[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4161.jpg (90KB, 998x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4161.jpg
90KB, 998x503px
What did he mean by this?
>>
He comes to the relaization that the act of observing or attempting to influence Earth Prime in any way causes new permutations to split off. You can't go to Earth Prime and destroy it, because the act of doing so creates an alternate reality where you didn't survive the trip (and realities that spin off from that) and an alternate reality where you're stopped, and so on. You can only destroy branches of the tree, not the roots.
And since his goal was to destroy the root, he realized his entire mission was folly.
>>
>>87930617
Do you think he could have been redeemed if he found out who batman was under the mask?
>>
>>87930617
He came to the realization that in a multiverse free will is an illussion, for every outcome a new universe where what you did didnĀ“t happened is created.
>>
>>87930617
It doesn't matter...
>>
He was talking about how everything dies even the stars and the planets and the universe itself

It doesn't matter if you save the world or destroy it, the end outcome is the same. And nothing will matter anyway
>>
Nihilism
>>
>>87930696
The whole "Earth Prime" concept is retarded to begin with. No branch is less real, so you can't call one the "original" and the other a deviation.
>>
Is he cool in the comics?
>>
File: being depressed. 2016.png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
being depressed. 2016.png
286KB, 889x592px
>>87930617
He blinked
>>
>>87930617
lmao i love this epic meme
>>
File: The Multiverse in brief.jpg (3MB, 1820x5055px) Image search: [Google]
The Multiverse in brief.jpg
3MB, 1820x5055px
>>87933997
Post-Infinite Crisis it makes sense.
Between IC and the end of 52, every earth was a copy of the New Earth that was created after COIE.
It was only after Mr. Mind's tampering with their histories that they became what they are now.
>>
>>87930696
>>87933997

That's not it at all.
>>
>>87936949

That's still the same rule.

By the way, Earth-0 is the cornerstone of the multiverse. If you destroy the Earth-0 universe, the whole multiverse goes with it.

That's why the multiverse as a whole was altered by Flash time-travels during Flashpoint, despite him only messing with Earth-0's time-line.
>>
>>87937000
Yeah, this guy thinks that Earth Prime is just another branch, when it's actually the trunk.
Which is, in itself, a clipping from a larger, dead tree.

The Organic DC metaphor works again.
>>
>>87936828
What kind of fool claims they enjoy the meaninglessness of existence? Seems more like something a smug high-schooler would think than someone who's life experience actually made them a nihilist.
>>
File: pepe killed all teh demons.png (293KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe killed all teh demons.png
293KB, 750x1000px
>>87937143
Go read Sartre and Camus then come back to me
>tl;dr if Life is meaningless, then fuck it'll i'll make my own damn meaning and be happy with it
>>
>>87937196
But that's bullshit. Your meaning nonsense and your happiness is hollow.
>>
>>87937143
someone like Albert Camus
>>
File: duwang.png (391KB, 774x315px) Image search: [Google]
duwang.png
391KB, 774x315px
>>87937231
Here's some normie tier stuff to get you started
Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI25easQs2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrbeBTiO5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORIDYHOFTQ

Feel free to look up Stirner too, i need some sleep
>>
>>87930617
>What did he mean by this?
Nothing
>>
>>87937196
Someone is using his major in philosophy? because i don't
>>
>>87937231
>Your meaning nonsense and your happiness is hollow.
It doesn't matter...
>>
File: nihilist arbys.png (89KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
nihilist arbys.png
89KB, 600x336px
>>87936828
>>
>>87933997

Plus if there were truly infinite universes and only one Earth Prime the final battle should have been millions of Batmen versus millions of Owlmen,with maybe a few universes where Superman went instead of Batman or something. Instead of only two of them reaching earth-prime.
>>
>>87937231
if all things are hollow, then may as well enjoy hollow happiness rather than wallow in hollow misery
>>
>>87931015
You don't required a multiverse for that, free will is already an illusion.
>>
>>87937231
It turns out that happiness is a chemical reaction, and doesn't care that existence is meaningless.
>>
>>87937094
But in this case there is no way to say what is the "trunk" and what is a branch.
>>
>>87933777
Fucking germans.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.