[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get some thoughts on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: 2qjm92e.jpg (338KB, 1278x654px) Image search: [Google]
2qjm92e.jpg
338KB, 1278x654px
Just got back from watching this with my family at Thanksgiving and it's not nearly as fucking bad as people made it out to be. In fact, I'd say me and our household quite enjoyed it frankly.

Why don't people like this movie again?
>>
because it was hyped up to be the movie to end all movies, you could have made it twice as good, and people would still hate it
>>
>>87923803
I liked the Ultimate cut fine
>>
>>87923803
It's bloated and has some pacing issues. It either needs to be a half hour longer and develop some things more or a half hour shorter with less subplots.
>>
File: 1479976905249.jpg (303KB, 1542x1257px) Image search: [Google]
1479976905249.jpg
303KB, 1542x1257px
>>87923803
>>
>>87923803
Are these threads some kind of control group check? I'm drunk but the frequency makes me think of some kind of widespread social engineering tests. As trolling it was never funny. Too predictable.
>>
File: 1480020694423.jpg (368KB, 1065x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1480020694423.jpg
368KB, 1065x1233px
>>87923803
>Why don't people like this movie again?
I wonder...
>>
The stuff with Doomsday and Skeltal Woman in the final fight.

There's a big tonal disconnect between it and what came before.

Martha was corny, but the scene works fine in "humanizing" Clark in Bats's eyes, which was the point. It just lends itself to humour pretty well. The bad part was that he said "Martha won't die tonight" instead of "His mother won't die tonight".

There was some neat commentary on contemporary political philosophy--not in the left v. right sense--just political theory. And the chase scene was perfect.
>>
>>87923803
Because 90% of viewers didn't understand what the villain, who orchestrated the events of the movie, was trying to fucking do. Because of WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME. Because of Batman killing people. Because of Supes acting like a moody asshole. Because of DO YOU BLEED. Because the movie hyped as bringing the two most famous characters in comics to the big screen together did not qualify as containing either of those characters. Because of Dr. ZoidBat.
>>
>>87927340
>The bad part was that he said "Martha won't die tonight" instead of "His mother won't die tonight".
But if he just said "mom", Bats would have just thought he was talking about an Alien.

Clark's not an idiot, unlike the modern moviegoing audience.
>>
>>87927447
>>87927340
Wait, I misread your post.

But my point still stands in general.

And having Bruce say Martha is THE point.
Bruce is avenging HIS Martha.
>>
>>87926804
This explanation makes a lot more sense then it should.
>>
>>87927447
The part you greentexted, that's what Bruce said to Lois after he got over his murderhateboner.
It didn't flow right. Hence "His [Clark's] mother".
>>
>>87927496
see
>>87927470
>>
File: Screenshot_20161124-010106.jpg (849KB, 1440x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161124-010106.jpg
849KB, 1440x1486px
>>87925968
Thanks based Snyder.

Also it wasn't received well because it was released as a puzzle. The Ultimate Cut clears things up a bit by having better editing.

However, yes there are issues, particularly the Bullet/Africa subplot. It's fine that Lois is given something to do but this whole aspect of the film felt forced.
>>
>>87927470
I can see that, but there's a disconnect between the point of making Clark a 'human', making it about Martha is monolithic and bizzare, making it about Clark's mum, is softening. The scene doesn't really bother me, it's just a weird transition that would've been easier to stomach. And yeah, of course, Bruce is doing it for himself just as much, but it makes it more personal if he's able to save someone else's mother, also a Martha instead. Hell, "His mother...Martha. I can save her now", would be better.
>>
>>87927595
>Hell, "His mother...Martha. I can save her now", would be better.
Let's agree to disagree.
BvS Bruce is a deranged mess until he can convince himself that he has a purpose, and can do good.
Him saying "Martha won't die tonight" is him promising himself to fix his shit.
>>
I liked it, the UC is a much better movie just through pacing alone. Even though I like it there are still big problems with the film and the way Snyder has imagined these characters
>>
>>87927639
They effectively mean the same thing.

