for the rest of her life.
>>
>>87935327
the thing is it's not really clear if it is genetic, I don't think either of Toph's parents were earthbenders, it could be that it can skip a generation or two but if that's the case then there's so much intermarriage for so long that anyone could theoretically have children who turns out to be a bender.
>>
>>87935327
It was always meant to be genetic otherwise there would be trans-benders in other nations and there would have been airbenders born after they got wiped out.
>>
>>87934929

>it's an excuse

Keep telling yourself, you waifuing crybaby fucktard reject.

Bet your mother wishes she had washed out of her cunt.
>>
>>87935335
And it Tenzin and his family are killed, then it is all over. Rules of nature. Air gets to live on, because of the kindness of the other element benders, when they should strike while the iron is hot.
>>
>>87935372
It's pretty clearly genetic in Korra, but wasn't very clear in the original. Hell, many characters have eye colors based on what they can bend.

>>87935376
The thing about airbending was also that all airbending teachings were gone, and so were the sky bison. Nobody would be able to replicate it, so it wasn't just genetic.
>>
>>87935421
>It's pretty clearly genetic in Korra
when in Korra to they make it clearly genetic?

also regarding eye colours I'm pretty sure pale green for earth kingdom, yellow for fire nation, blue for water tribe, and grey for air nomads was already a thing in ATLA
>>
>>87935463
>when in Korra to they make it clearly genetic?
When people are bending from birth without training like Mako and Bolin.
>also regarding eye colours I'm pretty sure pale green for earth kingdom, yellow for fire nation, blue for water tribe, and grey for air nomads was already a thing in ATLA
Man, it sure would suck then if characters had the exact same eye colors as their nation despite being mixed race and just happened to have them based on what they could bend. Everyone who can firebend has yellow eyes, everyone who can earthbend has green eyes, kids of the avatar are fortunate enough to be sorted by the Sorting Sperm to have blue if they can waterbend, etc.
>>
>>87935359
Not everyone can easily move on after being dumped for someone else. No Lin wasn't perfect, but insisting Tenzin "did nothing wrong" is retard logic.

Her being heartbroken forever about it was her choice, but you can't exactly blame her. She had loved Tenzin for a very long time and he was one of the few men she ever opened up to. It's not that easy to just move on after that for some people.

Legend of Korra never needed to be polluted with this kind of drama in the first place. It ads nothing to the plot and only taints characters and relationships for muh NTR drama. Makorra was another NTR ship- which Pema helped create.
>>
>>87935421
>but wasn't very clear in the original.
It was always something you were born with. Otherwise the Fire Nation wouldn't target specific individuals to kidnap in the SWT and Earth Kingdom, Sokka wouldn't regret not having magic powers in Sokka's Master and Piandao's backstory wouldn't be about getting disowned by his parents for being a non-bender.

>"Haru has a gift! Asking him not to earthbend is like asking me not to waterbend. It's a part of who we are."
>>
>>87935577
Once again, it's just like The Force. It flows through everyone, but some are stronger with it.
Then the sequel series makes it genetic.
>>
>>87935402
My favorite characters are Korra, Asami, Bolin, and Kuvira. That doesn't mean I can't feel sorry for Lin. Sorry not everyone has NTR fetish.
>>
Should I watch LoK?
I never saw it
>>
>>87934686
whats the point of having air heirs when the avatar can magically make air benders?
>>
>>87935538
>>87935577
I thought the spirits taught humans how to bend? I don't recall humans and spirits having kids, so if humans can learn bending from them, like how the humans learn to air-bend from the sky-bison. Humans who are brave and seek power should do like their ancestors and seek out outsider to learn new skills.

How do you think humans learn magic in may settings? They seek the power.
>>
>>87935630
Yes but avoid fandom discourse because it is cancer.
>>
File: muhkora.jpg (209KB, 1439x672px)
muhkora.jpg
209KB, 1439x672px
>>
>>87935669
No, the animals taught humans how to bend, with the exception of water bending coming from the moon. Spirits didn't do shit.
But since the Fire Lords made it a point to kill all sky bison so airbending couldn't be relearned, there are no more air benders. But then we get to Korra, where despite there being sky bison, people can't relearn it like before because now it's strictly something you're born with, unless a god explodes in which case many non-benders will have a recessive gene activate.
>>
>>87934186
Lin was a fucking sour piece of shit.

