[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

makes no sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Hugh Bliss.png (37KB, 180x195px) Image search: [Google]
Hugh Bliss.png
37KB, 180x195px
>captain America is trained to resist telepathic influence

Things that make no sense
>>
>>87918904
Why wouldn't he be?
>>
>>87918936
How would you even begin to train that?
>>
>>87918904
Why doesn't that make sense?
>>
>>87918944
easy for you to ask, since it's not real. in these universes it's not only real but it's explicitly natural, not some kind of magic. they have found a way
>>
>>87918944
You might as well ask how you would even begin to telepathically mind control someone.
>>
File: IMG_20161004_105900.jpg (5KB, 131x135px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161004_105900.jpg
5KB, 131x135px
>>87918944
>He doesn't know about the benefits of meditation
>>
This always seems to be a thing they give non-meta, or badass normies like Batman or Captain America, the ability to resist Telepathic Control/Influence through willpower.

It's bullshit.
It implies that other people just werent trying hard enough , or that there's a specific regiment/training of the mind that somehow resists MAGICAL MIND BRAIN RAYS .
>>
>>87919036
>It implies that other people just werent trying hard enough , or that there's a specific regiment/training of the mind
Like people that cant lift heavy shit or fight off 100 bad guys cause they haven't tried hard enough? Is that bullshit too?
>>
>>87919036
you need a special helmet to resist mind brain rays
once those rays have penetrated your skull, however, you need training to keep them from reading anything useful. Batman has always had that, though in most older stories he was using it against brain-reading MACHINES.
>>
>>87918944
Start with becoming immune to subliminal suggestions.
Have him watch fast food commercials and fried chicken ads non-stop until he can truly say he doesn't want any.
>>
I dunno. There's training to resist to torture. Depending how mind control works in your setting you could use some tricks to detect and resist it.
>>
>>87918904
Captain America is so goddamn patriotic than once his mind is made up you can't change it even with mind control.
>>
>>87919036
Everyone can learn anti-Telepath abilities in Marvel. Is based on the ability to regulate thoughts and Telepath-types simply channel that externally, be it by mutation, magic, or simply a high enough level of mental focus.
>>
>>87918904
Telltale's Sam & Max games are woefully underrated.
>>
>>87918904
>>87918944
My guess is all that stuff people talk about "strengthening your mind" and "meditating" and shit like on /x/ is actually real in the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>87920224
True, it's really sad how telltale has fallen
>>
>>87920224
S1 & 2 are GOAT

S3 was ehhhh pretty bad

still want a S4
>>
Most lower-level mind powers in Marvel have an element of suggestion to them that can be resisted if you know how. Even the Purple Man just makes people really, really want to do what he says and can be resisted with enough ego.
>>
>>87920343

Are new telltale games actually bad or is everyone just bored with the formula
>>
>>87920224

I wish they would stop making visual novels with minimal/illusory "choices" and just make season 4 of Sam and Max.
>>
>>87920382
Just bored with the formula

it's typically a cheap adventure game with almost no adventure

Sam & Max and Walter and Gromit are pretty much their only adventure games

the rest are just interactive stories which vary, The Walking Dead is the only interactive story I've enjoyed... the first season at least
>>
>>87920440
What about the Strongbad games?
>>
>>87920466
Actually haven't played those
>>
>>87920488
They fall very squarely into the Monkey Island-style point and click adventure genre.
>>
File: 1468792349244.jpg (202KB, 860x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468792349244.jpg
202KB, 860x960px
Kingpin could do it just by being full of himself
>>
>>87921980
>Nah y'know what, fuck off
Based
>>
File: geek-car.jpg (39KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
geek-car.jpg
39KB, 640x413px
>>87918944
First, tell me how telepathic influence works. Then I can tell you if any of the skills I have or have witnessed can apply.
>>
>>87921980
Purple Man's influence is based on the nerve-gas he was dyed with. Kingpin has a protective layer of KFC skin grease.
>>
>>87922430
pffft... not even the 3.2 litre S, Opinions and ideas disregarded and discarded by mental spam filter.

No point point drinking skimmed milk. full cream is where the juice and flavour is ;)

If I become based enough again before lose hair want one of those toys and will bullshit myself into believing the lewd gestures from sad people in traffic are displays of affection(being able to mind f#$k yourself is a very potent torture resistance technique,)

if B8d n nearly hooked told you ima b eating krill fishermen.(ignore this if N/A)
>>
>>87922430
in more words... cool car buddy enjoy.

just in case my crazy anon assesment is 83% chance courtiers high fiving approx 7mins ago after getting their spoor to poke it's head out the bush. again pls disregard if N/A
>>
File: psyops_poster.jpg (77KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
psyops_poster.jpg
77KB, 480x640px
>>87918904
>not being trained against mental attacks
>>
>>87919308
If he's truly Captain AMERICA, he'll never stop
>>
>>87918944
Simple, be able to fully control your mental faculties.

Someone tries to read your mind? Well shit nigger all you're gonna see is the good old stars and stripes because that's all Cap is ognna think about while you're digging around in there.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2010-12-22-03h15m19s164.png (605KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2010-12-22-03h15m19s164.png
605KB, 853x480px
>>87920343
Disagree.

Season 1 is alright, a good first attempt, seasons 2 and 3 are wonderful.

I DO agree we need a new season, though. Hell, parody the direction Telltale's gone now. That choice based gameplay with ridiculous dialogue and insane choices
>>
>>87918944
Eight, sir; seven, sir;
Six, sir; five, sir;
Four, sir; three, sir;
Two, sir; one!
Tenser, said the Tensor.
Tenser, said the Tensor.
Tension, apprehension,
And dissension have begun.
>>
>>87918904
its very simple anon, you just play pazaak in your head
>>
>>87918944
See this, actually >>87918996
Interestingly enough, there actually was a form of training for this, granted it isn't actual "mind control" as people understand the fictional concept.

There was something training astronauts and cosmonauts where they would have them work on tasks involving math and counting, while subtly feeding them random numbers over a speaker or earpiece. The whole idea is to be able to focus under duress and block out distractions.
So if you took that to more extreme levels, with even more subtle distractions, you could say that it's training to resist 'reasonable' forms of "mind control".

But obviously OP doesn't realize that saying someone can "resist mind control" is just exposition to tie up loose ends, to excuse why they don't make stories of a character being mind controlled, or to excuse getting out of a situation where a character appears to be mind controlled for drama.
>>
>>87918944
First, he has supreme focus & meditation from all the fucking martial arts he knows, which is a goddamned lot of them.
Second, consider the Avengers he's trained through the decades with hand to hand fighting. What are the odds that he was tutored in mental defense by Moondragon or the like while he was instructing them? Agreed, I'd like to see the source of his mental fortitude given some credit & explanation too.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.