The line as is, doesn't flow right. It just sort plops down and that's that.
>>
>>87927679
>The line as is, doesn't flow right.
I disagree.
>>
>>87923803
Paid shills.

The movie was great.
>>
>>87924173
Where? Every scene was important in some way and nothing felt too quick or too slow.
>>
>>87927787
protip: "bad pacing" is one of the most meaningless statements out there and is usually code for "I was bored".
And bored is code for pleb.
>>
>>87923803

the theatrical cut editing was a mess, which highlighted the bad sides of this movie and made it seem even more pretentious and I mean art house movie levels of pretentiousness.
>>
>>87927906
>pretentious
How? Because it had themes?
>>
>>87923803

You saw it where? Some fourteenth run theater in some fourth world part of North America that, just coinkidink celebrates Thanksgiving? One of those places with sofas, bad pizza and keg beer?

As for why:

>Google: Zack Snyder murdered my childhood.
>>
>>87925968
>>87927588
>>
>>87928036
It's kind of sad that someone was bootyblasted enough to make this.
>>
>>87927806
>protip

Poor editing, written by committee, over-stuffed with comic references that will actually never be fleshed out, meaningless contrivances, fridge logic moments galore.

cf: shitty
>>
Lex's plan made zero sense
Superman and Batman barely interacted
Batman spent the whole movie acting like a whiny child
Justice League cameos were horrible
Heaps of unneeded padding like the Knightmare scene
>>
>>87928056
>Poor editing, written by committee
No and no.
Stopped reading there.
Only two writers and Terrio scrapped most of Goyer's script.
>>
>>87928058
>Lex's plan made zero sense
>Superman and Batman barely interacted
>Batman spent the whole movie acting like a whiny child
>Justice League cameos were horrible
>Heaps of unneeded padding like the Knightmare scene
All objectively false.
>>
>>87928056
>words words words

But still no proof. No specific scenes, nothing.
>>
My only gripe was Dr. Pavel, I'm Olsen.
>>87927906
Such as? I honestly don't remember any points where the movie tried to be artsy outside of the obvious cross at Clark's death. That's something you'd see in any given comic, though. The bat scenes were explicitly stated to be dreams, and I'm not sure what else there was.
>>
>Movie has nothing to do with real Batman, Superman and, especially, Lex luthor and Doomsday.
>Goyer's script, nuff said
>tons of unnecessary subplots and sequences
>movie is literally big JL trailer+ticket bait death battle
Jeez, I dunno why people don't like it
>>
>>87927946

the movie jumped from one "meaningful" scene to the other without much natural transition, which made the story progression seem random and disconnected, Snyder movies are already heavy on the visuals/soundtrack but in the first half till the begin of the superman/batman fight, you had one such "meaningful" scene after another, which made the movie feel exhausting to watch and hard to follow.

You had all the imagery and all those highlighted moments and what seemed like random plot progression, like in a music video or in an arthouse movies. The Ultimate Cut really showed that all those little scenes like stablishing shots or even mundane scenes are important for the flow of the story.
>>
>>87923803
Ask China.

>fell to third place in its second weekend after falling enormously by 78% to $12.7 million, a record for a superhero film.
>>
File: 1459822617429.png (288KB, 539x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459822617429.png
288KB, 539x300px
Too much crap

like there's gotta be over 30 minutes of setting up Justice League shit, and that's bad because it has nothing to do with this evil Lex story (the true story of the movie)

They should have done like Marvel or the X-Men movies and just do a short little teaser. Instead, they put a whole subplot about how Lex was searching for metas and Bruce finds out about Diana and then it keeps getting brought up again and again and then at the end he's like "I want you to help me find the others" and at that point it has just been forced entirely too hard
>>
>>87928092
>All objectively false.
Using "objectively" while giving your opinion on a movie makes you sound dumb.
Just a reminder: an opinion is by definition subjective.
>>
>>87928198
Anon, I'm sorry to tell you this, but there is no real Batman or Superman. It's all a cartoon. I'm sorry.
>>
>>87923803

maybe because it's shit?