Get over it.
>>
>>87935773
Pema created Makorra so she is automatically shit
>>
>>87935624

It's not NTR you idiot, it's just fucking life. Get over yourself.
>>
>>87935829
And Makorra made Korra a lesbian. It's fine.
>>
>>87935896
Bryke pls
>>
>>87935861
NTR is based on what happens in real life. Lin having to see Tenzin and Pema happy with children and Pema always being pregnant despite still being madly in love with him is pretty textbook NTR.

And just because something happens in "life" doesn't mean you can't criticize it. The writers opened that can of worms in the first place.
>>
>You know what the sequel to our successful action-adventure series needs?
>Tons and tons of soap opera.
>>
>>87935962

The Lin and Tenzin thing is hardly worth getting upset over. The only problematic relationship is the Korra and Mako shit, and that's only because of how out of left field and forced it was.
>>
Love is a ruthless game. The one who cries is the loser.
>>
>>87936120
Makorra came out of left field because Pema gave Korra reckless advice though. Korra didn't intend to act on her attraction before Pema planted the idea in her head, and Korra was still an impressionable teenager.
>>
>>87936231
Love is not a game.
>>
>>87936309

Oh she would have even without Pema because the writers were making it painfully obvious that a sensible and fun pairing like Korra and Bolin wasn't ever going to happen. It's like the Thundercats 2k11 pilot; first episode/pilot is great, then the show just proceeds to shit itself fiercely afterwards.
>>
lin would not give tenzin a home or family to wreck
what she did was literally the opposite of homewrecking
>>
Lets be honest, this is all Katara's fault for only having one kid with Aang.
>>
Why did the writers of this show like to shit on Lin so much?
>>
>>87934186

The guy she likes is dating a girl that doesn't want kids. Guy she likes is always arguing with his girlfriend about how he needs to have kids, and wants to have a good and loving family. They are never going to work out. So she kisses the guy she likes and tells him that she feels the same way he does about having a family.

So he makes the decision to be with a girl he kinda likes over his current girlfriend because they have the same end goal.

Newsflash, this is what happens in real life. Lin over reacted, attempted to abuse her power, and is just petty as fuck.
>>
>>87936541
she had three...
>>
>>87936607
But then that same woman gives a socially incompetent teenager advice to make the guy she likes cheat on his gf because she feels that she deserves him more.
>>
>>87936607

BUT MUH NTR! I REQUIRE FANTASY RELATIONSHIPS!
>>
>>87936661
Yeah, and one of them was Aangs.
>>
>>87936676

She said that Korra shouldn't hide her feellings, not destroy another relationship.

Christ, you people are almost as bad as Scrapper; taking shit way out of context, making one woman's actions look worse than they really are.
>>
>>87936705

All three of them were Aang's.
>>
>>87936541
>muh forever girl
It's Aang's fault for choosing monogamy when he needed to spread his as far and as wide as possible, for the sake of the air nomads
>>
>>87936764
>He hasn't realized how inbred the Southern Watertribe was.
Anon, you know damn well Sokka is Kya and Bumi's dad.
>>
File: loveisabattlefield.jpg (175KB, 617x891px) Image search: [Google]
loveisabattlefield.jpg
175KB, 617x891px
>>87936676
LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD, MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>87936747

I'm not Scrapper but he only backs up his statements with facts.
>>
File: reaction116.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
reaction116.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>87935657
>air heirs
>>
>>87936804

Nice headcanon, kiddo.

>>87936825

No, he doesn't. He makes shit up and exaggerates things.
>>
>>87936874
>No, he doesn't. He makes shit up and exaggerates things.

Like what?
>>
>>87936693
For a children's fantasy show yes that is a lot more appropriate.
>>
>>87936914

Azula redeeming herself and secretly wanting friendship all along.
>>
>>87936747
>Pema: Watching my soulmate spend his life with the wrong woman became too painful.

