[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the fanbase like when it was aired?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: teen_titties.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
teen_titties.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What was the fanbase like when it was aired?
>>
>>87923048
Growing and decent
>>
Obnoxious weeaboos, as they always were.
>>
Most of the were children.
>>
>>87923048
Roleplaying and AMVs. The fanbase then declined around the summer of 2010.
>>
>>87923228
>weaboos
Is it still weaboo if it's not Japanese but heavily influenced?
I can see weaboos saying Teen Titans and Avatar are poor imitators
>>
>>87923530
Not at all

That anon is just a retard that gets triggered by the art style for whatever reason.
>>
Anime fans, shippers, knew jack shit about the source material (can't blame them), assumed it was part of the DCAU because of a line Batman said in Static Shock.
You know how some fanbases have this weird focus on minor background characters?
If Teen Titans aired today that shit would've happened.
>>
>>87923530
>>87923554
>I totally know what weaboo means, I read all about it on knowyourmeme
>>
>>87923048
I was in my teens and at boarding school.
>>
>>87923048

If I didn't know who Robin was, I probably would've skipped this

And I'm glad I stayed
>>
I was ten
>>
>>87923048
This show was more conservative than JLU.

JLU questioned American Imperialism, Teen Titans made anti-French views.
>>
>>87923048
It was waifufags OP, a good chunk of it was just waifufags.
>>
>>87923672
You should be saying that about >>87923228
>>
Speaking of TT, why do memes on Facebook and the like always say "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2004"? Shouldn't it be "RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2007", or when Jew Snyder took over?

04-06, were, Imo, some of CN's best years. Toonami on Saturdays (discounting DICE and Wulin Warriors), Miguzi, Adult Swim, The Graveyard Shift, Fridays, the 10:00 hour, Uncut DBZ, JLU, Teen Titans, Megas XLR, IGPX, (some) Static Shock, Ozzy and Drix, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Class of 3000 the City-era bumps, and cartoons that were actually funny (Grim Adventures). PLUS we had reruns of shows from the '90s still on (Dexter, Johnny Bravo, PPG).
>>
I kinda liked the show, but thought it wasn't as good as Justice League.
>>
>>87923228
Agreed.
>>
>>87923554

Those shows were specifically made to target anime fans, dumbass. Just like most cartoons and comics in the early 2000s.
>>
>>87923048

I remember a lot of people saying it was shit and trying to hard, yet failing to be anime.

But then those more serious episodes came out and the show ended which resulted in people saying it was actually good.
>>
>>87924905
He's the one that used it to describe the FANBASE and not the show, so no, he got it closer than anyone else. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1430276433863.gif (94KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1430276433863.gif
94KB, 325x244px
>>87923277
>AMVs
>remember how all over the place they used to be
>every fucking thing had a shitty color-shift Windows Movie Maker AMV
>AMV Hell's 1-4 reigned like kings

Is this what conservationists feel when something goes extinct?
>>
>>87923048
All I remember is how people hated it at the time. Now people seem to remember it fondly.
>>
>>87925144
>But then those more serious episodes came out and the show ended which resulted in people saying it was actually good.

There was only about 5 in the whole series. And they tried too hard to be serious.
>>
>>87923048
Average anime fanbase.
>>
>>87923048
There was a lot of xD x_x :o -_- :s
>>
>>87924905
Weeaboo was just a filter replacing of the word "wapanese", so he used it correctly. It's not things from Japan that are weeaboo, it's people who things to be more japanese and anime.
>>
>>87924964
I got the impression that everything, including CN, started falling apart in 2005, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>87927645
It really is a 2003-2005 time capsule, isn't it?
>>
>>87923048
Most people I knew didn't really care for it until Terra showed up, and only the minority of that group was aware of the Judas Contract and wanted to see how the kid's show would deliver the product. The resolution of the Terra, HIVE, and Trigon arcs was a huge split down the middle for us, some (like me) satisfied with how the story progressed and comfortable with character changes, while others were livid with how Terra's (and, as a result, Beast Boy's) character was handled, the gratuitous alterations to Brother Blood's story, and "the power of friendship" defeating not!Satan. Everyone loved jacking off to Ron Perlman, though.

Those of us who saw the movie were again split, loathing the grorious Nippon masturbation but happy that Starfire and Robin got together, and then the sickos like everyone in this thread turned into wild animals when Zone made the parody and uploaded it to Newgrounds.
>>
>>87924490
Can confirm, wanted to bone Raven and Starfire. Still do, but I used to, too.
>>
Was /co/ around when Teen Titans ended? I forget.
I know /co/ was around when JLU ended and it was a pretty fab time.
>>
>>87928968
Am I a pleb if I think DCAU characters are the best incarnation of their characters?
>>
>>87929028
Back in 2006 or 2007 or whenever the fuck JLU was running?
NOPE.
Backlash against the the Batman Beyond ending was also tiny and most people were pleased on how the endings were.

I miss /co/ from back then, since they actually made me get back into collecting comics again. Nowadays almost it's mostly negative, albeit within reason lately.
>>
>>87929028
Yeah, DCAU had the best versions of various DC characters that are fun and mature but without being edgie.
>>
>>87923564
>You know how some fanbases have this weird focus on minor background characters?
>If Teen Titans aired today that shit would've happened.
Teen Titans general - Jericho best girl(male) edition
>>
>>87923048
I masturbated to Raven a lot.
>>
File: IMG_0338.jpg (521KB, 948x1431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0338.jpg
521KB, 948x1431px
>>87923048

Anyone know if Mas y Menos were a replacement for Hawk and Dove?
>>
>>87923229
this
>>
>>87924964
>shit talking wulin warriors
>>
>>87923048
>love TT cartoon
>want to get into the comics
>They are really serious and depressing
>ugly art style
Never again
>>
No idea, but this and Totally Spies made me wary of Avatar at first cause I thought it would be the same forced animu bullshit with whacky reaction faces.
>>
>>87923048
a bunch of fucking pervert
and a blame zone for dat
raven was my first interaction with ''hentai'',a miss click in newground never felt so good
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.