maybe because people get suicidal tendencies after watching it?
>>
>>87923803
It's hard to like a movie where everyone is kind of an asshole and, at most, worthy of pity.
>>
>>87929409
you're are objectively dumb
>>
>its a "snyder shills try to defend one of his worst movies episode"
>>
I liked Lex, Alfred, Bats/Bruce, Wondy.
I thought it was way too dark, fuck yo filters Snyder, and it was far too convoluted when it could have been shorter or time gone to other plotlines.
Snyder overall wasn't terrible but he didn't do great or as wellas he could/should have, but it was doomed from the beginning thanks to Goyer's MOS and Goyer's initial BvS.
>>
>>87923803
I fucking love this movie
>>
Ultimate Cut was a lot of fun to watch.
>>
I'm so tired of the retarded arguments this movie causes.
>>
>>87923803
pretty damn good movie
>>
How can people justify liking this movie?
>>
>>87927490
>>87926804
I don't know, but I hate them.
This movie is fucking shit. It's pacing is awful, it's plot makes no sense, Batman straight up fucking murders people, MARTHAAAA is one of the worst scenes in film history.
I don't know where this Snyder apologist bullshit comes from.
>>
>>87927730
Mewled the shill.
>>
>>87928092
Except no, they're not, you degenerate shill.
>>87928114
Who is paying for this shit? No one can have taste this terrible.
I refuse to believe you are real people with opinions this terrible.
>>
>>87923803
>me and our househould

I'll never bother you or you're wife's son again
>>
>>87923803
because it's objectively a shit film and only deluded plebs unironically liked it
>>
>>87929912
>>87932001
This. You can defend it all you want but at the end of the day, its just a shitty movie. It has some cool scenes but that doesn't excuse Snyder's hackiness from ruining it.
>>
>>87927158
wut
>>
>>87923803
because MARTHA
>>
WHY IS GOTHAM RIGHT NEXT TO METROPOLIS
>>
>>87923803
because (((they))) don't want anyone enjoying anything other than their Marvel products
>>
It was stupid but entertaining
>>
>>87923803
9 months and people are still doing damage control.
>>
File: Man of Steel shots.jpg (940KB, 5400x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel shots.jpg
940KB, 5400x2250px
>>87923803
I didn't like because the some of the plot points and character motives just didn't make sense to me, especially as a fan. The Justice League member introductions were shoehorned in, feeling kind off and awkward. I didn't like Gadot's performance.

I say that as someone who greatly enjoyed Man of Steel, which in my opinion makes more sense plot wise and character wise.

I was very disappointed by this movie.
>>
>>87933325
It usually is. What's the problem?
>>
>>87933584
Why the fuck would Gotham be such a shithole then?
>>
>>87928295
>the movie jumped from one "meaningful" scene to the other without much natural transition
Where? The transitions were great.

>the movie jumped from one "meaningful" scene to the other without much natural transition
Are you kidding me? You're complaining that there's no filler? Filler is one of the stupidest things in movies. Having each scene be important was one of BvS's greatest strengths.

>The Ultimate Cut really showed that all those little scenes like stablishing shots or even mundane scenes are important for the flow of the story.
Theatrical cut also had establishing shots. "Mundane scenes"? You mean filler? No, that's not important. Where did you get this idea from? Why would I want to watch a movie with scenes where nothing happens?
>>
>>87930838
>I refuse to believe you are real people
Same mentality as Hillary supporters. You can't provide proof so your next course of action is freaking out and pretending the opposition doesn't exist.
>>
>>87933604
In the comics it's usually because Batman has a non-interference policy with Superman. They each stay to their own cities because the last thing they need is the Batman Rogues getting Intergang level alien weaponry or some shit. Even then, when things go REALLY bad (like the No Man's Land earthquake) Superman will sneak in, do some life saving, and Batman pretends he didn't notice.

In the DCEU I presume it's because Superman doesn't particularly care.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.