Then again Korra just kissed Mako and not actively tried to sabotage Asami's relationship. Or are you saying that Korra is such a great kisser and boner inducing that Mako had no choice but to abandon Asami off-screen?
>>
>>87936607
All of this wouldn't be such a big deal if Pema hadn't encouraged Korra to do the same thing.

What it is, is messy. And very negative. And not necessary for the plot whatsoever. Which the writers realized later after they grew extra brain cells

It's trashy soap opera tier bullshit. You people are acting like this is deep thoughtful writing, it's not. It's trash and it it ruins Pema as a character. And you have to remember that at the time they intended Makorra to be endgame which means they were seriously driving this plot device home and sending a message to their viewers like >>87935725 that being selfish and going after a guy in a relationship is okay. It's not. Just because something is "realistic" doesn't mean it's okay.
>>
>>87937055
well, korra IS super hot, its the entirety of her character so.....yes?
>>
>>87937007

Except she does want friends which is why she is so heartbroken when Mai and Ty Lee backstabs her.
>>
>>87937055
He didn't even abandon her off-screen lol he was still technically not broken up with Asami when he kissed Korra and declared his love for her. Romance wise Korra and Mako were savage to both Bolin and Asami in book 1.
>>
>>87937055

Considering that Lin wouldn't have provided as many kids as Tenzin hoped for, she wasn't wrong.

>>87937210

Keep telling yourself that, Scrapper.
>>
>>87936804
Stop talking bullshit anon.

Only Kya is Sokka's
>>
>>87937236
This isn't about the kids. It's about the actions of the adults involved. None of them acted right not Pema was the only one gloating about it while Lin and Tenzin still seem relatively guilty and sad about what went down.

Hence why I don't like her. Her only function as a character is to birth air babies, which isn't bad in itself, but they had to add negative layers to the situation that didn't need to be there, and they never made a real effort to redeem her or have her retract what she said to Korra. So she is a flat and unlikable character. She's barely even a character.
>>
>>87937390

She doesn't need to redeem or atone for anything because she didn't do anything that terrible.
>>
>>87937390
If it makes you feel better doesn't she lose her exalted status as airbender brood mare when random shit airbenders start popping up.
>>
>>87937505
I mean as a character, her personality wasn't redeemed. Most people do not like Pema and that's because this one thing is the defining moment for her as a character.
>>
>>87937562
Idc about her bring the airbender incubator. Someone had to be, and I don't see Lin as a mother.
>>
>>87937624
And to clarify, before you get butthurt, when I say most people don't like Pema I mean they aren't invested in her, and her "wrong woman" talk was off-putting, not that everyone passionately despises her. She lacks depth.
>>
All Pema did was give Korra solid advice, it's not fault her Korra is a retard.
>>
>>87934186
Dat fertile multi-milf.
Would re-milf.
>>
>>87937901
Nah, it was dumb advice. It only worked in Pema's case because she was offering to have as many kids a he wanted. Their marriage is essentially a compromise because Tenzin chose his duty to restore his race over his love for Lin. If Lin relented and had kids with him he'd still be with her. Not that he doesn't care about Pema too, but kids were the only thing keeping him and Lin apart.
>>
>>87937959
No the advice was good. If you're into someone be open about those feelings because you never know. But she never said try to steal their man and call their relationship shit.
Pema was lucky because Tenzin's relationship was shit but Korra was just a massive cunt.
>>
>>87937742
>before you get butthurt,

wasn't even getting like that at all.
>>
>>87938252
It was for any potential anon, not specifically (You). I've already been told my mother wishes she'd aborted me ITT just because I don't like Pema so nothing really surprises me.
>>
>>87934819
She didn't. She 'stole' Tenzin from Lin.
>>
All's fair in love and war. The heart is a fickle thing and one should never be expected to love one person forever, least of all in the youth of life.
>>
>>87938712
Yeah whatever edgelord, when you approach relationships like that then of course you only will attract fickle and unstable relationships.
>>
>>87937959
You can't say that for certain. The kids issue was just a ground for future problems. Think of it, Tenzin is literally the last airbender alive, and he dreams of having a big family full of more airbender kids, but Lin didn't want kids. She was basically saying "I don't care if you want to bring more airbenders into the world and grow a family" I won't call her selfish, but it showed a clear lack of cooperation and understanding, which is a deal breaker for any relationship. Not to mention it was a childhood romance, they grew up together, their families were closely tied, and they eventually got into a romance because of that, it's very rare that such relationships stick for life, because feelings change, especially as people grow older. Perma is not a bad person for pursuing someone she loved and being prepared to give him what he truly dreamed about, Tenzin isn't a bad person for breaking up with Lin because he wanted a family, and Lin isn't a bad person for refusing to have kids with Tenzin. Love and relationships are not black and white, desires, and pursuits of the heart are extremely complicated and it's never cut and dry.
>>
>>87938874
>Edgelord for understanding a basic trait of all humans
Yowza
>>
>>87934186
I love whores, they're fun, and she seemed kinky enough. She could've wrecked more homes, imho.
I'll allow it.
>>
>>87934186
There was no home to wreck, just a couple, and considering how often people jump from relationship to relationship, it's fair game in my book.
It's not like she forced Tenzin's hand, it takes two to tango.

Only people triggered by this are people insecure with their own relationship.
>>
>>87934929
I don't think you realize how many relationships start just like that.
>>
>>87934186
She's still better than Suyin at least.
>>
>>87937127
>a character is ruined because they commit actions I disapprove of
Wew lad.
>>
>>87934186
>>>//r9k
>>
Would it be accurate to say Lin Beifong is a big old cuck?
>>
>>87935376
Nah. Way back when it was based upon spirituality, They had a pair of Earth Kingdom twins where only one could bend as an example.

It's been a long time so I don't recall the source clearly but Sokka was technically a waterbender but doesn't have the mindset/spirituality to unlock it despite his desire to fuck the moon.
The airbenders had an 100% airbending rate since their culture as a whole shaped them into the proper mindset.
>>
>>87940049
If that were the case there a firebender could be born in the Earth Kingdom to Water tribe parents.
>>
>>87940108
They probably call that the avatar?
I'm not the one that made the rules. That's just how Mike and Brian had them while inserting those twins into the show specifically as an example.
>>
>>87939541
What's so bad about Suyin. Just a bit curious because I didn't think much about her when I was watching Korra.
>>
>>87940395
People were pretty annoyed how she just seemed to get away scottfree from all her bullshit while their Waifu Lin got to be an unloved spinster
>>
>>87940049
The only thing that matters is plotbending:

>Water is the element of change. The people of the Water Tribe are capable of adapting to many things. They have a deep sense of community and love that holds them together through anything.

Post-development Sokka holds these characteristics far more than Katara does who is incredibly stubborn sometimes.
>>
>>87939628
She's ruined because there's nothing more to her than this and never really grows as a character.
>>
>>87938951
>All humans
Everyone doesn't interpret our act out love the same way.

>>87939539
What is your point in saying this? I realize many relationships start this way, that doesn't mean I have to like it. Especially not in a children's cartoon where the behavior is unironically encouraged for half a season.
>>
>>87934186
No? I wasn't under the impression that we were supposed to give much of a damn about Pema. She was cute, tho.
>>
>>87934456
It's a common theory that Lin was infertile (due to the incident with Suyin or otherwise), which was why they Tenzin and her drifted apart. This would be why she almost rejects herself as a woman because she doesn't want to be compared to Pema who gave Tenzin what he needed, the air bender line
>>
Thing about when you start a relationship on the terms Pema and Tenzin did is there will never be full trust between the two. As an Other Women you resign yourself to a relationship where you already know the man is capable of having his heart swayed. You can pretend to feel as secure and confident in his faithfulness all you like but in the back of your mind you can never truly trust him. Having children doesn't guarantee a faithful husband either.
>>
>>87940672
>Lin was infertile (due to the incident with Suyin
I'm pretty sure that getting your face cut doesn't destroy your reproductive system.
>>
>>87940619
She has a "defense squad".
>>
>>87940592
I was responding to your point that those relationships never end well compared to others, that's pure conjecture on your part, people just don't talk about that shit when taking their wedding vows.
Nobody cares that you don't like it, you have no point.
>>
>>87935223
To respond to this, the first people couldn't bend. The Lion turtles shared with them the ability, and then they learned to control the ability from the sky bison.

It's like The library giving you a book, but a tutor explaining the books contents.
>>
>>87940543
So there is nothing to ruin.
>>
>>87940821
I didn't say relationships started that way never end well though. I said they are generally unlikable to watch play out on screen. And in this particular series was not even necessary for Lin, Tenzin, or Pema as characters. It's just more pointless love triangle drama on top of the team avatar love triangle drama.

>>87940846
Nothing more =/= nothing.
>>
>>87935538
>When people are bending from birth without training like Mako and Bolin
Tell that to the new airbenders. Also, you can have Aids from birth without having some sort of gene. Bending is also stated to be a spiritual thing and dependable of your nation; that's why 100% of air nomads were airbenders despite having low population.
>>
>>87935421
>many characters have eye colors based on what they can bend
Ming hua had dark eyes, and Korra doesn't have 4 different eye colors. It's clear there is no genetic link.
>>
>>87940965
It was definitely necessary for Lin, she's a completely different character if it doesn't happen.
You should try to distance yourself a bit from fiction and not judge based on whether it makes you feel good or not.
>>
>>87935538
>When people are bending from birth without training like Mako and Bolin.

How are they any different from Katara? Did you see them bending as babies?
>>
This thread is so depressing holy shit
>>
So I'm with everyone, the show is trash. But I have to disagree here and with all the Suyin hate, basically anytime people take Lin's side I just dont get it.
>>
>>87934329
>Also if Tenzin was that easily swayed then he wasn't worth Lin's time anyway

Plus them being siblings

> Implying you didn't know Toph banged Aang and gave birth to Lin, then Sokka to produce Su Yin
>>
>>87941534
I'm pretty sure the scar on her face and her family issues contributed more to her current personality than her break up. She would have chosen career over children regardless as well.

Don't play the role of therapist fir me just because I get salty over fictional characters.
>>
>>87935598
>>87935669
>>87935738
>>87941170
>>87940049

It was like that in ATLA. LoK did a lot wrong, but don't try to pin things on it that were in the original.

It's not the ability to bend that's genetic. That's more about spirituality. It's "what bending do you get" that's genetic.

Other than the Avatar, people only have the type of bending that their ancestors. Mixed race kids could get either bending, but they're never going to get the bending of a nation they're not related to somehow.

And if you could literally learn how to bend from nature, how the fuck are there even non-benders if you can look up at the sky at night and learn how to waterbend?
>>
>>87941902
*for
>>
>>87938042
>But she never said try to steal their man and call their relationship shit.
See the exact words spoken by Pema
>>87937055
>Watching my soulmate spend his life with the wrong woman became too painful.

Korra didn't steal Mako anyway. He walked away from Asami without telling Asami. He didn't have to act on his "love." And Mako/Asami was boring and ridiculous anyway.
>>
>>87941902
But Lin is all about frustration, the NTR makes the picture complete.
Telling you that your feelings don't matter is not playing therapist.
>>
>>87941925

Thing is, they pretty much made bending genetic in Korra what with the fucking lion-turtles giving everyone whatever power and those people making the four nations.
>>
>>87942508
Not really.

Reincanation is also a possibility, and fits the setting.
>>
>>87939962
Yes, a femcuck just like OP
>>
>>87942273
All we know Pema did was confess her feelings.
>>
>>87942606
Females are just plain cucks as well.
>>
>>87942568

No, it literally became a racial trait. Besides, the only reincarnation is the Avatar, and that shit suddenly became Kung Fu elemental Jesus, with the final villain turning into Kung Fun elemental Anti-Christ because.
>>
>>87943064
>suddenly became
Nigga what. Aang was much closer to a Jesus-like figure than Korra.
>>
>>87943138

No, he wasn't. He was flawed and actually grew up from mistakes. Korra kept getting shit handed to her and always found some way to prove she was in the right all along.
>>
>>87943549
>prove she was in the right all along
Then again so was Aang. So much so that his way of life had the universe work for him. They're the protagonists of a kid's show, they are both going to be in the right all along.
>>
>>87943549
That has nothing to do with being Jesus-like. He never punched away problems.

I feel like you're trying to find an alternative way to say Mary Sue, but Jesus ain't it.
>>
>>87943609

Aang was only right in situations that he could prove where he was in some way, barring the whole lion-turtle power up prior to Ozai.

>>87943852

Jesus it is because of the fucking whole "I'm the incarnation of everything goody and nice, while my uncle because everything not-nice and ugly!"

It's still fucking stupid regardless because the avatar shouldn't be the embodiment of good, it ruins the whole point of bringing balance.
>>
Blame Aang for not making Tenzin get every air acolyte pregnant the moment his hormones kicked in. I guess he really didn't want his kind to return.
>>
>>87940395
She came off as a Mary Su(yin).
>artsy and likeable rebel
>leaves to go start her own super special metal bending colony
This one bothers me because Zaofu doesn't thematically fit with the rest of the world.
>City is the pioneer of technology, art, peace, and acceptance.
>She runs the whole thing while also being a perfect mother.
>Gets a disproportional amount of character development.
>she is portrayed as 'in the right' regarding most situations.

I remember reading somewhere that they intended to make her a villain, which would have been the trade off, but like Asami they decided later on she should be good and perfect.

All in all she's hard to watch because her "faults" (if she has any) are overshadowed by ow perfect she's portrayed.
>>
One of the many flaws of LoK is that "the good guys" are typically incompetent, self-centered, whiny and generally unlikable. Tenzin's breeding sow is no exception.
>>
>>87940738
Damage happened off screen, we know she AT LEAST got hit in the face
>>
>>87944288
Aang should have just found out about the portals that no one ever mentioned and opened them. Then searched the Spirit World in person to see if the spirits had an answer.
Then he could have fought Satan before the Final Hour and locked him up inside of himself.

Then leave the portals opened and hey maybe something nice would have happened.

>>87943988
>Aang was only right in situations that he could prove where he was in some way
Aang's opponents didn't try for political or moral high ground like situations they wrote Korra into though.
>>
>>87944348

Flaws are good though, problem is that they became grating rather than charming or things the characters tried to fix. Hell, we all thought Mako and Asami would patch things up and get back together but NOPE, Korra returns and it's swept so far under the rug even Edgar Allen Poe would go "at least fucking TRY you dollop!"
>>
>>87944389

He still found himself in situations where someone was certain they were right, and he had to prove them wrong. Namely the small nation that blamed him for killing their ancestral king. And while he didn't prove his innocence, he at least showed that it wasn't right to shit on his other lives (especially his own) just because he embodies the spirit of the person who did the deed.
>>
>>87944348
Tenzin and Lin were really the only truly likable characters.
>>87944409
The issue with LoK is that Bryke were in 100% control this time around. ATLA had a fuck ton of great writers to keep things in check and not let Bryke's daddy/family issues get in the way of plot.
>>
>>87944288

He could at least go around raping women and making more air benders that way.
>>
File: 1472910205753.jpg (113KB, 500x667px)
1472910205753.jpg
113KB, 500x667px
Reminder that characters don't have to be likable or relatable.
>>
>>87944474
>Tenzin: You have to listen to what I preach even though I can't follow through with it myself and I know absolutely nothing about the spiritual side.

>Lin: You can't do things outside the law.
Episodes later.
>I've got to work outside the law.

I did still like them but I wish the hypocrisy of their actions and words wasn't always dismissed because the blame had to go elsewhere.
>>
>>87944288
I blame Aang for fucking a waterbender and only having three kids with her
>>
>>87944474
Tenzin and Lin were far from likable. Lin was a petty and petulant child in the body of a grandmother and Tenzin was a pompous stick in the mud who only ever thought of what he himself wanted and was bad at everything he set out to do.
>>
>>87944623
To be fair, Korra was outright ignoring him at points during her training, and Lin had to work outside the law since she was fired from her position.
>>
I wonder if Aang ever regretted not letting Korra commit suicide at the end of season 1. I mean, she did erase him and the rest of the Avatars from existence.
>>
>>87944539

Tell that to people who complain about the trio in GTAV.
>>
>>87944702
She didn't take a step forward and he didn't stop her. She stepped back and sat down because she didn't want to do it. She took the opposite way that Tarrlok and not-Amon did, even if it was only rejecting the idea.

What he should have done is not done anything at all and so she wouldn't be able to access the Avatar State so she'd have to do soul searching and spiritual stuff to awaken it on her own.

He helped her too much is the problem.

>>87944679
>from her position.
To which she was denying the other person who is in a position of stepping in to help the world from doing their job in the first place.
>>
>>87944679
>Korra was outright ignoring him at points during her training
Well, duh. No one in LoK cares about what anyone else wants or needs.
>>
File: Korra76.png (340KB, 583x648px)
Korra76.png
340KB, 583x648px
>>87944679
>>
>>87942343
Your feelings don't matter to me either anon, I'm still entitled to my opinion. And my opinion is the love triangle is shit and Bryke are hacks.

LoK's writing is not god until book 3 when they finally drop that contrived soap opera bullshit.
>>
>>87944539
Exactly. Which is why people can like our dislike any character they want.
>>
>>87942273
>MakoAsami was boring
Thats why it works
>>
>>87945136
>Nothing happens be it good nor bad so it works.

Yes that's true. But if it didn't happen then it wouldn't be so jarring for Mako/Korra. And if neither happened then we save time, money, and energy that can go to other things in the show.
>>
>>87937055

To be fair, a fair bit of that's on Mako for being an indecisive dick who always wanted what he didn't have. When he and Korra were together he starts eyeing Asami again the second things get rough.
>>
File: linpemakya.jpg (18KB, 535x179px) Image search: [Google]
linpemakya.jpg
18KB, 535x179px
>>87934186
so that's where the face came from
>>
>>87935630
NO.
>>
File: Baby-Makin.jpg (1MB, 3026x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Makin.jpg
1MB, 3026x1697px
>>87939962
Yep
Linko OTP
>>
Tenzin did not truly want kids. He had a moral obligation to reproduce, but you can tell he really could not stand the shit youth puts him through. Too bad this aspect of Tenzin was never exposed in the series...
>>
>>87934700
Pema only had 4
>>
>>87935327
The rule didn't change at all between ATLA and LoK, it was always somewhat genetic
>>
>>87940491
>Post-development Sokka holds these characteristics far more than Katara does who is incredibly stubborn sometimes
Fucking this. Spirituality might be the canonical excuse for separating bender and non-benders but it doesn't hold up under any sort of analysis.
Katara was stubborn, she held grudges and she was obsessed with past traumas. Not that these make her a bad person but they don't fit in with the show's description of water spirituality at all.
Sokka on the other hand adapted well to new situations and let the past wash away behind him. He might not have cared for the spirits but his personality was much more in line with his element.
If we're going by spirituality, Katara should have been an Earthbender, given that she's stubborn but nurturing, but bending doesn't work like that.
>>
>>87942508
>fucking lion-turtles giving everyone whatever power
How is that genetic? Do you understand what genetic means?
>>
File: 1432363310585.jpg (46KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
1432363310585.jpg
46KB, 776x602px
>>87944711
>GTA has good writing
>>
>>87945106
True but I feel like you're missing the point.
>>
>>87951772
So far.
>>
>>87951772
But she was 4 for 4 at making airbenders
>>
>>87934703
No, she just didn't want kids.
Tenzin did want kids.
They broke up.
>>
>>87942508
>they pretty much made bending genetic in Korra
Kai says Hi.
>>
She denied Lin any happiness and her whole role was literally baby making.
Her existence alone was poison to this show.
>>
>>87959562
This
>>
>>87952469
I get your point asshole. But it's irrelevant and just an excuse to deflect any criticism against Pema. She's a shit character get over it.
>>
This whole thread was bait from the start and I took the bait. It kind of made me hate Pema more than I ever intended. She's a bad character but her fanboy apologists are more annoying than she ever was.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.